Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ep!cFa!l View Post
    Who's the EpicFail?
    You are. It's clearly on your name.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nk412 View Post
      There is a huge problem with matching based on br. There is no incentive to become stronger, because you'll just have to fight stronger people. Pretty much all of the fun in the game comes from starting at the bottom of your bracket and working on your power to move up. Sure, single-player progression would be the same, but why get farther into the crypt for more crypt tokens if anything you buy with them will increase your br, making you fight equally stronger people?

Also, on top of that problem, there would still be people stronger than everyone else, as I doubt 30 people with reasonably close br could be found for every battleground instance.
      Your right, because guild wars, Class wars, MP dungeons, solo & MP arena, Divine alter and pvp in the wilds are defiantly not motivation enough to get stronger.

Also the BG system goes across ALL Servers not just ours I seriously doubt it would be that hard to find enough players.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      You are. It's clearly on your name.
      Really? You really came back with that? Wow... I... I'm surprised you have the intelligence to read my name. I bet even G.W.Bush. Jr would have went, "Naw, I have to come up with something better than that. I don't want to sound stupid." Go consult with your team of stuffed animal friends and work on it some more before you come back and post again. I don't want to waste anymore material on you. EpicFail!

Next
      Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-01-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• This has been discussed to death. If you didnt even try to read the old threads don't even consider to make this dumb topic again.

And FYI i actually wanted the BR bracket division because i can abuse it more.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• If you fallowed the thread instead of just stating irrelevant opinions you would know my reasons for starting my own thread. What your doing right now is a big part of it.

I will defend my opinion in my own thread. I do not consider my idea original, I do not consider myself any kind of supreme authority on intelligence, and I wont continue to defend my opinion if someone can give me an a sound reason to stop. Telling me its been done to death so I should drop it just don't fit the bill so stop, just stop. A brief look at your post history shows you do nothing but make anything sound worse than it is, the majority are pessimistic and offer no constroctive ideas. Most infact, read like a facebook/twitter troll. I just dont care what your opinion is. Till you have a point to make with relevance, Do not waste my time and that of the other readers and posters.

I don't think you could abuse A BR based system much as you seem to obviously, so I don't know why you even brought it up. So please don't waste more space in my thread explaining, you just make yourself less appealing to converse with. EpicFail

Next
          Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• My opinion on this subject.
            I do not agree. People can abuse this severely. I will face 130k+ people if this happens and I'm only 83k br...
            If you cannot equip anything if you enter bg, it is stupid. Say you got an awesome astral while waiting to do something in bg, you couldn't equip it to improve yourself in bg.
            Say you got a better gem, you can't do anything then to improve in bg. There are many other reasons why that is a bad idea.
            If this ever happens...Watch the forum be flooded saying change it back. This option can be abused so badly to the point no one enters bg and r2 is flooding with tickets and forum ****. They do not want to put up with that. Br can be changed in a second. Not level. This makes it more fair for everyone. I can see your idea clearly but I just don't agree with it. People who don't cash or want to dominate must slow level.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
            I.. I love you like a love song baby...
            And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
            :o:o:o:o

Comment

• Matching by BR will make this far worse than it is now. Get a 100k BR person to strip to make it in the lower BR brackets. Then have them put there gear on and then crush everyone in that BG. It be far more whines on the thread than there is now about how the system is totally broken. The way it is now is perfectly fine. Learn to deal with it. Once you are LD you don't even have to do BG anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                Once you are LD you don't even have to do BG anymore.
                events bg kills

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                  events bg kills
                  For 3 days you can deal with it for a bit? Get to the 74-80 bracket and you won't have to worry so much about dryad bombers. That way you lose your LD but can get it back in one attack usually. For me im vip 8. Most of the time i lose only 3 honor. Since most of the people in the BG bracket are also LD. Events are once a month only and are only 3 or so days long. Im sure you can deal with it for 3 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                    For 3 days you can deal with it for a bit? Get to the 74-80 bracket and you won't have to worry so much about dryad bombers. That way you lose your LD but can get it back in one attack usually. For me im vip 8. Most of the time i lose only 3 honor. Since most of the people in the BG bracket are also LD. Events are once a month only and are only 3 or so days long. Im sure you can deal with it for 3 days.
                    was just saying :P not all have LD on 74+ and not all vip 8 so it can become troublesome..

