Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balbagg
    started a poll The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

No voting available
    25.00%
    No voting available
    75.00%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    is there any chance of reducing the levels in battlegrounds? say along the lines of the armour classes 50-55... 56-61. theres really no joy at lvl 51 in a battlefront where most other players are high 50's or 60's. I totally except that the reverse is true and the higher levels like nothing more than rolling over newbies for 20 mins although some do seem to prefer the challenge of players their own level but these do seem a minority of players
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-12-2014, 06:32 AM. Reason: Title edit after merging.

• Scyris
    replied
    To prevent them from just taking gear off then putting it back on, have the server check every time honor, or points are lost or gained, what the players br's were, if someone is more than say 2k higher than the average autokick with no rewards and the 5 min awol debuff. this should pretty much fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Caballero1321
    replied
    Originally posted by Scyris View Post
    Am I the only one who is sick of being spawn camped by cowards with 2-3 times my br who are to much of a bunch of pansies to actually fight someone who can fight back? I think BR needs to be made far eaiser to get, it shouldn't take 5 months to hit like 40k br especally with how **** of a game wartune is gameplay wise, you could play a real mmo and have some really good stuff in less time than that. I mean wartune is a pretty **** game when you look at it gameplay wise, especally 40 or 50+ when all pvp becomes all about how much real money you've thrown into your mount/slyph and not any real player skill. I am a fan of more balanced pvp, Where people are matched properly, As wartune has shown matching by level does not work, when cashers have way higher br than they should for their levels. I think people should be matched to stuff for pvp based on their br and not levels, if someone is lv 39 with 40k br, they should be fighting others with 40k BR, not in a BG with people with an average BR of like 12k. Or BR needs to be capped, so you cannot go past say, 20k br by lv 39.
    This way such lvl. 39 40k BR would end up with 40k lvl. 60's or 70's. He would be the one who would be spawn killed.
    I got 40k BR in around 2-3 months, but it was a year ago and gathering BR was a way harder those days. Don't forget, while camping on every level range you once reach the moment where every little gain of BR takes a really long time. Then, you should move on to the next level range and gather new equipment, which would give you a few extra thousands of BR points.

I think BG/3v3 arena needs to match by average BR, and not just by level, this way the cowards will actually have to fight people who can fight back (In bg) and in 3v3 arena you can actually have a decent fight insted,of it being a 1 sided thing more often than not, most 3v3 arena fights go like this: 1 side just dominates the other side, with the losing side not having any chance what so ever, due to how it ignores BR when matching.
    Again, problem with being permamently stunned, then your enemies use sylphs and you're doomed. I often meet some 150-160k+ guys in 3 vs. 3 or BG, but what can I do about it? They cashed a lot more and camped for a lnger time (on lvl. 80 :P).

Pvp in Wartune is pretty crappy due to how it setup and it gets worse, Most noticably at 50+ when it becomes all about the Slyph and how much real life money you threw into it more than anything. Though mounts at 40 are pretty much as bad, when you can just throw rl money at the game for a massive boost.
    I agree that since sylphs were introduced, cashers (the ones who got orange or nearly orange sylphs with maxed aptitudes) got a way to overpower the rest. In 3 vs. 3 arena we can do nothing to the 150-160k enemy with orange Apollo who 1-shots us with +50% bonus (deals around 140-160k dmg with delphic).
    But after all, it's pay-to-win game. Do you expect devs and publishers to give the same chances to people who pay and who didn't spent a penny?

All in all, I think wartune needs some changes, br needs to not take so long to get, same for gear, especally gear actually, the dev who though 200 crystaloids for 1 lv 50 piece of gear is a moron on crack is about all I can say about that person, no sane person would toss out a number like that with how **** the drop rate for them is, and it takes forever to get skeleton keys without throwing rl money at them.
    Complaining about how long it takes to gather 50 gear? Gathering 50 gear is like a blink of an eye compared to gatherin 70 gear, where you can't do any key runs and need 400 crystalloids per piece. The synth materials needed for certain gears is really nicely adjusted.

How do you guys find it fun sitting at the same level for months just to have a somewhat decent chance vs people your own lv? I personally find it quite annoying. I also need to know how boring your life is to actually sit around that long playing a flash based mmorpg locking yourself to a low level. I mean I find pvp no fun in wartune due to how brokenly unbalanced it is due to it being by level and not by BR.
    I've been sitting on 80 for a while. I agree it's a bit boring, but with the new mpd and the new set it became less boring. I hit lvl. 80 right after 80 mpd patch, so I still enjoy upgrading my talents, as well.
    Sitting for ages on low level harms your character. A friend who started in November is 84k BR now without having spent a penny on the game. He hit level 60 with around 45k BR and then he started gathering the 60 set, working on talents and later on honor rank. He's close to IC and he's really enjoying the game at the moment. He's hit lvl. 70 some weeks ago and is running daily LL NM and gathering loids for 70 set. You don't need to camp to become strong. As long as you can do next level mpd, you shouldn't camp. After all, you'll get the same BR as campers, but you'll get it on some higher level. Don't forget about extra astral slot every 10 levels - that also helps a lot.

