No announcement yet.

Priest should change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys take this too seriously it's all just a game in the end why go to so much debate and then get nothing in end just be satisfied with it when it all comes down to nothing in the end better to stop running around in circles when nothing serves it's purpose even if it is unreasonable that in a way makes me glad not to be a blood preist hhahahaha.
    Last edited by Raynethx; 07-24-2012, 02:57 PM.
    "You don't need a reason to help people" {Zidane Tribal**

"Being mindfull and virtuous is for the greater good"

"My Pen mightier than the sword conquering every word"

"Like the light that lights up the world I step once more back into the shadows of the night"

"The real truth?, theres more to it than you think"

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42
    Class:Dps
    Honour:Count
    Server:Starglade
    Guild: Blackwings

Comment

• Originally posted by crackerjac View Post
      THE BIG ISSUE HERE IS THE BLOOD SKILL TREE.

The holy skill tree, you guys have to admit, is very distinctive and it's clear about what it's supposed to be.

1. Spirit infusion skills and the light beam skills are two holy attacks designed as a way for a holy priest to level up and kill mobs.
      2. The middle skill tree contains all of your healing skills. It's very clear what these all are. Instant cast AoE heal, healing over time skill, basic heal skill, advanced heal skill, AoE heal skill. Not in that order of course, but if you have any of these skills you know exactly which ones these are.
      3. Lastly, the Guardian's Protection skill tree. These are all of your buffs. Your defense buff, attack buff, self buff, status ailment debuffing buffs like Goddess' Embrace and Pure in Heart, and if you're a Scion, Heavenly Protection falls under this skill tree.

The blood skill tree, I don't know what the creator's were thinking, but it looks like Frankenstein's monster; a being slapped together by leftover parts. The Tenacity tree, that is.

1. First skill tree contains the attack skills, only there's three to choose from instead of two. But primarily you'll see priests using Blood beam and blood pact, and often find people complain about life drain.
      2. Second skill tree. The Tenacity skill tree just doesn't know what the hell it's supposed to be. And, quite frankly, I don't know what it's supposed to be either. We have some passive buffs that are useful. Ie: Tenacity, Bloodflow, Enhanced circulation. Then for some reason we get extra health thrown at us, a stealth skill (blood totem? really? It looks cool but...really?), sacrifice (which sounds better than it actually is) which gives health back when it hits, and then there's the channeling skill that stuns (who is this useful for exactly? This only helps when you're assisting someone else get kills!) targets while you cast it, and then there's Death Cometh that doesn't do what it's supposed to. Over all...WHAT IS THIS SKILL TREE ABOUT?
      3. The last skill tree is straightforward. They're debuffing curses for attack, defense and movement speed. Curse Mastery, however, as I said before, has one glaring error; the fact that it gives you extra health. Ummm...what?

Altogether now... WHAT ARE THE BLOOD PRIEST'S SKILLS DESIGNED TO DO?
      Are they delegated to attacking in groups only, or what?
      its a MMORPG, we are supposed to be working together. when i level'd my first set of chars to 40. one of about each class. they fought and killed at the same speed. when i went full support on priest, i had to make up for the slow killing with a harder DPS. how we use them us up to us. battle tactics have never been set in stone really even in real life. description of priest when making the character says, "healer, support" values the well-being of over their own lives, priests harness spiritual energy to protect and vitalize their companions.
      so they are healers. or support. certain types of other classes will depend more on others depending on how they are skilled.
      i always thought, if that is the case, they value others wellbeing more then their own. that the totem should cloak friendly's.
      but going off that description. priest role would be " values the well-being of over their own lives, priests harness spiritual energy to protect and vitalize their companions.
      so they are healers. or support. certain types of other classes will depend more on others depending on how they are skilled. "
      the way you use your role is everything. but thats also up to you. find ways to use the skills in situations that help other people. usually if you have actual friends they help you back. my friend used to use blood priest to help clear dungeons then tank the boss so my mage wouldn't get killed an could actually participate, they always said "be careful im blood priest i wont be able to heal you anymore or rezu but i can tank an recover better" . otherwise. doing a dungeon without a friend for support is a joke for some classes. not rly possible less ur a casher. shadow rogue. if you cloak for more then a second. the boss resets. full health. only way to prevent that is to have a friend. make it so they don't even need the dps. what reason do they need the other DPS to do the dungeon? where's that leave the other classes...

