No announcement yet.

remove this Lovely Wonderful ? def rune from game or give to knights too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not asking about other things, but how could he sylph up before you did, Steal you, sylph down, Intercept you, and still able to thrash you and then Amnesia you and sylph up again? Just wondering if you are lagging?

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Chaos and Amnesia can be puri'd - but it's tricky.

Chaos cannot be puri'd by the person with the Chaos on them. If you use the Puri Rune or are a Mage casting Puri, you will not affect yourself, though you have a chance to affect your teammates in group PvP. I personally think the code on this is messed up - but it is what it is. You can not clear Chaos from yourself.

Amnesia can only be puri'd if you still have puri available. Good luck on that. . A L10 Amnesia can be utterly devastating when it gets the right skills. Especially when a Knight combines it with Intercept and Shadow Thrasher. You can make a player sit there default attacking for the equivalent of 6 rounds.

And I actually encountered a Knight that did that just yesterday and had, of all pets, a Medusa that used "Steal" 1st move to prevent me from awakening to get out of my Amnesia state. He timed his Intercept to me using Thunderer, triggered Amnesia right after, then Thrashered to Slow me and Awakened. I still took him cause I had a ton of BR on him - but it's the first time a Knight that was almost half my BR took me well past 50% in BG. Kudos to that strategy.

If he was anywhere near my BR I'd have lost that handily.

Comment

Nor do skills.

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
      Runes don't last for a ridiculous number of turns either.

Comment

It will never go back to the way it was.

There is a chance that it will be revised though. I'd suggested the heal-cap on Block-Heal be a factor of one's Block #. If Block-Heal were capped at 3000 + 33% of one's Block Statistic, with all L12 Block Gems, L10 Holy Enshieldment and all the Dragon Soul bonuses, one's Block can go over 30k. That'd be a 13k+ Heal Cap for someone who wants to build towards it. I think that's more reasonable.

A straight 4% Heal scales too quickly. You'd be talking the high-end Knights healing 30k HP per block right now. Now I know you'd immediately say, "Well, that's what Sunto is healing on high end Mages." And there you'd be right. But Block Heals are automatic, non-cast, immediate, non counterable and often occur multiple times per round from Troops.

Before the cap was in place, I'd fight knights that I couldn't get off max HP because they'd run no troops, they'd lead with HS just to ping me, then ultimate (targeting my lowest hp% in back row), then bubble, then ultimate, then apollo, then ultimate, etc.. They'd never hit the troops on purpose because they were healing 10k+ HP per block (way back when), usually 2 of them per round. I remember posting some time ago regarding this that equal BR knights were block-healing over 120k HP before the 50% mark when my Resto was only doing about 65k Healing - so their "free" heals were doing about the same that my 70 Rage and 2 Lost Actions were doing for me.

No, Knight Block-Heals will never return to the way they were, nor should they.
        I can't read chinese but i can read numbers, check this

Click image for larger version

Name:	block heal.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1709892

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130406[/ATTACH]
          100% chance to restore 4% of HP, 40k HP each trigger max /probably

Means only need 1mil HP to get max activation I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            I just found it funny when archers & mages expect knights to tank.
            I find it funny that you think that. We really don't expect knights to tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              100% chance to restore 4% of HP, 40k HP each trigger max /probably

Means only need 1mil HP to get max activation I suppose
              Look at it this way, top br on chinese have around 2m hp, that's 80k heal with block without cap, 40k is half.
              Averange knight now have 500k hp, that's 20k heal, 3k is 1/7th of that. You see my point? It's basically a free regen astral that procs whenever u block a hit, it's probably more op then guardian rune.

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                I remember making a thread complaining about the unfair guardian rune when it was introduced and all the " pro knights" (aka mindless cashers)were bashing me. I'm so glad to see them complain now
                To be fair, Guardian Rune 50% for 2 Rounds wasn't OP compared to 4 Rounds of 30%. The latter would reduce not only more damage over time, but would also affect the whole party in group PvP.

It was the Advancement of it to 70% that's skewed it as being a bit OP. And again, I say a bit, because it's really only affecting 1 skill vs. a smart player. The other should be a throw-away to burn it up.

But, in terms of PvP, I think Guardian is about on par with the likes of Intercept - which effectively becomes a stun when used right, and becomes a death sentence when paired successfully with Amnesia and a Slow effect.