Now I'd not mind the time taken to get gear if it was actually ya know.. any fun, insted of just repeating the same boring **** day after day for months. There just isin't much to do in wartune that doesn't just revolve around throwing rl money at it. I haven't seen ONE actual new feature that cannot be pay2wined with balens. Since the game came out. Ihavem't played that long but i;ve checked patch notes, pretty much eveyr new feature is just a way for them to scam more money out of you and alienate the playerbase even more. Hell every event almost ALWAYS seems to be based around you having to spend a ton of balens to get some reward.
    This is pay-to-win game. What else would you expect?

Most people quit Wartune around level 50, because by then they relize if they don't spend 6 months or more locked at one level or thousands of rl dollars they just can't have much fun with the game and its various systems.
    That's their problem, because they totally misunderstood how this games works. I suppose they were hard campers, who after having hit lvl. 50 realised how much they lost not working on their resistances and their sylphs, and that even new-comers who don't spend a cent, but hit higher levels not to lose any feature of the game are overpowering them.

One last thing: if your going to make it takes months to up battle rating/get stronger, AT LEAST allow us to toggle exp gain off, SO we will not earn exp till we turn it back on, since that seems to be what the game is all about.

Just a few things from a Concerned Player. Most people who are too blind to see the games problems will probally just call me a whiner, insted of actually reading this and then noticing what I am saying is pretty damn spot on.
    As explained earlier - while camping on lower levels you lose many crucial features of the game, what makes you stay way behind the ones who hit higher levels earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    i have lord divine and enter 2 kills
    yesterday was my first day and i almost failed it

i am so accustomed to being strong in 50s bg and attacking anyone
    i attacked a 90k br knight

thankfully i blocked all his attacks and killed him before he could finish me

only had 500 hp left, that could of ended really badly

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
    Here is my strategy for BG: Get Lord Divine, never enter again after.
    nah, i still enter BG even after i got LD and no VIP. I just entered at 19th minutes 50+ second, and afk for 5 mins in spawn.

Leave a comment:

• Eskendal
    replied
    Here is my strategy for BG: Get Lord Divine, never enter again after.

Leave a comment:

• CrizzyB
    replied
    There should be a blue-line like in hockey. Once you cross that curve for the other persons camp, automatically you get 50% less honor.
    There should be a reduction for dryad bombers. If you have dryads and you initiate the attack, 50% less honor.
    There should be a reduction for attacking a person before they cart (hate the people that do it 1-2 seconds early...just as person is grabbing cart). If you attack person in a middle zone without cart, 50% less honor.

Or even this....a one way path from the spawn area to the carting zone. Enemies can't enter. They can only attack you on your way out.

In short, set up a zoning system so that people who are carting are less likely to be killed before they cart, spawn camping is not rewarded, dryad bombing is not rewarded, and people can still farm honor.
    Yes, I know it's illogical to think this would happen, but this is just a basic idea of how to make it better for all people.

Leave a comment:

• Belhor1993
    replied
    Such matching will be stupid. Players will get naked and when they enter in battleground they will dress up.

Leave a comment:

• Brutal_Hobo
    replied
    br???

so 20% dryad will give anybody the right to beat anyone

gr8 idea you got there

Leave a comment:

• akisakura
    replied
    Indeed, the bg's atm seems alright (at least under 70). Even with the chances to match a higher bracket i.e: 45-54 for a lvl 45 player, 50-59 , etc, seems still fine and I do understand those changes were made due to level campers (i am one too).
    As in bg, there is a way to play it too: nice or not nice. If you are greedy for kills and you keep harassing same person over and over again (along with others) then you might expect a dryad bomber soon that would rip off a big chunk of honor outta you.
    So playing nice, or better say wise,keeping an eye on chat to see who killed who, who goes on w/e being killed, etc, is a good strategy not to find yourself in deep shait later and complain on forums about dryad buff.
    Some ppl tend to ignore the fact that they create that buff. If they would let the lower/weaker player to get a kill too from time to time they would spare themselves of alot of pain later. But ppl are greedy and risk to loose -400 honor in a fight and finish bg with 200 honor or even less rather than 800.
    Is a common desire to cap honor (3k ) in a bg. When is duable is duable (I did it too) but not when you play reckless.

Inspect players, see who is top "dawg" in that bg, presume he has better honor rank than you (so if he kills you you should loose 10 honor if u are atked), avoid him if possible not to loose time. Never grief same person over and over again, keep an eye on surroundings and see who is overkilled and possible dryad'ed and start avoiding. Is better to finish decent 500 honor rather than loosing honor, as at the end of the day it builds up.