i've played other MMO's. one. when you used a skill. if someone afterward near you used a skill from their tree then another from theirs. it would create a skill chain that had a magical energy burst.
      similar follows with this. we lack a lot of teamwork here. we don't get a special magic explosion. but if we communicated with each other properly . we get best use out of our skills by having a synergistic effect. i used to try fighting a ranger an blood priest as a mage. . nearly impossible. get cursed in 6 ways from sunday then leeched then strong shot & silenced. work together an accomplish more. take turns who gets the kill
      change that would prob be different from the other versions would be. make it so all blood priest skills also effect party members. the benefits of HP etc etc etc. since that is their role right? valuing others over themselves. so when you use imp bloodpact. it does the same thing or a little more, then also sends health to friends.

having endurance. means you survive longer. healers. can recover, so they are DoT. which means you could potentially get more DMG then over classes just because you can survive longer. development of blood priest an hybrid priest proves everything. they can solo everything earliest. which means already they don't really need other classes much.my friend is a mortal priest who can do SR NM. mostly free player. lv 60-70, i could never solo that, or even wish to. that proves you guys have both DPS and survivability.
      Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• see they are more for a support role that means if your playing this class you have the freedom to work with others during dungions teamwork is the key to protecting the priest hehehehhe

"Like the light that lights up the world I step once more back into the shadows of the night"

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
          i used to try fighting a ranger an blood priest as a mage. . nearly impossible. get cursed in 6 ways from sunday then leeched then strong shot & silenced. work together an accomplish more. take turns who gets the kill
          It sounds really good in theory, working together, but in Sengolia it's a free-for-all. You can choose to try to work together, but most often it's a kill or be killed mindset and people don't like sharing kills. Sengolia is very "Me Me Me" not "Us." I think what blood priests really want is to be able to go toe-to-toe better with the other classes. They see knights, rangers, mages and rogues beating them off like flies and think, "I want to be able to stand up to that." But the skills we have limit us. Knights and rogues can stun us to keep up from attacking and melee us to death if we can't kite them off. And if it's a combat rogue they can use their skill to move out of roots, and a knight can hook and stun us. And there's no way we can match a mage for pure, raw magic power. One meteor strike is damaging. Combine that with its stun, two or three AoE shots from a mage knocks down a bunch of people. Then there's the rangers who we can't kite, and whose attacks (not even just anti mage but nature too) include a bunch of attack skills they can string together for massive burst damage.

It's very hard to compete in that respect. :S

Comment

• ok shadow, I get what you're saying but why is it that my rebirth skill doesn't do what it's supposed to?
            I sent a ticket and I was told it was working the way it was meant to, but no, it wasn't doing what the skill description said it was doing.
            Fix the description or fix the skill, I understand that the GM's have a lot to do but really, this is a pretty major thing and it should be fixed ASAP.
            Just ...Kyu

Comment

• Originally posted by crackerjac View Post
              It sounds really good in theory, working together, but in Sengolia it's a free-for-all. You can choose to try to work together, but most often it's a kill or be killed mindset and people don't like sharing kills. Sengolia is very "Me Me Me" not "Us." I think what blood priests really want is to be able to go toe-to-toe better with the other classes. They see knights, rangers, mages and rogues beating them off like flies and think, "I want to be able to stand up to that." But the skills we have limit us. Knights and rogues can stun us to keep up from attacking and melee us to death if we can't kite them off. And if it's a combat rogue they can use their skill to move out of roots, and a knight can hook and stun us. And there's no way we can match a mage for pure, raw magic power. One meteor strike is damaging. Combine that with its stun, two or three AoE shots from a mage knocks down a bunch of people. Then there's the rangers who we can't kite, and whose attacks (not even just anti mage but nature too) include a bunch of attack skills they can string together for massive burst damage.

