Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking crop's from farm firends is not thief !!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is annoying. It is part of the game and it isn't like you can take other people's crops either? People get so upset when you plunder them or steal crops but seriously remember that this part of the game. The only thing I think should be outlawed is stealing other people's mines. Just bc there are plenty of mines in the maps that you shouldn't have to take others. that is just pure laziness of you. Anyways though that is another story. Back to the crop stealing. You steal crops and they steal yours. In the end it evens out anyway. So why get mad when you lose some of your gold,daru, xp? It isn't like they are taking 50% or more of it. It's like 10% of your crop which is hardly anything. You get that back stealing from others or farming mobs and your gold mines. The game even tells you you are allowed to steal crops. So deal with it.

Comment

People who call taking a small fraction of the crops you helped to tend "stealing" are just dumb...

I would recommend:
      1) try to explain them that this is just a reward for the help tending their crops, which could have died else...
      2) if they refuse to understand: remove them from your friend list, blacklist them and recommend everyone to do the same, maybe the experience of tending their crops alone will teach them !

One problem though is that the game interface can push some simple minds to think that this small reward for your help is thievery. If you open your "Growth Record" screen, you might notice that the system report these events as such. Maybe a simple change of words could help: "Your friend XXX received YY% of your ZZZ crop as a reward for his/her help.", for instance, instead of "XXX stole ZZZ crop from your farm.".
      Also, I do not know exactly how the reward is calculated, but if it could be made so that the reward is added to the total harvest, not reducing in any way the expected produce, and this could be clearly stated in the official farm documentation, this would likely help as well some to understand the meaning of the system: help each other, it will profit to all!
      Last edited by Celorilm; 09-26-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I just put seeds down and leave and check back on other's crops later in the day. xP At first I thought I was helping, cuz I'm get the grass away, kill the worms and then click the smiley face then use a rake and get rewards. So... -Shrugs- Farming is fine the way it is. No need to make a big deal about it. x3

Comment

funny thing,.. "dont touch my crop, but u can help me exterminate bug n removing grass. remember, dont touch my crop"
          pretty weird... hahaha (delete from my friendlist! )
          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Wait, people are actually being stupid and don't realize that the "harvesting other people's crops" dynamic is in THEIR favor? Okay, check this out.

Lets say my crops are ready, and someone gets to them first. Overall I lose, say, 1,000 of a resource all together. I only pay that once. Well then I look over at my friend list. If you have a large list like me with active farmers, there are usually at least ten people whose farms are ready to be harvested. So I go through it and harvest 10,000 worth of resources from my friends. Now lets break it down to brass tax. With the group arrangement as it is, I am paying 1,000 as a down payment to reap a profit of 9,000 resources. That's just in ONE harvest. Over the day you will have multiple harvests from friend's resources, and if you are active, you will lose only a small amount over 3-4 plantings (four hour crops).

I usually max out when I reap other people's fields and can't harvest anymore for the day. That is over a 100 times the investment I give when another person harvests my crop. Anyone who is complaining about "thieving" and is shutting themselves away in a box is stupid, and YOU should delete THEM so that YOU are not infected with such stupidity LOL.

