This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wisteria589 View Post
    hmm ehh maybe some people just like to get on other peoples nerves by talking in a different language cuz it might be funny if i knew another language i would start talking like tht and my friends would be all ???? XD
    It's easy, just use google translate and change your sentence into some other language, Greek for example? I don't know, I said Greek because it looks cool to me xD

But then you will be talking to yourself =O

Comment

Originally posted by R21892248 View Post
      It's easy, just use google translate and change your sentence into some other language, Greek for example? I don't know, I said Greek because it looks cool to me xD

But then you will be talking to yourself =O
      Heh heh XD yeah
      (S6)Wisteria889
      Class: Mage
      Server:Windshear Peaks
      Level:70+
      Plane:Eidolon
      Honor:Viceroy
      Guild: (S6)SteinsGate
      Proud player since 2011
      ♥~Thank you for everything~♥

Comment

My personal opinion is that this is a US based server and there are different languages spoken in the US, but English is still our language. It is highly irritating when you have to scroll through all of the WC discussion to find something in English. But I have found, just start a conversation with a bunch of people in WC in English, and usually everyone follows suit. If there is a convo going on in English that someone wants to join then they are going to do so in English.

I think that everyone is a person, and where English IS the most widely spoken language in the world (its not second to chinese as most chinese children are required to learn English in school and they can usually speak it better than we can LoL) and in the US we are all about acceptance. If people want to speak in a different langauge then who cares. Let them!
        Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
        Character: Jessie
        Class: Priest
        Level: 106+
        Plane Eidolon
        Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

Originally posted by JessieAileen View Post
          and in the US we are all about acceptance.
          Hah. sorry had a little chuckle there. The USA has a wide variety of people, sure some of them are about that.

However again, all tagalog/filipino/indo talkers are capable of english, they simply refuse to do so however. It's lack of common sense for logics and courtesy for people around you, further than the width if your arms go. Shortsighted of you will.
          Last edited by speeds16; 09-03-2012, 05:47 PM. Reason: kind of a lot of typo's
          Crystal Saga:
          IGN: speeds
          Server: Windshear Peaks
          Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
          Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
          Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
          IGN: Speeds16
          Server: Temple of Ibalize
          Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Only time I dislike when people talk in other languages, is when they talk about me. It shows the cowardly in the person.
            Lil by lil my signature will become better.

Ign: Sai
            Level: 130
            Class: Rogue
            Plane: Eidolon
            Honor: Emperor
            Server: (S31)TreeOfLife
            Guild: Rebels
            Pet: DemonKing

Comment

Originally posted by JessieAileen View Post

I think that everyone is a person, and where English IS the most widely spoken language in the world (its not second to chinese as most chinese children are required to learn English in school and they can usually speak it better than we can LoL) and in the US we are all about acceptance. If people want to speak in a different langauge then who cares. Let them!
              yeah surely most widely spoken language, but not most spoken, (atleast some years ago wasn't) :P
              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Any language is welcome to be spoken in World Chat. This includes Esperanto, Klingon, Elvish, Latin, and Enochian.
                This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
                  It's disrespective when you do it worldchat/guildchat if everyone aren't filippinos because then some can't understand it and the fact that they (tagalog "spammers") knows how to talk in english.. And can't even "mind my own business" since can't talk in english in worldchat cus there will always be someone spamming tagalog there..
                  there's a button called ignore you should try it brah!
                  Crystal Saga-Server: Shine of ariel
                  IGN: (S38)Hotshotgg (Am Hybrid)
                  Lvl: 76
                  Pet:Tekka,SuperDemon,and Baby Angel :P

"You can kill me over and over, but i'll still get up and fight ! "
                  Wartune-Temple of Ibalize
                  IGN: Ace4LifeZ (Knight)
                  LvL: 40

Comment

It is called a World Chat for a reason

Comment

Any language is welcome to be spoken in World Chat. This includes Esperanto, Klingon (What Are We Star Trek??!? ROFLMAO), Elvish, Latin, and Enochian.
                      LMFAO this is the Funniest Comment Ive Ever Heard Of.... Totally HIT THE SPOT LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin911 View Post
                        there's a button called ignore you should try it brah!
                        Been there done that. Ignore list is full, so started a KoS-list. Wouldn't mind an expansion again

Originally posted by YA-HA View Post
                        It is called a World Chat for a reason
                        Yes it is, World of Vidalia.
                        Crystal Saga:
                        IGN: speeds
                        Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                        Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                        Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                        IGN: Speeds16
                        Server: Temple of Ibalize
                        Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Tagalog in wc all the time

OK this is getting ridiculous I've been looking at chat all morning every single Phili has decided to violate the chat rules regarding world chat i don't care about guild chat and whispers but this nothing but Tagalog in world chat and it being continued even when the french and German players say something is getting old I'm sorry but when i get insulted in a lang i don't speak and cant say nothing cuz I'm not sure if its directed at me or someone else its total ** I've seen all of these players speak English just fine yet they carry on a hour long convo in Tagalog and get even more mouthy when we ask them to speak in English sure glad this is the English version
                          Last edited by ShadowAxle; 09-19-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

It's just plain disrespectful and they do it on purpose because they feel entitled to "own" the chat, that's all. English isn't my native language either, FTR.
                            IGN: Sigrun
                            [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Mage
                            [Eidolon]lvl 120 Hybrid Priest alt: Saeunn
                            Proud owner of an [Eidolon]lvl 120 husband, parallel parked outside

Wartune Temple of Ibalize
                            Sigrun
                            Mage lvl 38

Comment

hahahaha (english & indo sometimes)
                              jejejejeje (spanish)
                              nyahahahaha (tagalog)
                              [VIP3]♀ANPAN!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wisteria589 View Post
                                What if they dunno english it wouldn't be direspective since they wouldn't know what any of you were saying XD and yeah they wouldn't know it so it wouldn't be much of their fault sorta've,well maybe just a little ._.
                                If they don't know English, then how are they able to play the game? Everything in the game is written in English.
                                â™”
                                Vampire Prince
                                • Server: Aurora Point
                                • Character: Alexmancerx
                                • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
                                • Level: Eidolon 120
                                • Guild: TheWanted
                                • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Working...
                                X