Slayer's March lvl 1/5

Vagabonds Swiftness lvl 1/5

Improved Slayer's Deftness lvl 4/5
    (going to max)

My damage is very good and I crit and dodge often

Leave a comment:

• PrincessVy
    replied
    I've been going back and forth changing from shadow to combat to shadow to combat to test the skills. My current build is a
    Passive Rogue but running mostly on combat. i only took 5/5 Slayer's Speed and Slayer's Call in the Shadow tree. Then everything in combat. I have to say, this is my favorite build . High Dodge and Crit Rate and High Damage boosts. So you'll mostly rely on your attack. This is great for dungeons. Ill show you how its done :

SHADOW

Slayer's Speed - 5
    Slayer's Call- 5

COMBAT

Lightstream - 1/5

Viper's Touch- 1/5

Reversal - 1/5

Imp. Lightstream 1/5

Double Cut- 1/5

Blade Twist- 5/5 35% decreased Pdef, remember? :>

Triple Strike- 1/5 This is your main attacking skill .

Imp. Double Cut-1/5 Just put this at one , this is becoming useless at the moment youre 60+ because you'll mostly encounter Pvp only in Seng , and the DOT damage of this is gimped there.

Blur - 1/5 or 5/5 Well. Ive tried 5/5 Blur and its cool. You'll mostly dodge enemies and bosses. But After resetting my skills again, i placed it to 1 so that i can use more skills. Its up to you what you want =)

Slayer's Deftness- 5/5

* If youre asking why only 1 point for reversal and imp. Lightstream, its for you to be able to take additional skills. You have very limited skill points before rebirth so better use it to the fullest. It would also be sufficient enough to give you high damage boosts for a while. and Don't forget, The slide has damage =) You can use it for initiating an attack or escaping a gank.

~ Thats all for now
    Last edited by PrincessVy; 08-04-2012, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SolarMagic
    replied
    i've been finding decent combat rogue guides andthis one seems okay to trry out and test my first combat rogue xD ty.

Leave a comment:

• XrosSlash
    replied
    combat is good. but u must be carefull. u must know how to slide as fast as possible. if u laggin a bit ull be dead meat.

Leave a comment:

• kingwabi
    replied
    now that makes sense

Leave a comment:

• Saisaishi
    replied
    At level 100, I'm going to switch to combat..all you need is good defense and you are pretty much like a tank in Seng. Set your moves up right and you can take on quite a few people. Just recently found out that dashing move that they have, good to get away quick. Now if you want to own as a shadow, just get a good amount of crit and thru agi stat leveling and soul upgrading, your dodge will go up too. It's not having people barely able to touch you.

Leave a comment:

• okiin10
    replied
    my rouge is now lvl 48, at my first 30 lvl, i am on shadow type with some help of combat skills.. When i reached lvl 44 I can finish the RV-NM with the help of my lvl 38 priest. when i reach lvl 45, I shift into pure combat mode. I don't know - but since i am on combat type, it's make me a hard time before I kill the dungeon boss in RV- NM compare with from my previous build which is shadow.. Now i am thinking if i reach the lvl 50, I will going back to shadow type..

Leave a comment:

• buy1getme2
    replied
    My combat rogue is way better than this

Leave a comment:

• R2373361
    replied
    the age old fight of rogue vs rogue, all i can say is be proud of your class! both shadow and combat are killing machines! i personally enjoy combat over shadow, but no way in hell am i gonna say shadow is worse.
    i find the biggest drawback to shadow is relying on skills for kills - if your first stun fails (and frequently can against other full agi rogues) you are dead meat. shadow rogues are AMAZING at taking down much higher lvl / stronger opponents BUT they can only do so effectively 1vs1. combat rogue does have higher dodge rate - as per passive skills, and fairs WAY better when facing multiple attackers - Biggest draw back for Combat rogue is it doesnt really reach max effectiveness till lvl 80 (and decimation is learned).
    my toon is currently lvl 100, and iv used the extra skill points to dip into the shadow rogues passive skills - fully buffed i have 114% crit, 86% dodge. - one thing i might take back from all this, is i think i may have underestimated the "Blur" skill... its never been past lvl 1... i think ill be testing it out. Quote "Your dodge is Cheating!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• 3ric11
    replied
    my lvl 2x shadow rouge is not good at pve and this is a combat rouge guide that is really usefull thanks
    HARDCORE GAMER

Leave a comment:

• crow_hogan
    replied
    Bro thanks im finding this like forever thanks btw im shadow im just trying combat now =)

Leave a comment:

• Doragontenma
    replied
    The rogues with insanely high dodge that you've been seeing dip into the combat passives to get there. I know this from personal experience and being full agility.

I've also been experimenting with Blur lv.5 (proc 7% for 20% reduction on enemy hit for 6 seconds) and so far it is very nice. Every boss I am attacking in Psychodelica misses me 100% of the time due to having it activate constantly. This includes Mapelonia(Ranger) who has high hit as a class feature.

You say that shadow rogue skills do more damage, that is false. Triple strike at lvl 1 does 52% of regular damage 3 times. That's 156% which exceeds the damage done by all shadow skills aside from Knife Rush and Quick Death. On top of that triple strike has 3 hits, which increases the chances of Blur, Frost (Fragarach buff) etc.

To add to this, you would be hard pressed to effectively target a rogue that is zipping across your screen with Light Stream, Reversal, and Decimation (which stuns btw).

In all each skill tree has many great skills, and choosing to blindly(and rudely) advocate one over the other without looking at hard facts makes one look like an ***.

A rogue of any skill tree, with enough skill, will decimate his opponent. It's the player that makes the toon effective.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessVy
    replied
    Thanks Guys . All comments deeply appreciated

Leave a comment:

• kimura07
    replied
    thx for the guide

Leave a comment:

• tetsuki173
    replied
    XrossSlash is right ^^ no wordto say, just it, no matter who is better, there is a lot of strong combat rogues if you look for then, i myself beat a lv 49 shadow rogue, when i was 40, we ended up 2x2 but come on 9 lvs above? see, is the way that people play, and not the class itself, ^^ just it ^^ combat rogue is really strong ^^ and thanks for the guide it helped me a lot, will help more when i achieve lv 50 and take the sand of times xD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X