Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question

    Does PDEF and MDEF gems still count for anything else but BR since the resistance crystals? I keep fighting players with lower BR, lower PDEF, lower quality sylph and losing. The damage i take is considerably higher then the one i make and i just don't understand how is this possible. With all the new stuff that keeps getting added to the game and the lack of information makes you wonder if there is any point in playing anymore. Hope a moderator or a GM can give me an answer. Thank You!
    Last edited by TotEu; 02-27-2015, 07:35 PM.
    Server: S19 Europe
    Class: Archer
    BR: 2200 K
    Sylph: Venus, Hecate, Zeus, Triton, Medusa
    Nickname: W T F TotEu

  • #2
    I noticed in your signature, it says "Sylph: Hercules". I would recommend that you work on building a 2nd sylph for pvp since a lot of people are now stacking electro resist from dimensions. Try using a fire, water or wind pet if you don't have an Gaia/Aegis yet. I think you will find those to be much better pets for PvP. I prefer fire for single pvp and dark or wind for group pvp. Hope this helps you out some

    Comment


    • #3
      If you don't have good dimensions, your resistance and particularly your reduce res will suffer, and you'll be outmatched in pvp. Most of us can only get one resistance type high enough to make a real difference, so focus on one if you haven't already. Until your opponent sylphs, whatever is your highest is what counts.

      But I agree about hercules, I have switched over to gaia for exactly this reason. Even if someone wants to get high dark resist, it's really hard to do unless you are also using gaia.

      Comment


      • #4
        Everything counts, but if you would just have a fraction of their attack in pdef/mdef anyway, they wont make much of a differance...resistances act as a multiplier on what damage you would take, if your defenses are very high, you dont take a lot of damage against lower br players, even when your resist is at -200

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TotEu View Post
          Does PDEF and MDEF gems still count for anything else but BR since the resistance crystals? I keep fighting players with lower BR, lower PDEF, lower quality sylph and losing. The damage i take is considerably higher then the one i make and i just don't understand how is this possible. With all the new stuff that keeps getting added to the game and the lack of information makes you wonder if there is any point in playing anymore. Hope a moderator or a GM can give me an answer. Thank You!

          The only thing that really matters are dimensions and resist crystals. I was fighting the same class in bg other day. We both had same sylphs, I have only 4 basic, 1 inter open with all very high resist crystals. My atk more than double his def and still can barely hurt him in sylph mode or out. He had to have 3-4 adv dimensions open. Good for him...

          pdef/mdef really don't matter much at all anymore.
          Archer hoarder

          Comment


          • #6
            i wont say pdef/mdef not matter much anymore.
            against opponent with 15k matk/patk, if, its better to have 20k pdef/mdef with 0 damage res than having 80% damage reduction but only have 10k pdef/mdef

            the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              i wont say pdef/mdef not matter much anymore.
              against opponent with 15k matk/patk, if, its better to have 20k pdef/mdef with 0 damage res than having 80% damage reduction but only have 10k pdef/mdef

              the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
              This comment is kind of irrelevant. There are hardly any players with 15k matk fighting anyone on this 2year+ game. Even new players in 40 gear have more than 15k atk.

              When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good)
              Archer hoarder

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                This comment is kind of irrelevant. There are hardly any players with 15k matk fighting anyone on this 2year+ game. Even new players in 40 gear have more than 15k atk.

                When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good)
                you didnt know how examples works, dont you? if your problem is "15k attack" and "10k defense", just give another zero to both numbers.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                  you didnt know how examples works, dont you? if your problem is "15k attack" and "10k defense", just give another zero to both numbers.
                  I gave an example almost identical to yours with 100% different results as what you are saying. SURE if you have 100k attack and face someone with 150k defense you wont hurt them much....

                  However, you apparently did not look at the example I gave.


                  "When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "
                  Archer hoarder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                    I gave an example almost identical to yours with 100% different results as what you are saying. SURE if you have 100k attack and face someone with 150k defense you wont hurt them much....

                    However, you apparently did not look at the example I gave.


                    "When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "
                    seems you keep misreading my point, with i already stated earlier:

                    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
                    to make it simpler for people who have problem with a slightly complicated text: The more defense you have, the more useful resistance is.

                    besides, defense works on ALL element, and its would be very hard to build good resistance on all element.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      seems you keep misreading my point, with i already stated earlier:



                      to make it simpler for people who have problem with a slightly complicated text: The more defense you have, the more useful resistance is.

                      besides, defense works on ALL element, and its would be very hard to build good resistance on all element.

                      Seems you keep missing the point... I can quote it again for you.

                      ""When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "


                      You say "more defense you have, the more resist is useful" WELL, doubling attack to defense is not having much defense. That means its ALL resistance crystals and dimensions doing the defense
                      Archer hoarder

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                        Seems you keep missing the point... I can quote it again for you.

                        ""When im pushing 100k attack and fighting a guy with 50k defense and doing almost no damage, and taking lots of damage... that means MANY adv or expert dimensions when considering my resist and will crystals (which are pretty good) "




                        You say "more defense you have, the more resist is useful" WELL, doubling attack to defense is not having much defense. That means its ALL resistance crystals and dimensions doing the defense

                        i dare you to strip all armor and everything that gives defense and rely on res only in BG.
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If your attack is double the defense of the opponent.... how could he not take much damage unless opponent has LOTS of very high level dimensions open (considering will crystals are very good)

                          defense has a LOT less to do with damage taken than dimensions/resistance crystals.

                          I dare you to put on massive defense and take off all resist crystals and sylph so your resist is next to nothing in BG
                          Archer hoarder

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Another funny thread.....and it is because as usual someone just fails to read and comprehend whats been told. Not many posts yet tho, so he might actually go back, read and put some thinking into it....
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
                              I dare you to put on massive defense and take off all resist crystals and sylph so your resist is next to nothing in BG
                              why should i do that? read my previous post again:


                              Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              the point is, high res would be more useful if you have high defense stat. but do not neglect any of them.
                              it seems you are arguing just for the antagonism itself. you dont care if youre wrong or right as long you keep arguing.
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X