How big of a rip off is this game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triadicrain View Post
    Of course cause riot would be so willing to let other people steal their stuff right? Riot would most likely not give them a licensing agreement to take their property and use it as their own.
    Most games use the same concept and sometimes even the same looks as other games.
    I don't see how this has become such a big issue for you.

Like, okay, it's a Cloth Armor from League of Legends. Whatever. Most players have already stated that it doesn't bother them - just bothers only YOU.
    Whether or not they got permission is actually none of our business - nor is yours - as this is between the two companies.
    Riot's League of Legends is similar to DotA - so does that make it copyrighted without permission?
    They used the same type of mapping - very similar types of weaponry and armory - usage of potions and such.
    As stated - the game Defense of the Ancients (as being DotA) was originally developed by Eul in Reign of Chaos.

Two of the developers partnered up with League of Legends in order to complete their game.
    However, do you know if they got permission from Eul to use the same map concept?
    Copy Infringement does apply here if you're going to argue it's not. Eul was the creator of the map.

As for Maplestory, oh damn - they used a useless piece of equipment from the game to use as a useless quest item in this game. Oh well.
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

also game devs. team up literally all the time to help each other out. chances are if theyre co-oping theyd give some sort of permission for certain things :P its called, teamwork
      Anima Archangeli Dictus

For some pointers on Guild management/ participation, see my guide

Comment

According to this all MMOs should prolly pay copyright to Blizzard. Faulty logic is faulty. I refuse to play a C9 shaman unless they pay that, ofc they stole the shamans from WoW !!

Comment

many mmorpgs out there steal ideas from each other. luna online had ideas and images that there used in other games too. its not like this is the first game to do so. another game i used to play had its images and emotes stolen from others. funny thing is..these games all came from either chinese or korean originals. btw...blizzard steals ideas from others too o.o so whoever argues riot games and blizzard doesn't steal things...99% of the gaming industry has no original material. /end story.

-edit-

not even original franchise games like mario or pokemon are original ideas...they recycle old concepts and just add onto them...and the developement team is never the same for each game. if you can have plagiarism on your own work from using ideas from your old works...recycling your own ideas in a new game also makes it huge rip. so i guess that means the entire gaming industry should just be burned to the ground then for the OP's happiness >.>
          Last edited by Sidoh; 06-29-2012, 12:17 AM.
          Crystal Saga:
          Server: Aquatic Crypts
          Name: (S15)Sidoh
          Class: Knight
          Plane: Eidolon
          Level: 100

Lunaria:
          Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
          Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
          Class: Swordman/Elementalist
          Level: 5x/6x

Comment

or no money for original material :/
            Anima Archangeli Dictus

For some pointers on Guild management/ participation, see my guide

Comment

Pong. Eh, board games anyone?
              There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
              IGN: Codawg
              Server: Celestial Haven
              Guild: BrimStone
              Class: Beastmaster
              Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
              Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
              Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

I personally dont care if they use same pics as other games really only thing i hate is that some random items has the same pics as like other items for exemple SoT has the same pic of a random beast dropping item or a plant one dont really remember exactly but still not big of a deal
                IGN: (S37)Mcpurple
                Class: Tanker
                Level: 50s scion
                Server: Cheurna gorge
                Guild: Dragonborn

Comment

Lol I did not even know those images were copied. Never played any of those games. :c

Comment

Learn this acronym: PAC= Public Access Code. This game has it, you can do the research on it if you have so much time. In order to be copyright infringement, there has to be a copyright purchased and in place; which is not the case here.

Comment

I want to say that If it was copy-righted.. Then I'm pretty sure after all this time they would have been sue'd, by WOW, LoL, and Maplestory.. It is a quite large game and I'm sure the other gaming developers have kept up with their competition if it was copy-right infringement. r2 would have been sue'd long before this..

Comment

Working...
                      X