Whats the worst daily/periodical event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TastesL5kChicken View Post
    I've been playing Wartune for a little over a year, 7 days a week, usually anywhere from 6 to 10 hours a day.

I gave up:
    -snip-

scoob
    US 80 East
    Lvl 74 knight

i have a hard time believing this is a serious post.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Circuit quest, No one does them since cores are easy to get from other resources like marriage tree, spire, wild shop.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      speaking of AB, no one's fighting it aside from my team 10 mins ago. we managed to get 100%, took 40 mins to beat >_<
      took 3 hours here.

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
      lol nice
      how much gold for taking the full 100%?
      most i've done is 80%
      fyi, did 100% dmg on boss, got around 20m gold, before they reduced its hp down.
      Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 01-14-2015, 06:54 AM. Reason: Post merge
      S371/Zetsuen.
      Honor: GDK
      KNIGHT ☣

Comment

Originally posted by redav View Post
        fyi, did 100% dmg on boss, got around 20m gold, before they reduced its hp down.
        I think the HP of AB depends on the lvl of the AB, sometimes its done in 5 mins with 3 teams, sometimes it takes 30 mins with 6 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
          I hate all the dailys but worst is 10 duels. I never do it anymore unless there's event for it.
          Even tanks has more variety than getting up the ranks or suiciding over and over everyday.
          I don't even do Duels when there IS an event for it.

Circuit Quests: I stopped doing them the 3rd week they came out. I finally did all 200 in one week, and decided that the immense amount of time required was not worth the pay-off.

BG/SFT: yeah. Battleground is just a clustercupcake. lag issues and obvious cheats abound.
          I especially liked the guy that was able to respawn and travel across the entire board 5x to attack me, all in the amount of time it took me to leave the victory screen, as soon as I won, he would be attacking me again. no travel time, no 30 second cooldown timer. and no legit response from R2 about it.
          not worth losing 400 Honor to a credit card warrior, while it takes 4 victories to make up that difference.

Arena: it's hit or miss. go in with a good team and get swept. Go in with a **** team of players 60-78 and win all 15. I don't think the programmers even know how it works anymore.

World Boss/ Atoll Boss: how boring is this really? attack and die 30x for rewards. wash, rinse, repeat.

I got a great idea. Create a super big monster boss that we all fight twice a day, that drops honor, crystals and runes, gold and daru. Then get rid of arena, BG, WB and tanks.
          If you can't win, cash harder

Comment

In chronological order -

After i played a few months - no circuit quests, battlegrounds, group arenas (unless asked), wilds monsters (unless asked), tanks, (unless asked by certain people), sylph arena, and did solo arena by getting naked for quick-losses.
            stopped solo arenas when they virtually eliminated roses as rewards and cut back to 10 fights (I'm so sure people were complaining about roses and 20 fights :P)

Octoberish - I decided to stop spending money until the game let me trade my soul crystals for runes (the last real sc swap happened just as I hit lvl 80 engraving and had a few thousand left over).

When i stopped spending, I stopped doing spire. The 2-balens rewards started to be a slap in the face. This game exists to sell us balens, and even with that, the lowest quantity they will sell us is 500 balens - and i am suddenly down to a handful of 2-balen prizes? So if I do good Spire runs four days in a row, I can get one crypt key? Wheeeeee!

2 weeks later, Spirit Covenant ran out - I started noticing how the game was designed to be very annoying to non-cashers ...
            I Stopped fishing (my favorite thing in the game had suddenly become annoying - 3 good catches and 3 misses, now wait 30 minutes, repeat 6-7 times)
            I lost my entire reserves of Hit-Points in one epic Guild Battle and God's Descent - constantly buying HP became very annoying.
            I noticed how stupid the bounty quests are (the quests themselves) and stopped doing them so i would never again see that "spend money" quest (the cheapest thing is resetting the bounty board at 10 balens, and 2 of them took all my wonderful 2-balen rewards from a good Spire run).
            Those extra 60 stamina points? Just go to the same statue, but now I stand there and do nothing for 2 hours. ... I gave money to a game that would do such a thing?

Soon after that, i was only playing Jewel Hunt and spinning wheels, occasionally running group-things with free players who were happy to run with me (I was good, still top-30 even without academy bonus, and had loaded Triton and Hercules)

And four weeks later, my VIP ran out - the game started looking flat-out stupid.
            Astrals without quick-collect - seriously? Spending 5 million gold was worse than the two-hour-nothing for the bonus 60 stamina. At least with collecting thousands of love-thy-mount rewards, i was clicking the same spot each time ... and getting much better stuff ... and it was just once a month.
            Guild blessings were 30 separate spins, each fully animated - because we can get excited to see that light spinning around, giving us the brief illusion that the prizes are truly random! ... oh, 4 balens. ... and thats a 'good' prize.
            And there was the time i went into Fire Temple to see what it was like, and lost 400 honor in two fights. No wonder free players end up camping.

