No announcement yet.

[Guide] Vidalian Legends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the part that is unfair isn't that people can use those skills, log out, then have them in the arena, but the part where they then don't wear off inside said arena. There is a simple (to see, possibly not to implement) fix for that too- have those buffs wear off on the bot after however long is left on them when the player logs off passes in the arena.

That would mean if someone logged off with 2 seconds on vagabond, 5 minutes on priest buffs, and 20 minutes on their blessing the bot would lose the extra dodge after 2 seconds, the extra stats after 5 minutes, and the blessing after 20 minutes. Then they would still have all the skills, and they would be available, it just wouldn't basically be a god mode cheat.

Comment

The problem with that is that the "bot" is essentially a clone of the actual character, and holds all character stats at that time. It would not be possible for them to put a countdown on the clone without it happening on the actual toon. So... if they made the countdowns apply, then what about blessings? You pay for those? Do you think that it would be fair for you to pay your charm for something and then lose it even though you paid for it and didn't get to utilize it for the time that you bought it for? I mean, sure I understand saying that the countdown would still work, but that would be total and absolute. If you put elixers on then had to log out, would you want those to run down too? I see where all of this is coming from, as I do not have a toon that can get anywhere near 1st place on my server. And it sucks to not be able to beat toons that I normally could. But the solution has to be a reasonable one that would not mess with normal gameplay.

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Comment

why not make a npc/real arena and a timer say 1-8 hrs or w/e and non participation (such as someone getting first and leaving) will lose a rank every 5-10 mins (or if a Hour event will lose rank every minute for not defending or staying in arena to be challenged) that way its real ppl fighting for rank and buffs will not stay or some sort along these lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Aionyx View Post
          why not make a npc/real arena and a timer say 1-8 hrs or w/e and non participation (such as someone getting first and leaving) will lose a rank every 5-10 mins (or if a Hour event will lose rank every minute for not defending or staying in arena to be challenged) that way its real ppl fighting for rank and buffs will not stay or some sort along these lines?
          Because people have to sleep and do other stuff in real life and can't be there 24/7 LOL. Also the event is on at different times for different people, like for me it ends at 11pm and for my friend its on a midnight, for others its even later.
          Last edited by Apoloymi; 05-19-2014, 09:28 AM.
          APOLOYMI
          MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
          LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
          (S44)PSYCHODELICA
          GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

The most simple solution from what I think is, Remove all the buff when entering, both the bot and the player, basically it's just like entering blessed bath, except that you can use your skills inside, shouldn't be too hard to make something like this I think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Botolminum View Post
              The most simple solution from what I think is, Remove all the buff when entering, both the bot and the player, basically it's just like entering blessed bath, except that you can use your skills inside, shouldn't be too hard to make something like this I think ?
              Problem with that is it would require removing the buff that is already on the toon it is cloning. If your toon has the buff your clone WILL also have the buffs. I do not think they c an remove the buff off the clone if the main has them, as the clone is an exact copy of your toon at that moment in time. The event is suppose to be challenging, it would be pointless event if they made it easy -__-
              APOLOYMI

(S44)PSYCHODELICA
              GEN3 KYUBI

Comment

so much single out for rogues ._. complain here and there.. every where.. let both clone and player who challenge the clone use only default attack.. no skills at all, just default ;-; fair enough? to those "B" who think they were thinking fair for single out rogues without even thinking others like knights their AB, priest for Blessing (i dont know what the name of that skill though), ranger for the ring that make them so likely invisible (if i spell it correctly) and mages for buffs (same, i dont know what it called rofl)

----
                Lvl 60+ mortal rogue was challenged by scions lvl 50+ and still, clone get out victorious.. rofl :P

----
                just live with it.. :P
                Last edited by cutekono; 05-19-2014, 08:09 AM.
                “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."
                ― Mahatma Gandhi

"Don't let the same dog bite you twice."
                ― Chuck Barry

Comment

Originally posted by cutekono View Post
                  so much single out for rogues ._. complain here and there.. every where.. let both clone and player who challenge the clone use only default attack.. no skills at all, just default ;-; fair enough? to those "B" who think they were thinking fair for single out rogues without even thinking others like knights their AB, priest for Blessing (i dont know what the name of that skill though), ranger for the ring that make them so likely invisible (if i spell it correctly) and mages for buffs (same, i dont know what it called rofl)

----
                  Lvl 60+ mortal rogue was challenged by scions lvl 50+ and still, clone get out victorious.. rofl :P

