Request to fix dimension pvp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is off on Dims this AM.

I had an Int Dim 77% Cleared (but not completed), with really nothing left in it - was just stretching out the duration by not taking the last PvE Base, and some poor dude got dropped in there this morning.

I thought a Dimension couldn't be entered when it's 50%+ Complete? What makes it even worse is the guy left before I could kick him so he didn't even get a compensatory dimension chest back. So not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
      Something is off on Dims this AM.

I had an Int Dim 77% Cleared (but not completed), with really nothing left in it - was just stretching out the duration by not taking the last PvE Base, and some poor dude got dropped in there this morning.

I thought a Dimension couldn't be entered when it's 50%+ Complete? What makes it even worse is the guy left before I could kick him so he didn't even get a compensatory dimension chest back. So not right.
      It has to do with the life remaining, not how much treasure is collected. As far as I know, how much treasure is left does not matter. I have not seen anything at least in the guide talking about the amount of treasure remaining.

If the resources, which is the life remaining, is lower than 50%, it can't be entered.

I know for the most part, people want to see this system changed, me included. But what can we do to get them to change it? Would having everyone stop spending on dimensions do the trick?

Kind of off topic, but same thing with picking the second kid, what can we do to get them to change it?
      Last edited by R262181389; 04-29-2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
        It has to do with the life remaining, not how much treasure is collected. As far as I know, how much treasure is left does not matter. I have not seen anything at least in the guide talking about the amount of treasure remaining.

If the resources, which is the life remaining, is lower than 50%, it can't be entered.

I know for the most part, people want to see this system changed, me included. But what can we do to get them to change it? Would having everyone stop spending on dimensions do the trick?

Kind of off topic, but same thing with picking the second kid, what can we do to get them to change it?
        Not what happened with mine. The new one I opened was 55% progress and the life started with 100%. My point is the rewards I could have gotten from the minions and dragon den and treasure thieves is the one I cant get cause the other person picked it all already.

Comment

dimension war is a pve event. why they are trying to make this pvp is eluding me... NOT ! it costs balens to fight, so it becomes a balen war pretty fast. Only one happy about it ? Wartune

Why not make Dragon Invasion pvp while you guys at it ? lol

Thanks for the poll - For me its a big Remove pvp from dimensions ! We need more threads like these ! Thanks again : )

Comment

Any1 notice how essences you put into dimension doesn't give +24hrs anymore...just 5% per input .....really mucked up my dimension
            Wartune can't hear your SCREAMS...they just look at the cross server rankings and laugh"look at all the money we earnt”
            ~
            Server: s481
            IGN:❣·Prστεςτσr ~ Legendary Archer
            Lvl80: Class Adv
            BR: 691k w/Eudaemon
            Guild:Heroes
            Eudaemon: trashy 301k BR archer (i got by accident :()
            Sylph: 65.5k BR Herc - R34P3R***
            58k BR Aegis (yes i call it aegis :p) - xxAURORAxx***

Previously Played server; s55 Tortmain Abbey as xW4RR10Rx (beast knight)…possibly guildless now

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post
              dimension war is a pve event. why they are trying to make this pvp is eluding me... NOT ! it costs balens to fight, so it becomes a balen war pretty fast. Only one happy about it ? Wartune

Why not make Dragon Invasion pvp while you guys at it ? lol

Thanks for the poll - For me its a big Remove pvp from dimensions ! We need more threads like these ! Thanks again : )
              Its not even PvP, unless you take solo arena for PvP too, wonder what PvP stands for...
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by rondaosga View Post
                The choice to plunder a dimension or not should be left to the players, not imposed by the game. Players should not be punished for not participating, There should be compensation for dimensions opened and abandoned and never entered, change the way this feature works or remove altogether.
                I Agree with this. The game is open to all and lot of players do like pvp stuff.
                [that is why the 2nd "no" option in the poll, cannot ignore the people who want the game to be more participating]

It should be nice to let players choose if they want to fight other players [like solo arena] or just run their own.

As far as balens part to build forward base... better let them use to buy, say 24 hour protection from getting their dimension attacked. How is that?

sadly Not hearing any updates from the developers regarding them thinking about making any changes yet.
                we need more people who can try reach out and get developers attention!!

Comment

Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                  I think PVP with dimensions is a good thing. This game is already too much like a whine fest with all the crybabies hiding in the wilds, crying about getting attacked in mines, atoll boss, and wanting more free tampons. I hope some of you quit. Be a man or quit. How is that?
                  Fine let me take my 1.6 mil br and shove it down your throat and take your dimension from you because even if you do have a close br it a bot and i can beat that with ease an i keep taking your stuff till you quit. no, the way it is set up is garbage and they dont even last as long now expert use to last 70 days now it about 20 days once it cleared and less for others there was no need for this to be set like arena because that what it looks like u fight some bot that will not work right and people losing stuff they worked hard for
                  CS Server Rinulka Peninsula
                  name RubyRed
                  type priest

WT S5 ..................WT S144
                  Name gippal .........Name backlash
                  Type Mage ...........Type Archer

Comment

this ** i take days to clear it, then the game places someone with 110k br larger to get the rewards ***