Comment

Farm 'stealing' can be annoying if you are planting seeds for what you need. Especially first starting and free players. Personally, I have a kind of idea I want to try... Get the resources banked for what I need (not overly so, but just a padding), then when a guy has more than what he/she needs, actually message a friend or guild member to take your crops that day to help them out (example: A member of your guild is trying really hard to help the guild, catch up on levels/experience, contributing good and may even be one of those guys who helps tend your crops... You plant a lot of experience, daru and solarite plants for him). Or for the more greedy, selling your crops, but the 'trade' game in this game is somewhat lacking (I would like to give equipment to lower level guild members who can use it). There are benefits and drawbacks to both sides of this argument... My suggestion, simply more communication (I would not consider the guy who says 'don't steal my crops, ok.' rude... merely stating the way they are playing. Personally, I leave other people's crops alone as not to step on toes (and if I was to take, I would send a msg first asking)... People are getting a reward wether they steal or not... the farm experience of tending... makes your farm larger. I think some simple communication would be a good idea to find out your 'friends' intentions (yes, I have a large list to, and would not talk to everyone everyday, but if you are noticing things you don't like consistantly, then send a msg... if problem persists, blacklist... nobody knows you are offended if you say nothing). Also, yes, it does say that these things are allowed, but if you also notice, the game seems to start you off making friends and then giving you (somewhat lucrative) options of offending them... Example: Beginner quests to find friends and help them with their farms for experience... Then the next day gives you a quest to take from them and plunder their city (friends)... Using some common sense, if it seems wrong, then maybe you should think about it first. If undecided, communicate... they are your friends and friends are supposed to work together. If you want to be a lone wolf.... well... lone wolves don't have many friends. As for tending... If you don't want friends tending your crops, again, communication. If I see dead crops, trees needing energizing, bugs and weeds, I assume it is helping and do what needs done. Personally, I don't want to watch my farm every minute... there's fighting (and more) to do. When I am fighting, I see msgs all the time someone helping me out with crops (tending) and like that it is happening when I am not there.
              Point being... Communication is probably a wise idea. You want to play alone, play single player games or don't have friends or associate. Communication is what makes good teams and team work (and also the key to a good military for anyone who thinks like me). These games are designed to make you work with other people. Without the communication, we are all just assuming and reading between lines wich allows for many mistakes to be made.
              BTW... I can see some good grudging coming from things like this. Could be fun. Pick your arch-enemy (Like the guy who requested to be your friend, plundered your city more than once, took your gold mines and stole from the farm with no crops of their own). =)

Comment

Sharing is caring..
                IGN : AwakenedOne
                Class : Knight
                Server : Forest of Doom

"The only important moment in your life is "NOW"- Ekchart Tolle -..The moment u looking at this word is "NOW"..~ <3
                Wartune is a browser game to play for fun..Why so serious ?

Comment

Lol idc who u are stay out of my crops!!!not even my guild leader can take my crops
                  IGN:Vanguard

Level:scion 5*

Class/Build:AM hybrid ranger

Fantasia

Server:S65 evil beast sanctuary

You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.

only for the ladies

Comment

Originally posted by R23710333 View Post
                    Farm 'stealing' can be annoying if you are planting seeds for what you need. Especially first starting and free players. Personally, I have a kind of idea I want to try... Get the resources banked for what I need (not overly so, but just a padding), then when a guy has more than what he/she needs, actually message a friend or guild member to take your crops that day to help them out (example: A member of your guild is trying really hard to help the guild, catch up on levels/experience, contributing good and may even be one of those guys who helps tend your crops... You plant a lot of experience, daru and solarite plants for him). Or for the more greedy, selling your crops, but the 'trade' game in this game is somewhat lacking (I would like to give equipment to lower level guild members who can use it). There are benefits and drawbacks to both sides of this argument... My suggestion, simply more communication (I would not consider the guy who says 'don't steal my crops, ok.' rude... merely stating the way they are playing. Personally, I leave other people's crops alone as not to step on toes (and if I was to take, I would send a msg first asking)... People are getting a reward wether they steal or not... the farm experience of tending... makes your farm larger. I think some simple communication would be a good idea to find out your 'friends' intentions (yes, I have a large list to, and would not talk to everyone everyday, but if you are noticing things you don't like consistantly, then send a msg... if problem persists, blacklist... nobody knows you are offended if you say nothing). Also, yes, it does say that these things are allowed, but if you also notice, the game seems to start you off making friends and then giving you (somewhat lucrative) options of offending them... Example: Beginner quests to find friends and help them with their farms for experience... Then the next day gives you a quest to take from them and plunder their city (friends)... Using some common sense, if it seems wrong, then maybe you should think about it first. If undecided, communicate... they are your friends and friends are supposed to work together. If you want to be a lone wolf.... well... lone wolves don't have many friends. As for tending... If you don't want friends tending your crops, again, communication. If I see dead crops, trees needing energizing, bugs and weeds, I assume it is helping and do what needs done. Personally, I don't want to watch my farm every minute... there's fighting (and more) to do. When I am fighting, I see msgs all the time someone helping me out with crops (tending) and like that it is happening when I am not there.
                    Point being... Communication is probably a wise idea. You want to play alone, play single player games or don't have friends or associate. Communication is what makes good teams and team work (and also the key to a good military for anyone who thinks like me). These games are designed to make you work with other people. Without the communication, we are all just assuming and reading between lines wich allows for many mistakes to be made.
                    BTW... I can see some good grudging coming from things like this. Could be fun. Pick your arch-enemy (Like the guy who requested to be your friend, plundered your city more than once, took your gold mines and stole from the farm with no crops of their own). =)
                    Dude it's not like you can't steal other people's crops. You have no excuse to get all upset over something like this since you can just do the same. You make the same amount or at least very close to in the end anyway. There really no problem at all for stealing crops. People are just selfish. You get plenty of gold,daru, xp from those plants regardless if someone takes some of it. It's part of the game and you should deal with it as you can do the same. The only thing I can find an excuse for is the stealing mines. Since there are tons of mines out there people are just lazy to look for there own. Also when stealing mines you can't get it back sometimes due to the other person being much stronger than you. When it comes to stealing crops. You always are able to steal back so there is no excuse but selfishness here.

