No announcement yet.

resistance after patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty easy, pre-patch, res could go insanely high, at least 95%, probably more. And it wasn't too hard to hit that high level. Now, my main eudaemon gets only about 55% reduction. Even conservatively, that's 9x the damage he was taking before. Could easily be 20x or more.
    I would expect that 90% damage resist (not sure if it capped at that for euds though) to significantly less would increase the damage a significant amount, but not 20x. I went in there expecting it to be more difficult, not watch a wave of 5 damage reflect faces (Which dont need to actually do any damage to you to be the most annoying **** in there) to each hit my mage for 180-200k

Comment

Resistance has changed, this is true. But don't forget that the fate-stone skill they removed was the defensive one. It's possible it's tougher because your MDEF and PDEF have gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Beesenitch View Post
        Resistance has changed, this is true. But don't forget that the fate-stone skill they removed was the defensive one. It's possible it's tougher because your MDEF and PDEF have gone down.
        They didn't remove it... it got merged with the ATK one, nothing was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          It's pretty easy, pre-patch, res could go insanely high, at least 95%, probably more. And it wasn't too hard to hit that high level. Now, my main eudaemon gets only about 55% reduction. Even conservatively, that's 9x the damage he was taking before. Could easily be 20x or more.

I hate that sylph expedition, with the absolutely **** rewards, is now many times easier, while bounty targets, where we could get some decent stuff, are impossible.
          Yeah my eud is taking 50-60k hits even with the right res when it was taking 10x less dmg before. Still doable, but thank goodness I stopped in the 70s for "easy" matchups. I was tempted to push into the 80s, since I thought I could handle it, but that probably would've left me with impossible bounties now. That's the worst part about changes like this, people who did push ahead werent being reckless or foolish, they were making what they thought were informed, calculated decisions about what their euds could handle (and they would only get stronger over time), and then the game fundamentally changed out from under them.
          Last edited by xrycek; 09-17-2015, 02:16 PM.
          Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

So basically the game was all about res, we all got way to much res chrystals after the last dimension change, and now res is close to useless?

makes sense

Comment

the funny part is that now that they will most probably give us diamond event up to lvl 8, and we can synt diamonds up to lvl 12, most of us can't even get the diamonds anymore from bounty. This was a big hit, and those who stopped at a certain level by choise and can still do some of them will take advantage of it

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                Ye they basically removed res as a whole, gonna be fun.
                not so much fun when the power gap is even greater & all the orange treasure maps we paid for (& paid to dig) now have close to no value

Comment

Originally posted by chris1909 View Post
                  At least u can kill people and not have 10 mins battles and there are a lot of lvls to 12 so if u don't have 11 or 12 res wouldn't protect that much
                  but the pve difficulty level has increased so much (while the rewards aren't as much better) that we can't do well without res >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                    ...What is the point to build a toon for 3 years or to cash on it in order to get br if that br is useless?...
                    RES works like intensity & tenacity. they have no meaning if your ATK & DEF are too low. the reason why you saw res had greater impact than base stats is because both have considerable base stats for the adjustments to have significance. if you strip down to under 250k br (i know lots "strong" people can still go under 250k) & then put back only the gears & gems that boost HP (so that you don't die instantly), you won't even feel the difference of RES any more, because you have no base stat to make use of RES.

besides, lots "BR" are just fluff; the real effective stats are still your base stats without sylph & eudaemon BR added to it (with sylph HP overlay & passive boosts still counted). I could take off my kid & claim that I could beat people with 1.3M higher BR than me, but we know that's fake.

Comment

Originally posted by xrycek View Post
                      ...They haven't completely eliminated ridiculous res, theyve just kicked the can down the road, and made them accesible (initially) to the one portion of the population that needs them the least, while everyone else gets to deal with the wreckage...
                      that seems to be what they were always doing they should know the big cash cows don't actually appreciate or feel motivated to spend more for being spoiled like this; they are bored of being alone standing out of the crowd & got nobody to run with because everyone is too weak to run with them. some are tired of always being the first few to tackle a new difficulty level, with no one able to help or advice them. status comes with the price of solitude. when the bigs feel excited about being above everyone else, they are also struggling with the lack of qualified candidates around & the high interdependence on a small closed circle of top players. the game now consumes so much time that many rich but busy players have to drop out or become lesser active, leaving their teammates with no suitable replacement, so the remainders also leave game as a result. helping to isolate the bigs from the mass certainly gives them advantage & status, but in some way it also accelerates their departure from wartune. there is reason why the weak need to be helped, and it's more than just philanthropism.