----
                  just live with it.. :P

same here.. it took them 3 to 4 attempts just to finally kill my clone.. im mortal rogue too =)))) bwahahahah

Comment

I really don't know why people are singling out Rouges with this event to be honest. It is not a Rouge dominated event at all, I am the only Rouge in the top 5 on my server all the rest are Knights or Rangers.
                    APOLOYMI

(S44)PSYCHODELICA
                    GEN3 KYUBI

Comment

Originally posted by Apoloymi View Post
                      I really don't know why people are singling out Rouges with this event to be honest. It is not a Rouge dominated event at all, I am the only Rouge in the top 5 on my server all the rest are Knights or Rangers.
                      This is true about knights and rangers. Just wait until the majority of the server figures out that knights need to have an increase in cool down in some skills. Too Op at the moment if you ask me.
                      Originally posted by Dr.Q
                      Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by BlazingAngel View Post
                        The problem with that is that the "bot" is essentially a clone of the actual character, and holds all character stats at that time. It would not be possible for them to put a countdown on the clone without it happening on the actual toon. So... if they made the countdowns apply, then what about blessings? You pay for those? Do you think that it would be fair for you to pay your charm for something and then lose it even though you paid for it and didn't get to utilize it for the time that you bought it for? I mean, sure I understand saying that the countdown would still work, but that would be total and absolute. If you put elixers on then had to log out, would you want those to run down too? I see where all of this is coming from, as I do not have a toon that can get anywhere near 1st place on my server. And it sucks to not be able to beat toons that I normally could. But the solution has to be a reasonable one that would not mess with normal gameplay.
                        It seems to me that the clone should be a copy of a player character's entry in the character database at the time of you being challenged, after that it would be a separate entity in the memory of the server, completely independent of the player character, it would not be written back to the player character's entries in any of the databases, it will be purged when that instance of Vidalian Legends is over. It basically has to be a separate entity, after all, the clone may be stunned, cursed or have other negative afflictions applied without the player character being similarly afflicted.

It shares some likenesses with how you can have many parties doing the same dungeon without their actions affecting each other, when the party enters, a new instance of that dungeon is generated, and the monsters in that instance is separate from the monsters of another party's instances, when the last party member leaves, that instance is purged from the server memory without affecting any other instance or being written to the dungeon template. Essentially, the clone is like any normal monster, except it's stats was based on the stats entries in player database and not some monster template.

The problem people are complaining about seems to be that the clone entity does not have removal of buffs and such, that the player character had when the clone was made, actually applied to it's stats. Doing that would not necessitate that an off-line character would experience things timing out, as the clone is a separate entity and no effect afflicting the clone is written back to the character databases(the only thing that is updated is the player's standing in V.L.).

Comment

still the bots are too [brainless].. they don't use anything in afk or default the just chase around until they catch,all a ranger has to do is sleep/SS run til they can sleep/SS again... gtfo i think that u should get a message ur being challenged and actually choose to Fight or not by declining u'd lose by default, set some timer that way ppl know to be on during it.... that solve alot of thngs especially a DUMB bot that can't fight...
                          Last edited by Reverie; 05-19-2014, 04:16 PM. Reason: Replaced inappropriate word.

Comment

Ok so, buffs do in fact wear off on your AI given enough time... they are not infinite they simply start the match with the same amount of time left on the buff as was shown on the actual player prior to log out etc (I have tested to see if this was true or not several times.) The stats you see on a players status card are not necessarily the same as what the AI has due to the fact that buffs can in fact wear off on the AI, the stat card is different for the actual player and the AI as they are separate entities (ever notice how the AI's health bar goes down but the players stat card remains unchanged?) Yes it is quite possible to shadow strike infinitely to kill a target which does not have a skill such as fight on or a seal of silence but then again so is running and rooting the AI in order to prevent it from attacking all together. There are some serious flaws yes. Just as the event is biased towards those that can be online during the time when it is close to its end due to players repeatedly fighting for placement of top 10 etc.

Comment

I was Wondering about the glitch where rogues can just stealth in Legends map after time runs out, and then kill the person in first to get a certain win. Will that be fixed? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvantia View Post
                                I was Wondering about the glitch where rogues can just stealth in Legends map after time runs out, and then kill the person in first to get a certain win. Will that be fixed? =)
                                If you are willing to report Rouges using skills, then also Report the skills the others Class's that can use too. Cloak, Fight On, Goddess Embrace etc dont just single out Rouges -__- getting really annoying now people doing that.
                                APOLOYMI

(S44)PSYCHODELICA
                                GEN3 KYUBI

Comment

Working...
                                X