World Prosperity (1000% exp boost)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
    There is a difference between camping and laziness. Campers are frequently using the extra time from staying within a certain level range to complete research or attain titles (Executioner and Grim Reaper as examples) more easily than at level 80. The level camper's Battle rating is constantly going up on a regular basis and frequently they are in the process or have attained the maximum gear set to their level while working towards the next tier. As of 4.0 I do not recommend attempting to level camp below lvl 76 and even then, only long enough to finish getting everything needed to legend all the 70s gear.

The problem with the 1000% WP is that what before was a relatively reasonable window to attain the gear through regular grinding is now a water slide into the deep end of the pool. I'll give some cases I became aware of before my retirement from play (with the names changed to protect the guilty):

Case A: JaneDoe started play over a year ago, and has been advised many times by many players to slow down their experience gain to complete even one set of rage gear. Today, Jane is a lvl 80 advanced character with a total (daemon included) BR of under 150k, their main gear (armor, weapon, hat, brooch) are blue quality. Given this state of development, rushing to lvl 80 was a hideous idea, and very few are willing to help with the necessary runs because the player is unable or unwilling to understand that to progress further requires going backwards in place of chasing purely xp.

Case B: My last ToK run, normal difficulty. Player AGW is almost if not finished class advancement and is close to 600k combined BR. Player B is lvl 71 with a combined BR of 120k. Player K is lvl 70 with a combined BR of 50k, which proceeded to tell the group the reason that their character died was due to lag. AGW and I managed to not respond the overwhelming and obvious reason K dying was due to their total and completely pathetic gear which had no sets at all, not even matching rings or jewelry. Player B at least had a complete set.

Case C: JaneBrown has been level 80 for more than 6 months now. JaneB's combined BR is under 250k, and they frequently beg for help through virtually everything (wilds lvl 80 bosses, TA, mpds, the works). The only reason this player gets help is because they actually do the footwork of finding the bosses in wilds, despite the fact Spirit of Dark frequently kills them in a single attack. JaneB has yet to even attain any lvl 80 gear despite the length of time being at lvl 80.

Yes, laba-laba, there are incredibly short-sighted players out there and now the ones in Kabam S15/25 USWest are someone else's problem. (all the above cases are VIP players as well, they are someone else's problem because I've retired from playing)

Before 4.0 very few were willing to help the lower BRs, even if the player who needed was their guildmate. Now many of the otherwise helpful class advanced players are being swamped with help requests that it is coming to legitimately hard working players are losing out. The fact of racing the hordes to level 80 will likely make more of the players with properly built characters to start routinely enabling refuse invites simply so they can get things done. If you already have little time to spare to advance your own character, logically why would you want to help others?
    Tree,

Funny in how it sounds, I would have to agree on helping. I don't mind helping from time to time; however, some people think it is your obligation to help them every time. Sure you can carry people through the whole MPD, but what time do you have? I am trying to play less, not more. People should form teams, or have a set group so they can all develop together. Though it is getting harder as a lot of my in game friends have stopped playing and most people do not have the same strength (BR is relative) to do the new runs effectively.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Samureye for not attempting to throw insults, before retirement I was often helping (which may have led to retiring from burning out). I agree with several people's opinions, for example laba-laba with that players should make the effort to get the gear and build up their character strength to the point of being able to hold their weight. I also agree with Wraithraiser that 1000% WP is a bit much, and with StevenDeschain that most likely the hard working new players will find themselves woefully underpowered and forced to decide how to deal with their situation.

I am not anti-experience. I am anti-uncontrolled level gain, which is what the current 1000% WP is, and if it stacks to experience scrolls and various other experience gain boosts heaven help those players. A certain critic seems to have forgotten that there has been many changes in the game to the point players can obtain a level or more every mpd run, and arena (or PvP) gear was removed.

To the critic:
      Dedicated level campers have existed for years, and increasing the experience rewards will do little to change this, if anything my opinion is that to deal with it more will choose to level camp over the long term. Two years ago players were level camping in the lvl 40-49 bracket to get Lord Divine when that was the highest honor rank, so your point does not hold water since talents are only opened at level 50. The dedicated under 50 camper now can skip many aspects and truly only needs to do wilds, GB and WB to keep pace as between arena and wilds shop they can get all the crystaloids and gems they need. As for what does it show....lol....it shows you are more interested in trying to discredit and insult anyone who does not share your views. Try understanding context and not confusing it next time, or just move on to the next post!
      Last edited by ATreeTopper; 05-07-2015, 04:52 PM.
      IGN: TreeTopper
      Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
      Guild: ESKReborn
      Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
      Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
        There is a difference between camping and laziness. Campers are frequently using the extra time from staying within a certain level range to complete research or attain titles (Executioner and Grim Reaper as examples) more easily than at level 80. The level camper's Battle rating is constantly going up on a regular basis and frequently they are in the process or have attained the maximum gear set to their level while working towards the next tier. As of 4.0 I do not recommend attempting to level camp below lvl 76 and even then, only long enough to finish getting everything needed to legend all the 70s gear.

