Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R22741886
    replied
    Lag again in Belas Chasm. Been in ladder lvl 6 for 20 minutes now.
    Last edited by R22741886; 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• R22642720
    replied
    GM its STILL LAG...

Leave a comment:

• nerospooky
    replied
    why im still lagg ????

Leave a comment:

• Elnea
    replied
    Originally posted by LunaLoveHeart View Post
    I didn't notice it had ended already lol
    Lol I wish LunaLoveHeart

Leave a comment:

• LunaLoveHeart
    replied
    I didn't notice it had ended already lol

Leave a comment:

• Elnea
    replied
    Oh no maintenance is driving me crazy!!!

Leave a comment:

• mythbot
    replied
    Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
    And we're up. So everyone is aware, we've added 3 more hamsters to each sever, increasing the hamster to player output. We've also reversed the polarity of the neutron flow of the flux capacitors, so...that's something.

Poison, I seriously doubt if such a thing was done, but I'll look into and see if such a thing can be setup for future emergencies that occur.
    Yay more hamsters lol. Thanks for responding to the problems in such a timely manner. Great job Storm!

Leave a comment:

• -Jezza-
    replied
    Originally posted by Caia_R21125326 View Post
    (¯`v´¯) Heya♡ Hun♥
    `*.¸.*´ ?
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)?
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.♡ ♥
    Hey hun

Leave a comment:

• Caia_R21125326
    replied
    Originally posted by -Jezza- View Post
    Ahh my darling wifey is on the fourms
    (¯`v´¯) Heya♡ Hun♥
    `*.¸.*´ ?
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)?
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.♡ ♥

Leave a comment:

• -Jezza-
    replied
    Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
    And we're up. So everyone is aware, we've added 3 more hamsters to each sever, increasing the hamster to player output. We've also reversed the polarity of the neutron flow of the flux capacitors, so...that's something.

Poison, I seriously doubt if such a thing was done, but I'll look into and see if such a thing can be setup for future emergencies that occur.
    Nice work Storm, Always pleased with your work.

Hope the polarity holds the lag off for a while ^_^

Leave a comment:

• JadedOblivion
    replied
    Originally posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post
    This is probably going to go un-noticed by the R2 team, but from what I've been learning from my game programming classes that pertains specifically to the case of lag in online games is an abundance of useless code. To which I have noticed that your game has an abundance. So if you want to reduce lag, reduce the code.

1) The restriction of entering dungeons and events like Training where you are ABLE to mount, but can't enter while mounted. Not only is this annoying but it's useless code and adds to lag.

2) Preventative restrictions on names, guild names, and custom guild titles and ranks. By this I mean restricting punctuation and spaces. The problem here is that the preventative measures require more coding and system allocations than what they are preventing.
    I'm in advanced game development and programming courses, and while you're correct about the mount being unneeded coding the restriction of characters in names is because it breaks the normal string of the name forcing more requirements from the system. Also if you've been studying things that break a string and require multiple parsings and concatenations cause issues when said strings are sent to other functions and routines so what they've done is effectively avoided the issue. It takes less resources and less code to just tell the game what characters are not acceptable than to suggest which are. Special characters have special ascii values which would have had to been coded in. Finally, many of the things you learn in your programming classes in the beginning can be navigated around such as avoiding too much multitasking and passing of variables because of security reasons. Later when you learn about threading libraries most things like that go out the window especially in games. These methods require even more code and passing which causes the need for security checks in the code.

Leave a comment:

• BrotherVT
    replied
    Originally posted by kinibini4 View Post
    How many hours is this maintenace?
    It states in the last sentence that it is expected to last at least one hour.

Leave a comment:

• Stormaggedon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kinibini4
    replied
    How many hours is this maintenace?

Leave a comment:

• xDemise
    replied
    Servers are up, Yay! Thanks R2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X