Thoughts For Rogues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts For Rogues

I think i can speak for all rogues when i say that we need a new skill. Every class has an aoe skill that doesnt require aiming a line and hoping for the best,except for us. When you consider what the rogue class is (assassin, ninja, whatever) in all adaptations of that style of character you will find that each of them (whether in cartoon or video game) have a couple different "aoe" skills. When you think ofwhat a true ninja or assassin is truly capable of, you would EXPECT that they have at least one aoe skill that doesnt require direct aim. (Sorry, Blade Sweep doesn't count because its limited to the shadow side)

So my suggestion is to swap out the skill "Shadow Slap" with some kind of mid-ranged attack that does decent damage. Why? The answer is quite simply because it only makes sense that a ninja or assassin could throw a bloody shuriken among several other types of weapons, for starters. The shadow rogue skills have been bugged since the beginning of time and not been fixed. That may be the developers way of helping all the players who whine about the rogue class to have an advantage, i can't say for sure but sometimes it feels like it. Bottom line is, theres 3 ranged classes vs 2 melee classes and its pretty unfair for rogues (except the occasional few) to have to put up with these players that we cant even get close to without being obliterated in pvp, and in pve we have, for example, avernal realm where knights cant hook, mage ranger and priest are ranged... leaving rogues high and dry with nothing when bane is on the portal.

Rogues need a mid-range, decent power attack, with a short cooldown. I look forward to your feedback; unless you're going to be rude and inconsiderate. if you have nothing polite to say, avoid my thread. i'm looking for constructive feedback, not destructive. Thanks

Try getting a pet with drag for when someone pushes the banes into a portal. I'm a mage, but I have always thought that needs to be fixed, since it is incredibly unfair.

Comment

Thats just an example. Another example would be when melee players are stuck in a trap.. again the knight has hook, the rogue (in most cases) has squat. over 50% of rogues are shadow, and most of them dont use knife rush, which has to be aimed... "spray n pray" as they say in call of duty.

Comment

Honestly, my thoughts are at this point that rogues are squash vs 2-3 players. Vega doesn't work because most players have a high hit rate do to tenet. As i read, Max tenet will give so much hit that it will give a "no miss" ratio to players. I am feeling the same way as you are right now. "What is special about rogues since they can't take out multiple opponents no more?"

Well, i just hope there will be something great for us because the way i see it is as follows. We are under power since tenets came out. You may have your own opinion about this (This is my own). As you will see if you fight a rogue vs another class and they will not miss (with tenet of course). The "dodge" is no longer special about rogues since we are unable to dodge during this late late game.

I have tried.

Knight vs Rogue→used vega and knight didn't missed while rogue still died.
        Rangers with +14 quiver or w/o it and max tenet do not miss on rogues regardless.
        Mages vs rogue just win against rogues :/ (OP mother flowers ) ← blames Reverie for this. (muwhahahaha)
        Originally posted by Dr.Q
        Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

Comment

Lets face it, tenets are broken lol, something needs to be done about them but it never will. For me its strange, a rogue with max tenets and only 50% hit rate rarely rarely misses me with my 113% dodge, yet my 76% hit rate seems to miss their 90% dodge easy enough for them to kill me... seems legit R2 seems legit...
          What are bugs?

Comment

@KidSess I know the feeling. Knights seem to have a good hit rate even with low hit % and mages have a wide variety of skills that never miss + high attack power to back it up. Rangers normally have a pretty high hiti rate, and if they catch you in one of their op traps that last FAR LONGER than it should they have the chance to hit you 50 times with their above average hit%. They would likely knock you back too just to be jerks haha and there is NO defense against that. Just stop pushing buttons and stop clicking your mouse, just wait to die. Then come back and try again. That's not pvp that becoming a rag doll.

and also, is there a single (experienced) rogue player out that frequently uses shadow slap? i think i've used it twice, by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Kage_Oni View Post
              @KidSess I know the feeling. Knights seem to have a good hit rate even with low hit % and mages have a wide variety of skills that never miss + high attack power to back it up. Rangers normally have a pretty high hiti rate, and if they catch you in one of their op traps that last FAR LONGER than it should they have the chance to hit you 50 times with their above average hit%. They would likely knock you back too just to be jerks haha and there is NO defense against that. Just stop pushing buttons and stop clicking your mouse, just wait to die. Then come back and try again. That's not pvp that becoming a rag doll.

and also, is there a single (experienced) rogue player out that frequently uses shadow slap? i think i've used it twice, by accident.
              I use shadow slap in seng when I see combat potions just to be a jerk.

Comment

right, wouldnt you like to see it replaced with something more useful , or for it to keep its effects but actually do dmg and have less cd?

Comment

tenet is all about money they dont care if the game is broken
                  tenet has killed the game thats the truth

Comment

right, wouldnt you like to see it replaced with something more useful , or for it to keep its effects but actually do dmg and have less cd?
                    Really bad idea rogues are fine shadow slap is great for high and low levels.

Priests don't have skills that increases their move speed. Rogues have one skill one passive, mages have blink knights have skills,Rangers have the passive.

Rogues don't have many aoes they are ment for single target damage. Rogues also hit much faster than any other class triggering passives at a much higher rate.

Mages don't have high cast speed aswell as their skills take a bit to cast,so they get less passives.

