Gem Issue Follow-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kostaspap98 View Post
    Not true. I got a reply to my ticket on saturday.
    not sure which way the time zones go,but might be fri still in china?

Comment

• ban together for a class action lawsuit and see how fast they reverse this ....storm
      Last edited by MemoryLane; 12-19-2015, 10:33 PM. Reason: language
      Game name - Percival
      S98
      Knight
      Guild - Highlander
      BR - 3 mill +

Comment

• if r2 would check the new patches in the first place some of the promblems could have been fixed befor they just roll it out to the ervers

Comment

• Originally posted by kostaspap98 View Post
          Not true. I got a reply to my ticket on saturday.
          R2Games staff work every day of the week, but are on 'skeleton staff' during the weekends. The devs however do not work in the weekends, so what was said is correct; we are waiting for Monday for updates on the matter.
          Retired Moderator.

Comment

• With a mess of this magnitude, why on earth are the developers not getting all their staff in to work over the weekend to sort their mess out? Next thing you know its a public holidays and they all hop off again with the mess still not cleaned up.

It seems like they go from one act of gross mismanagement to another.

But thank you to R2 for a reply to my ticket. That was a little reassuring
            Last edited by Gremlinz; 12-20-2015, 03:03 AM.
            Gremlin
            Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

• if r2 tested patch properly in first place instead of rushing it out to make fast buck this thing wouldnt of happened

test servers need to test properly r2 then must fix the bugs clitches before making it live to all servers

if r2 gave incentive to test servers for finding and reporting these bugs then we all be happy that is game would be 100% bug free

as r2 ave no knowledge base on how to test patches

why not ave a beta test server only for patches and test vigoursley untill fixed before giving to all

then u make money we then be happy as no bugs lag glitches etc

EVERYONE IS HAPPY THEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                if r2 tested patch properly in first place instead of rushing it out to make fast buck this thing wouldnt of happened

test servers need to test properly r2 then must fix the bugs clitches before making it live to all servers

if r2 gave incentive to test servers for finding and reporting these bugs then we all be happy that is game would be 100% bug free

as r2 ave no knowledge base on how to test patches

why not ave a beta test server only for patches and test vigoursley untill fixed before giving to all

then u make money we then be happy as no bugs lag glitches etc

EVERYONE IS HAPPY THEN
                Do you really think they dont have testers and test servers? You really have absolutely no idea how this industry works dont you? You only know they take your money and do nothing. Well you are wrong. There is no game or product that is 100% bug-free. Even games like Assassins Creed that went out for PS had tons of bugs in it, and I know for certain that UbiSoft have larger tester team than dev team. But let me tell you this, the testers are not gamers with 10+ years of experience. Neighter are the devs themselves. Thats why the products are released for the public, tested, have the found bugs fixed and move on to the next patch.

The fact that the test servers didnt find that glitch was sad, but I didnt see many people had the need to open that inventory. The other thing is why the person who found it didnt kept it a secret, get in contact with the devs immediately and get this thing fixed before it did all the damage? Because people are stupid. They see an opening, think its ok to abuse something that is most likely error in code and say "devs put it there for a reason, lets abuse it, its fine". Well, its not. Its not the devs fault that the code is doing random things at times. But you have no idea how this works again since you are not a programmer or a games dev. So I like the branding "HACKER" or "CHEATER" to whoever have items removed or banned. Instead of reporting this issue right away before all this cupcake happened and not get near the gems or things that got bugged, you decided to exploit it, even for a bit, and cry cause you lost everything due to your own greediness.

I SALUTE R2 AND WOULD BUY A DRINK TO THE MANAGER WHO ORDERED THE MASS BANS!
                <Wartune>

Name: NightFer
                Server: S183
                Class: Mage
                Level: 80
                BR: 3mil+
                Guild: Fallen

Comment

• you are mising a point here,its not problem that cheaters are banned,problem is that people who DIDNT use cheat are banned.in my case,i bought new inventory,coz its better to have 5 pages for 2.5k balens then 1 row for 1k balens.and now that fact makes me a cheater? i didnt even knew for that bug,didnt use it at all but i miss 14 gems.
                  dont try to justify big mess from devs.in this case its their own fault.they ban random people without checking it first

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFer View Post
                    So I like the branding "HACKER" or "CHEATER" to whoever have items removed or banned. Instead of reporting this issue right away before all this cupcake happened and not get near the gems or things that got bugged, you decided to exploit it, even for a bit, and cry cause you lost everything due to your own greediness.

