Bounty System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R21892248 View Post
    But 1 problem comes with both of the above solutions: what if i use a lvl 1 alt to place bounty on someone? xD
    1. a lvl 1 person cannot be in SG and cannot trade untill lvl 10 :P
    2. then it would be an very expensive bounty seeming u add G's per lvl difference. say you are lvl 10 and the target is lvl 100 (scion) no gears. then it'd be 112.50g already.

also the bounty being increased based on gear is nice.. but people can take it off....

Comment

Originally posted by Kagelol View Post
      1. a lvl 1 person cannot be in SG and cannot trade untill lvl 10 :P
      2. then it would be an very expensive bounty seeming u add G's per lvl difference. say you are lvl 10 and the target is lvl 100 (scion) no gears. then it'd be 112.50g already.

also the bounty being increased based on gear is nice.. but people can take it off....
      1. Ok lvl 10 alt then, lol
      2. I didn't mean G per lvl difference, I meant 1g for every 1 lvl of your target. And because your suggestion only states to charge 2g for each lvl of the target being LOWER than you, a lvl 10 alt will not suffer from such penalty and destroy the purpose of making it more expensive for high lvl players.

If people take off gears, it would just mean even lower bounty cost, isn't that's what we want? I mean, you will want your bounty to be high enough for people to be discouraged from placing bounty on you. Reducing your own price by removing gears just makes it easier for someone to make an indirect revenge.

Comment

1. Ok lvl 10 alt then, lol
        2. I didn't mean G per lvl difference, I meant 1g for every 1 lvl of your target. And because your suggestion only states to charge 2g for each lvl of the target being LOWER than you, a lvl 10 alt will not suffer from such penalty and destroy the purpose of making it more expensive for high lvl players.

If people take off gears, it would just mean even lower bounty cost, isn't that's what we want? I mean, you will want your bounty to be high enough for people to be discouraged from placing bounty on you. Reducing your own price by removing gears just makes it easier for someone to make an indirect revenge.
        Ok Fair enough..
        and about the first point, i thought i had read per lvl higher than you, instead of per lvl.
        My bad.

Comment

But actually, all kinds of bounty system (whether initiated by system or other players) would suffer from 1 common exploit: let's say my main has a bounty placed on her head, what if I use my alt to kill my main and claim the bounty? Or I ask a guildie to kill me, claim reward then split it 50-50? Anyway to prevent such exploitation?

Comment

Friends / Guildmates cannot attack each other even in bounty mode ?

Can't really do anything about alt's unless we find out some sort of smart way to disable alts from participating, same with adding bounty's.
            if someone can come up with some smart Alt filter...

tried thinking of a few.. all resulted in a no go
            i had a few more which i dont remember anymore..

1. IP filter
            . On a Shared network other people might be excluded
            . If someone really needs to they can just run their alt on a different IP (i know atleast 4 different ways of doing this)
            2. High Lvl filter
            . Could disable lowbies from entering..
            . still high lvl alts can participate
            3. Diffucult quest(for alts) to enable using the Bounty system
            . would have to be made in a few where it is hard/impossible to complete it on an alt while a normal lowbie can

Comment

Friends / Guildmates cannot attack each other even in bounty mode ?

Can't really do anything about alt's unless we find out some sort of smart way to disable alts from participating, same with adding bounty's.
              if someone can come up with some smart Alt filter...

tried thinking of a few.. all resulted in a no go
              i had a few more which i dont remember anymore..

1. IP filter
              . On a Shared network other people might be excluded
              . If someone really needs to they can just run their alt on a different IP (i know atleast 4 different ways of doing this)
              2. High Lvl filter
              . Could disable lowbies from entering..
              . still high lvl alts can participate
              3. Diffucult quest(for alts) to enable using the Bounty system
              . would have to be made in a few where it is hard/impossible to complete it on an alt while a normal lowbie can
              Yeah, I agree that none of the above idea works. How about making the reward to be something other than gold and it's bound? Something that's not worth having on an alt? But currently I can't think of such item, and it doesn't prevent me from asking my friend from another guild to kill me for reward (rather have my friend to benefit from my death than some random stranger xD)

Or implement some kind of heavy penalty for the bounty if he/she is killed to discourage people from dying to bounty hunter, no matter if it's friend or foe? Like equipment in vault, inventory and equipped equipment all have their durability reduced to zero? Or a limited time during which you CAN'T leave starglade, setup shop nor trade (lets say 2 mins per lvl, so if you are a lvl 100 and die, have fun strolling in starglade for more than 3 hours without actually doing anything)
              Last edited by R21892248; 09-05-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that none of the above idea works. How about making the reward to be something other than gold and it's bound? Something that's not worth having on an alt? But currently I can't think of such item, and it doesn't prevent me from asking my friend from another guild to kill me for reward (rather have my friend to benefit from my death than some random stranger xD)

Or implement some kind of heavy penalty for the bounty if he/she is killed to discourage people from dying to bounty hunter, no matter if it's friend or foe? Like equipment in vault, inventory and equipped equipment all have their durability reduced to zero? Or a limited time during which you CAN'T leave starglade, setup shop nor trade (lets say 2 mins per lvl, so if you are a lvl 100 and die, have fun strolling in starglade for more than 3 hours without actually doing anything)
                Last idea is bad idea, you cannot rob someone of their playing time.
                and giving a penalty to someone who has bassicly been sentenced to death isnt very nice either.
                somehow it must be very appealing to stay alive.