Knights don't have any kiting ( running skills ) rogues can stun and run priests can trap and run mages can freeze and have their passives kill you while they are invincible with eido skill don't need to say anything about rangers.

Rangers don't have a skill with 100% stun dont think priests have either but they have loads of silences and their silence only works on some skills.

And rogues are fine Ill give an example,

I fought a ranger eido level 85 with 700+ soul and full +10 purple slayers ( all + 10 i think ) and angel lord they had 3x my patk ( around 30k and 80% hit rate )

I was a level 58 shadow rogue eido 400 soul green savage 10k patk 87% dodge I had no tenets or heraldy sperion gem or bones etc.

I took them to 20% and I had no slayers or zodiac gear o.o dodged a lot because of vaga and I didn't even get stun on them. Rogues are ment for 1 v 1 fighting an if the enemy. When I'm caught in a trap my pet stuns or I use my lvl 5 sprint to catch up, or I just wait to use vagabonds.
                    Originally posted by iTz_SoN
                    I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
                    I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

i still say rogues need a ranged skill with short cooldown, no matter if its aoe or just a mid range atk. one that doesnt require aim, that can only hit 1 target is fine. how many ninjas do u know that cant throw a knife? lol should be some kind of poison throwing knife skill

and rogues dont have a 100% sure stun, because the skils fail frequently. especially in sengolia. i know that you all know, theres been several posts about rogue skills not working. the problem persists, something needs to be done.
                      Last edited by Kage_Oni; 05-13-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanity View Post
                        Really bad idea rogues are fine shadow slap is great for high and low levels.

Priests don't have skills that increases their move speed. Rogues have one skill one passive, mages have blink knights have skills,Rangers have the passive.

Rogues don't have many aoes they are ment for single target damage. Rogues also hit much faster than any other class triggering passives at a much higher rate.

Mages don't have high cast speed aswell as their skills take a bit to cast,so they get less passives.

Knights don't have any kiting ( running skills ) rogues can stun and run priests can trap and run mages can freeze and have their passives kill you while they are invincible with eido skill don't need to say anything about rangers.

Rangers don't have a skill with 100% stun dont think priests have either but they have loads of silences and their silence only works on some skills.

And rogues are fine Ill give an example,

I fought a ranger eido level 85 with 700+ soul and full +10 purple slayers ( all + 10 i think ) and angel lord they had 3x my patk ( around 30k and 80% hit rate )

I was a level 58 shadow rogue eido 400 soul green savage 10k patk 87% dodge I had no tenets or heraldy sperion gem or bones etc.

I took them to 20% and I had no slayers or zodiac gear o.o dodged a lot because of vaga and I didn't even get stun on them. Rogues are ment for 1 v 1 fighting an if the enemy. When I'm caught in a trap my pet stuns or I use my lvl 5 sprint to catch up, or I just wait to use vagabonds.

You cannot put that example to work at the moment. We are basically talking about late game as for people having 1300 to 1700 soul. Pretty sure there will be many with more than half way with tenets. I am not complaining about tenets being broken because it is. I am just saying that we need something more special.
                        Originally posted by Dr.Q
                        Hm... best Tenet level, or home mortgage payment... what to do, what to do...

Comment

First off the stun has never not worked for me your lagging in seng. I've. Lagged a lot on my old browser and the stun either hits them even though they are far away or does nothing.

My example was that even without high dodge rate rogues can still win against rangers.
                          Originally posted by iTz_SoN
                          I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
                          I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

well........Why cant we have a skill that can wipe out 5,6,7 enemies in 1 blast?

Look at the amount of crying people do over rogues in normal cases without giving us a little extra, Rogues get enough bad publicity without giving em more fuel for their pitchforks lol

hell yea i agree there has been times where i wished for an AOE attack but................... it is never ever gonna happen!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything they would or should sort out the priests first, At later stages of the game it comes down to who cashed the most, who worked the hardest or who is the most skilled.

In many of the above cases priests are lacking they need to be better ( the wife could be watching ) ....

But as said, Rogues have always had the ability to dodge...... that has been taken away this needs to be sorted orrrrrrr hell yea give us something new
                            DeathDealer
                            Legends Praetorian

Caesar's personal Assassin

Married to the best priest in the game

DEATH WILL COME FOR YOU

Comment

i still say rogues need a ranged skill with short cooldown, no matter if its aoe or just a mid range atk. one that doesnt require aim, that can only hit 1 target is fine. how many ninjas do u know that cant throw a knife? lol should be some kind of poison throwing knife skill

and rogues dont have a 100% sure stun, because the skils fail frequently. especially in sengolia. i know that you all know, theres been several posts about rogue skills not working. the problem persists, something needs to be done.
                              I do have to agree with you there that the Rouges skills do bug out alot in Seng. This happens all the time now as well, I have lost count of how many times i have been running after someone and my stun skill gets used but it has done nothing at all to my target and the same goes for my other skills as well, and with my stats there is no way i should be missing my targets LOL. I have even recorded this happening ages ago and sent it in a ticket, and was told that it was sent to the proper department to be looked into. That was over a month ago now and still the skill are bugging badly. So I just got use to it instead.
                              APOLOYMI
                              MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                              LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
                              (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                              GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

Working...
                              X