Comment

lol nobodys complaining when your farm friends are weeding and reviving

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                        Dude it's not like you can't steal other people's crops. You have no excuse to get all upset over something like this since you can just do the same. You make the same amount or at least very close to in the end anyway. There really no problem at all for stealing crops. People are just selfish. You get plenty of gold,daru, xp from those plants regardless if someone takes some of it. It's part of the game and you should deal with it as you can do the same. The only thing I can find an excuse for is the stealing mines. Since there are tons of mines out there people are just lazy to look for there own. Also when stealing mines you can't get it back sometimes due to the other person being much stronger than you. When it comes to stealing crops. You always are able to steal back so there is no excuse but selfishness here.
                        I'm not really getting upset, and I don't seem to have a problem there. Just pointing out that many people have different ideas of how they want to play. Personally, I like playing with less orthodox ideas, but like to stay in the 'rules of fair-play' and not stepping on too many toes. I kinda think that taking everything you can, just because it is allowed and you can do it is being greedy.... Others think that sticking with your own crops is greedy... It is really a matter of point of view and how each person was planning on playing. If everyone played the same, then there would only be 1 character class because no one would choose the others (just example).... The interesting spin of these kinds of issues is you may be able to choose what kind of player you want to be in relation to others... Good/Evil, Gentleman or Jerk type thing. Also, until I started reading this thread, I was not aware that stealing crops only takes 10% of the crop. I thought it took it all (that's why I never tried it on anyone... That quest for me is still untouched) and I am willing to bet there are a lot of people assuming the same. I am actually very big on the sharing idea (I like the Gentleman approach... mostly). Also choosing who you want to share with a certain day is not a bad thing at all... Like I said, maybe you want to help the lower level guys catch up a little. Higher level guys do not need it as much (yes they need more resources for things, but they are already powerful).
                        BTW... Yes. Sharing is caring, but we are playing a strategy/rpg game here... That involves choices and thinking. Another part of caring is also consideration of the others you are playing with and their intentions. There are less mature people playing, but that does not mean they have no right to be there. And 'jerks' can add some fun to the game also... like the pick your arch-enemy idea.... I kinda like that idea... the natural way of selecting enemies.... Let's face it. Most of us play this game for the fighting part (staying on farm is boring if that is all you do). To fight, you need enemies. =)

Comment

To be honest until i saw this thread (which btw is pretty much the first thread i saw, just after 2 weeks or so thought to go to the forum) i didn't realize that i was or that other people were taking crops. well let me rephrase that. I realized that i got crops from other people's farm and that they would get crops from me in turn, but i didn't realize that the taking of crops subtracted from the produce of the grower's intake. if that makes sense. to be honest w/ my dinosaur like game mentality i didn't think to put that much logic into how the game works. '
                          anyway the only reason i could see someone actually being mad about this is if they buy one of the Ultimate seeds you know the ones that cost Balens to buy. And to be honest i would con seed to their point.
                          (this is the debater from highschool in me)
                          RESOLVED: Wartunes should prevent players from "stealing" or otherwise harvesting the produce that is produced by seeds that cost Balens

