Are you satisfied? Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you satisfied? Part 2

Note: Before reading this article, I strongly advise taking part in the poll created by Doragontenma and leaving any comments there. You can find this post at http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-You-Satisfied

Continuing on, now. Supposing most of you took the effort to take part in the poll, we can safely continue knowing that most of you know what this is about.
    This is about our voice..our opinion. It's time for the community of Crystal Saga to pitch in and have there say, as I will be enforcing many ideas and hope that we get feedback about what type of gameplay you would like for your style of MMORPG. So far, the gameplay is pretty straight forward. It looks something like this:

Mortal, must get 80.
    Scion, woohoo on my way to 100.
    Eidolon, One more time just for kicks?

Honestly. Are you satisfied with this? Because I'm sure not. Making us level 280 times dosn't make this game virtually more interesting or have more impact. Levelling is the main part of this game, you know. EVERYONE wants to level up. But why would we? Level 100 scion vs Level 100 eidolon. Scion is spending about 100$ per month...it's obvious who wins the battle. And unless your Doragontenma, yeah, the scion trashes.

Pets

Moving forward from levelling, let's have a look at gameplay. So first off, we can tame pets. That's pretty awesome in my opinion, I was really excited about that one. Until....until I found out the cashers can buy a gen 5 demon king and pretty much knock us out in one go. It seems to make the work we put in pointless. Now I know that non-cashers can achieve this too, but not if you don't have persevernece and are willing to get ticked off at the ammount of tries it takes, as well as how much money you are spending ingame, plus the time quota. So pet's have already been settled. The cash players have got that one in the bag.

Wings

Arn't they just so beautiful? Extravagant, radiant, and colorful? Why yes they are! How do you get wings though?
    At level 20, supposing you followed your main quest line, you are offered a quest which awards you with the Glowing Wings I. When I started the game and saw that quest, I shared the same feelings as most people - the good old "YIPEE!!" But I soon learnt that wouldn't last long.
    After doing my first dungeon that dropped the Heroic Wings needed to upgrade, I beleived that this was probably one of the best features in the game entirely. With hard work and commitment, I knew I could have my wings at maximum as soon as possible. The fun, however, stops when you have obtained Ultimate Demigod Wings VII, and the next upgrade requires Etheral Wings.
    Etheral wings dont even DROP in ANY dungeon, meaning unless you're winning the crypt often, you have basically no chance - except to come across someone thats selling them. I tell you the thing that upsets me the most is part of this feature. Etheral Wings are sold in the cash shop for 50 Crystals each, and when you consider a top casher: that's pretty much a walk in the park. Another one to the Cashers.

Mounts

Pure and utter epicness. When I hopped on that turtle for the first time, I trotted around screaming swag at the top of my lungs....until this guy flew past me on what is known as a "Hellwing".
    At that point I immediately thought - wow this game is awesome. I took in the fact if I wanted black panther I could simply do my dungeons and upgrade that, and after many upgrades and long work I'd be riding that awesome dragon as well. But soon enough I'd find that it just wasn't that simple.
    At first I got even more excited. Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens? Sounds "Great" to me! But no, they told me. Those don't even drop in dungeons they told me. You better be a willing cash spender or just have your backside glued to your seat rooting for the next extravaganza.
    No probs I thought. I'll save some cash, wait for the event. I'm a pretty pacient woman. I can wait. The first time the Extravaganza came up, I was a happy gal. Unlimited tries, and could go nuts working for my Hellwing. That exchange only lasted a week though, and I didn't get my titan, as I was still understanding the method of gameplay.
    This time when I saw it coming, I was prepared - 15 Platnium saved up, and was reloading the game page eagerly waiting for my moment to upgrade. R2 pulled a trick on me, and made is 5 times per day. That's not even 1 attempt at titan for the WHOLE event period.
    If you don't feel like waiting or opening 230492304923048 alternate accounts, no fear! Spend some cash and that mount is yours. ANOTHER ONE TO THE CASHERS.

Soul

Another way to upgrade the stats they told me. Great bonuses they told me. I honestly thought maybe I would get a fair go here. I was wrong.

Soul shards are purchasable in the item mall. I don't even need to explain any more. Cashers win.

