Crystal Saga, Revamped, Rethought, Improved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Saga, Revamped, Rethought, Improved

Hey everyone, first i would like to start off with simply stating that the following events could be revamped, and a extra touched could be added to simply make everything a tad bit more enjoyable.

1. Guild Resource Battle Ground
    2. Sengolia
    3. Avernal Realms
    4. Dragonspine
    5. Nimbus Crystal
    6. Guild Crop
    7. Finally Land Grab/Guild Showdown

I would also like to talk about a recent idea that popped into my mind: 8.New Guild Vs Guild PVP/E

Lets start

1. Guild Resource Battle Ground
    at the moment guild resource battleground is plainly enter, collect resources (or kill players for resources) and we can all say that after awhile, you just enter, kill and leave due to boredom, as killing only stays fun for soo long.
    I would suggest adding a extra touch to GRB, it is guild vs guild afterall, why not make it a big PVP ground? where killing and collecting resources give you points, which can be used anytime throughout the day for various things such as, PVP pots, guild copper, guild contribution points, and cash shop items such as, Health Orb,Mana Orbs,Afk cards,Rose,Faith Reset Cards, 1x/2x/4x offline exp tokens/2x exp cards/2xpet exp tokens, Guild Medallions etc... just give everyone a free choice in what they want, but the conversion rate must be high...

The conversion rate would have to be quite high, something like 1kill = 1point, and 1 guild medallion costs 1000 points, or a Health orb costs 100 points, 1copper = 10points and same for guild contribution, 1guild contri = 10points. This i know is pretty high, but gets people working for what they want, and increases enjoyment aswell, as you are working for something.
    The points could be recorded on the character tab under movement speed as there is still one empty space there.

2. Sengolia Battle Ground

Sengolia is simply come in, get honour and make a legger thesedays, so i would suggest different sengolia maps, same concept with a added touch.

There are 2 teams like normal, 4towers, and one main crystal, i would suggest a different map for this sengolia, but bosses guarding each tower, and once killed, masses of mobs spawned which each grant 2honour upon being killed.
    On the main crystal, 3 Bosses are guarding (have to be pretty strong to pose a challenge against players, make the teams work as a team to kill the bosses) each boss drops a handful of cash shop items, something like 1 SS, MC,GMUT,EW,PUC,HO,MO. would be suitable (something like the crypt boss)
    It just adds that extra touch to pvp, and makes it more challenging and exciting

3.Avernal Realms

Kill mobs for 30mins and get bored, and you realise that the rewards aint that great either, decent but not great.

Avernal could again be revamped, as right now its the highest DPS wins and thats final, priests heals are not even counted, rangers heals, knights heals, much more should be counted in avernal or rogues will initially take the first spot many times, or mages too for that case.

what prizes or even drops do we get from killing the boss? i have never seen anything, or the mobs...
    I would suggest if not even cash shop items, the mobs in avernal drop gems for the least. And the boss in avernal drop cash shop items (like the one in crypt) or simply 1 HO, something that makes the trouble worthwhile, please your players and they will pay more for the game

4.DragonSpine

Awesome event! i would love to see this but for lv60-100, as we are always in need of gold badges, however i would like to add a few changes that would make this even better to participate in.

The dragon sword is up for taking free of charge (no dragons?) i would have thought a dragon boss protecting the DS would spawn. Turn it into fast-paced Carnage, that makes it exciting always, spawn a few bosses devs! have fun with events like this, add a twist where everyone gets rooted for 5seconds? or a skill like Dragons Wrath, takes off 50% of participants HP (bit over exaggerated but just offering the juice.)
    Another major flaw i see is the player who has the DS, is way too fast for anyone to even think of catching up, reduce movement speed by30% just for holding the Dragon Sword (the power is too great to be handled all at once).

5. Nimbus Crystal

Grab the 8nimbus, go to starglade, do BB and hand it in. quite beneficial but i think more things can be added more on what nimbuses offer.
    At the moment they are only used to upgrade guild and guild torch, they should be used for many more things, such as guild quest reset medallions, Guild leader exchanging nimbus once a day for a guild reward of 1 Health Orb?? or AFK cards? enough to give small helping hands to the guild members, so it is actually worthwhile to be in a guild.
    Also guilds currently are very limited, like there are not many stuff to do for the guild except guild quests/guild resource battleground, a new event needs to be thought of which will come in no.8

