• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
    Now, WB has 2.1b HP.
    It does not, it has 1.16b.

This is exactly the maximum of "int" type in ActionScript (it holds from -2.1*10^9 to 2.1*10^9). This is a 4-byte variable, the most common one.
    -2.1*10^9 to 2.1*10^9 is the same as +/- 2,100,000,000.

I'm not sure why you are using that.... formula, but it inaccurate, and convoluted.

A signed 4-byte integer is 2^31-1
    An unsigned 4-byte integer is 2^32-1

If they could change if for "uint", the HP can be as high as 4294967295 (i.e. twice it is now). Not a big deal, but it is a start.
    I agree. Though it is a little better than that. 1.16b -> 4.29b (~x3.5)

Also, ActionScript has "Number" type, which can hold from -9*10^15 to 9*10^15 of integer values. Million times bigger - more than enough for WB. And I'm pretty sure it has usage in code - just check your accumulated exp in ratings.
    -9*10^15 to 9*10^15 = +/- 9,000,000,000,000,000

A number, uses the IEEE 754 standard, it's upper range is several magnitude higher than that.

It can use up to 53-bits for a precision integer, but it has nothing to do with floating point numbers; it's just a neat perk to using flash. It's also probably a bad idea to use it as an integer.

So, they can change the data type and associated methods. It is not rocket science.
    You're right, it's more difficult than rocket science, in some cases.
    Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-03-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      It does not, it has 1.16b.
      In my version, it is exactly a "Max_Value" of a signed 4-byte int, i. e. 2^31-1=2147483647, i.e ~2.1*10^9. I use this notation cause it is short and simple - not all are good with powers of 2.

-9*10^15 to 9*10^15 = +/- 9,000,000,000,000,000
      A number, uses the IEEE 754 standard, it's upper range is several magnitude higher than that.
      It can use up to 53-bits for a precision integer, but it has nothing to do with floating point numbers; it's just a neat perk to using flash. It's also probably a bad idea to use it as an integer.
      I know that float numbers are not meant for storing integers. But it can be used that way, without magnitude part. Not the best way maybe, but possible. The main thing was that they DO use it (or some other routine to work with "big" integers) - check accumulated experience. Our tops has like 80b EXP - bigger than any 4-byte type integer can hold. Yours should be even bigger. This means they DO know how to work with such numbers. So, they either do not give a cupcake about WB issue or incompetent and can not do much except making casher events.

Comment

You didn't answer my question, nor did I answer it myself.

If we are unable to kill the world boss, because it heals too fast..... why is that a problem? From my view, if you want to do the world boss for a few minutes and then move along to the next event, you can still do that if the world boss is alive. In fact, if it was a daily occurrence, I would wager most people wouldn't do the world boss for a full hour everyday anyway.

Also... removing eudaemon/slyphs isn't going to help in any real sense for a lot of servers.
        Just told ya, people want to be done and over with an event. How hard is to understand that?

Again, you answered your own question as I don't need to answer it. Then I would sound like a parrot and someone will go "rrahhh, cracker!" somewhere in the background, LOL.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

They don't need to go all crazy with updating the variable types - which will only cause conversion problems down the road...

They just need to update the proc.

You know how the boss in Nirvana spawns a replica of itself after it dies? Just add proc like that to the WB with a tweak on it. If the WB Instance is <= 15 minutes underway, the boss will revive. If it's not, it won't. Simple solution.

So those servers that kill the WB (at a pace of) < 5 Min will get 3 additional spawns. Those that kill it in > 5 Min && < 7.5 Min will get 2 additional spawns. Those that kill it in > 7.5 Min && < 15 Min will get 1 additional spawn.

Honestly, a script like that would likely take less than an hour to write. Leverage the existing re-spawning script, duplicate it under a new proc name, change the re-spawn mob to be the same WB that it's on, add in an event-timer check (assuming the variable is available - since the instance uses it to close down if it goes too long), and trigger the already written code when the condition is true. Seriously - it doesn't get much easier than that - because the functionality is already there. They'd just need to do a little bit of tweaking.