Comment

Gems formula

I think they have event for transponder

Comment

Originally posted by Kyraha View Post
                          dont get me wrong, i am one of those players that have been building up their char for the past 3 years, and today, even with the resistance nerf, even with a huge br gap, still managed to beat ppl 300-700k br higher in bg and arena, simply because there are a lot more things to consider in pvp. I am not complaining about me or anyone else not being able to beat those very high ppl, because i no longer stack 3 times their will in resistance towards their pet. Sure, 10 min fights were booring, though i never had one. all my fights prepatch were tops up to 250% , which is roughly a 5 min fight, and believe it or not, i still had some of those today even with the very high dmgs. In my opinion nothing changed there, as to how booring a fight can possible be. Trust me if u got for a triton and u have a lot of hp and deffs, u can take a fight over 200% dmg easily. Now the problem is, they broke pve while at it, you need lvl 11, even 12 gems +dimensions to reach an ammount close to 90% in pve. And considering how hard some of those are, players that arent over 1 mil br yet wont be able to do em anytime soon unless they get carried. As in tok nm, ef hell, purgatory, and most likely skytrail after stage 4-5. Before patch i was able to clear 6.10-10.5 in skytrail. now, i doubt i ll hit 5.10-6.x with the new resistances. And i am not saying that because i have low resistance crystals, i am full 10s, can make full 11s even, and next res event will prolly have full 8 wills even 9s as well, which is not a very top cash player lvl of crystals, but it gets close to that, while everything still seems way harder than its supposed to. As for building up a character in pvp, crystals and wills were a huge part of pvp so far, at least since they were implemented in the game. When i say huge, i refeer as the one thing that mattered the most. Now, they sky-dived from top to buttom, resistance being the least important factor in pvp. While this may be an interesting change, it should never be so sudden, and surely not such a huge difference from before to now. As i said in the initial post, full lv 10s is like it wont even matter, barely decreases dmg by 50%s, and that even, doesnt seem to be very accurate.
                          Also as far as this resistance system goes, 3 will lvl 12 will be equal to 6 lvl 12 repirisistances, and since u need a 10-15k difference to even matter, pretty much everyone will hit u with a 50-60% buff eventually, which is very much broken.
                          You need to see the bigger picture here, not only that fights are less booring now, which is not even the case.
                          the whiners about pvp now feels the difference & know what they asked for isn't desirable for pve. but some have passed purgatory & able to blitz it, and some have already gotten tons of holy forge mats from nr before the patch, now they sound like they are happy with their full purgatory daily & those who didnt beat purg. nor able to run nr would be left behind. true gamers seek challenge & respect the strong. i guess this game has consumed the game spirit of some busy & tired players.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                            RES works like intensity & tenacity. they have no meaning if your ATK & DEF are too low. the reason why you saw res had greater impact than base stats is because both have considerable base stats for the adjustments to have significance. if you strip down to under 250k br (i know lots "strong" people can still go under 250k) & then put back only the gears & gems that boost HP (so that you don't die instantly), you won't even feel the difference of RES any more, because you have no base stat to make use of RES.

besides, lots "BR" are just fluff; the real effective stats are still your base stats without sylph & eudaemon BR added to it (with sylph HP overlay & passive boosts still counted). I could take off my kid & claim that I could beat people with 1.3M higher BR than me, but we know that's fake.
                            yes, resistance works like intencity and tenacity, but there was not a balance between the res crystal lvl and the will crystal lvl that we had. There should be some flaw in that res sytem, since i(1.7 mil br) was able to kill a 2.1 mil br toon just because i had an expert dimension of the element same as his sylph.
                            IGN : ARKANTOS
                            CLASS : ARCHER
                            SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post

I hate that sylph expedition, with the absolutely **** rewards, is now many times easier, while bounty targets, where we could get some decent stuff, are impossible.
                              glad i missed 2 months & camped at bounty targets so now still able to enjoy the easy 40s. not a lot of diamonds at that level, but i still get blue crystalloids & occasionally green pieces. each battle takes 4 turns (2 on 2 waves of mobs & 2 on boss, don't need healing or expedition skills). would be a little tougher on building diamonds, but it takes little time so i could get 2-6 battles done daily rather than weekly, in some way that offsets the level difference. i bet if i go to 70+ i'd prolly not able to get 1 bounty done per day.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                                glad i missed 2 months & camped at bounty targets so now still able to enjoy the easy 40s. not a lot of diamonds at that level, but i still get blue crystalloids & occasionally green pieces. each battle takes 4 turns (2 on 2 waves of mobs & 2 on boss, don't need healing or expedition skills). would be a little tougher on building diamonds, but it takes little time so i could get 2-6 battles done daily rather than weekly, in some way that offsets the level difference. i bet if i go to 70+ i'd prolly not able to get 1 bounty done per day.
                                I get anywhere from 75-84 and cant beat any now lol

Comment

Working...
                                X