Sperion

AWESOME! ANOTHER way to up my stats and make myself stronger. Oh but how could I forget. I actually memorized the forum post off by heart

"Most sperion items are purchasble in the item mall."

Cool story, bro. Needs more equality. Another to the cashers..

Enchantment

Honestly this is probably the fairest thing in the game. Players can upgrade their gear to higher levels and even have a pretty glowing weapon. You can +13 everything you own if you got some cash, though. Aside the small chance that Dragon Crystals will drop in a selection of Nightmare dungeons, Major enchantment crystals are pretty common now, and in my opinion all enchantment items should be pulled from the Crystal Shop and drop in selected dungeons. Cashers are winning at the moment.

Dragon Hunt

Upon logging on each day, players are awarded with a Green Dragon coin. The rewards are complete garbage, but if you buy VIP each month (Probably the cheapest possible payment in the game) you can receive a Red Dragon coin and usually get some decent rewards from it. Cashers again

The cashers have the main upgrading features in the bag. They have the strongest characters, and dominate in most key areas. So now ask yourself and reply to this thread -

Are you satisfied with how cash revolved this game is?

Stay tuned for part 3.

Thanks to Doragontenma for assisting with this campaign.
    The world is what you make of it

I agree. Too many of the game areas require cash, it would be nice if we could achieve more things just by playing the game

Comment

some areas are easier but some are not and most require cash so its kind of annoying that all the top players are cash users

Comment

Not really true...the soul system doesn't require any cashing, and that's the main way to become stronger. Most of the cashing parts of the game aren't really necessary to be strong, but just a nice addition. I play this game mainly because its enjoyable and does not require cashing to become a good player.
        Crystal Saga
        Server: Whisperwind Beach
        IGN: hei
        Lvl 60+ Eidolon Knight
        Guild: Nightmare
        Honor: Emperor

Wartune
        Server: Tauren Camp
        IGN: Izaya
        Lvl: 45+ Archer
        Guild: Mayhem
        Honor: Elite Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by shinigami_kun View Post
          Not really true...the soul system doesn't require any cashing, and that's the main way to become stronger. Most of the cashing parts of the game aren't really necessary to be strong, but just a nice addition. I play this game mainly because its enjoyable and does not require cashing to become a good player.
          Hi Shinigami_kun,
          Thanks for replying. It's good to see some feedback. True it does not REQUIRE cash, but of course it is encouraged and is an easy shortcut to being a top player. The Goddess System (not mentioned in the post) is actually another significant area that actually REQUIRES cash to continue with it. Could you also please state what you enjoy about the game, as it helps me create future threads.

Comment

I wrote a similar thread once in the suggestions topic. Hopefully yours has more of an impact. I ve been VIP for about half a year and only cashed small, pocketchange type. I pretty much wrote the same things as u. Gmuts and EW should drop in the higher level dungeons . The cash shop should only be an ALTERNATIVE to farming. Like ok, i'm a casual player, let me buy in shop what a hardcore gamer can get by farming. What goes for gmuts and EW goes also for rare pet eggs. We need them as drops. I won't ever cash for a FL pack (80 $) for the slight chance to get one. Hard work and hours of play should be rewarded.

So all the items that are only cash shop items now should exist as drops too. That would solve most of the issues u raised, right? Not obtainable by event or cash only but by simply playing. Who doesn't wanna put so much effort into it goes to cash shop.

edit- the soul system does help the paying players. I'm VIP, i get 8 dungeon runs/day= more PCs. It makes a difference, not huge but it does. The soul development is the only one that doesn't revolve around cash though so i like it. More ways or higher soul shard rewards from ladder would be nice but meh.

We'd also like more game content for scion and eidolon. Mindnumbing afk lvling isn't fun.