ALL those who agree vote AYE
                          ALL those who disagree vote NAY

ADVANTAGE FOR RESOLUTION: 1)Less whining: the main people who would/may/will whine and B**** about people "stealing" their crops are the people who actually paid real money for said crops. Also they are the only ones with a legitimate complaint. (because lets be real people you spent gold (i.e. fake virtual money) on seeds (i.e. fake plants)that produced gold,daru,exp,kyanite (ie fake virtual money/stuff) and someone "stole" that gold,daru,exp,kyanite (ie fake virtual money/stuff) long run it doesn't mean anything!!!!)
                          2 i had more but waited too long but with the protection Wartunes might make a bit more money (HEY FILTERS FOR GOOD IDEAS LOOK AT THIS) if someone who used Balens to but seeds and those seed did not get harvested by other players it might increase the amount of players who spend real money on Balens. also maybe a Balens only item that doesnt let anybody harvest your yard would be good. Or maybe a Guild Skill that either reduces or increases the amount that gets/you get from yards

Josef

also another idea is to only let VIP players harvest from VIP players. another HEY FILTER LOOK AT THIS FOR MONEY idea. Do the trial thing for a full day around the 35 lv mark cuz if you do the VIP trial at such a low level the players can not tell the difference. if you do the VIP trial at a higher level for a longer time the players are much more likely to try the VIP. and just do two one at a low level and one at a higher level just to tempt the players. also try lowering the VIP price it mich helpo

all so if Wartunes people want to give me creadit for this they knjow where i ammmmm
                          Last edited by VicZar; 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM. Reason: merge

Comment

RESOLVED: Wartunes should prevent players from "stealing" or otherwise harvesting the produce that is produced by seeds that cost Balens

ALL those who agree vote AYE
                            ALL those who disagree vote NAY
                            Actually... I would have to agree with this because balens cost real money. Personally I wouldn't risk real money in the farm, but there are more serious players out there (lots apparently). So AYE.

Comment

Another thought about this matter... People keep 'justifying' stealing crops because you can. Ever play the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind, Oblivion)? In the game, you can steal anything and even pickpocket guys... it is allowed in the game, but the guys you steal from (fun because computer people) get pretty mad at you and you get in trouble with the 'law' if caught. Point: Stealing is possible in the game, but with consequences. in Wartune, there are no set consequences, but it does tell the guy you took from (specifically) that you 'stole your (their) crops'... when someone tells you that you were stolen from (yeah... you gotta think it through a little, but I'm talking initial reaction), it does tend to offend and make you a little angry, eh? Like Elder Scrolls, it is allowed and you are able to do it, but the consequences are left to the players to determine and enforce (skipping the artificial intelligence guy spitting insults at you, you make a real person angry if they do not like it). I'm sure that if the developers didn't intend for the 'stealing' to be 'theft', then they would not have called it stealing.

Comment

The problem with your "thoughts" is that you compare things which are not at all the same...
                                At the contrary of other games, where stealing is a specific ability, clearly defined as morally dubious (even though you can perfectly choose to play an outlaw character), in Wartune there is, to my knowledge, absolutely no clear evidence, unless you open and read the obscure "Growth record", which describes it as "stealing", that the action of harvesting (it is exactly the same cursor as for harvesting your own crops) a small part of your FRIENDS crops is in anyway wrong...
                                Also, as many of those who complain about so-called "stealing", you completely ignore the fundamentally cooperative nature of the farming system: your friends can harvest a small part of your crops, but they also tend these, preventing them to wither in your absence!!
                                If you do not want to enter this cooperative system, stop having friends! Nobody will ever harvest a small part of your crops, but if you let them wither, noone will be there to help you.
                                In other words, if you are not smart enough to understand the advantages of helping each other, assume being an lonely asocial character, having no friends... PROBLEM SOLVED !
                                Last edited by Celorilm; 09-29-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X