Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R212396167
    replied
    I don't see how this is balanced at all. There's a middle ground between "high res makes you extremely hard to kill in MPD" and "res barely matters in MPD", and this nerf utterly failed to find it.

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
    Really? Why should resistance have been like this all along? That makes no sense whatsoever. With resistance the way it is now you need to be a $1000 a week casher to clear dungeons, which is absurd.

And whoever thought it was a good idea to make sylph arena so that you lose points for losses and have no control over who you fight needs needs to fired. And then set on fire.
    The why is easy, it's a balanced system now, where you can't eliminate all damage you take, and higher res values give diminishing returns. Reduce res seems a little overpowered at this point, but I like it this way, so I won't complain. The original res system was workable, but didn't scale well to the levels we have reached.
    My daily team can beat any mpd now, although with some difficulty in EF Hell, and none of us are remotely close to $1000 a week. It's just about taking the time to build up to the tougher ones.

If the previous system hadn't just given us all a free pass to beat necro, purgatory, sky trail, and most mpds, I think everyone would see how well the new system works. But since they took away (almost) everyone's ability to beat purg. 30, plus made other things harder, it's a nerf, and no one likes a nerf.

Leave a comment:

• Enehasd
    replied
    Why the hell are stuff missing from this patch?
    Can't even get 50% of it right

Leave a comment:

• Linkoneusc
    replied
    Ress crystals

Saw peeps complaining a lot about ress system in pvp and with BA when by their own fould enetered without SS... we can thank to them cuz the new ress system... personaly i think the old one was way better...

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    A top 100 toon isn't "pretty average" last I checked.
    lrn2sarcasm buddy.

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
    Doubt purgatory was ment to be beaten by weak players such as myself, just look at history, necro took a long time before even the top cashers could beat it.
    The game has speed up quite a bit, took time to kill necro 30 because the progress was far slower.

Leave a comment:

• JkLoser87
    replied
    Doubt purgatory was ment to be beaten by weak players such as myself, just look at history, necro took a long time before even the top cashers could beat it.

Leave a comment:

• R212396167
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
    Yeah 2.7m br is pretty averange, you just need to be a top 100 player to clear it, no big deal.
    A top 100 toon isn't "pretty average" last I checked.

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemesis63 View Post
    And thats the way it should be
    And who decide that you? Purgatory it's been out for quite some time, i'm fine with forest hell being hard but it's stupid that purgatory need that high br to clear it (and i can clear purgatory so i'm not complaining for myself).

Leave a comment:

• tswbg
    replied
    someone must check how sylph arena matching work... it is madness - my total br there is 210k and i face people that have just 1 sylph with more! 100 points to gold group take me 10 battles... and i still at same spot....in old arena i choose who to fight and with 200k br i was in diamound group every week. now i loose 3 battles and win 1.and when i check list there are players that i can defeat... but for some reazon game choose monsters

Leave a comment:

• laba-laba
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemesis63 View Post
    It would be if it wasn't. Changing game rules after production is not a good gesture from R2.
    If people can pass it before, they should be able again.

Leave a comment:

• Nemesis63
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
    Yeah 2.7m br is pretty averange, you just need to be a top 100 player to clear it, no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
    The game was obviously too easy. There's no reason why anyone should be able to afk purgatory maze level 30. It's still beatable at 2.7m br. Not that high by today's standard.

Leave a comment:

• Tranc3motion
    replied
    Really? Why should resistance have been like this all along? That makes no sense whatsoever. With resistance the way it is now you need to be a $1000 a week casher to clear dungeons, which is absurd
    The game was obviously too easy. There's no reason why anyone should be able to afk purgatory maze level 30. It's still beatable at 2.7m br. Not that high by today's standard.

Leave a comment:

• R212396167
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    Agree about sylph arena, so horrible now. No strategy whatsoever, just click the button and hope for the best.

Resistance now is the way it should have been all along. But of course they gave us the stupidly broken version for months, which let everyone get a lot farther in places that are now way harder or impossible, so they have taken stuff away from us. R2/PC never seems to learn this lesson: customers are happier when you gradually give them more stuff and get really upset if you take away things, even if you shouldn't have given them out in the first place.

I'm actually happy with purgatory, since I can blitz to 29, then just reset it and save the 5 mins it used to take to afk 30, but anyone who is stuck on 18 or below right now is never going to get past it. I doubt I could at this point.
    Really? Why should resistance have been like this all along? That makes no sense whatsoever. With resistance the way it is now you need to be a $1000 a week casher to clear dungeons, which is absurd.

And whoever thought it was a good idea to make sylph arena so that you lose points for losses and have no control over who you fight needs needs to fired. And then set on fire.

Leave a comment:

• xrycek
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    Agree about sylph arena, so horrible now. No strategy whatsoever, just click the button and hope for the best.

Resistance now is the way it should have been all along. But of course they gave us the stupidly broken version for months, which let everyone get a lot farther in places that are now way harder or impossible, so they have taken stuff away from us. R2/PC never seems to learn this lesson: customers are happier when you gradually give them more stuff and get really upset if you take away things, even if you shouldn't have given them out in the first place.

I'm actually happy with purgatory, since I can blitz to 29, then just reset it and save the 5 mins it used to take to afk 30, but anyone who is stuck on 18 or below right now is never going to get past it. I doubt I could at this point.
    They'll get past it eventually, but much like when they changed Sky Trail so that slows no longer worked, it'll take them much longer and much higher BR to get to the same point we're at, locking in a long term advantage for the early birds. Thankfully everyone in my guild who was capable of doing so beat 29 before the patch, so its just the up-and-comers who've had the finish line moved 10 miles ahead.

And don't get me started on sylph arena. Losing points when you're defeated, with no control over which opponent you get? This means anyone w/o a very OP team will reach a point in the week where its better to just stop doing arena til Monday, since most matchups will likely lose them points and make their weekly rewards worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X