Impressive stats - Char comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The upshot is:

If the normal leveler gets their 50 Legend gear at lvl 58 - that means they have 2 levels / 6 days or so prep time for lvl 60 gear.

The slow leveler gets their 50 Legend gear say by level 53 - they then have 7 levels / 7 months to prep for level 60.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
      I purchased most of my crystaloids through the crystaloid pack sales.

I also got a fair few as a reward for something else in the game. Though my memory is hazy, as it was a long time ago.

you're missing the slow leveling point.

Lets say for arguements sake players gain 5 keys daily.

so the regular player spends 3 days per level in the 40's that's 150 keys saved up if the player starts saving at lvl 40. then on day 11 they get to start spending. And within 2 days their keys are used up if they do full summoner runs.

the slow leveler might spend 10 days per level. Thus they save up, 500keys if they also start saving at level 40. On the 100th day they get to spend their keys. They have enough keys to earn their 800 crystaloids within a week.

Thus the slow leveler 'saves' more keys. It's about the time taken to save gear. Not the number of levels. That's the strength of the slow leveler.
      Ah so you bought them. That explains a lot thanks for clearing that up.

You are right. As a regular levelling player I admit I do not understand the point of slow levelling, which is why I'm here and grateful for respectful discussions. I had always assumed that the point of a slow leveller was to be strong for his/her level range and nothing more. Clearly this is not the case.

You mentioned that it's about the time taken to save gear. Using your example above however, in the same period of time (100 days) that the slow leveller takes to amass 500 keys, would the regular player not also have saved up the same amount of keys? The only difference I see is that while the slow leveller saves his keys so that he may spend them all in a short period of time and get his gear 'instantly', the regular player does not save and spends his keys as he goes and gets his gear piece by piece. Overall, the regular levelling player gets his gear done quicker since he can also farm the crystaloids from MPs of his level range while the slow leveller does not/cannot.

Have I misunderstood something again?
      [S1] Temple of Ibalize
      Frostie
      Mage
      VictisHNR

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post

You are right. As a regular levelling player I admit I do not understand the point of slow levelling, which is why I'm here and grateful for respectful discussions. I had always assumed that the point of a slow leveller was to be strong for his/her level range and nothing more. Clearly this is not the case.

You mentioned that it's about the time taken to save gear. Using your example above however, in the same period of time (100 days) that the slow leveller takes to amass 500 keys, would the regular player not also have saved up the same amount of keys? The only difference I see is that while the slow leveller saves his keys so that he may spend them all in a short period of time and get his gear 'instantly', the regular player does not save and spends his keys as he goes and gets his gear piece by piece. Overall, the regular levelling player gets his gear done quicker since he can also farm the crystaloids from MPs of his level range while the slow leveller does not/cannot.

Yes overall the faster leveler gets the gear faster.

But for me personally, it's about getting as strong as I can at each level. It's a competition with myself to see how far I can get. But it's also about 'doing the impossible'. I got told it was impossible to have a 40k BR at level 49. I had a 42k+ BR when I finally turned 50, and my BR was 50K+ a few hours later once I had synth'd and enchanted up my level 50 gear. There are people who are 10 levels below me and ripping the targets I set for myself to shreds.

The other aspect to my game play is prolonging the game play for myself. If you play at average leveling speed - you shoot through to 30 in a day, to 40 in a week and onto 50 within a month. Most players concentrate on the MPD's and the level specific aspects of gameplay. Which is fine. But the boredom factor in a repetitive game like this is high, so I play each level as long as I can till I get bored. Then I ca level up and have something new to play with. Or watch my preparations for level X come into fruition.
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Overall, the regular levelling player gets his gear done quicker
          Timewise: yes. Which is the viewpoint of any regular player. Levelwise (the viewpoint of a slow leveler): no.