I am f2p player, knight (and by f2p i mean 0$), and I am lvl 57 with 80k br. My bg's are horror (high 90k br players most mages with full heal spec and iris with rain dance). Also alot of high br players with very very low honor title (i am HC close to IC). The only thing that save me not to finish bg's on minus is the fact that I keep my head down, never use harsh language, cart and fight if atked. I clear spawn zone of spawn campers (i dislike those) and from time to time I kill a random player, then cart again. I always let ppl get cart. I tend to play non-agressive and on the long run pays off more. You wont see me rage or complain.

Just my 2c

PS: A word of wisdom: Pvp balance brings no money. Classes balance brings no money. Balance it itself brings no money. Is in players hands/choice to achieve some sort of balance by using what it was given to him.
    So lets stop try to discuss it or desire it. Won't happen'.
    Last edited by akisakura; 05-14-2014, 03:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CrizzyB
    replied
    1) The game doesn't have to cater to you wanting to level very fast and still do awesome in BG. If you enjoy BG, then slow level and have fun with it in the lower levels. Then you can get L.D. medallion and stand a chance of competing more at higher levels.
    2) If you enjoy the PVE element, then by all means level fast and focus on that aspect. But understand you are trading off PVP success.

You get a free car to enjoy and see the world. You can be happy with this, make it yours, take care of it and enjoy life and countless adventures. Or you can screw it up, run it into the ground, and whine that it's because you don't drive as fast as people who buy a Ferrari and that life isn't fair. Life isn't going to cater to your demands, nor will a company that is here to make actual money. They give you a free platform where you can have months of fun...for free! Perhaps one day a software company will make a great game out of the goodness of their heart and not try to generate decent revenue to pay their employees for the design and maintenance. I'm sorry you can't challenge people at level 65 or 75 who spend lots of money. Neither can I. But I won't constantly blame Wartune for this. I will enjoy the parts of the game that I can and I will simply complain about Wartune's bad math and screwy descriptions.

Leave a comment:

• kimwong
    replied
    so according to your logic, BG should be separated by honor rank but not BR

then campers will complain they face lvl 80 in BG, low BR but high honor will complain they always get hunted in BG

I really don't think there is any problem with BG by lvl

Leave a comment:

• EIIenora
    replied
    there is much that can get wrong with sorting bg by br and the game would have to change a lot. biggest issues would be, no VIP player wouldn't have a chance with all the honor loss and thus we would have a lot of unhappy players again.

honestly, the game gets boring fast, my server is not even a year old and people are leaving the game constantly. level 80 is fast to reach and when you reach level 80 what then? I am slow leveling as I can skip things to do in Wartune and reduce my gaming time and I quit enjoy that I don't have to struggle in bg, group arena and during my mpd run. the things to do in Wartune don't really change much when you are high level, so I enjoy beeing strong for my level while I can.
    Last edited by EIIenora; 05-14-2014, 03:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• akisakura
    replied
    I am a fan of balanced pvp in any game (and also a more than casual pvp'er too) and I agree that pvp aspect in WT is flawed, but:
    After I got the facts right and realised that this game is:
    -browser game (hint*take your time, no need to rush)
    -p2w pvp (competition is $ based)
    then I started to find ways to play it without complaining too much about things that will never change. I looked for other ways to enjoy the game.
    -I take my time and never rush to lvl. If so many players complain about those "campers" there with too much br for their lvl, then they might think that they are doing it wrong. Is a browser game! This imply time sink , or, if you wanna skip the time sink, use money.Plain and simple.
    -I manage all events I do wisely and calculate what is worth it and ignore the ones that give too much xp vs rewards.

Is a game of patience mate. If you lack it or you burn to rush, you can do it but that comes with consequences. F2P players have no chance to enjoy the game unless they spend time and take it easy so they become at least half competitive at least under 60. After lvl 65 is pretty much game over pvp regardless for every F2p. And pvp aspect is important part of game (arenas, battlegrounds, guild battles, and so much more). Skipping it would make you skip half of game (pointless). Not skipping it and being weak makes you dislike the game. If you can afford to pay, do it and have fun with it. If you don't afford, take your time and play it wise.

PS: no, bg's cannot be BR based because would cause even more problems than fixings (HS, other talents, etc).If a lvl 50 player with 40k br and maxed HS is matched against a lvl <50 player, the 49 player is dead anyway. And even more, the anti-classes wont stand a chance against eachother if they are similar br. The bg's must be lvl based and if you rush without meeting the requirements means that you support the consequences. Is like playing a shooter without ammo or gun and request to stand a chance.
    Last edited by akisakura; 05-14-2014, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zirvrith
    replied
    This game isn't for you. Please leave and never come back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X