6. Guild Crop

Simply plant your crop, protect and hand it in? BORING! and very time consuming, once you reach lv10 guild there is no reason to do guild crops, except for upgrading guild skills
    if the developers could implement a guild point system, one for the whole guild and one for individual players in a guild, this goes hand in hand to what i said about GRB, however the new addition would be the 'guild point' system, which the guild leader can use for exchanging for many ingame items, and cash shop items, (rewards however are distributed to everyone in the guild) the conversion rate again must be extremely high, something like each players points = 1 guild point, and 10,000 guild points = 1 Health Orb. (again just a example, not actual values).
    So if there is a point system, the guild crops could add on to the points, guild reserves and furthermore, even player contribution/points.
    If a point system is not implemented, Then give this event a little twist. Guild versus Guild is always really exciting upon 10minutes of the seeds being fully grown, other guilds can enter and fight for their right for 1 safe plant transportation, per guild (low amount, but still gets people more into guild PVP events)

7. Land Grab/Guild Showdown

Ok there is a real problem with having literally no strategy here, gore power alone can win most of the times. The biggest issue would be the clear gap between cashers and non cashers, however the main problem here is spawn camping, we need guards in land grab, around each areas base, and when a team takes a tower, a couple of guard mobs spawn, this atleast gives the weaker teams a little chance to fight by the sides of guards to stand a chance against the crazy cashers.
    more rewards for winning land grab= 5gold guild wealth

8. New guild vs guild pvp event

we only have sengolia guys! we need more pvp! create a sengolia type guild vs guild pvp, im sure everyone would love it, like same concept as sengolia, except that whole guilds are on 1 team, and they are awarded points per kill, which at the end be converted into guild contribution/progress/copper. At the center would be a crystal like 10x stronger than the one in sengolia, each guild makes its way through the other guilds to try to kill the xtal, every hit upon the xtal awards points (eliminates Kill stealing), and to increase further excitement, once the xtal is down the real fun begins.
    a Area inside the xtal becomes a 'point accelarator' where players inside gain 1point every 5seconds, however, your overall stats are halved once inside. And mobs spawn every 3minutes(imagine one guild in the middle fighting hordes of guilds all around and at the same time mobs spawn that attack everyone around the area
    mobs drop = 1%, and a Cash shop item (random) you know. add some reason to kill them
    all players would be spawned around 3 spawn places (random spawning despite which guild you belong to, as we know there are more than 3guilds lol) and there movement will be restricted for 1minute (sudden carnage once the restrictions gone),
    The event would last 30minutes.

The map would have to be something like Guild Resource (ofcourse not the same ^^)
    Over here guilds can compete and just basically have fun! who doesn't like to fight against other guilds to see how you match up? even if you loose, its really fun. And i think this idea would be a great addition to the cool events already in Crystal Saga.

I hope everyone likes my ideas, feel free to add on to them (please! do not try adding stupid stuff such as (each player gets 10MC) )
    Hoping for FeedBack
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM.

The GRBG suggestion can't work. It's too exploitable. You would just have to get an alt + alt priest inside grbg, then keep killing + ressing for points.
    Also, strong player would even more kill lowbies. It's actually good that GRBG gets boring after some kills.

Don't see the PvP side of that. Sounds exploitable as well and too complex to be ever added.

Please no. On my server, knights, priests, mages and rogues actually compete. (well in the lvl 80+ avernal that is) We don't have many rangers with high dps over time.
    Giving those priests and knights extra dps due to their healing abilities would be overkill lol.
    Besides that, the highest dps already gets the most points and therefor the most / best avernal packs. Giving additional items for boss kills (to whom? the highest dps of course..) would just make that #1 person benefit even more. No need to make the higher dps benefit more than they already do.

That is what rebirth is made for. Get your badges when you are scion or eidolon. Giving negative buffs to the ds holder is overkill (depending on server).

I disagree again, lol. The guild I am in always holds gotor, such extra benefits would favor us too much. Not all guilds can hold gotor.
    And don't forget that guildstone can be turned in for showdown points, don't really need more rewards.

Our guild crops are actually fun. 3 hours waiting for the contribution + guild wealth is a fair deal and there are actually other guilds attempting to steal. It's not boring.
    However, they should add some more rewards for guild contribution.

Strategy is what your guild has to work on. It's not a landgrab issue.
    Mobs won't make any difference against "casher".

Would just favor the strongest guild again.
    And will never be implemented.

Comment

Redemption Bosses on other servers drop Hw & muts.

Comment

I know this is an old topic but it has alot of ideas.

#1. Cant you kill alts over and over? And yea priest with max resurrection would make you get massive points quickly.

#2. Maybe there can be something to make it more of a challenge but it is complex.

#3. Maybe each mob you kill has a chance to drop something small like a Silver pack ( Randomly awards 10-50 silver )And if the boss drops a heath orb i don't see the harm in that.
        #4. Good idea there should be a sengolia for 60-100 and then 120-150, with the movement speed debuff it would be hard for players to win on new servers though.