No update to var types. No structural changes. Just a proc copy and tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            No update to var types. No structural changes. Just a proc copy and tweak.
            Man, exactly how long this issue exists? I believe, it first was became visible like 1.5 year ago, when we all were able to live through his ultimate attack. And instead of fixing the WB mechanic (somehow, we shown here numerous ways), they made his ultimate attack almost un-livable (well, warriors are cheaters ;p). Ok, more than year passed and from a simple issue WB health became a severe handicap for players. What is done? Nothing. They put players first, obviously.

Comment

Man, exactly how long this issue exists? I believe, it first was became visible like 1.5 year ago, when we all were able to live through his ultimate attack. And instead of fixing the WB mechanic (somehow, we shown here numerous ways), they made his ultimate attack almost un-livable (well, warriors are cheaters ;p). Ok, more than year passed and from a simple issue WB health became a severe handicap for players. What is done? Nothing. They put players first, obviously.
              You can still live through the ultimate fairly easy w/ Poseidon or Frigga - but not really worth it if you've got Knighthood. I do more damage unawakened than I do awakened.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                Just told ya, people want to be done and over with an event. How hard is to understand that?

Again, you answered your own question as I don't need to answer it. Then I would sound like a parrot and someone will go "rrahhh, cracker!" somewhere in the background, LOL.
                Not sure how it is on your server. On mine, we're averaging 2 full rounds. It is slowly getting shorter as players get stronger and stronger. The people who have strong toons and can get several million gold from that insanely short world boss may well be happy with it. They show up, get a ton of gold, and its done in less than 5 min, so they can move on to the other stuff that needs doing. The rest of the players are the ones getting shafted. When world boss is that short, it gets to the point where weaker players have no value in showing up. Wait for the 3-4 min event start cd, hit the boss a couple times, get maybe 1 mil gold, then done. They'd get more gold per minute from DI.

Personally, I do not want world boss to last a full hour. When I was a new player, 20-30 min world boss was common and it was very dull. I feel 10-15 min is ideal; long enough for everyone to get decent reward while not being so long as to bore players sick. Of course, nobody would force people to stay until the end. If someone prefers a 5 min wb, they can join late or simply leave after 5 min.

With the limitations of flash, it sounds as though ramping up world boss HP is not a viable fix to this issue. The regen idea sounds viable, but there would have to be a way to modify the buff to avoid making world boss too overpowered for newer servers. Perhaps what is really needed is to get away from the one boss with finite HP setup entirely. For instance, make world boss similar to divine altar, with the rewards being gold and daru and bonuses for ranking. Rather than having one finite HP boss, you have minions that keep respawning until time runs out or until altar takes too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  I do more damage unawakened than I do awakened.
                  I know, but that is not the point. You can live 1 ultimate, maybe 2. And earlier it was like living till the end - 10 rounds or more with dark sylph. But WB is about gold. If you can live it and your income is hindered - there is no point in living. So, something should be done with gold income from it.
                  You know, I tried some other game. And gold there was gained in a very good way. There were a "dungeon", the only enemies there were gold chests. And as you level up - they level up as well, so you gaining more gold as you progress. Also you can use some methods (both cashing and thinking) to increase your income. The main thing that income was scaled to your level (as far as I was able to get). Here income from WB is not scaled anymore. And this needs to be fixed. But do they care?

Comment

Well I don't see a problem with that, Zorich, but this is R2 we're talking about. If they managed to make it right, then it would be a miracle; one of many things to come.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

they don't need to change the existing code at all. all they need is to add a tiny piece of monitoring script that starts at same time as wb, & checks for liveness of wb (hp check? event-ended check?) at the 5-minute mark; if it's already killed, then restart it. simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X