Comment

A regular leveller may have completed his set earlier because of fast levelling but disregarding his honor which in turn low medallion... Still the advantage of slow leveller is the medallion and the honor. Almost all slow levellers in level 59 are Lord Divine... Regular players may have completed their set early so what, Slow levellers when they completed their set will still be more powerful than regular levellers...

Comment

No, I have never intentionally slowed my levelling. The only form of 'slowing' I do is through investment in Talents and HS. They're at a combined 40 now, which is far from the cap.

I think your example above is unfair. You are comparing a slow leveller with high spending power against a normal leveller with little to no cashing. There is absolutely no way that one can attain the same level of HS as an older player in "a couple of days or so". You can only run Spire once a day, and do MPs 3 times a day. Even with double EXP scrolls, we're talking about tens and possibly hundreds of millions of exp here. This is not possible in the short frame of time you mentioned. Also, whoever spends the most wins. This is the only truth in the game.

Also, can you explain further what you mean when you say a slow leveller has the advantage in gathering gear materials? This is a genuine question, as I admittedly do not have much knowledge on slow levelling.

Let us compare, all else being equal, a L59 slow leveller and a L60 normal leveller. Both of them are aiming for the L60 rage gear. Both of them get the same number of skeleton keys per day, and both of them buy 5 stones from guild shop everyday. Both are non-VIP and do not spend cash.

-For each day the slow leveller remains below 60, he's missing out on a guaranteed 6 crystaloids from MP runs.
              -To synthesize a higher level crystaloid, 10 lower-levelled ones are needed.
              -For each day the slow leveller intentionally misses out events to reduce inbound EXP, the normal leveller takes a small step further ahead in upgrading his Talents/HS
              -For each day the slow leveller intentionally misses out on cata (I'm not sure if they do, am just assuming), the normal leveller takes a small step further ahead in crafting better gems

There is no way, as far as I can tell, for that slow leveller to ever surpass the rate of gathering crystaloids/stones of the normal leveller. If you were to assume both are hard cashers, the situation would be exactly the same. The only way for a slow leveller to pass the normal leveller in strength is to outspend him, or spend a lot more time playing.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I genuinely do not see a way for the slow leveller to ever catch up with a normal leveller. I have surpassed many slow levellers on S1 who used to beat me when I first started. They may not be monsters like Ginger, but 20K BR at L39 was a pretty big deal 8 months ago when I was doing BG with a 14K BR. Now, most of them have either quit, or are still gathering crystaloids for their L60 gear, whereas I've completed mine. Otherwise, I completely agree with you that it really depends on whether the person knows how to build his/her toon, with or without money.
              Wait now. The 59 slow leveler is aiming for the 60 set right? But does it have the 50 legendary set or just the regular PvP set same as 60 dude? Confusing right there >.> And You can also see this girl named Marina on my server, in a week and 2 days she had gotten from level 55 to level 62. SO it is easy to obtain exp with altar, refreshing the bounty list only completing the orange ones which means 20 orange Bounty quest plus buying the 200% exp scrolls and yes with world prosperity. the 60 is yes going to have more time getting it and also depends on situation. Since they do not both spend it will be hell trying to obtain the crystaloids @_@ and the regular 60 has about let's say 40-43k br. Yes there are nice people but mainly people do ME NM with like 50k br. The 60 would have harder time to stay alive in their/less help. While the Slow leveler with the 50 gear (we are supposing and that it reached 60) would more likely survive and has 45k+ or more br so people will tend to go with the more br one and 50 set makes ME NM much easier to go through. And What I mean by gear materials is that they can also buy the 60 stones in shop and purchase them in Glory Shop yes same 60 player can get the same stones as the slow leveler but when the slow lever say his/her goal is to get enough stones for 60 rings/jewels then at 60 he/she will automatically have it at what the same time the 60 player would have to obtain 60 rings/jewels but it more higher level now. So hope that made sense @_@
              Anyways, A lot of non-cashers rely on slow leveling because it makes a lot of things more easier for them.
              Last edited by Titaness; 08-03-2013, 06:36 PM.
              “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Titaness
              S2 Edena Village
              Knight

Comment

• I'm confused with the term slow leveler, what does it mean? Isn't not doing 95 devo is hurting more?
                That's what I had in mind when I hear slow leveler (people who doesn't do 95 devo),
                because I've done 95 devo and doing MPs for my level all this time as daily normal player.
                I have never missed making a single set, any set, arena and rage set since level 20s
                and I used both, rage set for MP and arena set for arena before I was level 60.

