Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagusRynd View Post
    (update)

skills still not working for my main and night sentinel, after gettin them to 30/30
    Not sure this is the problem with your main, but according to mods, the phoenix ability will NOT work on the last hero standing. Since your main character is usually the last character standing, having phoenix on him isn't terribly useful.

Unfortunately, for mages the other skill isn't particularly useful either. I've only ever seen the -50% angel attack ability be triggered by a special attack. Which (assuming you're sane and have full set bonus and rage emblem) happens 3 rounds before the angel goes. So the debuff has already worn off by the time the angel actually attacks.

As for the night sentinel, really can't say. I believe he shares the same skill as the Demon Huntress, who is the only hero I have that I haven't gotten to 30/30 and seen the skill work on.

Another thing to point out, of the skills I've seen activate, the only one that is obvious is the resurrect one. (instead of the usual death effect, the character changes into the tombstone, then pops up with a heal effect and rez text.) None of the other DS skills I've seen activate have any special fx or text. For the damage reflect, the back row simply takes damage when the guy gets hit. For the front row stun, the guy(s) in the front row simply get the little whirlpool appear over their head. For the angel debuff, the little debuff icon simply appears below the angel.

If you're looking for some obvious flash, you won't see anything.

Also, they do NOT appear to work at all in TA. (I've seen them work every other mode I can think of though.)

Comment

Originally posted by GnatB View Post
      Not sure this is the problem with your main, but according to mods, the phoenix ability will NOT work on the last hero standing. Since your main character is usually the last character standing, having phoenix on him isn't terribly useful.
      someone on this thread or another shared a fight, where respawn worked on the last standing main player.
      League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
      Magus Rynd

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Still broken.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1688120

S80 Not triggering at all. Tried CoM, Eternal Spire, and Zodiac. I also tried switchign revive to angel damage reduction but that didn't trigger either.

http://s80-loa.r2games.com/share.php...0537aec43ce846

http://s80-loa.r2games.com/share.php...0537ae7c8ea9a4

http://s80-loa.r2games.com/share.php...0537aeb7f76581

Name:	Still broken.jpg
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	1688119

After increasing claw's to 30/30 or more it actually triggered, however skills on main still not triggering.
        Last edited by no231987; 05-20-2014, 01:02 AM.
        Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.

Comment

someone on this thread or another shared a fight, where respawn worked on the last standing main player.
          Hmm, the only questionable one I saw was where the last 2 people died at once by angel attack. I assume the one that resed was "handled" first. I've only ever seen my main rez once, and that was when my celestial had rezed earlier after the angel attack and was still alive. Never seen my main rez when the others were already dead.

Comment

yea they both died at the same time, but when the main respawned, it was alone on the battlefield. i dunno how they have designed that skill. if it is like that, it's not good. it's more of a bug, imo, and should be rectified.
            but the issue is, i haven't seen other skills work too
            League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
            Magus Rynd

Comment

and as for yer point as to protective skill of mages is uselss, youre sadly mistaken. if you dont use rage emblem, yer trigger will be one turn before angels, so the skill will still be active when angel attacks. when ruby heroes are there, its actually disadvantageous to use rage emblem, imo
              League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
              Magus Rynd

Comment

and as for yer point as to protective skill of mages is uselss, youre sadly mistaken. if you dont use rage emblem, yer trigger will be one turn before angels, so the skill will still be active when angel attacks. when ruby heroes are there, its actually disadvantageous to use rage emblem, imo
                Yeah I tried not using rage emblem so that I could use it, it isn't worth it. (course, the protection skill IME triggers around 10%, not the listed 25%) Not using rage means you just poke the enemy frontliner giving them rage and letting them use their special on the first turn, whereas vice versa you frequently manage to kill them before they can use it. Additionally, you may not get a 2nd special attack off before the 2nd angel attacks. (which almost always end the fight if it's gotten that far) Special attacks don't give the enemy rage. Regular attacks do.