Comment

Look at it this way, top br on chinese have around 2m hp, that's 80k heal with block without cap, 40k is half.
                  Averange knight now have 500k hp, that's 20k heal, 3k is 1/7th of that. You see my point? It's basically a free regen astral that procs whenever u block a hit, it's probably more op then guardian rune.
                  40k won't be bad when we're talking millions of HP. After all, a Sunto would heal 120k at that point - but at least that has to be cast and can be dispelled. However, by then troops will be gone and everything will be Sylph Troops, so Knights won't be able to feed off repeated free healing from hits that do 200 damage . Most Sylph Troops are used for buffs and shields and heals. Few people I know use them to actually attack.

I'd be fine with that cap down the road - though I still think it'd make more sense to have the cap on Block-Healing be a soft cap based on a scaling effect of the Block Stat. It's not an over-the-top stat that scales to the 100k mark. It's finite based on Gems, Astrals and Dragon Soul. Sure, Dual Gems could make it a little crazy, but who's going to sacrifice PAtk for Block since you can only have one PAtk/Block Dual gem per Item? Are people going to make gems like PAtk/Block, Mdef/Block, Crit/Block and HP/Block or are they going to do PAtk/Block, PAtk/MDef, PAtk/Crit, PAtk/HP? Know what I mean? We all know it's the latter .

Comment

40k won't be bad when we're talking millions of HP. After all, a Sunto would heal 120k at that point - but at least that has to be cast and can be dispelled. However, by then troops will be gone and everything will be Sylph Troops, so Knights won't be able to feed off repeated free healing from hits that do 200 damage . Most Sylph Troops are used for buffs and shields and heals. Few people I know use them to actually attack.

I'd be fine with that cap down the road - though I still think it'd make more sense to have the cap on Block-Healing be a soft cap based on a scaling effect of the Block Stat. It's not an over-the-top stat that scales to the 100k mark. It's finite based on Gems, Astrals and Dragon Soul. Sure, Dual Gems could make it a little crazy, but who's going to sacrifice PAtk for Block since you can only have one PAtk/Block Dual gem per Item? Are people going to make gems like PAtk/Block, Mdef/Block, Crit/Block and HP/Block or are they going to do PAtk/Block, PAtk/MDef, PAtk/Crit, PAtk/HP? Know what I mean? We all know it's the latter .
                    So after numerous posts full with ******** arguments why mage's heal doesnt need to be capped, we knights are so glad you give green light to a slight raise in the block heal cap.

Seriously, you should try to reread your own **** without smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                      So after numerous posts full with ******** arguments why mage's heal doesnt need to be capped, we knights are so glad you give green light to a slight raise in the block heal cap.

Seriously, you should try to reread your own **** without smiling.
                      I wrote (Regarding Block & Block-Heals):

I'd suggested the heal-cap on Block-Heal be a factor of one's Block #. If Block-Heal were capped at 3000 + 33% of one's Block Statistic, with all L12 Block Gems, L10 Holy Enshieldment and all the Dragon Soul bonuses, one's Block can go over 30k. That'd be a 13k+ Heal Cap for someone who wants to build towards it. I think that's more reasonable.
                      I support a scaling Block-Heal. Always have. Don't know where I said so otherwise... Just a more reasonable one than a blanket 4%.

I don't know what block you're running, but as a Mage with merely 13.3K Block, I'm blocking in PvP around 50%. When I swap out some gems to get my block to 22.6K I will consistently block 4 out of 5 attacks. When you're talking about the presence of troops, that's 3 Attacks a round where one should trigger a block-heal at least twice on average. If you think potentially healing 20k a round as a Knight for free - nothing to purge, not subject to chaos, no rage to invoke and never expiring - is underpowered right now, then you have an outlook on this game that I just can't fathom.

I also said:

A straight 4% Heal scales too quickly. You'd be talking the high-end Knights healing 30k HP per block right now. Now I know you'd immediately say, "Well, that's what Sunto is healing on high end Mages." And there you'd be right. But Block Heals are automatic, non-cast, immediate, non counterable and often occur multiple times per round from Troops.
                      How would you feel with Block-Heal being a 7-Use, 4% Healing per, 30 Rage, 45 Sec CD Skill that can be purged as opposed to a passive? Would you even carry it in PvP? I don't think you would. That's what Mage's Sunto is, but we're 6% since we actually, you know, are healers, have the worst single-target DPS, worst rage regen, and the worst HP.

But what do you have to say about the way it was before it was nerfed?

