Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    Barrier, Holy seal.

Other two are a waste early on, doesn't do much good if you get stunned for 3 turns in BG/Arena
    For pvp yeah... but for pve survival and focus are great.

Comment

• Survival has it's good and bad.
      Good being it has a chance to give rage.
      Bad being it takes longer time to cooldown.
      Bad being over a 1 minute time frame, 4 heals normally, and 3 heals with increase of only 60%... so missing 40% of the heal.
      So with that, the +rage doesn't justify less healing to me. (Although I recently added it and it has slightly made DT harder.)

Focus is.. Well, for someone just reaching lv 5 HS, shouldn't be concerned with Focus, I doubt MPs are consuming that much rage.

Comment

Survival has it's good and bad.
        Good being it has a chance to give rage.
        Bad being it takes longer time to cooldown.
        Bad being over a 1 minute time frame, 4 heals normally, and 3 heals with increase of only 60%... so missing 40% of the heal.
        So with that, the +rage doesn't justify less healing to me. (Although I recently added it and it has slightly made DT harder.)

Focus is.. Well, for someone just reaching lv 5 HS, shouldn't be concerned with Focus, I doubt MPs are consuming that much rage.
        Fair enough that focus might not be the #1 prio... but it's still worth taking, because it rly helps in 50 NM... which you want to start asap for the stones:P
        As for survival I disagree, it is not the part about giving rage, it is that it saves rage. Over that 1 min time frame, you would have healed 3.6 heals at the cost of 105 rage, compared to 4 heals at the cost of 140 rage.... When you have pvp set rage>cd, when you have pve set cd>rage (in terms of what you need:P) I am not sure if it is worth it with pve set, but with definently is with the pvp set.. because there is no way you make 35 rage in 15 secs with pvp :P

Comment

• okay okay. thank u so much for your opinion. n i will take "focus,barrier + survival ". if u have another opinion . i will take it for reference . for reference high mages XD

Comment

• Eh, Survivals +rage is the only reason I grabbed it. Giving my party +10 rage every now and then... Quicker heals is a lot better than an extra 20%. Especially if your team is scraping by on NM. Which at 59, GoD NM wasn't exactly the easiest at the time..

Comment

• survival is a good choice.
              ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
              Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
              My pathetic youtube channel
              -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Eh, Survivals +rage is the only reason I grabbed it. Giving my party +10 rage every now and then... Quicker heals is a lot better than an extra 20%. Especially if your team is scraping by on NM. Which at 59, GoD NM wasn't exactly the easiest at the time..
                We cleared GoD nm quite easy at 55... before that it was like hitting a wall with crackers. I have noticed the + rage of survival kick in once... in 100s of restorations:/... could've been a few more, but mostly I notice those stuffs.
                Yeah quick heals are better in terms of heal (and the -15% dmg taken) but with pvp set you dont have the rage for it... unless you got a load of rage runes xD

Comment

• Eh, I've only just grabbed it because someone else used restoration and I got +10 rage, which was perfect timing for me to cast Thunderer (Exactly 10 rage short)
                  Survival early on really does hinder the party more than it helps. That 5 seconds.. could mean the difference between something getting the final hit.

If you're running 55 PVP gear. You suck anyways. You should be running 40/50/60 PVE gears ^^

Comment

• Hmm, is the 40 set really worth it that much compared with 55 set? Rage gain ofcourse, but doesn't stat kinda fall behind?

Just 170loids left for 50 PvE set anyways tho keys&effort almost done! Until start aaaallllll over again*sigh*
                    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                    Mage: Existence (G.M)
                    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

• Actually, I was pretty surprised, there's only a slight increase in stats from 55 PVP gear, in PVP (Arena) PVP would be better.. but for PVE, 40 set is definitely better with the rage gain. I had 40 PVE set back during GoD NM, so I was always the healing mage =( *cries* So rage gain was never an issue for me. I still think survival is garbage early on.

Comment

Eh, Survivals +rage is the only reason I grabbed it. Giving my party +10 rage every now and then... Quicker heals is a lot better than an extra 20%. Especially if your team is scraping by on NM. Which at 59, GoD NM wasn't exactly the easiest at the time..
                        WOW that's so amazing .*O*. i need it so much. quick n extra *O*

Comment

• Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                          Hmm, is the 40 set really worth it that much compared with 55 set? Rage gain ofcourse, but doesn't stat kinda fall behind?

Just 170loids left for 50 PvE set anyways tho keys&effort almost done! Until start aaaallllll over again*sigh*
                          50sets so hard to find and expensive. :| .T^T...... hems,..

Comment

• Yeeep... Saved skele keys sonce the server started... Now getting close(er)
                            S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                            Mage: Existence (G.M)
                            BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Eh, I've only just grabbed it because someone else used restoration and I got +10 rage, which was perfect timing for me to cast Thunderer (Exactly 10 rage short)
                              Survival early on really does hinder the party more than it helps. That 5 seconds.. could mean the difference between something getting the final hit.

If you're running 55 PVP gear. You suck anyways. You should be running 40/50/60 PVE gears ^^
                              Saying I suck because of that is biased... I didn't get 40 because I went for 50... Now, after 3-4 weeks I only need around 100 xloids and 150 or so legends.. Byw another party had mages with 40 pve set, they were way after us in clearing 50 NM

Comment

• Eh, I'm done arguing it tbh.

Survival is ****. Maybe in higher levels when you can have maybe 30-35% gain for only 7-8 second CD..Until then, PVP wise you're gonna get stunned, stuns are gonna be longer, but hey, at least you can heal an additional 30% for the same rage cost (4K? at best for a decent mage, not one of those monster mages x.x)

PVE wise, Your team is gonna need more HP/Defense to buy you that time to keep up their health. That extra time also means you can't keep that +15% damage reduction buff on the tank, allowing him to tank better.

Trade off, your heals are better, you save rage.. But your party suffers at the expense.
                                No more needs to be said from me. You're an idiot to think Survival is better in either PVE or PVP situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X