Thanks for making the effort of writing these down Krystallize

Comment

I agree with this... Either.. Cash or lose, I would be a casher but like some of the people playing this game I cannot throw money at the game every time there is a new update... I can't just throw away a few hundred dollars here and there.. I am not rich... I know that I may be VIP but this is not lasting long. This is almost all the money I can spare to put into a game nowadays and I am not happy, or satisfied, with the way the game turned out, I too was exited when I got my Glowing Wings I on my very first account... until I had played for a while and saw the amazing message "Zodiac20902 has successfully forged Angel Lord Wings". I then found out you needed Ethereal Wings to obtain these, as he started upgrading I thought it must of been rather easy at the pace he was upgrading them, a week or two later he had Angel Lord Wings +8, another announcement. When I found out that you needed about 150-200 Ethereal Wings to go from Ultimate Demigod Wings VIII to Angel Lord Wings, I was told this by my friends that had these wings, I was devastated because they do not drop in a dungeon like the Heroic Wings do. I am not one to throw money at a game as I cannot afford it, like I have said, so these wings will be obtainable to me after I finally get a bunch of Ethereal Wings from the packs we can get, i.e. Rebirth Pack, Red Dragon Hunt, Crypt Pack and Avernal Pack. After I obtain a lot of wings from these I may finally go for Angel Lord Wings.

Alright, Enough said on wings, Mounts... Now this is a different story... Unless you have a lot of alts or gold you cannot get Gorilla Titan, Gryphon or Hellwing with these new, horrible restrictions on the "Mount Upgrade Token Exchange" Event. This is silly putting a 5 per day limit, I get that R2 might be trying to reduce sale of Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens at a higher price the next week... But why would you put a limit on the event that people have been dying for and saving up ALL their gold for? We cannot even get 1 try at Gorilla Titan (Which is the mount I just got after some dedication). This took me forever to get and a whole heap of Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens... If each upgrade is harder than the previous that means I should take like 2-3 stacks, yes 500-750, Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens for my Hellwing. If they expect us to get that many... Maybe R2 could consider putting them in a dungeon... Even it is just like a rare drop from Pride, for example.

I am not a casher and will probably never be, in this game at least, because it will take me years to obtain enough cash to throw around at games. This is not something I will see happening soon. If Reality Squared people don't help out our non cashers they will lose them soon and the game will be a battle of the wallets of their players. I suggest R2 pick up their act and help benefit us rather than all the cashers... I could go on but I'll leave it there.

Thanks for reading.
              Crystal Saga..............................League of Angels
              .....KidBuu........................................xAbandoned
              .....The Wilterlands (S4)....................Ridge o' Fire (S100)
              .....Rogue.........................................Mage

Comment

Originally posted by xDemise View Post
                I agree with this... Either.. Cash or lose, I would be a casher but like some of the people playing this game I cannot throw money at the game every time there is a new update... I can't just throw away a few hundred dollars here and there.. I am not rich... I know that I may be VIP but this is not lasting long. This is almost all the money I can spare to put into a game nowadays and I am not happy, or satisfied, with the way the game turned out, I too was exited when I got my Glowing Wings I on my very first account... until I had played for a while and saw the amazing message "Zodiac20902 has successfully forged Angel Lord Wings". I then found out you needed Ethereal Wings to obtain these, as he started upgrading I thought it must of been rather easy at the pace he was upgrading them, a week or two later he had Angel Lord Wings +8, another announcement. When I found out that you needed about 150-200 Ethereal Wings to go from Ultimate Demigod Wings VIII to Angel Lord Wings, I was told this by my friends that had these wings, I was devastated because they do not drop in a dungeon like the Heroic Wings do. I am not one to throw money at a game as I cannot afford it, like I have said, so these wings will be obtainable to me after I finally get a bunch of Ethereal Wings from the packs we can get, i.e. Rebirth Pack, Red Dragon Hunt, Crypt Pack and Avernal Pack. After I obtain a lot of wings from these I may finally go for Angel Lord Wings.

Alright, Enough said on wings, Mounts... Now this is a different story... Unless you have a lot of alts or gold you cannot get Gorilla Titan, Gryphon or Hellwing with these new, horrible restrictions on the "Mount Upgrade Token Exchange" Event. This is silly putting a 5 per day limit, I get that R2 might be trying to reduce sale of Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens at a higher price the next week... But why would you put a limit on the event that people have been dying for and saving up ALL their gold for? We cannot even get 1 try at Gorilla Titan (Which is the mount I just got after some dedication). This took me forever to get and a whole heap of Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens... If each upgrade is harder than the previous that means I should take like 2-3 stacks, yes 500-750, Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens for my Hellwing. If they expect us to get that many... Maybe R2 could consider putting them in a dungeon... Even it is just like a rare drop from Pride, for example.