Slow levelers are just not daily players, who wants more relaxing time to grind,
                since time really isn't an issue for normal players. I didn't have spire or altar to powerlevel
                as much before 1.5 update but I was already level 60. It's a non-issue either since you
                don't need them or not enough skill points until you have 60 set with level 6 gems to consistently
                get far enough to worth thinking doing spire daily.
                [morfinnor]
                Temple of Ibalize

Comment

• Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                  I'm confused with the term slow leveler, what does it mean? Isn't not doing 95 devo is hurting more?
                  That's what I had in mind when I hear slow leveler (people who doesn't do 95 devo),
                  because I've done 95 devo and doing MPs for my level all this time as daily normal player.
                  I have never missed making a single set, any set, arena and rage set since level 20s

Slow levelers are just not daily players, who wants more relaxing time to grind,
                  since time really isn't an issue for normal players. I didn't have spire or altar to powerlevel
                  as much before 1.5 update but I was already level 60. It's a non-issue either since you
                  don't need them or not enough skill points until you have 60 set with level 6 gems to consistently
                  Term Slow leveling means you build your character efficiently and dominate at your level. It does not mean not doing 95 devotion. You can still get it just a tiny bit of exp is needed.
                  Slow levelers are also daily players but usually have less stuff to do.
                  “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Titaness
                  S2 Edena Village
                  Knight

Comment

I'm confused with the term slow leveler, what does it mean? Isn't not doing 95 devo is hurting more?

Tsk Tsk before saying something you must know whats the meaning... Slow levellers are those players who play the way like regular players does doing the same activities does but with 0 to less xp... Slow levellers can complete 95 devo like regular players but using brains to lessen xp...
                    Slow levellers in bracket 59 for example do campaigns in Buradoth thus gaining 0 xp, doing mp in viod nightmare thus gaining 0 xp, enters catacaombs then exit thus gaining 0 xp, enters spire then exit thus gaining 0 xp, enters altar of ennoblement, fighting in group arena, does guild contribution, does guild blessing, does astral, does plunder other players, does take quarry, does harvest, does visit farm, does daily log in, does spend vouchers, does speak in world chat, does solo arena, does world boss and enter battlegrounds collect shards and honor... Now do you understand what Slow levellers do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Titaness View Post
                      Term Slow leveling means you build your character efficiently and dominate at your level. It does not mean not doing 95 devotion. You can still get it just a tiny bit of exp is needed.
                      Slow levelers are also daily players but usually have less stuff to do.
                      If that's the definition, avoiding exp is disastrous. BR is the measurement of strength (of stats, not real strength), Exp is the measurement of time (server gaming time, not real time).
                      Less Exp = the more time you have missed out on building real strength, not just stats. I understand goal is squeezing more BR/stat to every second (real time) you can spend on,
                      but avoiding XP doesn't give you more SR or server strength to help on class wars that is reflected on use of your talents and skills/runes. Takes insane cash to take your BR high
                      enough to overcome a good normal-leveling player, 15K BR to be exact from the current rankings.
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

