This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
    I know but it's still quite disrespective to speak in World Chat in your own language instead of English >.>
    What if they dunno english it wouldn't be direspective since they wouldn't know what any of you were saying XD and yeah they wouldn't know it so it wouldn't be much of their fault sorta've,well maybe just a little ._.
    (S6)Wisteria889
    Class: Mage
    Server:Windshear Peaks
    Level:70+
    Plane:Eidolon
    Honor:Viceroy
    Guild: (S6)SteinsGate
    Proud player since 2011
    ♥~Thank you for everything~♥

Comment

Originally posted by wisteria589 View Post
      What if they dunno english it wouldn't be direspective since they wouldn't know what any of you were saying XD and yeah they wouldn't know it so it wouldn't be much of their fault sorta've,well maybe just a little ._.
      Usually most of them knows how to talk in english quite well.. And there are whisper messages & partychat for a reason x_x
      Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

You cant mind your own business because you pay attention to things that doesn't concern you, BTW it happens that there is an IGNORE option in case you don't know. And if the ignore option don't work, and you see majority of people using FILIPINO in chat, you must be in a PINOY dominated server, i suggest you switch server if your problem still persist

Comment

Originally posted by ValariusXT View Post
          You cant mind your own business because you pay attention to things that doesn't concern you, BTW it happens that there is an IGNORE option in case you don't know. And if the ignore option don't work, and you see majority of people using FILIPINO in chat, you must be in a PINOY dominated server, i suggest you switch server if your problem still persist
          I can, however it's hard to talk english with someones there when theres all time someone spamming tagalog like I said.. I don't wanna put half of the server on ignore list, then I'd miss lot of buying/selling offers as well. Well majority there probably are pinoys, and going to new server isn't an option.
          Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

I can, however it's hard to talk english with someones there when theres all time someone spamming tagalog like I said.. I don't wanna put half of the server on ignore list, then I'd miss lot of buying/selling offers as well. Well majority there probably are pinoys, and going to new server isn't an option.
            THEN LIVE WITH IT!

Comment

Originally posted by ValariusXT View Post
              THEN LIVE WITH IT!
              Trying to.
              Stalkers OP.

Comment

I know but it's still quite disrespective to speak in World Chat in your own language instead of English >.>
                Can I just say that It did say World Chat right not Great Britain Chat ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ya-ha View Post
                  can i just say that it did say world chat right not great britain chat ok.
                  super like! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by YA-HA View Post
                    Can I just say that It did say World Chat right not Great Britain Chat ok.
                    Yes you can, how about can I just say that English is the world's 2nd. most speaked language and most well known language, with only Chinese being above it because of China's population. And fyi English is being the most used language around the World ok.
                    Last edited by venomeh; 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM.
                    Stalkers OP.

Comment

I just want to pop in and say something to the people who are saying that some people don't speak English.

*edit* Most of these flippin Filipinos have English spelled names and speak English occasionally. Futhermore IF they don't speak ANY English then *** are they doing playing an ENGLISH TRANSLATED GAME on AMERICAN SERVERS?
                      Last edited by MemoryLane; 09-03-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: language

Comment

It's not all Tagalog in world chat. I see a bit of spanish and french at times too :P

The only purely english part of the game is when sending in a ticket- staff only provides support in English.

The forums, chat, etc, are all multilingual. Does that mean some people won't understand some of what's posted? Yes it does, but it's not against the rules and it's not likely it will change at this point. It is suggested that if you need help or have a question then using English is recommended just because you're more likely to get an answer when everyone can read it.

I don't see why people are suggesting putting people on ignore for not speaking english in chat. If they are speaking a different language, then they aren't speaking to you and you don't really need to know what they are saying, regardless if it's world chat or not.

Please keep in mind that it is not okay to flame the people who don't speak english in chat or on the forums, and further flaming will result in this thread being closed.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

..ignore..
                          Last edited by venomeh; 09-03-2012, 02:49 AM.
                          Stalkers OP.

Comment

Originally posted by wisteria589 View Post
                            Just let people speak how they want to speak.Some people dunno english lol
                            an actual reply of one of the tagalog speakers on our servers wasn't that english was hard, but because it's easier to talk in tagalog for them.

It has nothing to do with capability of the language or not, it's simply disrespecting others by talking in your native language on an english based game because of sheer laziness.

*edit* On top of that they believe to OWN the chat and if you happen to know a few tagalog words and they didn't know you did, they get mad >.>
                            Crystal Saga:
                            IGN: speeds
                            Server: Windshear Peaks
                            Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                            Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                            Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                            IGN: Speeds16
                            Server: Temple of Ibalize
                            Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

This is going nothing, this thread will just result to more arguments, I mean the rules are not broken by using "FILIPINO", not tagalog as you know it, or any other language in WC as long as it is not used to insult somebody. I suggest this thread to be closed please..

Comment

hmm ehh maybe some people just like to get on other peoples nerves by talking in a different language cuz it might be funny if i knew another language i would start talking like tht and my friends would be all ???? XD
                                (S6)Wisteria889
                                Class: Mage
                                Server:Windshear Peaks
                                Level:70+
                                Plane:Eidolon
                                Honor:Viceroy
                                Guild: (S6)SteinsGate
                                Proud player since 2011
                                ♥~Thank you for everything~♥

Comment

Working...
                                X