Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knights Life is being Hell!!! HATE GUARDIAN RUNE!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    Using lot of words doesn't make your argument more valid, nor is a good way to be heared.
    Neither does insulting others make your argument valid, nor does your use of hyperbole. Pot, meet kettle.

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    And again, stop using ridiculous examples to show your theories. Knights almost never survive sylph rounds to use your "strategies".
    Funny, I hear this from the same few people here - but playing against top Knights in the BGs tells a very different story. Sorry guy - maybe you're just not that good then. Knights like BosseSolna, DarkMatter, ExtremeSnow, Terrebonne, SneakY, Snake, Jadias, Talen, FrostKnight, metodik, Colhun, Thessa and Garth - just to name a few - all take me 2 or 3 awakenings to beat (if I manage to do so). They're all in the 590k to 650k BR Ranges. The key thing none of them do... Play in a set pattern against a good opponent. I've fought some of them where we basically weren't blinking, going to nearly 100% before either of us would Awaken, because I was waiting to force a rune use before Amnesia would negate my skills after awaken. I've fought Fractorus to a 4-awaken win when he had his Hercules on only to have him swap pets for the next fight and end me before the 2nd awaken.

So don't give us examples of such fights, that probably even happened to you when you fight other classes that oh, surprise, use guardian rune on sylph delphics and so prolong the fight beyond sylph stage.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the king of the forums and could dictate what others post. My bad.

I'd be MORE than happy for you guys to have Guardian. I don't think it'd make a bit of difference in the end except force a small minority of knights to find something new to complain about being unbalanced. It'd actually make me happy, a few less knights with Chaos and/or Amnesia. Against a Mage w/ a Gaia - those two runes are far more annoying.

And this is the best and most comprehensive example i can think of how and why this damn rune is op so even the likes of you can understand at last.
    You wrote: "Are you Zorich alt or what? You both have the habbit to write walls of text and use examples that happen once in 100 fights as fact on which to base your theories."

By your argument, Guardian is the sole reason a Mage or Archer can extend a fight beyond the Sylph stage it seems, and Knights surviving "almost never" are a once in 100 fights example.

And you think this hyperbole is something "even the likes of (me) can understand at last." That's laughable. Seriously, laughable. Your logic alone is borderline lunacy. If Archers and Mages using Guardian means they survive past Sylph - and a Knight is a 1 in 100 chance of surviving past Sylph in a fair BR fight - then Knight lose 99% of all their (relatively equal BR) PvP fights against another class. Am I correct in this logic of yours?

Because if you're going to say this is true, and you only win 1% of your fights against relatively equal BR non-Knights, then this discussion is over and the judgement is that you're just not a good player. Period.

Comment

• Zorich since you are drowned too much in your walls of text to comprehend things, and you like to test things, please do this simple test.

Pick a knight around your br, duel him, as many times as you find reasonable to rely on the data, using your normal guardian rune tactic.

Duel him again, without guardian rune.

Share results.

Or of course you can keep picking examples of your fights vs someone who got lucky with dimension map drops and etc **.
      THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich
        It's only obvious to you and a select few who want your non-Mage class to be utterly dominant. You don't seem to get that what you keep saying over and over is essentially this:

Let's take the worst DPS class with the worst Rage Regen, worst damage mitigation and lowst HP / PDef and nerf the one thing they've got - heals. Oh, and then let's also take away the Guardian Rune. That'll serve em.
        With the current res reduction system, almost all DPS comes from pets, if your pet doesnt seal the deal, you just arent strong enough, or running on the wrong element.
        Are you even lvl 80 yet?

Complaining about low P Def or HP is non valid since there are so many options in the game to upgrade both, you obviously choose not too.
        About the dominant thing, reread my last post in your topic about knights attack speed.
        Besides, i never said to take away the Guardian rune, it was just fine till it got to be an advanced rune.
        Thought you said I had troubles reading..

Originally posted by Zorich

You may as well be standing in the middle of cloud city waving a sign that says, "Keep Mages in PvE" with your list of demands. And oh, btw - Mages suck there too. Worst gains in WB and worst DPS for progression in combats with nuke-based timers like Necro, Purgatory, Sky Trail and God's Descent.