By the end of they year, I lost my personal connection to my character. I did not get to where I was for free, and that is very important when you are playing for free.

Final note - when i spent money, I basically did VIP, Spirit Covenant, and bought items equivalent to events I skipped. I did not do circuit quests, so I bought 2000 soul crystals a month. Did not sylph-farm, so I bought 100-200 sepulcrum a month, etc., combined with spending events and such until I felt equal. It was generally 90-100 dollars a month.

... so now I am down to nothing but an occasional visit to the forum, amuse myself with the latest event listings and the complaints about the game.

EDIT - damn, i don't know how I can type so much so casually.
            Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
            Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
            Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
            Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Worst is tanks, stopped doing them a few months ago.
              Next worst is fishing, finally got to lvl 25 but forget to do it all the time. And it's boring.
              CQ doesn't even count, neither does solo arena. They're just not things and haven't been for a good while.
              MP is pointless just about. 2 refine crystals a day for 5-15min of work. Meh. I do this when I remember or have spare time, but it's the first thing to get dropped out of my routine.
              Slyph Boss is ok now that it drops more gold, but not something I plan on doing. It's more just: try to cobble together a team if one pops while I'm not doing anything.
              Wilds...I do a boss if someone else finds one. That's about it.

Things I make sure to do everyday (if possible):

WB - always need gold
              BG/Tample - only way to get soul seals
              DI - this has become basically just gold, but it's a lot of gold
              Arena - league sigs for will crystals/adv runes
              Dimensional War - good rewards, fun to do, and solo event; bit of a real life time sink on those days when you're farming dimensions instead of conquering them, tho
              ToK - usually quick and easy, best source of reg sigs
              Spire - it's fun, but has become almost laughably easy; cores/shards are nice
              Cata/Solo Campaigns/Jewel Hunt/Slyph Arena - blitzable events, no reason not to do them; jewel hunt's quick; slyph arena quick and need sep

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                i have a hard time believing this is a serious post.
                Why is that? Is it the amount of time I've been playing Wartune you doubt? Or is it the stuff I said I either no longer do, or do begrudgingly? I'm online right now, as we speak, on US 80 E, and just got done with 15 rounds of mismatched, MP arena - 2 wins and 13 losses.
                Sheer misery - if I didn't need the sigs, I wouldn't do it at all. I think I'd rather get a root canal.

scoob
                US 80 E
                Lvl 74 knight

Comment

I find myself doing less and less. AB I only do if I am around when it spawns, otherwise another team will go in and do shitload of dmg and not stop, making the rewards not worth it.

I don't do tanks often, unless, I want coffee at 21:48, then I join, make my coffe, click once, attack, turn around, watch tv

Spire I can do once a week or something, feels pointless until I can do all bosses(tho, the BB is awesome).

Tok I rarely do unless tok nm is easy, normal give **** rewards anyways.

MPD - exp sucks, leg stones don't need, 4 dragon souls? I have 5k in my backpack already, don't need them xD

CQ - I can only imagine botters still do this... or someone that wanna have that small edge.

Wilds - I actually like wilds when I am tired, and just want something to do, but, rarely do it anyways.

Maps - I TRY TO DO THIS, cause of dimensions, it's important to have 5 high res crystal, and the events that comes with making them, are pretty solid. But again, happens way less these days.

Basicly, what I do each day is DI and 1 wb+events. But I don't think it's cause I think the rewards are ****, just that I think the competition is ****

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                    You spend 6 till 10;hours a day on doing close to nothing?
                    Yes, I took 10 months off last year(because I could), worked Nov and Dec, and am probably going to be taking the rest of winter off, so I have a lot of time to do what I enjoy, which is playing games both online and standalone offline games. I've been hooked since the 80s, when my then-GF showed me Final Fantasy on Nintendo. I bought both a few days later, and the rest is history.

Comment

CQ is without saying
                      MPD
                      Amethyst Mine

Comment

Tanks, Fishing, the whole marriage system. Solo Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by QHsdoitall View Post
                          Tanks, Fishing, the whole marriage system. Solo Arena.
                          I'm surprised they haven't set up a DIY cyber-divorce kiosk in Cloud City yet.
                          Of course, only unbound balens will be accepted

Comment

Tanks

I also never do mpd, spire and circuit quests (useless rewards and damn boring).

AB would be okay if it would be fix time and always only max 5-10 minutes, in it's current form, it's disgusting.
                            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

I dont understand why people dont like tanks. This is one of the few events you can get rewards basically for doing nothing. NOTHING. Doesnt even require to be there, just press 1 every 2-3-4 mins not to get kicked.
                              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Hate to do atol boss while there is only my team doing it.
                                of course talking about big ones like 540 mil hp.
                                Name:MODOKâ„¢
                                Class:Archer
                                Server:Kabam s28(West)
                                Guild:CritRime
                                Level:Advanced 80
                                BR(MAX):1.6 mil
                                Honor Rank:Sky Dragon Knight

Comment

Working...
                                X