Comment

Originally posted by thorhunk View Post
                      this ** i take days to clear it, then the game places someone with 110k br larger to get the rewards ***
                      you lucky if 110k br the closest you got guy below me is 500k lower and only drops from there so any that get the one i'm in will get nothing i might not like this being pvp but i sure in hell aint letting any1 take my rewards or my monsters i will defend what is mine
                      CS Server Rinulka Peninsula
                      name RubyRed
                      type priest

WT S5 ..................WT S144
                      Name gippal .........Name backlash
                      Type Mage ...........Type Archer

Comment

Originally posted by v0idwalker View Post
                        Fine let me take my 1.6 mil br and shove it down your throat and take your dimension from you because even if you do have a close br it a bot and i can beat that with ease an i keep taking your stuff till you quit. no, the way it is set up is garbage and they dont even last as long now expert use to last 70 days now it about 20 days once it cleared and less for others there was no need for this to be set like arena because that what it looks like u fight some bot that will not work right and people losing stuff they worked hard for
                        Others that actually aren't sissy have tried and failed. As it is now you support the other crybabies that want less PVP so by even making that threat you become what? Hypocrite? Hypocrite crybaby? I bet when you run into someone stronger you are one of those that start making excuses about lag, sun in your eyes, or whatever.

Comment

Attacking dimension if you know owner is very bad idea. If someone would hate someone else they could keep attacking same player.
                          Some PVP stuff is good, but there should be some option if you want to attack and be attackable or you don't want to participate in PVP dimensions at all.

It could work like this:
                          1) Create new dimension and if you dont want to be attacked, use some bound balens and create some guard house. (20 - 50 bb could be enough). Anyone else would not be able to attack you afterwards. But also you would not be able to attack anyone else when you open new dimension.
                          2) If you want to attack then atleast 1 of your existing dimensions would have to be without that guard house and anyone could attack it too.
                          3) BR of the player whose dimension is attacked by you would have to be in -10% to +10% range. So players with 500k BR could attack and be attacked only by players with BR from 450k to 550k.

if first 2 conditions would be hard to implement than atleast the 3rd would be good and fair for all. It could not happen that 100k BR player enters dimension of someone else with 500k BR or more.

Comment

oh lets take camping in BG to a whole new level. Target folks you can beat to. Lets not have any checks and balances. It is the single stupidest thing 7 roads has come up with. There has been a lot of dumb to. A year plus whining about amy before the change and the devs thought this idea a "winner".

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaneko123 View Post
                              Attacking dimension if you know owner is very bad idea. If someone would hate someone else they could keep attacking same player.
                              Some PVP stuff is good, but there should be some option if you want to attack and be attackable or you don't want to participate in PVP dimensions at all.

It could work like this:
                              1) Create new dimension and if you dont want to be attacked, use some bound balens and create some guard house. (20 - 50 bb could be enough). Anyone else would not be able to attack you afterwards. But also you would not be able to attack anyone else when you open new dimension.
                              2) If you want to attack then atleast 1 of your existing dimensions would have to be without that guard house and anyone could attack it too.
                              3) BR of the player whose dimension is attacked by you would have to be in -10% to +10% range. So players with 500k BR could attack and be attacked only by players with BR from 450k to 550k.

if first 2 conditions would be hard to implement than atleast the 3rd would be good and fair for all. It could not happen that 100k BR player enters dimension of someone else with 500k BR or more.
                              None of this really works.
                              1: They already want you to spend 150 balens per level to help "protect" your dimension, so they're not going to let people off with just a single small buy.
                              2: This is too easy to exploit, have 3 high level un-attackable dimensions, and one trash basic dim, so you can go attack others (if that would even be worthwhile, which is doubtful)
                              3: People would game to lower or raise their BR to keep themselves not attackable. Then if they do end up in the same dim, it's practically random anyway. Plus there's the fundamental problem that's been pointed out in the "group BG by BR" suggestions - you're punishing the strong for being strong and rewarding the weak for being weak. So, never going to happen.

If they're open to any suggestions, here's what I think would actually make everyone happy:
                              You can open a dimension in unlocked or locked mode. In locked mode, no one can attack it, but maybe there are drawbacks, like less life or lower rewards. In unlocked mode, you may end up in the same dimension as someone else, but rewards and/or dimension life are better, or the whole dimension may be higher quality. That way, no one ends up screwed out of a rare, highly valuable dimension unless they opted in to try for better rewards. People would open basics unlocked all the time, since they're common, but probably experts would be run locked most of the time, because it's just too big a gamble that you get a fraction of the rewards if someone else already started it.

Comment

*giggles*
                                A CEO of R2 once said that unlimited PvP kills a game.
                                This game has long been of biggest credit card wins. Normally I do not care, as I do not compete against those "whales".
                                This removes that option. But, the people at 7 roads do not read these forums, EVER. They do not care. Even IF R2 passes on the thoughts of its players, 7 roads DOES NOT CARE.
                                Play or not, neither R2/7roads cares one little bit. Until such time as the whales totally quit buying their stats, neither will even bother to look at server populations dwindling further, and further.
                                Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                                Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                                #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                                #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                                X