Possible bug or working as intended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug or working as intended?

I have a question. I was doing Ladder and I had both the Ladder event quests (lvl 20, 40 and 50) as well as the Rebirth daily quest for Ladder level 40. I completed Ladder level 20 and 40. So I turned in the Ladder event quest and now the Rebirth daily quest is no longer showing as completed.

I think what happened is since Slitheronia was only killed once I got credit for 1 kill. So to complete both quests I would need 2 kills.

So my question is, is bug or is it working as intended?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post.

Yes! I have this problem too. I have two same Lvl 40 quest(token and RE), however, after completing the ladder token(Lvl40), the RE quest kinda roll back and when I talked to the npc, it's says Rebirth Expendition (1/1). So I decided to abandon the quest. And when I clicked on the npc again, weird thing that I abandoned it, it prompted me to completed the Lvl 40 siltheronia quest. Got the pack, however, I can't receive another REQ attempt even though the quest was accepted before the reset. Thus losing out on one attempt on the REQ! Please fix and compensate thank you!
    This Is A Computer Generated Post, No Signature Is Required.

Comment

This is in fact a bug because i had the problem today. In which rebirth quest ladder 40 was not completed after i turned in the event level 40 quest for the token. In fact, It was like i never even did ladder but i know it i killed it. It is only giving you one count for the kill. You will have to choose a rebirth pack or 1 Soul Shard.
      Originally posted by Dr.Q
      Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

Comment

It's not really a bug, its just the way the game is set up for kill counters.
        There is an upside to this tho, save the quest for after the week ends and you can just save kill counters for lv 40 ladder boss for rbq
        Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

I don't see why it shouldn't be considered a bug, sith. It is improper coding if two independent quests cannot be finished even though you have fulfilled the task of the quest.

Comment

I have a problem too, I've reached level37. but I did not get a rune (brutality). other than that, just send me 999rose, but chram unchanged. what happened?

if I do not have or can not save a rune, while all the other players who can use it, what's fair?
            please response. I feel annoyed and confused what should I do while my money already entered. impossible for you not much, but for us that in the real world still lack very excruciating.

Comment

Sounds like the issue was answered but basically how it works is this, same as with Day of Vidalia and Daily hunt, or monster killing quest

Quest A requires you to kill 20 Skeletons
              Quest B requires you to kill 10 Skeletons and 10 Zombies
              Quest C requires you to kill 20 Zombies.

Now if I were to go and kill 20 Zombies and 20 Skeletons It would show as completed for all three. I go, turn in Quest A and Quest C, suddenly it will read as I killed 0/10 Skeletons, and 0/10 Zombies for Quest B. Same as if you turn in Quest B, it will read 10/20 Skeletons, and 10/20 Zombies

Pretty much the same applies for level 40 quest

RBQ states to kill Slitheronia 0/1
              Level 40 ladder states to kill Slitheronia 0/1
              So when it comes down to it, you only have 1 Slitheronia kill a day to give to the quest. So you have to choose. Rebirth Quest, or Level 40 ladder, Personally I choose Rebirth.
              IGN: (S59)Daera
              Server: S59 Floran Everglades
              Spouse: (S59)VirgoRose/Real life Girlfriend
              Plane: Scion lvl 90
              Mount: Battle Bear
              Wings: Extreme Angel Lord Wings +1
              Guild: (S57)Elysium

Comment

Originally posted by hadi_reog2 View Post
                I have a problem too, I've reached level37. but I did not get a rune (brutality). other than that, just send me 999rose, but chram unchanged. what happened?

if I do not have or can not save a rune, while all the other players who can use it, what's fair?
                please response. I feel annoyed and confused what should I do while my money already entered. impossible for you not much, but for us that in the real world still lack very excruciating.
                What rune are you talking about of Brutality?

I have reached floor 70 and never heard of this rune, or any rune in general. I am a rogue with skill called Brutality though

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiten4687 View Post
                  Sounds like the issue was answered but basically how it works is this, same as with Day of Vidalia and Daily hunt, or monster killing quest

Quest A requires you to kill 20 Skeletons
                  Quest B requires you to kill 10 Skeletons and 10 Zombies
                  Quest C requires you to kill 20 Zombies.

Now if I were to go and kill 20 Zombies and 20 Skeletons It would show as completed for all three. I go, turn in Quest A and Quest C, suddenly it will read as I killed 0/10 Skeletons, and 0/10 Zombies for Quest B. Same as if you turn in Quest B, it will read 10/20 Skeletons, and 10/20 Zombies

Pretty much the same applies for level 40 quest

RBQ states to kill Slitheronia 0/1
                  Level 40 ladder states to kill Slitheronia 0/1
                  So when it comes down to it, you only have 1 Slitheronia kill a day to give to the quest. So you have to choose. Rebirth Quest, or Level 40 ladder, Personally I choose Rebirth.
                  I completely understand what you are saying. So maybe a better question would be, should or could this be changed? Since Ladder can only be ran once per day there is no way that both quests can be completed in the same day. IMO it seems a little odd to have to choose between an event quest and a daily quest.

I wonder if a forum mod could raise this question to the R2 staff.

Comment

I would feel better if they changed the event from floor 40 to floor 30. This way you can get up to 4 tokens for ladder AND complete your RBQ. Or for lower levels too make the floors

10, 30, 50, and 70.

Comment

i filed a ticket about it and the said theyre testing it (ive already done all the testing you need, plus read forum guys come on) and no response or compensation for it. wth

Comment

HERE is Shadow's explanation of the situation in which is true.
                        The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

BrotherVT, thanks but it is still not how it is supposed to be, that's why the thread was opened in the first place. Giving out an event and taken away another one?! And again, it is completely random if you lose rewards or not, since you cannot influence which rb quest you will get. Really thanks R2!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRaspberry View Post
                            BrotherVT, thanks but it is still not how it is supposed to be, that's why the thread was opened in the first place. Giving out an event and taken away another one?! And again, it is completely random if you lose rewards or not, since you cannot influence which rb quest you will get. Really thanks R2!
                            Yes blame R2 for poorly designing conflicting quest completion requirements.
                            Pick the tokens because you can get an extra ss if that's your priority. SS trumps anything the rb pack can give imo
                            Sith's Priest Guide

Comment

its a load of ** they need to compensate us and not give us quests that will screw up our rbq's without notice. they should step up a bit and not be so god damn stingy.

Comment

Working...
                              X