Before the cap was in place, I'd fight knights that I couldn't get off max HP because they'd run no troops, they'd lead with HS just to ping me, then ultimate (targeting my lowest hp% in back row), then bubble, then ultimate, then apollo, then ultimate, etc.. They'd never hit the troops on purpose because they were healing 10k+ HP per block (way back when), usually 2 of them per round. I remember posting some time ago regarding this that equal BR knights were block-healing over 120k HP before the 50% mark when my Resto was only doing about 65k Healing - so their "free" heals were doing about the same that my 70 Rage and 2 Lost Actions were doing for me.

Comment

How would you feel with Block-Heal being a 7-Use, 4% Healing per, 30 Rage, 45 Sec CD Skill that can be purged as opposed to a passive? Would you even carry it in PvP? I don't think you would. That's what Mage's Sunto is, but we're 6% since we actually, you know, are healers, have the worst single-target DPS, worst rage regen, and the worst HP.
                        LOL I would not only use it in pvp but on pve too, are u kidding me? 7x 4% heal and no cap? Pls make this possible!

Comment

Mages get what is an unfair advantage and it has made the mage class a joke. Give knights back percentage based block healing or just admit you are catering to your cashers with this ** op guardian rune.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]130406[/ATTACH]
                            Just ran across this from an old thread... Posted Aug 2014 after the Block-Heal nerf here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1693605

Just think it's kinda of interesting that the 2nd Stage of Block-Heal being an 80% Chance of 4% Healing that was in China never got here, and now China's got a 100% of a 4% Heal with a cap of 40k. Do we really think this will come here at this point?

Personally, I don't. China had already removed their initial block-heal cap by the time we got it, and we've caught up to that point where we should have had the 80% / 4% Block-Heal. not only do we not have it - but they've capped again.

I do hope they do something for you. Block Heal is fairly useless. But at the same time, my Healing Empowerment of a whopping 8% might give me as much as 20k extra HP of Healing in a combat, assuming I Resto twice and it doesn't get jacked. Empowerment doesn't help Sunto. Even Uber-Nerfed, your Block-Heal probably gives you back more HP than my Passive Healing Empowerment does.

Comment

LOL I would not only use it in pvp but on pve too, are u kidding me? 7x 4% heal and no cap? Pls make this possible!
                              You have no idea what it's like being a Mage playing an Archer . The instant I Sunto I see SS go up. Sometime, just to be a d*ck, I Sunto when I can awaken, and when I see the SS get called, I awaken to kill the Sunto cast and immediately unawaken just to Sunto again.

There was a point in CW that almost every Mage carried the Purge Rune. If Knights had to cast a Knight Equiv Sunto, with that kind of CD, I'd ditch my heal rune and bring back the Purge for BG in a heartbeat. Maybe even Chaos if it was stealable - that'd be a hoot! Stacking Sunto and a Block-Heal buff .

I don't think you get just how awesome it is that it's a permanent trigger effect that can't be hijacked and used against you - unlike all the Mage healing they have. It can't be dispelled like Sunto.

It IS underpowered. That's not in question. I still stand by that, at this level, it would make sense being a % of the Block Stat, since it doesn't crazy scale. Even a 10k Block-Heal at this point, given a smart knight's abilities to leave troops intact, means 120k Hp of free healing before awaken.

Comment

Just ran across this from an old thread... Posted Aug 2014 after the Block-Heal nerf here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100985[/ATTACH]

Just think it's kinda of interesting that the 2nd Stage of Block-Heal being an 80% Chance of 4% Healing that was in China never got here, and now China's got a 100% of a 4% Heal with a cap of 40k. Do we really think this will come here at this point?

Personally, I don't. China had already removed their initial block-heal cap by the time we got it, and we've caught up to that point where we should have had the 80% / 4% Block-Heal. not only do we not have it - but they've capped again.

I do hope they do something for you. Block Heal is fairly useless. But at the same time, my Healing Empowerment of a whopping 8% might give me as much as 20k extra HP of Healing in a combat, assuming I Resto twice and it doesn't get jacked. Empowerment doesn't help Sunto. Even Uber-Nerfed, your Block-Heal probably gives you back more HP than my Passive Healing Empowerment does.
                                The screenshot you posted is from the skill calculator tool, that 80% chance of 4% heal was never in game afaik, might have been in an early stage of the game but don't quote me on that, all i know is that block heal was 4% heal 1st, then 4% heal cap at 3k, then 4% heal cap at 40k.

Comment

Working...
                                X