#5. Disagree.
        #6. Possibly the people watching it get exp or something or some kind of reward to make them want to stay.
        #7. Disagree
        #8, Land grab.
        Originally posted by iTz_SoN
        I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
        I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

Well i liked them but yous have to try and think of a way to even the play against a guild that holds power and another guild that doesnt have as much
          Game: Crystal Saga
          IGN: (S50)Kurosaki
          Level: 57 Scion
          Server: (S50)Crimson Groves
          Spouse: LKJ55
          Guild: (S54)Black☆Star
          Class: Shadow Rogue
          Wings: Angel Lord Wings
          Mount: Battle Bear
          Fragarach: Superior Fragarach Dagger VII +6
          Equipment: Epic Savage Set

Comment

But overall i really liked em
            Game: Crystal Saga
            IGN: (S50)Kurosaki
            Level: 57 Scion
            Server: (S50)Crimson Groves
            Spouse: LKJ55
            Guild: (S54)Black☆Star
            Class: Shadow Rogue
            Wings: Angel Lord Wings
            Mount: Battle Bear
            Fragarach: Superior Fragarach Dagger VII +6
            Equipment: Epic Savage Set

Comment

1. Unless there was a super equal balancer that balanced total stats instead of base stats, that would make GRB much more painful for the low level people. It's not nice having to run away from every single person in there because you're afraid of getting pked. Also, this might also cause people to camp by the portals and kill people the moment they come out.
              2. Before that happens, sengolia would have to be balanced. For one thing, the balancer doesn't seem to change anything. Low level people can't kill high level people, but they get TRAMPLED by high level people. Also, the spirit team fills up faster than the demon team, and almost always wins. Spawnkilling, too. Also, who would get these items? Not the people who are getting killed over and over and over again, who would benefit most from these items.
              3. Sometimes there are plants that give combat flasks, if you consider them prizes. Also, I've been in avernal a few times, other classes besides rogues are real contenders!
              4. Maybe the debuff could negate the bonus of equipping the ds.
              5. Personally, I don't have any experience for this, but health orbs and afk cards can be useful!
              6. I think that the debuff that makes invading guilds unable to attack is unfair. It gives advantage to tanks and rangers who get lucky with the timing of daimon shield.
              7. Only two guilds actually make it to guild showdown, so if there was a huge reward, it'd be benefiting the winning guild (probably the cashers) and make them harder to defeat next time.
              8. This really would favor rogues, and huge guilds. Smaller ones would be crushed.

Comment

#2 The only reasonable suggestion I can come up with here , is to add a 10 minute infinite dodge buff to the towers and crystals (similar to other versions of the game ) so that sengolia lasts a minimum of 10 minutes. As for adding more mobs not likely, players complain enough about lag already , and adding bosses that drop loot will only favor the bigger players. If you are looking for balance then the sengolia balancer buff needs to be tweaked a bit ( having better gear and higher lvl should still provide some advantage ) but In general the teams should be split more evenly and not so random, High lvl / cash players often end up on the same side and dominate , so maybe if they introduce something that could calculate a teams strength in real time and place players accordingly may be the best solution.

Comment

#1,2,3,4,8: LMAO, never gonna happen. Even if they are good ideas I've lost total faith in anything for R2. They implement new Casher things (I'm a hard casher, won't lie) and do nothing about gameplay issues and/or new suggestions for changing old PvP areas. Good luck!

#5, 6, 7: Good idea, but there's a problem. Take my server for instance. My guild is currently running things. We get Gotor and Land Grab every day and weekend for the past few months. There's literally NOONE on the server. I'd guesstimate about 40 players are still active daily. MABE. We slip up and another guild has gotten Gotor about 3 times in the past 3 months. Implementing things like these would only make the guild stronger by far. I mean... 5g guild reserve for winning LG? Sh't... we'd have every lvl of the guild skills maxed to 10 and since we're already lvl 9 there'd be no point in our guild doing any event besides gotor for bath exp! The whole Hard casher thing is understandable but you gotta remember, if a player actually works on their character instead of complaining about other characters being "OP", then maybe theirs would be stronger. I've had fights in-game with characters who rarely/never cashed and I had trouble fighting them off with my "OP" cashed character... BECAUSE they put time and effort into it. Cashing isn't the end all be all of in-game prowess. It just gives you a time advantage, giving you stonger stats before anyone else.

Guild crops being shorter would be nice though. We've pretty much stopped doing them since noone really wants to sit there and watch them for 4 hours and lose out on events and such, even with scheduling different players for different times. But like I said at the beginning, it'll never happen. R2 isn't concerned with making gameplay better, only their next way to increase monetary income.
                  Tasan
                  Server: 64 (Purgatory)
                  Character: Combat Rogue

Comment

Working...
                  X