If that's the definition, avoiding exp is disastrous. BR is the measurement of strength (of stats, not real strength), Exp is the measurement of time (server gaming time, not real time).
                        Less Exp = the more time you have missed out on building real strength, not just stats. I understand goal is squeezing more BR/stat to every second (real time) you can spend on,
                        but avoiding XP doesn't give you more SR or server strength to help on class wars that is reflected on use of your talents and skills/runes. Takes insane cash to take your BR high
                        enough to overcome a good normal-leveling player, 15K BR to be exact from the current rankings.
                        well they dont go class war, since most of them maybe capping at 39 or 49 or 59
                        n even so they will wait until their stables hit lvl 8 and soul engraving 80 at 49 or 59 before finally deciding to level to 80, in this way, they can play more efficiently, having the required br to do even lvl 70 nm when they do finally hit it. I believe soul engraving 80 and stables lvl 8, with lvl 50 pve set gives about 120k+ br in china, if refined correctly and gems are level 8.
                        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

• Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                          well they dont go class war, since most of them maybe capping at 39 or 49 or 59
                          n even so they will wait until their stables hit lvl 8 and soul engraving 80 at 49 or 59 before finally deciding to level to 80, in this way, they can play more efficiently, having the required br to do even lvl 70 nm when they do finally hit it. I believe soul engraving 80 and stables lvl 8, with lvl 50 pve set gives about 120k+ br in china, if refined correctly and gems are level 8.
                          Dont underestimate a Slow leveller in Class Wars... I have always been a slow leveller and in 39, 49, 59 and now in 64 and I am always in top 50 of class wars... And I have only spend money for 5 months vip and for the 3k balens ever since and I would never buy anymore balens for the rest of my gaming life...
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	60kbr2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	1672862
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	60kbr1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	1672863
                          I am contented with my level 1 wing and free mounts and those mounts that I can buy using glory points from class wars...
                          Why would I need to collect pve 60 set if that would mean so much xp if I am contented with my pve 50 legendary... As a matter of fact I completed my pve 50 legendary in just less than 2 weeks doing summoning in god nm while if I were to complete pve 60 that would mean I have to be level 65 to summon in dt nm thus lessening the time to about 2 months because if it is to be done in moon nm it will take 4 months to complete... If you think of it, we players who have level 50 pve can defeat the players who are vying for level 60 pve for 3 months before those players can retaliate because they have completed level 60 pve... Think about that 3 months slow levellers defeating regular levellers does that hurt the fact...

Comment

• Originally posted by balautoy View Post
                            Dont underestimate a Slow leveller in Class Wars... I have always been a slow leveller and in 39, 49, 59 and now in 64 and I am always in top 50 of class wars... And I have only spend money for 5 months vip and for the 3k balens ever since and I would never buy anymore balens for the rest of my gaming life...
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49992[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49993[/ATTACH]
                            I am contented with my level 1 wing and free mounts and those mounts that I can buy using glory points from class wars...
                            Why would I need to collect pve 60 set if that would mean so much xp if I am contented with my pve 50 legendary... As a matter of fact I completed my pve 50 legendary in just less than 2 weeks doing summoning in god nm while if I were to complete pve 60 that would mean I have to be level 65 to summon in dt nm thus lessening the time to about 2 months because if it is to be done in moon nm it will take 4 months to complete... If you think of it, we players who have level 50 pve can defeat the players who are vying for level 60 pve for 3 months before those players can retaliate because they have completed level 60 pve... Think about that 3 months slow levellers defeating regular levellers does that hurt the fact...
                            yeah i hope to beat lvl 80s with my lvl 49 mage next time. Gz on you beating those 70k and 80k brs on your way to top 50, it shows that br isnt everything, so i hope that i can beat a 90k br with 20k br next time.
                            Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                            Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                            Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                            One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                            In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                            One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                            One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                            In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

• Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                              yeah i hope to beat lvl 80s with my lvl 49 mage next time. Gz on you beating those 70k and 80k brs on your way to top 50, it shows that br isnt everything, so i hope that i can beat a 90k br with 20k br next time.
                              This thread is getting more stupid by the minute... i wish it would get closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by R216842175 View Post
                                This thread is getting more stupid by the minute... i wish it would get closed.
                                well that guy shows br isnt everything and 50k br can beat 80k br too

Comment

Working...
                                X