The problem with the 1000% WP is that what before was a relatively reasonable window to attain the gear through regular grinding is now a water slide into the deep end of the pool. I'll give some cases I became aware of before my retirement from play (with the names changed to protect the guilty):

Case A: JaneDoe started play over a year ago, and has been advised many times by many players to slow down their experience gain to complete even one set of rage gear. Today, Jane is a lvl 80 advanced character with a total (daemon included) BR of under 150k, their main gear (armor, weapon, hat, brooch) are blue quality. Given this state of development, rushing to lvl 80 was a hideous idea, and very few are willing to help with the necessary runs because the player is unable or unwilling to understand that to progress further requires going backwards in place of chasing purely xp.

Case B: My last ToK run, normal difficulty. Player AGW is almost if not finished class advancement and is close to 600k combined BR. Player B is lvl 71 with a combined BR of 120k. Player K is lvl 70 with a combined BR of 50k, which proceeded to tell the group the reason that their character died was due to lag. AGW and I managed to not respond the overwhelming and obvious reason K dying was due to their total and completely pathetic gear which had no sets at all, not even matching rings or jewelry. Player B at least had a complete set.

Case C: JaneBrown has been level 80 for more than 6 months now. JaneB's combined BR is under 250k, and they frequently beg for help through virtually everything (wilds lvl 80 bosses, TA, mpds, the works). The only reason this player gets help is because they actually do the footwork of finding the bosses in wilds, despite the fact Spirit of Dark frequently kills them in a single attack. JaneB has yet to even attain any lvl 80 gear despite the length of time being at lvl 80.

Yes, laba-laba, there are incredibly short-sighted players out there and now the ones in Kabam S15/25 USWest are someone else's problem. (all the above cases are VIP players as well, they are someone else's problem because I've retired from playing)

Before 4.0 very few were willing to help the lower BRs, even if the player who needed was their guildmate. Now many of the otherwise helpful class advanced players are being swamped with help requests that it is coming to legitimately hard working players are losing out. The fact of racing the hordes to level 80 will likely make more of the players with properly built characters to start routinely enabling refuse invites simply so they can get things done. If you already have little time to spare to advance your own character, logically why would you want to help others?
        Campers are frequently using the extra time from staying within a certain level range to avoid fighting (m)any people stronger than them. They fear losing in general, especially in BG. The level camper's Battle rating is generally stagnant.

Case A: JaneDoe should run Den nm and make her 60L set. Then move up to Lych nm. Trying to immediately go to Nirvana nm is stupid. Just because you are level 80 does not mean you have to do the lvl 80 MPD.

Case B: Has no relevance.

Case C: Stop begging for carries and build your character by doing BR-appropriate tasks.

Many players do not help for a few reasons:

1. The attitude of the people asking for help. Constant whining and begging is annoying as is the "you're obligated to help me".
        2. They are offline, afk, or running things their own accounts need aka they're busy/unavailable.
        3. They do not like you for one reason or another.
        4. They despise doing carries out of principle or when the asker does not even attempt to look for a run themselves.

Comment

The overwhelming majority of the dedicated (or long-term/ 3+ months) level campers behave exactly as you have posted, perhaps having become addicted to winning in PvP? Their BR only stagnates when their mount training and astral levels are at the maximum (or nearly so, in the case of high level astrals), beyond this, I agree completely.

The advice in Cases A and C could not be stated any better. Case B however is relevant because both Players B and K are subject to the 1000% WP: Player B if careful with level gain (by upgrading talents) will likely move on to lvl 80 as a party member that carries their own weight. Player K on the other hand.... looks to be heading the same way that Cases A and C, namely unable to handle what lies ahead unless they stop gaining levels. Frankly I doubt K could handle Void NM without help, and at their current level gaining pace will reach level 80 by the end of this week.

For the reasons why players do not help, well stated, and very accurate. Thanks Fufu.
          Last edited by ATreeTopper; 05-07-2015, 11:04 PM.
          IGN: TreeTopper
          Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
          Guild: ESKReborn
          Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
          Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by R2114207353 View Post
            LOL never a camper will do something that gives exp, so they can camp forever if they want. This exp buff isn't injuring the campers, and yes the new server players. I already saw some paper players in bg and arena comin from the new servers. They dont even got the 7 day login rewards and already reached lv30-50+
            Then why does this thread exist?
            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
              Then why does this thread exist?
              Just like a said before, this exp is injuring the new players and is makin impossible for someone get some equipament set. Start a acc now and try to get the lv50 set, I doubt you can get it.

This is what I wrote in another thread.