So please, try to take a step back and get some perspective.
        Apart from WB, which one of those PVE things really matters?
        And again, Mage's have or had a better shot there back when bosses could be slowed.
        I know the mage's slow down isnt great, but again its better as nothing.
        Tables turned on the slow skill, but now there's no place to use it.

So back when Skytrail and GD did matter, in the start mage's had an advantage there, so now that all the rewards there became useless you're complaining mage's dont do so well anymore?

Again, non valid.

Incorrect, I won a fight against someone 200k BR ahead of me (by gearing up a 1450 resist against them) after I originally lost to them.

You try to make it sound like I'm whining here for a nerf because I lost. The reality is that I'm suggesting a nerf because I actually beat someone 200k BR ahead of me simply because I popped 3 Electro Dims and made sure I ran 5 L7 Electro Resist Crystals. Tuning yourself to have 90% DR (after all other DRs) vs. the most common pet isn't balance. It's silly. In PvE I can see it being fine since it's kinda needed in things like Sky Trail and God's Descent - but in PvP, it'd be nice for elemental resists to be capped at 50%. Still a tremendous resist, but not so ludicrous that it leaves someone with 100k+ BR not doing enough damage to even move the HP bar.
        Since the former nerf included a major nerf on free chests as well, people are running out on dims very fast.
        Soon most are left to just go with the dims they have, instead of running a certain element to the max.
        Things like your example will become rare.
        And thats just your thing, you like to spread examples that have a 1 on a Mil change to occur.

Actually, every time you write something lately, you pretty much prove it.

Seriously Q though - what happened to you man? Are you someone new who has this account? Cause the pietjeprecies I used to read posts from was a really level-headed dude. A dude who now seems to have gone completely off the deep end lately with insults and personal attacks. You're becoming the new AntiApartheid where it pertains to you following me from post to post with insults when arguments aren't going your way.
        I am still the same person, and beside I said you suck balls, which is hardly an insult since you proof me right, i haven't insulted or attacked anyone.
        Calling me the new antiaprtheid, well thats a real insult, and that isnt true either.
        I dont brag about my toon with false stats, in fact few people actually seen it, and i dont give incorrect info or help when people have questions.
        So no, im not antiaprthsied.

Looks to me you only dislike my posts since I do not agree with your opinion.

And not for nothing - downvoting someone for not presenting an opinion you don't like is fairly childish. I like to personally reserve downvotes for people who derail arguments and commit personal attacks. You've admitted to downvoting me - and it's among 2 I've ever received here. The "Knight Attack Speed" thread alone got me 8 upvotes - so obviously people generally think I'm adding to the conversation here. How many downvotes have you gotten in the past week with the attitude you've shown?
        So you think the number of down or up votes is some kind of measurement?
        To be honest the only downvote on the knight attack speed topic was yours, the few others were in a campers topic.

So what are you actually trying to say?

Comment

• this rune is broken..it should be dispellable
          Level 49 Archer
          BR 150k

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich
            Purgatory
            You quote aoe heaven as one of the place where mages have problem? Ok.

Incorrect, I won a fight against someone 200k BR ahead of me (by gearing up a 1450 resist against them) after I originally lost to them.

You try to make it sound like I'm whining here for a nerf because I lost. The reality is that I'm suggesting a nerf because I actually beat someone 200k BR ahead of me simply because I popped 3 Electro Dims and made sure I ran 5 L7 Electro Resist Crystals. Tuning yourself to have 90% DR (after all other DRs) vs. the most common pet isn't balance. It's silly. In PvE I can see it being fine since it's kinda needed in things like Sky Trail and God's Descent - but in PvP, it'd be nice for elemental resists to be capped at 50%. Still a tremendous resist, but not so ludicrous that it leaves someone with 100k+ BR not doing enough damage to even move the HP bar.
            Dimension are fair as far as we talk about vip player, if you want a nerf the reason your givin is not good enough because everyone can run stacked dim (with luck etc) and anyway they'll eventually run off of the right element dimension, the real unfairness of dim is that non vip can only run 3 dim which make them fall even more behind. You want a dim nerf? I don't see how that could help non vip player since if they get less res from the 3 dim they get to have is even worse.