It's very hard to compete in that respect. :S
              ya i understand that. i play in nebulan ridge at the moment. highest player was like lv 60 just a few weeks ago. so its just mass of noobs goin after each other. like. i call certain area's" meatgrinders. " , the zone between the two zones where everyone has formed a line an the crowd keeps itching at each other an testing boundrys-trying to randomly hit ppl w out being hit back. its a mad house.
              but every now and then~ basically every seng my guild mates have always reported their teams. if we get same team- we party up an do assaults. kill wise though if i had a friend who needed help, i'd even let them kill me if i was opposite team, or almost kill someone then shout "last hit GET THEM NOW" in chat. what you described is about the same for every class though. war an death comes to everyone in there.
              if you've ever seen the movie conan the barbarian. with arnold. he gathers together a band of misfits. a rogue a mage an a priest etc, an they work together to complete their mission by using class specific feats to help each other through. at one point they each have a chance to help each other or save another member of their party or return a life debt favor for the previous help

Originally posted by berndesu View Post
              ok shadow, I get what you're saying but why is it that my rebirth skill doesn't do what it's supposed to?
              I sent a ticket and I was told it was working the way it was meant to, but no, it wasn't doing what the skill description said it was doing.
              Fix the description or fix the skill, I understand that the GM's have a lot to do but really, this is a pretty major thing and it should be fixed ASAP.
              which rebirth skill?
              Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-24-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

which rebirth skill?
                Death Cometh~
                Just ...Kyu

Comment

• Originally posted by berndesu View Post
                  Death Cometh~
                  looks like it's only best at lv 2 +. otherwise, it costs 10% of hp to activate. so at level 3+is when it'll have a effect, is lv 3 reduc 15%? if so then it'll techinically reduc 5% 15%-10%=5%, is it doing that?

Comment

• Priest are strong at first when everyone is level 30-60 once rebirth and higher levels kick in priest have nothing to defend theirselves im one of the strongest in server with a measly 7% crit chance leaving me to die easily in Sengolia
                    Server:Eternal Sanctum
                    IGN: (s57)Sin
                    Guild: Brigade Officer
                    Lv:98+ Scion
                    SOUL:1652/3000(5/14/2013)

Feed me virgins!

Comment

• Also another thing id like to point out in sengolia there are so many noob rouges who own me before the stun is even over their crits need to be nerfed i understand they have bad defence and lower than average hp but they dont even need that when they cant even be attacked outside sengolia like in Guild Resource battleground the same rouges attack me and my pet kills them before the stun is over its quite a huge difference and why do our heals have to be so underpowered without the balancing buff my heals heal 20% my hp with balancer buff(ladder,sengolia,delivery) it heals like 8% keep it even for us because our only survivability comes from heals thanks to our measly defence and damage reduction and its the one thing u take away from us in pvp...and if rouges werent overpowered enough as it is they can poison us and make us heal 50% less as if we even had the chance to heal once the stun is over
                      Server:Eternal Sanctum
                      IGN: (s57)Sin
                      Guild: Brigade Officer
                      Lv:98+ Scion
                      SOUL:1652/3000(5/14/2013)

Feed me virgins!

Comment

• whats strong in deffence and a good offence is weak during sengolia

My Devianart Page ;)

Rayleonheart Leon Lv 42

Comment

• "so when you use imp bloodpact. it does the same thing or a little more, then also sends health to friends."

Neither of the Bloodpacts gives any health to the user/friendlies around the user, just wanted to point this out.

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
                          looks like it's only best at lv 2 +. otherwise, it costs 10% of hp to activate. so at level 3+is when it'll have a effect, is lv 3 reduc 15%? if so then it'll techinically reduc 5% 15%-10%=5%, is it doing that?
                          No it's not, it's doing the same thing as its previous description was. It converts some amount of damage dealt into hp regening, level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10% etc.
                          Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

• Originally posted by venomeh View Post
                            "so when you use imp bloodpact. it does the same thing or a little more, then also sends health to friends."

Neither of the Bloodpacts gives any health to the user/friendlies around the user, just wanted to point this out.

No it's not, it's doing the same thing as its previous description was. It converts some amount of damage dealt into hp regening, level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10% etc.
                            "so when you use imp bloodpact. it does the same thing or a little more, then also sends health to friends."

