Request to fix dimension pvp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yamaneko123 View Post
    Attacking dimension if you know owner is very bad idea. If someone would hate someone else they could keep attacking same player.
    Some PVP stuff is good, but there should be some option if you want to attack and be attackable or you don't want to participate in PVP dimensions at all.

It could work like this:
    1) Create new dimension and if you dont want to be attacked, use some bound balens and create some guard house. (20 - 50 bb could be enough). Anyone else would not be able to attack you afterwards. But also you would not be able to attack anyone else when you open new dimension.
    2) If you want to attack then atleast 1 of your existing dimensions would have to be without that guard house and anyone could attack it too.
    3) BR of the player whose dimension is attacked by you would have to be in -10% to +10% range. So players with 500k BR could attack and be attacked only by players with BR from 450k to 550k.

if first 2 conditions would be hard to implement than atleast the 3rd would be good and fair for all. It could not happen that 100k BR player enters dimension of someone else with 500k BR or more.
    I will comment only on 3rd point. Now to end up in someone elses dimension, you need to open the same element and quality as him. This leaves less than 1/4 of your server population as possible targets (cant never have definitive data, but close enough). After adding the possible br filter, this will leave you what? 5-6-10max people who you can attack (for high br players even less). Add your idea of making guard houses. So for the time when you focus on 1 element, ie fire, youll be stuck attacking the same 2-3 people every time you or any of them open a new map. Isnt that worse and more closer to bullying?
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
      Its not even PvP, unless you take solo arena for PvP too, wonder what PvP stands for...
      PvP in dim would stand for ''Pockets Vs Pockets'' lol

Comment

who voted yes how can anyone like this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Onemar View Post
          Trolls who feed on people tears. As evidenced with a certain poster in this thread(you can see him a few posts above).
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

1000 alts and noobs on my server its imposible to open brand new dim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	569.5 KB
ID:	1712205

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
              I will comment only on 3rd point. Now to end up in someone elses dimension, you need to open the same element and quality as him. This leaves less than 1/4 of your server population as possible targets (cant never have definitive data, but close enough). After adding the possible br filter, this will leave you what? 5-6-10max people who you can attack (for high br players even less). Add your idea of making guard houses. So for the time when you focus on 1 element, ie fire, youll be stuck attacking the same 2-3 people every time you or any of them open a new map. Isnt that worse and more closer to bullying?
              Its worse than that. Making it 10% of BR would make low BRs virtually immune to invasion while leaving a much wider range at the top. Unfair is unfair whether you are 30k or 1.8 million BR.

The other problem is BR is so easy to manipulate. You know what the strong players who want to attack will do? They'll strip for the BR reading, then gear up and steal from someone who stands no chance.

Comment

Some people clearly do like it. I guess its "fun" as long as you're on the winning side?

To be honest, if they restructured the way it works, they could make it fun. Invasion would be more fun if the losses were smaller and the winner got better rewards. Face it, right now, you open a dimension, expecting a new one and find one pre-explored, or have someone come in later and steal events from you. That is robbing both owner and invader of the desirable events in the dimension. Your reward for winning? A 1% increase and you get to keep the dimension. Yay? You got trolled, had stuff stolen from you, but you get to keep the dimension. Lets all dance for joy.

They could improve on it. How about a temporary title depending on how close in BR to you the loser was? Mocking titles for easy stomps, awesome titles for beating someone stronger. They could also make it so the winner doesn't steal the dimension when they win, but instead gets one mailed to them of same quality but with more events. That would reduce the losers losses (they still lose out on any events/loot the winner took and would have to recapture bases from the NPC monsters after the winner clears and leaves) while still giving them reason to fight to protect their dimension.

I'd also suggest a cd on attacks if you're the invader. Invaders already have the advantage of the dimension being pre-explored and being able to literally capture basic dimensions and fairly new higher quality dimensions in minutes. Lets give the defender a home field advantage to keep things a little more fair. 1 hour cd for each attack the invader makes on a base. That gives the defender a chance to log in and fight back (not all of us play the game 24/7... heresy though it be, some of us have lives outside the game). The cd would also make forward bases worth spending on. One more thing to attack helps only if it'll put them over their 10 attacks. If it buys you and hour, that's more tangible value.

It would also be fun if the players have the option to take command of their toon if their base is attacked while they are online. That could add more strategy to it if you can beat the AI but not the player at the keyboard.

I doubt any of this will come to pass. Its just some thoughts on how the PvP could be implemented to make it more fun and worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  Something is off on Dims this AM.

I had an Int Dim 77% Cleared (but not completed), with really nothing left in it - was just stretching out the duration by not taking the last PvE Base, and some poor dude got dropped in there this morning.

I thought a Dimension couldn't be entered when it's 50%+ Complete? What makes it even worse is the guy left before I could kick him so he didn't even get a compensatory dimension chest back. So not right.
                  The 50%+ is dimension life & nothing with exploration. It really stinks when there are more people who leave the last base untouched but pluck the dimension clean, because it increases the chance for collision & the poor invader simply wastes a coordinate no matter they can beat the defender or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfish View Post
                    1000 alts and noobs on my server its imposible to open brand new dim

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136233[/ATTACH]
                    R2 server 1?

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                      lol my simple answer to "who voted yes" would be trolls & the ones who don't play wartune

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                        lol my simple answer to "who voted yes" would be trolls & the ones who don't play wartune
                        I reply YES !! i'm on wining side \o/

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          R2 server 1?
                          no 163 and yet there are ppl I never heard of playing in 2 years of my time on that server

yet another dimension went in someone who I never heard of wasted 6 dimensions in week most to alts and ppl who don't play serious game (those that never heard of)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	1712236

Comment

one person on our server opened 2 adv dims back to back and got into the exact same dim of the same person. since we don't take them from the other they lost both adv dims. why do they have this feature no one wants it and it will only cause ppl to quit. your call r2 but bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              Trolls who feed on people tears. As evidenced with a certain poster in this thread(you can see him a few posts above).
                              Yes - 7 - 7.22%
                              benoooo
                              bornleader
                              JkLoser87
                              kevs926
                              nicobergman88
                              R221689278
                              R282358633
                              Last edited by kevs926; 05-11-2015, 01:40 AM.
                              Level 49 Archer
                              BR 150k

Comment

Lovely, my small alt is a mage. She opened an Intermediate water today and found it already in progress by the TOP BLOODY PLAYER on our server. So she gets to swipe a few treasure chests and kill a few monsters before he boots her off of it. Compensation? a basic Light coord. Gee, thanks ever so much. NOT impressed.

Pretty damn lame system that NOBODY likes R2. Wake up and make things right by admitting it was a poor design idea and just get rid of it.
                                Gerlach Kabam 13 / Kharl R2 569

Comment

Working...
                                X