I am not a casher and will probably never be, in this game at least, because it will take me years to obtain enough cash to throw around at games. This is not something I will see happening soon. If Reality Squared people don't help out our non cashers they will lose them soon and the game will be a battle of the wallets of their players. I suggest R2 pick up their act and help benefit us rather than all the cashers... I could go on but I'll leave it there.

Thanks for reading.
                Thanks, Demise. I definetly agree with your post, and hope to see you support us throughout our campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayshah View Post
                  We'd also like more game content for scion and eidolon. Mindnumbing afk lvling isn't fun.
                  I agree with this... Grinding from level 1-100 is getting boring, I suggest you let us redo quests from level 60 or something to help us get a little, although very small kick start in our levelling. Or you could add something for Scion/Eidolon players to better their levelling while grinding, i.e., A higher torch spawn rate, but this is already good enough so I do not mind it. I have personally just grinded the last 24 hours straight and only gained about 45% experience needed for my next level in the whole time..

Comment

I wrote a similar thread once in the suggestions topic. Hopefully yours has more of an impact. I ve been VIP for about half a year and only cashed small, pocketchange type. I pretty much wrote the same things as u. Gmuts and EW should drop in the higher level dungeons . The cash shop should only be an ALTERNATIVE to farming. Like ok, i'm a casual player, let me buy in shop what a hardcore gamer can get by farming. What goes for gmuts and EW goes also for rare pet eggs. We need them as drops. I won't ever cash for a FL pack (80 $) for the slight chance to get one. Hard work and hours of play should be rewarded.

So all the items that are only cash shop items now should exist as drops too. That would solve most of the issues u raised, right? Not obtainable by event or cash only but by simply playing. Who doesn't wanna put so much effort into it goes to cash shop.

edit- the soul system does help the paying players. I'm VIP, i get 8 dungeon runs/day= more PCs. It makes a difference, not huge but it does. The soul development is the only one that doesn't revolve around cash though so i like it. More ways or higher soul shard rewards from ladder would be nice but meh.

Thanks for making the effort of writing these down Krystallize
                    No problem. I hope we can make an impact this time as well. Please stay tuned for more threads and I hope you can support us throughout our suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by xDemise View Post
                      If each upgrade is harder than the previous that means I should take like 2-3 stacks, yes 500-750, Greater Mount Upgrade Tokens for my Hellwing. If they expect us to get that many...
                      I just did some math and found out it took me 468x [Greater Mount Upgrade Token] to get my Gorilla Titan, So this would mean that it would actually take about 1000 or so [Greater Mount Upgrade Token] to get my Hellwing, if I ever get there.

Comment

I just failed GT again with no stars. Stuck at 6 stars after 20+ attempts. This game has more flaws than i can count and tbh i kinda lost interest in it. But happy to support this and come up with suggestions for the players that still actually enjoy it. Newbies still get excited about things (i just met one very recently) and i'd like them to stay happy and enjoy playing. I just hope our feedback will count for a change.

Comment

I just failed GT again with no stars. Stuck at 6 stars after 20+ attempts. This game has more flaws than i can count and tbh i kinda lost interest in it. But happy to support this and come up with suggestions for the players that still actually enjoy it. Newbies still get excited about things (i just met one very recently) and i'd like them to stay happy and enjoy playing. I just hope our feedback will count for a change.
                          Wow... Someone with worse luck than me at something in this game I'm forever getting 0-0.3 stars a try on mounts... I take a ton of stars for wings and my Super Angel took me 19 tries The only time I've been lucky was when I got my Super Demon. This took me 7 tries and has been the ONLY luck I've had in this game since I started... I am thinking it is rigged for non-cashers and is fixed for those using a lot of cash that they can give them easier and faster upgrades... That's just my opinion though.

Comment

This game has lots of potential, and as a MMO it's up to us to help make it the best it can be.

Comment

It does have potential, it's very neat especially for a browser game. But this lucky stars system drives me insane. I made a thread about it just today. The devs have to change some things, tweak some features and work on the bugs. And really change the cash shop into an option not the only way to achieve ur game goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X