Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Enhanced Deflection Astral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced Deflection Astral

Some years ago, when I played wartune here on another server, I used the deflection astral. I noticed that it deflected damage calculated before any resistances (ie: goddess blessing astral, talent & resistance crystals).

Today, in wt reborn, I equipped the Enhanced Deflection Astral. To my surprise it deflected 10% of the damage I received after resistances. Meaning it did exactly 10% of damage being dealt to me. When I blocked it deflected LESS damage, against the wild mobs I was testing it on, than when I did not block. When before this was not the case. I, then, crawled the web and found many forums and fansites that state that it calculates before res... but today that does not seem to be the case.

I suppose my questions are;

When did this change(it was not like this in old wartune, I'm unsure of the current main wartune game)?

Is it a bug or is it intended to function this way(and was a bug for like 5+ years)?

Has anyone else experienced this(or did I somehow mess up in my math)?

Any other input?

Basically, if this is the intended function of this astral, I suppose I'll just have use another astral... No big deal... just frustrating.

-Thank you for your time
    Cave

Oh! And... does anyone know; If I used this astral and Illusion and both kicked at the same time... would I deflect 1 damage?

Comment

Originally posted by CaveNocte View Post
      Oh! And... does anyone know; If I used this astral and Illusion and both kicked at the same time... would I deflect 1 damage?
      Hello CaveNocte,

As for this question, no, you won't deflect 1 damage.

About the first questions, i don't think anyone know exactly how things works on wartune, most of what people have are clues but nothing is 100% sure. Example, how crit works, whats the formula?

What i can tell you from my experience is what things against mob and against players works differently, pretty sure the formulas are very diferent. The deflection astral works great against pvp, it does the damage deflected calculation before any of the players defense get active (astrals, resistance, etc). Now against mobs, i am not really sure how it works, haven't tested it enough to know

Comment

It does deal damage before their resistance. That has not seemed to change. It's just the amount of damage it does used to be based off of the damage they (your opponent) would have inflicted on you BEFORE your resistance is taken into account.

So if you deflected 100% and they did 5k damage before resistances, they would receive 5k damage. But after resistances & block, you may only receive an actual damage of 3k. This is how it functioned when I tested before. This is also how most sites and forums stated they worked when others tested it as well. Of course this is all old posts and pages; most circa 2013-2014. Currently this is not how it works. Making it much less effective than it used to be.

A little off topic, but would anyone know if Guardian Angel still reduces the chance of receiving a critical heal from a party member? Because when I tested that years ago, it did. (thus making it pretty bad in pve with a crit mage as healer)

Thanks,
        Cave

Comment

Originally posted by CaveNocte View Post
          It does deal damage before their resistance. That has not seemed to change. It's just the amount of damage it does used to be based off of the damage they (your opponent) would have inflicted on you BEFORE your resistance is taken into account.

So if you deflected 100% and they did 5k damage before resistances, they would receive 5k damage. But after resistances & block, you may only receive an actual damage of 3k. This is how it functioned when I tested before. This is also how most sites and forums stated they worked when others tested it as well. Of course this is all old posts and pages; most circa 2013-2014. Currently this is not how it works. Making it much less effective than it used to be.

A little off topic, but would anyone know if Guardian Angel still reduces the chance of receiving a critical heal from a party member? Because when I tested that years ago, it did. (thus making it pretty bad in pve with a crit mage as healer)

Thanks,
          Cave
          About Guardian Angel reducing the crit heal from mage: as far as i know, the guardian angel is to prevent crit from enemy and not from own teammate. I have done crit heals on blessing light on 2 of party members and the other didnt, maybe because the crit heal didnt worked on him (its like doing crit damage on 2 and not on one), but i never seen it getting reduced because of your own teammate using guardian angel aswell.

Comment

Working...
          X