How about if a hunted stays alive it received 50% of the bounty fee (instead of 25) and also received some Charm.
                Not sure how much charm would work, but this would also be a nice way of introducing charm into the game.
                To prevent people from hunting their own alt for the charm the minimum fee should be more expensive then the charm+50% of the fee.

Edit~~
                Perhaps add some nasty debuff when the hunted dies.
                a debuff not nasty enough to make them unable to do anything, but one that really is not nice.
                decrease all stats by 25% for xx mins/hours or something like that
                or a debuff that makes it impossible for you to have any other buff active (no priest/knight buff, no frost, no elixers, no nothing.)
                or a combination of those 2 i mentioned.

Also, this wont be activated when you die in a battleground.
                the timer should stand still once a player is in a battleground/dungeon/non pk map.
                Last edited by Kagelol; 09-05-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Last idea is bad idea, you cannot rob someone of their playing time.
                  and giving a penalty to someone who has bassicly been sentenced to death isnt very nice either.
                  somehow it must be very appealing to stay alive.

How about if a hunted stays alive it received 50% of the bounty fee (instead of 25) and also received some Charm.
                  Not sure how much charm would work, but this would also be a nice way of introducing charm into the game.
                  To prevent people from hunting their own alt for the charm the minimum fee should be more expensive then the charm+50% of the fee.

Edit~~
                  Perhaps add some nasty debuff when the hunted dies.
                  a debuff not nasty enough to make them unable to do anything, but one that really is not nice.
                  decrease all stats by 25% for xx mins/hours or something like that
                  or a debuff that makes it impossible for you to have any other buff active (no priest/knight buff, no frost, no elixers, no nothing.)
                  or a combination of those 2 i mentioned.

Also, this wont be activated when you die in a battleground.
                  the timer should stand still once a player is in a battleground/dungeon/non pk map.
                  Charm as reward isn't a bad idea, but then the crystal:gold ratio varies from server to server, and in the long run it tends to get more expensive to buy crystal/charm as gold becomes easier to come by. It will be hard to implement an amount of charm that reflects correctly the economic state of all servers.

Debuff idea also kinda has its own flaw, because even without buffs, a high lvl can still solo all dungeons, may be except for lvl 85 dungeon as you can't get totem buff. This only hurts the lowbies more as they are more buff-dependent.

And yes, i already stated in my first suggestion post that the 3-hour timer for bounty should be counted only in non-battleground maps. Should be the same for bounty hunting: killing a person in battleground is not counted as bounty hunt.

If the best way to discourage farming with alt is to make staying alive more appealing, how about altering the reward from killing bounty and staying alive? Let's say 1/3 fee as reward if you get the bounty, but 2/3 as reward for the hunted if he stays alive? Since you get more reward staying alive, no one would bother using alt/friend to abuse this system

Comment

Charm as reward isn't a bad idea, but then the crystal:gold ratio varies from server to server, and in the long run it tends to get more expensive to buy crystal/charm as gold becomes easier to come by. It will be hard to implement an amount of charm that reflects correctly the economic state of all servers.

Debuff idea also kinda has its own flaw, because even without buffs, a high lvl can still solo all dungeons, may be except for lvl 85 dungeon as you can't get totem buff. This only hurts the lowbies more as they are more buff-dependent.

And yes, i already stated in my first suggestion post that the 3-hour timer for bounty should be counted only in non-battleground maps. Should be the same for bounty hunting: killing a person in battleground is not counted as bounty hunt.

If the best way to discourage farming with alt is to make staying alive more appealing, how about altering the reward from killing bounty and staying alive? Let's say 1/3 fee as reward if you get the bounty, but 2/3 as reward for the hunted if he stays alive? Since you get more reward staying alive, no one would bother using alt/friend to abuse this system
                    that seems good, but wouldnt the bounties become to low then ? asin the money a hunter receives for hunting him/her down.
                    woudlnt 75% for staying alive and 50% for killing the wanted person be better ?
                    also the Fee's cannot be to high in general otherwise hardly any bounty would be placed.
                    i dont think i would pay 1d for someone to be killed.

Comment

that seems good, but wouldnt the bounties become to low then ? asin the money a hunter receives for hunting him/her down.
                      woudlnt 75% for staying alive and 50% for killing the wanted person be better ?
                      also the Fee's cannot be to high in general otherwise hardly any bounty would be placed.
                      i dont think i would pay 1d for someone to be killed.
                      Well, all the numbers I suggested are just to illustrate the concept, it is not necessary to stick to those numbers 100% of the time xD May be the fee can be lowered, but then the reward % needs to be adjusted as well. If you cut the fee in half for example, then killing reward should be 75%, and staying alive should get you 100% of the fee. Don't you think that getting 50g for going through the difficulties of killing someone with full +13 and 800 soul is a bit too low? :P

Comment

no idea, never tried it.
                        im at the moment one of the strongest of my server (its also my first server)
                        so i dont really have a good view of a lowbie

Comment

Well, guess we should just let the gm to decide on those numbers if they ever implement this idea xD

Comment

anyone else have any good idea's for this ?

Comment

aw bad idea for noobs like me xD
                              "Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer."
                              Keep Calm and Play Crystal saga
                              Having a huge problem?= <--Talk to the game masters^^
                              "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

Comment

Originally posted by jeevviiee View Post
                                aw bad idea for noobs like me xD
                                Just be nice to everyone so no one will place a bounty on you then? xD

And I guess there should be a +50% total fee if your target is Eidolon now, since Eidolon is already released lol

Comment

Working...
                                X