Comment

• Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
                      I do not agree. People can abuse this severely. I will face 130k+ people if this happens and I'm only 83k br...
                      If BG groups were based on BR that means you fight people within say a 5k brackets (1-5000/5001-10000 etc) till 50k say than 10k ranks till 100k. This is just an example.

Originally posted by Skiaxia View Post
                      If you cannot equip anything if you enter bg, it is stupid. Say you got an awesome astral while waiting to do something in bg, you couldn't equip it to improve yourself in bg.
                      No ones saying you cannot, people are saying they will unequip everything to lower their BR to get into lower BG's I say let them. Tone down to my level and see how well their stun helps when they gimped their attack and defense to fight me. Once you click to enter the battle though whatever you are equiped with is locked though.

Originally posted by Skiaxia View Post
                      Say you got a better gem, you can't do anything then to improve in bg. There are many other reasons why that is a bad idea.
                      I'm leaving this space in case you edit your statement because I have no idea what you mean by this.

Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
                      If this ever happens...Watch the forum be flooded saying change it back. This option can be abused so badly to the point no one enters bg and r2 is flooding with tickets and forum ****. They do not want to put up with that. Br can be changed in a second. Not level. This makes it more fair for everyone. I can see your idea clearly but I just don't agree with it. People who don't cash or want to dominate must slow level.
                      if your cashing for advantages and leveling at a faster pace. how will slow leveling help me catch up and dominate exactly? How many new players joined this game realized they wont get any honer beyond the lock out from going below crusader and just quit. I admit probably not as much as I may sound by this statement, though that just leaves another question. How many of those players might have been cash players if they could actually fight for honer against people thy have a chance to kill.

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      Matching by BR will make this far worse than it is now. Get a 100k BR person to strip to make it in the lower BR brackets. Then have them put there gear on and then crush everyone in that BG. It be far more whines on the thread than there is now about how the system is totally broken. The way it is now is perfectly fine. Learn to deal with it. Once you are LD you don't even have to do BG anymore.
                      Did you even read the thread. I already pointed out that on entering you would need to lock the equipment you have or don't down. No even entering the inventory or slyph menus, no changing your runes. Essentially only your spells would be changeable. Really wanna know who actually has the most advantage in a level based system? The lowest players that DON'T level. They just BG, blow there gold on astrals. Picture the highest level, lowest bracket player who has level 9 gems, and level 9 attack and hp red astrals. Who in his bracket could possibly touch him/her?
                      Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-01-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• ok i so i remove my gear go into 30k br bracket and then my templars kill all the 30k br?sure no problem

Comment

• Matching based on some sort of ELO system might make sense and make the game more enjoyable.

Matching based on Battle Rating makes absolutely no sense since Battle Rating isn't a true measure of strength. It would encourage everyone to be absolutely terrible for their level and it would hand out Lord Divine medals to the worst players imaginable while all the strong characters would be utterly crushed.

I'm already thinking of how to optimize a character for that insane system.

Step 1, level to 80.
                          Step 2, farm PvE 30 armor. For god's sake, don't enchant it. Don't socket any gems either. Well, maybe Charisma.
                          Step 3, quit your guild. You definitely don't want to have any guild skills.
                          Step 4, equip these astrals:
                          Enhanced Will Destroyer, Enhanced Reflection, Aegis Major, Enhanced Illusion, Enhanced Guardian Angel, Refined Blessed Health. I know, that's only 6 astrals.
                          Step 5, reset your skills and make sure you don't add any passives that actually increase your stats.
                          Step 6, reset your sylph stats and add everything into Intelligence (or Strength) so your sylph adds as little as possible to your stats.

Oh and curse the day you ever bought yourself a mount...

