Mages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages

So I'm just here wondering what kinds of Astrals I should need for my mage I want to make her a bit stronger since I'm a bit new to it. I've always played an
    archer so its new to me

Another question am I supposed to be ok with being called squishy as a mage? To be honest I just think mages are strong the way they are as
    long as they do their best and that it just takes time (naturally I felt being called squishy as an insult and something I wouldn't take)

I guess u could say I'm not feeling too confident about being a mage (guess I sound pathetic for saying that)

I'm not the type that gives up just for being called that but it sounds like a little too much...... I did try dealing with it instead I'm just known for
    being overdramatic about it I'm already starting to wonder if me telling a guild leader that I find it offensive was a bad idea from the start. guess Ishould've said nothing and moved to a new server instead I just moved to a new guild.....just hoping it will be better than my first. (I did consider the idea of being known as a mage that's squishy as an insult cause I had to wonder how would mages feel about that its the same with how
    you'd call a warrior fat and bulky and he might feel a bit humiliated about it and u cant blame someone for feeling that way cause maybe the little things u sayin guild chat matter to someone even if u didn't mean it that way just say something else in order to replace that because someone
    may not know how to tell u that what ur saying might be a little too much I mean just cause they tell a guild leader this problem doesn't mean
    their out to get you they just want u to stop and move on to a different topic and I'm sure its not easy for em to ignore this espcially if its on guild chat.)

but yah I just wanted to know what sort of astrals should I get for a mage ^_^"

I don't accept insults here just looking for help and maybe a bit of confidence if anyone has a good experience in mages thanks and have a fun
    time in-game

As stated before I don't accept insults about characters whether it be mage warrior or archer because you need to learn to stop think and listen
    before answering others or talking in guild chat I think characters are strong to their best abilities as long as they try their best. So please don't
    take it personal and don't be discouraged about others opinions and feel sad like me I just have low self confidence at times and some things
    affect me if u have any insults plz keep it to yourself it'd be much appreciated I know mages aren't all that strong but you shouldn't doubt that so
    instantly and call em squishy
    Last edited by LadyKayla; 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM.
    I don't want to live a life filled with regrets just because you are uncomfortable around me you have a mouth use it to express how you feel and don't be ashamed of it but if you're going to hide behind my back and get away with it that's where you're wrong T.T

Can you post a screenie of your character and astrals? Might be easier for people to give advice when they see the character in question.
    Also, do you want to be a crit mage or not? Do you prefer to be the healer or the damage dealing mage in a party? Do you prefer PvP or PvE? All such questions could influence how you build your character
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKayla View Post
      So I'm just here wondering what kinds of Astrals I should need for my mage I want to make her a bit stronger since I'm a bit new to it.
      Astrals you need: (my opinion)
      • Holy Mysticality (A must)
      • Holy Fortitude
      • Holy Willpower
      • Refined Goddess blessing
      • Enhanced Will Destroyer (if not going for a cirt type)
      • Enhanced Determination + Holy sniper's Edge (if going for a crit type)
      • Enhanced Guardian Angel (better if you're using enhanced will destroyer, other said)
      • Enhanced Deflection (better if you are a crit type)
      • Holy Enshieldment (for more block, optional)
      • Enhanced illusion (optional)

This link is a great introduction for a player who wants to build a good mage.

Also in this link is a discussion for Enhanced Will destroyer (EWD) type mage vs. Crit type mages. Might help you choose what build to take.

*Credits to Linazz (Redoga) for the about guides and discussion.
      Last edited by Flame_Ace; 07-02-2014, 09:09 AM.

The Magic is Within Ourselves

Comment

my mage lv 80.. weapon 80 legendary but still weak w/ BR 127k
        dont use mdef gem becoz my mage is crit tpe....
        need your support, guys

Comment

Best way to start out would be matk, hp, if going through the very first stages. Just to survive some WB hits and pass some dungeons without wasting daru on troops. (2 spots, only the very start of the game)
          Then you can switch to matk, pdef, mdef (or goddess blessing) once you build your hp from academy/guild/mounts. (3 spots)
          After this I would use enhanced will destroyer/refined goddess blessing. (4-5 spots. Kind of a personal decision if you want to trade mdef for goddess blessing and will destroyer in the 3rd-4th spot, and a few variations you can run with these)
          Get yourself the LD/IC medallion and you can think of switching to crit mage from lvl 60+ (I'll wait until 70).
          I started running a block astral combined with the LD medallion base stats at 60 and I like the results.
          After 70 you can run all the standard matk,mdef, pdef, crit, determ, goddess blessing, block at one time. Or you can drop some mdef in lieu of an illusion/reflection if you are comfortable with other stats you have. (again, situation dependent)

Honestly it's a bit tough to say because it depends on your luck with astals too, and what levels you are talking about. You'll get a variety of answers, but those are the basics that I liked to run with.