You think that you are still not going to be banned and have gems etc. removed - this means you are either a r2 employee or are very stupid.
                    95% of people who got banned and had items removed did not have the treasure inventory.
                    Therefore this has nothing to do with a "bug", "cheating" or "hacking".
                    It is a witch hunt to get rid of people that they do not want playing anymore.
                    Non-cashers, low cashers and possibly medium cashers. They are not making money from them - so want them out.

I did not have the treasure inventory - yet they still took my gems.
                    So they know I did not use the bug - but this makes no difference to them.
                    As a long term non-casher (started playing March 2013) they obviously want me out as I never recharge.

Your view that its good for people to be labelled "Hackers" or "cheats" shows you have no idea what has gone on.

Comment

• Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
                      95% of people who got banned and had items removed did not have the treasure inventory.
                      I am calling asspull on that figure. Proof please.

Comment

Do you really think they dont have testers and test servers? You really have absolutely no idea how this industry works dont you? You only know they take your money and do nothing. Well you are wrong. There is no game or product that is 100% bug-free. Even games like Assassins Creed that went out for PS had tons of bugs in it, and I know for certain that UbiSoft have larger tester team than dev team. But let me tell you this, the testers are not gamers with 10+ years of experience. Neighter are the devs themselves. Thats why the products are released for the public, tested, have the found bugs fixed and move on to the next patch.

The fact that the test servers didnt find that glitch was sad, but I didnt see many people had the need to open that inventory. The other thing is why the person who found it didnt kept it a secret, get in contact with the devs immediately and get this thing fixed before it did all the damage? Because people are stupid. They see an opening, think its ok to abuse something that is most likely error in code and say "devs put it there for a reason, lets abuse it, its fine". Well, its not. Its not the devs fault that the code is doing random things at times. But you have no idea how this works again since you are not a programmer or a games dev. So I like the branding "HACKER" or "CHEATER" to whoever have items removed or banned. Instead of reporting this issue right away before all this cupcake happened and not get near the gems or things that got bugged, you decided to exploit it, even for a bit, and cry cause you lost everything due to your own greediness.

If they had testers and real test servers, the bugs would be fixed before the patch is released to all servers. With wartune, they release it to test servers but not one bug, good or bad, is fixed when it is released to all servers.

I agree with that every game will have bugs but it is how they handle and fix the bugs is the problem. Wartune is not doing its job when it comes to fixing the bugs, well except for the bugs that help us, those get fixed as soon as they find out while the bugs that hurt us go on for months on end.

I have been saying this for months and this just says it even further. Wartune wants you to quit playing. They can not expect to keep players with how they treat the players. They are treating the players like **** and many have left because of it.

Comment

• The problem is lots of people play on the test servers and on other servers aswell (have multiple accounts or w/e I dont care its not my problem they are breaking the rules). If they find a serious bug that benefits the players on the test server, they keep quiet about it (because the community in the test servers is not very big) and tell all their friends so they know once the patch is out in the open. When the patch hits live servers, everyone start to exploit it and suddenly it comes out of the dark and everyone blames the test servers or the game testers that they didnt find it in time. Its not the devs job to test their products. Programs behave differently in different conditions and that is why players are usually the testers. The tester unit in a game company finds major bugs,not working as intended things and other kind of glitches that are, lets say easy to find. They cant recreate your exact setup and methods of play so they can find out minor bugs,glitches and exploits like these. If the management decides to ban thousands of players, they need to have damn good reason to do it, dont blame it on the bots or programs that do it. Because you know, no company wants negative values in their monthly income papers.