Seriously... need I go on...
                          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• Just saying NEXT each time is making you look pretty silly when you just selectively reply.
                            It's really becoming quite funny how you (think you) negate part of an argument and then go on as if the entire argument is negated. This really is the last time I'm gonna even comment on what you post, cause there really is no discussing with you. You gloss over anything you can't negate and what you do try to negate is done poorly, yet you think you're doing a great job (sorry to burst your bubble).
                            1. Just because only people come on the forum to complain doesn't mean that you aren't a minority, there are thousands and thousands of people playing wartune, yet only a few complain. Being a loud minority doesn't make you right, the silent majority seems to think everything is good as it is or you'd see a lot more people complaining. And even if you were a majority, that still doesn't necessarily make you right, but lets not get into that discussion as this is not the case. You belong to a very loud and persistent minority, period.
                              As you might have noticed even, more and more people that disagree with you seem to be finding their way to this topic. So there aren't only people that want things changed. People are even bothering to post to keep things the way they are, which happens far less often than people posting to complain.
                            2. I never said change shouldn't happen, please read what I say properly before spouting nonsense, you're making yourself look bad. You even quoted it in your post and still manage to disregard (over) half the sentence. You still haven't given a good reason to change things (no a bunch of people making thread upon thread is not a good reason in itself when what they say isn't correct) nor have you provided a workable alternative (as i said, you're looking to change the entire equipment, sylph, ... br ratings just to try and make your way work). So your entire argument about the dark ages is again entirely besides the point, just as half what you're saying. So you might be able to go on and on, but it doesn't help your case as you're talking besides the point.
                            3. As Nk412 pointed out, filling entire bg's could prove quite troublesome depending on how wide you would make bg br brackets. Yes there are quite a few people playing Wartune cross server, but similar br people aren't all joining bg's at the same time. So you could be stuck in a half empty or worse bg. Good for carters, but it's BATTLEGROUND, not cartville, as i said before. The point is to battle each other, which is kind of hard with almost no people in it.
                            4. I've shown you clearly how a br system could be "abused", it's why you then suggested to change all that stuff about how equipment, sylph, ... br should be calculated. Yet now you dare claim that there's really no way to abuse it?
                            5. Why wouldn't you be allowed to change your runes? They're essentially like spells and also don't change your br whatsoever. Or do you not actually mean runes, but maybe astrals?

Big kuddos to everything MolochMage said btw, there would just be other people that would utterly crush you. There are plenty of people with alts. I can see quite a few people making an alt purely for this new bg to go mess with people the way MolochMage suggests.

Another 30 minutes of my life wasted, but I see it as charity earning me good karma and shizz. Educating the uneducated is a civic duty.
                            Last edited by Atomslaya; 02-01-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• @EpicFail
                              If your cashing a good amount, no need to slow level. SLow leveling helps the people who don't have cash to ahve an advantage in bg.
                              This discussion of BR based bg will be exploited 100% It will destroy game values and hard work. This is my opinion and many others agree as well this is a bad idea to go too. The gem thing was a little example of a situation.
                              DO you even see the scenarios that will happen that people post on here?
                              And, "How many new players joined this game realized they wont get any honer beyond the lock out from going below crusader and just quit." *** does that mean?
                              Slow level = Chance to kill without cashing.

I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                              And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                              :o:o:o:o

Comment

• BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT. The battlegrounds are the fairest I have ever seen them.

If you have an honor level you can't keep, then you don't DESERVE to have that honor level.

What do people expect when they stall their characters development JUST to gain LD honor level. You should have to put some effort into getting it, not just camp, and then even more effort to hold onto it.

As for a BG by BR I can give you 1 good reason why it won't work.
                                Look at your x-server rankings and tell me how your going to split the top 100 into BR groups. While at the same time keeping enough people in EVERY battleground time.

In my x-server the No.1 player is 20k BR higher than the 9th placed player. And 6 of the top 8 players are naked for ToK NM help, so the difference is actually greater when they fully equip the gear
                                So how do you suggest to divide the BR ranks, when 20k BR only encompasses 8 players in my time zone? Follow that logic and you still get 100k+ facing 80k BR players.

Comment

Working...
                                X