As far as being a "squishy" mage, I think a lot of that comes from trying to go crit-mage too early and trading off defense/hp spots before you built some good mount/fate/academy, etc defense/hp up.
          Last edited by CrizzyB; 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM.
          Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Astrals.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	1690235

These are my Astrals so far

Serene
            level 35
            Mage
            Server:497 Firey Portal
            I don't want to live a life filled with regrets just because you are uncomfortable around me you have a mouth use it to express how you feel and don't be ashamed of it but if you're going to hide behind my back and get away with it that's where you're wrong T.T

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	My mages br and stats.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	635.9 KB
ID:	1690236

This is my mages br and stats I don't know if it looks ok but I hope so been doing my best here so far and this is pretty much my first time doing a screenshot *gets out a Congratulations Screenshot Cake *Cuts up a slice for everyone* *shares it* don't worry its Vanilla ^_^"

I thank God youtube showed me how to do a screenshot for my windows7 laptop made things so much easier for me to learn it

Now u can admire the screenshot I put up so far Esemeweatherwax
              Last edited by LadyKayla; 07-03-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Priest of Pontifications
                LadyKayla is just another poster. For now....

I thought the game was launched in 2012 #18

Comment

Originally posted by R226329038 View Post
                  Priest of Pontifications
                  LadyKayla is just another poster. For now....

I thought the game was launched in 2012 #18
                  Wartune isn't the only game at R2, and it wasn't the first one, either.
                  "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                  and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

AEGIS major is a wonderful astral for you right now very early on, you can use it instead of your MDEF astral (Willpower) or Fortitude. Your biggest concern will be Magic Attack (matk) Mdef Pdef then damage reduction. Aegis Major does a good job very early on. Later on you will want to switch that out to a Refined Goddess Blessing, but for level 35, you are fine. Try to get a yellow everything for now and save up for red when you can. Enhanced Will Destroyer is easier to manage in the early development of a mage as it is easier to juggle your gems to get a decent defense. Your Physical Defense (Pdef) and Health Points (HP) are going to be your biggest weaknesses. And yes, us mages are typically "squishy" but we make up for in in sheer AoE power. Mages tend to take out knights, at least early on.... archers take us out and knights take out archers. I think you are doing ok. Just try and make your 40 set or 50 set for the rage. I suggest making the 50 set and making it legend, then you can skip the 60 set and make the 70 set.

Comment

I play my mage by covering my weak points as best I can. I got lucky early on and got a Holy Fortitude before even hitting lv 30. I focused on hp and pdef a lot, as those are the weaker points of a mage. since the majority of my server was knights and archers, it made a lot of sense to me. and now i tank the nirvana nightmare!
                      Name: Phoenixia
                      Server: R2 S-319
                      Class: Mage
                      BR: 911k
                      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

the reason why mages are considered squishy is because they have a -20% hp compared to the other 2 classes, archers can be considered like that too though since they have no defence boost Focus on your attack(for extra damage and heal with resto) and defense for now so you wont receive to much damage, and heal back with resto for over 50% hp aka a few extra turns in battle while they have to hurt you again. Lets see who is squishy then . I suggest the will destroyer astral as a 4th, never tried aegis instead of one of the defences but it seems to be a good suggestion

Comment

I was thinking to use the Aegis Major around level 40

As for my refined enshieldment and refined charm as well as guardian angel I dunno if I should maybe switch those out T.T

And yes I may be just another poster but I'm a bit new to it and learning bit by bit from Moderators also Wartunes was not the first game as
                          Esemeweatherwax has already explained.... I don't know why u re-copied my information but you aren't rlly achieving anything out of this
                          I suggest it best you be aware of what you're saying or trying to state. People already know I post whenever need be necessary and that I'm a
                          poster (no not the kind of poster that hangs up on your door that says "don't come in my room" u know what I mean)

I'm not interested in arguments usually whenever that props up I simply go back to playing the game and if I need help I can ask others in-game
                          and thanks everyone if u still have more advice please share it I'm sure it will not only help me but others too as well at least now that I know
                          people aren't trying to be mean when adding in squishy kinda wishing there would be a more appropriate name for it or to replace it but I guess
                          that's the only way to describe a mage then again people have said I'm made for mage due to me being too soft due to my feelings n stuff.
                          Last edited by LadyKayla; 07-03-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Aegis Major is the most useless astral in this game. and to make it worse, you can use it with goddess blessing astral. why would you use that?
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

You can use Aegis Major till lvl. 40-45 I guess. Later, it becomes totally useless.
                              Goddess Blessing is a must, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X