I play fare and square and if I find a bug of any kind, I report it right away with solid proofs that I didnt exploit it. Ban me? For what? I have all the pages open in my invintory even the extra 2 that are worth 400bb a month, my average gaming time per day is under 2 hours since I preffer to spend my time playing more serious games than this one. All I do is the daily events when I have the items for them (sometimes I even skip events cause I dont see them profitable enough), catacomb runs and thats pretty much all. Ive never cashed ingame and never will cause I preffer to play for free. They can find millions of reasons to ban me, but I can find million and 1 reasons how wrong they are because I know how things work
                          <Wartune>

Name: NightFer
                          Server: S183
                          Class: Mage
                          Level: 80
                          BR: 3mil+
                          Guild: Fallen

Comment

The problem is lots of people play on the test servers and on other servers aswell (have multiple accounts or w/e I dont care its not my problem they are breaking the rules). If they find a serious bug that benefits the players on the test server, they keep quiet about it (because the community in the test servers is not very big) and tell all their friends so they know once the patch is out in the open. When the patch hits live servers, everyone start to exploit it and suddenly it comes out of the dark and everyone blames the test servers or the game testers that they didnt find it in time. Its not the devs job to test their products. Programs behave differently in different conditions and that is why players are usually the testers. The tester unit in a game company finds major bugs,not working as intended things and other kind of glitches that are, lets say easy to find. They cant recreate your exact setup and methods of play so they can find out minor bugs,glitches and exploits like these. If the management decides to ban thousands of players, they need to have damn good reason to do it, dont blame it on the bots or programs that do it. Because you know, no company wants negative values in their monthly income papers.

I play fare and square and if I find a bug of any kind, I report it right away with solid proofs that I didnt exploit it. Ban me? For what? I have all the pages open in my invintory even the extra 2 that are worth 400bb a month, my average gaming time per day is under 2 hours since I preffer to spend my time playing more serious games than this one. All I do is the daily events when I have the items for them (sometimes I even skip events cause I dont see them profitable enough), catacomb runs and thats pretty much all. Ive never cashed ingame and never will cause I preffer to play for free. They can find millions of reasons to ban me, but I can find million and 1 reasons how wrong they are because I know how things work
                            That is why it is ludicruous to allow test players normal toons in normal servers. It is not in their best interests to report bugs. Any company that allows that should have their HR department fired.

Comment

The problem is lots of people play on the test servers and on other servers aswell (have multiple accounts or w/e I dont care its not my problem they are breaking the rules). If they find a serious bug that benefits the players on the test server, they keep quiet about it (because the community in the test servers is not very big) and tell all their friends so they know once the patch is out in the open. When the patch hits live servers, everyone start to exploit it and suddenly it comes out of the dark and everyone blames the test servers or the game testers that they didnt find it in time. Its not the devs job to test their products. Programs behave differently in different conditions and that is why players are usually the testers. The tester unit in a game company finds major bugs,not working as intended things and other kind of glitches that are, lets say easy to find. They cant recreate your exact setup and methods of play so they can find out minor bugs,glitches and exploits like these. If the management decides to ban thousands of players, they need to have damn good reason to do it, dont blame it on the bots or programs that do it. Because you know, no company wants negative values in their monthly income papers.
                              Then explain to me why that we are still dealing with so many bugs on a daily basis? The same bugs are probably reported multiple times everyday and they are doing nothing to fix them. Alot of these bugs, I would say majority of the players are having to deal with them. So don't say they can't find these bugs and have to rely on us to find them.

I can name several bugs right now that have been going on for a long time and still nothing done about them. But as soon as they hear one word about a bug like the treasure inventory bug, we have emergency maintenance to fix it. Where is the emergency maintenance to fix the rest of the bugs?

Comment

• no the better question is where is the emergency maintenance to return the items that were wrongly taken from my account and everyone else whos items were wrongly taken?

I would really like to hear from stormaggedeon on what is going on, other than sorry it wasnt us cupcakes.
                                An update would be good, a plan of attack (other than taking more items from our inventory) would be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X