Originally posted by R2114207353
              [...] from lv40 to lv50 we need a total of ~84M exp to level up to 50 and we are getting 20M (2M + WP 1000%) per day in catacombs , but we are getting the same amount of Crypt Tokens that is 190 . How do the players will get the required itens to equipament lv50 if we can get only 760 ((80M / 20M) * 190) crypt tokens in total? We need 2000 CTs (if I'm not wrong) do make all set, only the rings needs 1400 CTs. Now I'm stuck in lv40 waiting this f**** buffer be removed . I don't want compromise my set 50 so please
              REMOVE THIS 1000% EXP BUFFER,
              give this buffer for lv80 players (lv80 players get 0% ¬¬) they need more than us!!!
              Wartune, a game that get worst each new maintenance... ¬¬

Comment

Just like a said before, this exp is injuring the new players and is makin impossible for someone get some equipament set. Start a acc now and try to get the lv50 set, I doubt you can get it.

This is what I wrote in another thread.
                i never got 50 set when i was leveling, i wish i was able to skip 60 and 70 too and all the meaningless time i spent leveling and getting stuff i used just for a month or two, why would you want some inferior items?

Comment

i never got 50 set when i was leveling, i wish i was able to skip 60 and 70 too and all the meaningless time i spent leveling and getting stuff i used just for a month or two, why would you want some inferior items?
                  Do u jumped to 70 in one or two month? This seems like nubism unless you are a full casher. You asked why do I want inferior itens, I want it just cause I like to play the whole game not the half of it, if you jump so fast you wont enjoy each part of game :\

I'm a free player, so I dont have to camper, I MUST CAMPER, all free players must to camp to get at least some good br to scratch the nub cashers xD

So, the game gives the set 30, in lv30 I want to get all itens of set 40, in lv40 I want get all itens of set lv50 and so on. You never played classics like Final Fantasy? Where is always good get resources before fight the bosses (in these games level up is worth)?

I'm right the players here want to enjoy the game by parts and not hit the max level in few months and be a high level nub that cant do nothing of th level. But you can say: "Ah, you up to 80 and go doing the things of lv20,lv30, on... ¬¬" No, this is ridiculus unless the game remove the LEVEL of all player or put everybody to lv80 in start of game, the chinese wartune you begins at lv40 xb. So, the main purpose the game is to enjoy each lv braket and do all there, so then u level up to next branket, ex. 50-59.

Comment

Do u jumped to 70 in one or two month? This seems like nubism unless you are a full casher. You asked why do I want inferior itens, I want it just cause I like to play the whole game not the half of it, if you jump so fast you wont enjoy each part of game :\

I'm a free player, so I dont have to camper, I MUST CAMPER, all free players must to camp to get at least some good br to scratch the nub cashers xD

So, the game gives the set 30, in lv30 I want to get all itens of set 40, in lv40 I want get all itens of set lv50 and so on. You never played classics like Final Fantasy? Where is always good get resources before fight the bosses (in these games level up is worth)?

I'm right the players here want to enjoy the game by parts and not hit the max level in few months and be a high level nub that cant do nothing of th level. But you can say: "Ah, you up to 80 and go doing the things of lv20,lv30, on... ¬¬" No, this is ridiculus unless the game remove the LEVEL of all player or put everybody to lv80 in start of game, the chinese wartune you begins at lv40 xb. So, the main purpose the game is to enjoy each lv braket and do all there, so then u level up to next branket, ex. 50-59.
                    The game as every mmorpg really STARTS at max level. Enjoying every bit of it? I didnt enjoyed at all 1 hour long key runs for cristaloids, if you do enjoy such things, no one is stopping you to go and collect every possible junk you can get.

Comment

The best events of this game are PVP events, if you can't do a good arena or a good bg is better don't play this game cause the PVE belongs to full cashers of your server. And is a shame for someone at high level lose to a low level just like some nub at lv73 in my server that attaked me in gb and amethyst mine with sylph and undaemon and LOST (ROFL), and I'm only a lv40 with 42k br O.O
                      LOOOOOOL

Comment

The best events of this game are PVP events, if you can't do a good arena or a good bg is better don't play this game cause the PVE belongs to full cashers of your server. And is a shame for someone at high level lose to a low level just like some nub at lv73 in my server that attaked me in gb and amethyst mine with sylph and undaemon and LOST (ROFL), and I'm only a lv40 with 42k br O.O
                        LOOOOOOL
                        I am happy for people like you that cant beat pve, cause its dominated by cashers, but kill them in pvp. Not many such tho, you might be the only one.

Comment

The game as every mmorpg really STARTS at max level.
                          So ask them to remove the level even knowing that they wont. xD
                          no one is stopping you to go and collect every possible junk you can get.
                          Junk for high lv not for low level players, a lv3 crystaloid is important for a lv49- player but not for a lv59- player. And yes, if u are full casher u really dont need these junk, is good let it to free that want climb all lvs getting all itens, at least we have fun with this .

Comment

With every post you turn more stupid, my brain cant handle that much idiocity. Good night.

Comment

funny, since the huge exp boost, i've only gotten 3 levels and i've been doing MORE stuff instead of less. Easy to slow down in the 70's, catch up with gear and not get plowed when u advance.

Comment

You just get "plowed" by the L70 campers.

Comment

Working...
                                X