Fate and Wishes for Autumn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys,
    I would like to show you a different approach to events, to see if it worth or not.

Let's say Gentle Beast has worth the 3200 balens in previous event. So you got a mount which gave you +80 atk, +100/+80 mdef/pdef, +20 endurance. If we say 1 endurance equals 4 other stats, this +20 mount gives +340 to your stats.
    So you get +1 stat for every 10 balens you spend.

Whenever you spend balens, you should see how much stats you get for your balens, unless you have unlimited money to spend on a game. When you get +1 stat for 50 or 100 or more balens, then you make a mistake.

How to calculate the balen value of items/stats? You have to derive it from something. For example, the balen value of fate scrap: A good luck charm costs 330 balen in mystery shop (and was a discount sale for 290 not long ago). So when you can buy a good luck charm for 15 fate scraps, it means each fate scrap worth 22 balens.

Now let's examine the current promotion. You need 160 wishing scraps for the pet.
    (Let's suppose you can exchange 2 fate scraps for 1 wishing scrap - it was in the previous news, but not in the current one, so it might change).
    You can acquire approx 90 free wishing scraps. You need to buy 70 more.
    One of my friend opened 100 chests, and got 30 fate scraps. So you need about 420 chests (16380 balens).
    From the 420 chests, you will get like 8 clothes (worth 3160 balens), 400 gem packs (thats about 2 lvl 5 gems, which worth 1540 balens (using the 1 stat for 10 balen formulae), and some daru (worth like 120 balens).
    Also the "free" wishing scraps are not so free, since you could have bought luck charms for them. So you spend 3960 free balens here.

All in all, the cost of this 160 scrap mount is
    16380 + 3960 - 3160 - 1540 - 120 = 15520 balens.

So if you buy the Razor dragon, you spend 30 balen / stat, triple cost of any other mount.
    The Yeti is even worse. 20 mount training whip worth 400 balens (glory shop price), so you spend 44 balen / stat, almost five times what you spent on other mounts!
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

• that hurt ^^;
      RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
      Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

• Originally posted by ancev View Post
        Expectation:

Reality:
        the mods should add like button somewhere in here.. xD thank you for the very detailed comparison, sir..
        ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

• mwhahaaahahhhhhhhhhhh r2 did it again , nice ), next month make event just for casher , so the rest of us can quit,

Comment

• Doesn't matter its free or pay only. What's the point doing Fate events if we can't convert it to wish scraps?
            Only ones benefiting are under level 40 on latest 1-month old servers (zero clothings). Seriously R2, you need
            a business head MRI if you're throwing away 300 other servers.
            [morfinnor]
            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

• Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
              Hey guys,
              I would like to show you a different approach to events, to see if it worth or not.

Let's say Gentle Beast has worth the 3200 balens in previous event. So you got a mount which gave you +80 atk, +100/+80 mdef/pdef, +20 endurance. If we say 1 endurance equals 4 other stats, this +20 mount gives +340 to your stats.
              So you get +1 stat for every 10 balens you spend.
              WRONG! +20 to all 4 major stats translates to +80 PATK/MATK, +100 PDEF/MDEF, +400 HP.

Endurance gives +20 HP per point. So let's re-run your numbers. 3200 balens is buying you +1 PATK/MATK per 40 Balens, +1 PDEF/MDEF per 32 Balens, and +1 HP per 8 Balens.

The rest of your math is also shaky. "One of my friends..." = anecdotal evidence. You cannot use 1 person's experience and extrapolate their results to state needing 420 chests. You don't justify the 3960 Balens figure adequately, and you can't just choose to deduct the cost of incidental rewards obtained in pursuit of scraps, as clothes give no stat boost (thus aren't relevant here) and your 1540 Balen figure is based on a flawed 1:10 formula which I discounted above.

You can also acquire more than 90 free wishing scraps, assuming a conversion of 2:1 and factoring in that they have the soul engraving and mount training events added, so that 90 figure is inaccurate.

Ultimately, you need to re-calculate how many "free" wishing scraps are obtainable, assuming you convert all fates at a 2:1 rate and get all possible wishing scraps otherwise. Then, deduct that number from 160. Then you can start forecasting how many destiny packs you would need to buy to get the fate scraps needed to convert, at 2:1, to reach that new number. THEN you can start dividing stats-per-balens at a CORRECT level to reach an accurate "cost" analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                WRONG! +20 to all 4 major stats translates to +80 PATK/MATK, +100 PDEF/MDEF, +400 HP.

Endurance gives +20 HP per point. So let's re-run your numbers. 3200 balens is buying you +1 PATK/MATK per 40 Balens, +1 PDEF/MDEF per 32 Balens, and +1 HP per 8 Balens.
                You right def is 100/100 not 80/100 but otherwise I said the same... I wouldn't separate MATK worth this much balens and pdef worth that much, easier just to calculate with total stats.

Yes, my numbers can't be precise, just based on a small sample. On average, people have to pay 15k balen for the mount, but for some, it will cost 13k, and for some 17k. Also you can argue that cloths are worthless for some, yes this is true, for those this mount is more expensive. For me, one lvl 6 gem gives 308 stats, for someone who have lower or higher gems, or different lvl of soul engraving, this is different.

I just wanted to show a way to people how to make decision about participating in an "event" (which I prefer to call simply "sale"), how to calculate values. And of course in most calculations we don't need precise numbers, a good approximation will do.
                My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

• Did they remove converting 2 fate scraps->1 wishing scraps.
                  I dont see it anymore on the first post.
                  Server: East Coast Server 300+
                  Class: Mage
                  Level: 70+
                  Battle Rating: 90+k
                  Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

• LOL me too... redeem button at hot event still inactive.... is this redeem (wheel of Fate and Rock the Tower King) only 1 per event or 1 per day?
                    Starts from the Heart, Do it with Sincerity, and Enjoy the Fun

Comment

• ^Not sure was wondering the same mb this is why they move it in hot events to avoid double questing from 0:00 till 05:00 ;(.

Comment

• why r2 ppl hate non casher player... some ppl play cause like the game but all events are for those who can pay u should do event for poor ppl like me, vip player still have more benefits than us just a little justice could help us all to enjoy more the game, ty for read this r2

Comment

• Originally posted by Clin7eas7wood View Post
                          ^Not sure was wondering the same mb this is why they move it in hot events to avoid double questing from 0:00 till 05:00 ;(.
                          That's my suspicion, but don't the Hot Events reset on the same schedule as everything else (5:00) except Tree?

Comment

• Originally posted by R216154971 View Post
                            why r2 ppl hate non casher player... some ppl play cause like the game but all events are for those who can pay u should do event for poor ppl like me, vip player still have more benefits than us just a little justice could help us all to enjoy more the game, ty for read this r2
                            im not a casher but i still dont cry at the beginning of every event... they already gave us pig + wild alpaca + clothing from earlier events

Comment

• Originally posted by Carassimira View Post
                              the mods should add like button somewhere in here.. xD thank you for the very detailed comparison, sir..
                              +1 to this LOL

Comment

• I write this to GM and i got machanic answer.. Im just sad to to tell you that Hot Event and the quest Control your fate its very very unfair Im lvl 47 and i can't participate. I have 34 k BR and i can kill most of 55 lvl players. Its not fair all people over 55 lvl to get 1 fate scrap every day and the other dont . my suggestion is that all players to have a chance. Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                                X