[Patch Notes] 1/8 Server Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LadyJo View Post
    I'd also like.. If a Moderator or GM sees this, I'd like to ask the same thing Kitty said previously. Instead of the drops being red even if you killed it; could it be normal? Like.. You kill it, so you should be the only one to claim it. (Unless you get killed by someone else and steals your drops ~ don't mind that xD).
    That's all and thank you
    You made the point right in your comment why the drops are red. If you kill the boss, then someone kills you, then someone kills that person, etc etc, then shouldnt that person also be entitled to something? The reason that they are red is because it IS a PvP area, where it is winner take all (or as much as they can before you come back in grab a few drops and then kill them back) If you were able to pick up all of the drops and you spammed your space bar then you would pick everything up before anyone could kill you. Because it is a PvP area it has been made fair to the rights where you don't just fight over the boss, but then you also have to fight over the drops as well. That is part of the fun of it.

And I know what the response to this is going to be. Make the loot green for the boss killer, then if someone kills that person then it would turn green for them as well, and so on and so on. The coding for this would be INSANE and totally not even plausible.

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazingAngel View Post
      You made the point right in your comment why the drops are red. If you kill the boss, then someone kills you, then someone kills that person, etc etc, then shouldnt that person also be entitled to something? The reason that they are red is because it IS a PvP area, where it is winner take all (or as much as they can before you come back in grab a few drops and then kill them back) If you were able to pick up all of the drops and you spammed your space bar then you would pick everything up before anyone could kill you. Because it is a PvP area it has been made fair to the rights where you don't just fight over the boss, but then you also have to fight over the drops as well. That is part of the fun of it.

And I know what the response to this is going to be. Make the loot green for the boss killer, then if someone kills that person then it would turn green for them as well, and so on and so on. The coding for this would be INSANE and totally not even plausible.
      Nahh, the drops should still the same colour, you did make a fair point.. Just looking out for disadvantages and advantages for the event, could be fixed a little.. Such as, would be pretty fair for all classes if the rogues didn't get to cloak inside. Seeing as they can cloak and pick things up without fighting for it, and not all mages from all servers have such great hit (%) to get them out of stealthing, same with priests and even some rangers. Or limit the usage in the boss area to at least 1 cloak each time you're inside (Not including shadow strike - It being a skill that can inflict damage to an opponent)
      I won't mind if you can't do it, nor if you think this is crazy, i'm up for some harsh critiscm xD
      Server: (S73)Green Plains
      IGN: (S73)Aura
      Level: 180 eido
      Class: Rogue
      Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
      Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

• Let's not forget that The Nether is a PvP event, so limiting any class would scathe the essence of the event. I have however forwarded the idea of splitting the event up into level ranges to hopefully weigh out the competition a bit. Though it is not a guaranteed change, it is something the team will discuss and consider.
        Last edited by Reverie; 01-14-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• I agree with reverie. Limiting a classes ability is kind of cheating honestly. And the way the drops are setup is perfect. If boss loots only went to the one who killed it then where's the competition? Makes it more fair for the other players to be able to kill and fight over the loot until it turns white. More fun and fair that way
          💎Crystal Saga💎
          ☆Game Name: (s61)kanyo™
          ☆Death Tank
          ☆PvP King at your service
          ☆Class:Knight
          Upgrading a system and seeing the new *look* it gives is one of the best feelings huh? 😅

“You’re more important than my sword. …But just a little.”
          — Angeal (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

Comment

• i think that wuld be gd at least a step
            Last edited by DA005; 01-14-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reverie View Post
              Let's not forget that The Nether is a PvP event, so limiting any class would scathe the essence of the event. I have however forwarded the idea of splitting the event up into level ranges to hopefully weigh out the competition a bit. Though it is not a guaranteed change, it is something the team will discuss and consider.
              That sounds good and Yeah, i do understand the situation and you are right about limiting the classes. It was just a few pointers i thought would help but, it did have flaws to them, thanks for pointing it out And Kanyo that is true, but ii've seen a few rogues cheating using their class skills which is a little sucky that's all. It was a point and a point that failed xD Good luck on killing peepz and it is fun killing for loot.. Sadly the server is a little dead when it comes to pvping in there...
              Server: (S73)Green Plains
              IGN: (S73)Aura
              Level: 180 eido
              Class: Rogue
              Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
              Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

Working...
              X