And not for nothing - downvoting someone for not presenting an opinion you don't like is fairly childish. I like to personally reserve downvotes for people who derail arguments and commit personal attacks. You've admitted to downvoting me - and it's among 2 I've ever received here. The "Knight Attack Speed" thread alone got me 8 upvotes - so obviously people generally think I'm adding to the conversation here. How many downvotes have you gotten in the past week with the attitude you've shown?
            People consense doesn't mean your right, same as if someone disagree with you doesn't prove you wrong unless he can prove he's right.

As you said, that's probably you speed-casting + him lagging.
            Mine was irony dude to ks sayin chaos last 6 turn... It was pretty obvious.

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            Funny, I hear this from the same few people here - but playing against top Knights in the BGs tells a very different story. Sorry guy - maybe you're just not that good then. Knights like BosseSolna, DarkMatter, ExtremeSnow, Terrebonne, SneakY, Snake, Jadias, Talen, FrostKnight, metodik, Colhun, Thessa and Garth - just to name a few - all take me 2 or 3 awakenings to beat (if I manage to do so). They're all in the 590k to 650k BR Ranges. The key thing none of them do... Play in a set pattern against a good opponent. I've fought some of them where we basically weren't blinking, going to nearly 100% before either of us would Awaken, because I was waiting to force a rune use before Amnesia would negate my skills after awaken. I've fought Fractorus to a 4-awaken win when he had his Hercules on only to have him swap pets for the next fight and end me before the 2nd awaken.
            2, 3 or even 4 awaken, that's 5 min fight, 250% to kill someone? Record me one of those fight pls because i have an hard time believing you on that or post your stats, there's something wrong on that. I just did 2x bg and only happen once that i went to a second awaken against a dryaded mage with little matk, no way both would have survive to reach a 3rd awaken, also fought a lot of close br just to check and all ended before awaken was out.

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            I'd be MORE than happy for you guys to have Guardian. I don't think it'd make a bit of difference in the end except force a small minority of knights to find something new to complain about being unbalanced. It'd actually make me happy, a few less knights with Chaos and/or Amnesia. Against a Mage w/ a Gaia - those two runes are far more annoying.
            Then if chaos/amne are way more annoyin then guardian, why do 90% of archer/mage carry guardian? I find hard to believe you really think those are good rune if prolly yourself and basically every other archer/mage with adv guardian use that rune instead of chaos/amne.

PS: writing wot doesn't prove you right, it's way better if you go straight to the point and less likely to have someone missunderstand what you write, unless you're doing that on purpose.

PPS: i'd like to have a decent reply to my last question, every time i ask why every mage that go around sayin chaos/amne are more annoyin then guardian (which to me mean is better, but i'm already waiting someone sayin that guardian is better but amen/chaos more annoyin, pretty dumb way out if i may say so) keep using guardian in pvp they just vanish or completly ignore my question.
            Last edited by SlowPlay; 04-06-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Non-VIP dimensions is actually 2, not 3. 3 is lv1 vip (up to lv4 if I remember, then 5-8 is 4 and finally 5 dims for lv9 vip)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                2, 3 or even 4 awaken, that's 5 min fight, 250% to kill someone? Record me one of those fight pls because i have an hard time believing you on that or post your stats, there's something wrong on that. I just did 2x bg and only happen once that i went to a second awaken against a dryaded mage with little matk, no way both would have survive to reach a 3rd awaken, also fought a lot of close br just to check and all ended before awaken was out.
                This definitely happens at the very high end. Super powerful players have a very hard time finishing each other off. That's why they tend to avoid each other, it just takes way too long.

It's pretty common for me to make it to a second awaken, if it's a close fight. Most fights are one-sided though, so it's not that frequent overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                  Non-VIP dimensions is actually 2, not 3. 3 is lv1 vip (up to lv4 if I remember, then 5-8 is 4 and finally 5 dims for lv9 vip)
                  Vip 1 is free

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                  This definitely happens at the very high end. Super powerful players have a very hard time finishing each other off. That's why they tend to avoid each other, it just takes way too long.