Neither of the Bloodpacts gives any health to the user/friendlies around the user, just wanted to point this out.""
                            i know it was a suggestion that is different from the other versions of the game so if any change possible be better then asking to change to a copyrighted licensed version held by someone else. and cost less trying to do
                            _would still have to be slight adjustment to other stuff to make the changes fair

____
                            No it's not, it's doing the same thing as its previous description was. It converts some amount of damage dealt into hp regening, level 1 = 5%, level 2 = 10% etc."
                            so its healing over time instead of instantly recovering that %?
                            Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

it isnt even giving damage reduction, all it does is converts our attack into hp, i dont know the conversion % but in most situations it cost more hp than it gives~
                              Just ...Kyu

Comment

its a MMORPG, we are supposed to be working together. when i level'd my first set of chars to 40. one of about each class. they fought and killed at the same speed. when i went full support on priest, i had to make up for the slow killing with a harder DPS. how we use them us up to us. battle tactics have never been set in stone really even in real life. description of priest when making the character says, "healer, support" values the well-being of over their own lives, priests harness spiritual energy to protect and vitalize their companions.
                                so they are healers. or support. certain types of other classes will depend more on others depending on how they are skilled.
                                i always thought, if that is the case, they value others wellbeing more then their own. that the totem should cloak friendly's.
                                but going off that description. priest role would be " values the well-being of over their own lives, priests harness spiritual energy to protect and vitalize their companions.
                                so they are healers. or support. certain types of other classes will depend more on others depending on how they are skilled. "
                                the way you use your role is everything. but thats also up to you. find ways to use the skills in situations that help other people. usually if you have actual friends they help you back. my friend used to use blood priest to help clear dungeons then tank the boss so my mage wouldn't get killed an could actually participate, they always said "be careful im blood priest i wont be able to heal you anymore or rezu but i can tank an recover better" . otherwise. doing a dungeon without a friend for support is a joke for some classes. not rly possible less ur a casher. shadow rogue. if you cloak for more then a second. the boss resets. full health. only way to prevent that is to have a friend. make it so they don't even need the dps. what reason do they need the other DPS to do the dungeon? where's that leave the other classes...

i've played other MMO's. one. when you used a skill. if someone afterward near you used a skill from their tree then another from theirs. it would create a skill chain that had a magical energy burst.
                                similar follows with this. we lack a lot of teamwork here. we don't get a special magic explosion. but if we communicated with each other properly . we get best use out of our skills by having a synergistic effect. i used to try fighting a ranger an blood priest as a mage. . nearly impossible. get cursed in 6 ways from sunday then leeched then strong shot & silenced. work together an accomplish more. take turns who gets the kill
                                change that would prob be different from the other versions would be. make it so all blood priest skills also effect party members. the benefits of HP etc etc etc. since that is their role right? valuing others over themselves. so when you use imp bloodpact. it does the same thing or a little more, then also sends health to friends.

having endurance. means you survive longer. healers. can recover, so they are DoT. which means you could potentially get more DMG then over classes just because you can survive longer. development of blood priest an hybrid priest proves everything. they can solo everything earliest. which means already they don't really need other classes much.my friend is a mortal priest who can do SR NM. mostly free player. lv 60-70, i could never solo that, or even wish to. that proves you guys have both DPS and survivability.
                                Let me just point out that pure blood priests don't really survive that well, only hybrid and maybe holy priests could have high survivability due to heals and angel's blessing (a pure blood priest to me is practically a mage that can't DPS well). And also, if priests are for ""healer, support" values the well-being of over their own lives, priests harness spiritual energy to protect and vitalize their companions" then why would we have blood tree? Why would mages who are for "Magic DPS, AoE. Masters of fire and ice, mages are able to use their magical abilities to wipe out packs of enemies with little effort." have ice tree skills like frost shield and Icicle armor to reduce damage? Why would knights who are made for tanking be DPS (melee; i.e. having large opportunities to be able to be offensive when they were to be drastically more defensive)? Why would nature ranger get heal if they were for ranged dps? These are rhetorical questions btw. And if you say to balance out the classes in order to make them more fair and more interesting, then how come that doesn't apply all too well with priests?
                                Server: Windshear Peaks
                                Character: (s6)xXZekeXx
                                Class: Hybrid Priest

Comment

Working...
                                X