(edit: I usually only see it trigger once per 10 compares... and that's with it on both my phantom and main... though come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen the phantom trigger it, it's always been my main.)
                Last edited by GnatB; 05-20-2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

its new info fer me, ill have to verify that. cus as far as i know, each player gets 25 rage per turn. with conquest gear, you get 75 rage at the beginning, and therefore you get 100 rage on second turn. fer the same reason you start with 100 rage with rage emblem, although it only gives you 25. why i said it's disadvantageous against RUBY heroes? beacause KB can easily survive your trigger, unless youre a casher. if youre against more stronger KB, it can get hit with your trigger plus angel attack, and will still have tiny bit of HP left. now what happens if youre using rage emblem? your second trigger will be wasted on KB, rather than opponent's main. if youre up against a KB who cant survive that long, then youre already a winner in that fight, regardless of whether you use rage emblem or not
                  Last edited by MagusRynd; 05-20-2014, 03:10 AM.
                  League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
                  Magus Rynd

Comment

sapphirestar
                    server s70
                    none of the skills are working even tho they are open

Name:	dragonsoulnotworking.JPG
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	1688149

Comment

BUMP

mod,

here's a link where mage's respawn works even if it's last man standing.

http://s128-loa.r2games.com/share.ph...0537b5294b0e15

(it's not my battle, found it on a thread)

Pls respond! and do rectify it. i haven't activated my skill in over 100 battles!

IGN Magus Rynd
                      S94 Lonewind Forest
                      League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
                      Magus Rynd

Comment

BUMP

mod,

Pls respond! and do rectify it. i haven't activated my skill in over 100 battles!

IGN Magus Rynd
                        S94 Lonewind Forest
                        yeah that skill should be corrected... it's too OP imo!!! i mean we still don't know if it can proc more than once in a single battle!!!
                        Server : S41 Wyrm's Gorge
                        IGN : 13th
                        Class : Paladin

Comment

Snowae S107, Not a single trigger and i've been watching every battle day in day out and still nothing.

Comment

Server 66 Boreal Woods
                            IGN: Sythrin

I have seen resurrect proc ONCE for main. I have since been told it only has a chance to proc if main is not the last one to die, which happens so rarely as to make the skill useless. Thanks for sharing that bit of information before I wasted time and money on it. It's exactly that kind of "we'll let you pay for it until we reveal it's broken or mislabeled, then we'll compensate EVERYONE" that makes me think twice before opening my wallet again.

I have NEVER seen it proc on my two mage heroes, which die all the time.

I have swapped skills around and have never seen ANY hero skill proc for mage or fighter-class.

Comment

its new info fer me, ill have to verify that. cus as far as i know, each player gets 25 rage per turn. with conquest gear, you get 75 rage at the beginning, and therefore you get 100 rage on second turn. fer the same reason you start with 100 rage with rage emblem, although it only gives you 25. why i said it's disadvantageous against RUBY heroes? beacause KB can easily survive your trigger, unless youre a casher. if youre against more stronger KB, it can get hit with your trigger plus angel attack, and will still have tiny bit of HP left. now what happens if youre using rage emblem? your second trigger will be wasted on KB, rather than opponent's main. if youre up against a KB who cant survive that long, then youre already a winner in that fight, regardless of whether you use rage emblem or not
                              Hmm, only the heavy cashers on my server have a KoB that can survive past my angel attack, and I rarely survive long enough against them FOR my angel to attack. And yeah, You get 25 rage every turn. You *also* get 25 rage every time you're hit with a regular attack. (I suspect there's a per round cap on the latter, but not sure if it's 25 or 50) It's why I tend to argue you want your frontliners as slow as possible. If the other guys poke your frontliners before your frontliners go, they'll do their triggered attacks on their first turn, assuming they have the +25 rage set bonus. So slower guys actually get their trigger attacks off sooner.

Comment

BUMP

mod,

IGN Magus Rynd
                                S94 Lonewind Forest
                                Interesting. Going to go back to phoenix then. Maybe I just gave up too soon.

P.S. How do you actually share a fight? All pressing the share button seems to do is share the fight in chat, and I haven't seen any way to copy that link into a browser as an actual valid link.
                                Last edited by GnatB; 05-20-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X