It's pretty common for me to make it to a second awaken, if it's a close fight. Most fights are one-sided though, so it's not that frequent overall.
                  Dunno if you're the one playin on eu server (there was a knight and there's an archer now) but on cw yeah, close fight never end before timer but that's due to the fact that there are sylph as support there, in bg i don't see fight go past awaken except rare case (for instance, had 2 fight in bg today against a knight that i never kill before timer in cw and i killed him with delphic both time), and in any case i can understand a 2nd awaken in rare case but 3 or 4 awaken in 1 pvp is just pure ** if you ask me unless both player keep autoing and healing only without using damage skill.

Comment

Vip 1 is free

Dunno if you're the one playin on eu server (there was a knight and there's an archer now) but on cw yeah, close fight never end before timer but that's due to the fact that there are sylph as support there, in bg i don't see fight go past awaken except rare case (for instance, had 2 fight in bg today against a knight that i never kill before timer in cw and i killed him with delphic both time), and in any case i can understand a 2nd awaken in rare case but 3 or 4 awaken in 1 pvp is just pure ** if you ask me unless both player keep autoing and healing only without using damage skill.
                    Not everyone has lv30 fishing to do so tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                      Not everyone has lv30 fishing to do so tho.
                      Well yeah but it's not that hard to reach, just take time.

Comment

Fights may last that long with the monsters going at each other having close to 700k hp or even more (killbot has close to 900k hp so it is possible) plus with dimensions giving you 90% damage reduction and lucky procs from illusion/regen, players with those type of godlike toons could be doing little damage to each other even in pet mode until the timer really kicks in.

And to your question about chaos/amnesia being annoying it could render a mage useless in a fight. Chaos working in non pet mode could make you steal their heals since I can say I love taking a mage's BL in arena fights and a maxed amnesia can leave you auto attacking in pet mode once it takes out the skills not on CD if you are lucky.

BTW if you just hit them none stop if you are using herc and have low CD skills on hit you also take away the OPness of a guardian rune since most usually wait and see if the delph is selected
                        IGN: princestewii
                        Class: Archer
                        Server: Kabam 86

Comment

• Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                          Fights may last that long with the monsters going at each other having close to 700k hp or even more (killbot has close to 900k hp so it is possible) plus with dimensions giving you 90% damage reduction and lucky procs from illusion/regen, players with those type of godlike toons could be doing little damage to each other even in pet mode until the timer really kicks in.
                          That doesn't make sense to me, big br not only mean big hp but also (and mostly) big atk, stronger sylph etc so yeah, they might survive 1st awaken if they have stacked res but on 100% (2nd awaken) even with stacked res each hit hurt, i'd give you a 3rd awaken in 2 mage fighting (maybe, not even sure about that, never had such a fight while playing mage) but we're talkin about knight vs someone else.

About ch/amne, my question is not why they could be annoyin, i know why. What i don't udnerstand is why some mage/archer say that ch/amne are far more annoyin then guardian yet i see very few mage/archer use ch/amne in pvp while all the other use guardian and i'm fairly sure that those that use ch/amne use them because they don't have an advanced guardian.

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                          BTW if you just hit them none stop if you are using herc and have low CD skills on hit you also take away the OPness of a guardian rune since most usually wait and see if the delph is selected
                          Once again, while we "hit them none stop" they hit us too and we don't have guardian to avoid a full delphic in the face, we can ofc heal up but have a 20 sec span where we can kill the opponent before they can heal and in those 20 sec they are under guardian for 8/10 sec.
                          Last edited by SlowPlay; 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• SlowPlay, I really want to have a discussion with you about this topic but I fear you wouldn't want to understand what I would have to say and neither will most of these forum members who picked a knight class.
                            IGN: princestewii
                            Class: Archer
                            Server: Kabam 86

Comment

• im 630k br i have a 850k mage friend we both hate guardian ive lost so many fights in 100% against mages because they can full heal then ust guardian and literally live through anything its insane something has to be done for me to get to 70% reduction as a knight i have to use 3 skills in a row and it only last for my 1st 2 turns in sylph mode

Comment

• Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                                SlowPlay, I really want to have a discussion with you about this topic but I fear you wouldn't want to understand what I would have to say and neither will most of these forum members who picked a knight class.
                                lol, you can just say guardian rune is better then amne/chaos (or explain why you think amne/chaos are better then guardian, opinion are opinion but you need to explain why you think one is better then another).
                                Last edited by SlowPlay; 04-06-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X