Iris Being OP'd with archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Eilistraee- View Post
    My crit is at 6145, i have a purple apollo and a 3star blur iris... just wondering which will be the better one for me to invest in
    Apollo. If yours is as strong as mine you can out dmg a purple iris's crit heal =P (provided your hero stats are at least equal than the enemy's hero stats...)
    IGN: Athena
    Guild: Warriors
    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Class: Archer
    Difficulty Level: Noob
    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

• That was rather funny lol if EDD did have a 2k increase per hit I wouldn't care about them heals since my damage would so OP'd lol, as unfair as it maybe guess we'll just have to go along with it, well I tried, knew it wouldn't do shat but, well, can't just look at crit users having an unfair advantage on EWDs ^^
      S240 knight
      Lvl 64
      Camper
      Almost non casher
      Hater of spawn campers

And FFFRIGGIN TALKATIVE CHAT SPAMMER TALKING ON EVERY CHAT ALL THE TIME! (not on world cuz i got no bullhorns )

Comment

• -_-

Comment

• Originally posted by OniZoro View Post
          That was rather funny lol if EDD did have a 2k increase per hit I wouldn't care about them heals since my damage would so OP'd lol, as unfair as it maybe guess we'll just have to go along with it, well I tried, knew it wouldn't do shat but, well, can't just look at crit users having an unfair advantage on EWDs ^^
          Crit is always more OP than EWD. EWD is a constant 50% increase at max lvl astral. Crit astral also adds 50% dmg when u hit crits, but the crit hit itself also has the additional crit bonus (not including the one from astral) so if that is added to the 50% from crit astral, the extra dmg done in that crit hit will always be higher than what an EWD hit can achieve. That is why to balance out, crits do not occur on every hit so its 1 in many hits that u do a ridiculous amount of dmg to the opponent if they are close in str to ur char.
          IGN: Athena
          Guild: Warriors
          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
          Class: Archer
          Difficulty Level: Noob
          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

• I'm not even complaining about damage here, It don't matter, I know crit has a chance and it's damage is way higher than EWD, that ends there, But iris heals are affected by crit AND Determination while EWD has no effect on them, pretty much OP'ing all crit users as they heal 60k+ in one crit with rain dance while knights barely get 35k, that's for people around my BR, as we grow it's only gonna expand the distance which is Total **
            S240 knight
            Lvl 64
            Camper
            Almost non casher
            Hater of spawn campers

And FFFRIGGIN TALKATIVE CHAT SPAMMER TALKING ON EVERY CHAT ALL THE TIME! (not on world cuz i got no bullhorns )

Comment

• Iris made ​​us lose our task as healer.
              they can heal team even better than mage.
              I even feel useless and very hard to find a party.
              how do you feel if there will be a Sylph who have spells like knight / archer?

I hope you understand our feelings as a healer / mages.

Comment

• Originally posted by OniZoro View Post
                I'm not even complaining about damage here, It don't matter, I know crit has a chance and it's damage is way higher than EWD, that ends there, But iris heals are affected by crit AND Determination while EWD has no effect on them, pretty much OP'ing all crit users as they heal 60k+ in one crit with rain dance while knights barely get 35k, that's for people around my BR, as we grow it's only gonna expand the distance which is Total **
                The Iris necessitates changing to a Critical Spec. Period.

Critical Spec is already better once your BR is in the 80k+ Range and can manage a L6 Holy Sniper & L7 Enhance Determination. When you're rocking a L8 Sniper & L9 Deter it's just silly. Convert to Crit Gems - which start to jump big at L6, L7 and L8, Refine for Crit with all those free Refinement Locks and you'll be rocking 5500+ Crit in no time.

Unfortunately, with that same build an Archer is rocking a 7000+ Crit because of the passive bonus - and you can really see the difference with the Pet.

Knights though shouldn't really complain too much. You also get a huge boost that Mages and Archers don't see. You have a passive +20% Healing Received - which works when your own Iris heals you. I've seen Knights Crit-Heal themselves with Warm Spring for 90k+ and with Rain Dance for 130k+ whereas when it affects others it's quite a bit less.

Comment

• Originally posted by RinaVee View Post
                  Iris made ​​us lose our task as healer.

Now you know how us knights feel before this came out. When the only people that were accepted in MPDs were 2 archers and 2 mage parties. Wait till next update when lighting and dark comes out. Hardly anyone will use iris anymore. So learn to deal until then.

Comment

Iris made ​​us lose our task as healer.

I'm a Mage and I'm resigned to being a fairly under-powered / less useful player for the foreseeable future. The era of the Knight is dawning. Right now one could argue that either Knights or Archers are superior, but soon enough it's just going to be all Knights all the time.

The addition of the Lightning Sylph will give Knights the damage oomph in WB to keep up with Archers every other round. The existing Iris makes them practically unbeatable by equal BR players of other classes, when played right. Then there will be the change-over to Wartune 3.0 in the late Spring. Knight are going to become utterly dominant, and really replace the need for Archers. One of their Advanced Class Skills is to turn Shadow Thrasher into a DF - adding a 100% chance to Slow for 3 Rounds onto a Skill that has a 1s CD and only a Net-Loss of 15 Rage. Once you've got a Knight with that, the only reason you bring an Archer is if you need the Incendiary or Scatter - the latter which is easily replaced with Runes. The former which is also somewhat replaceable by the Knights Advanced Skills...

Knight already have the two best Delphics in the game vs. a Single Target and they're also gonna get a 3rd called "Fatal Blow", that while not precisely a Delphic, will do 220% + 125% Bleed over 5 Rounds, making it the 3rd Strongest Class Skill in the game behind their two Delphics. The new Delphic they ARE getting is "Esoteric Bladestorm" which will be a 175% Full AoE w/ a 10% Stat Debuff for 3 Rounds on those hit - like how the Crypt Bosses do their AoE Debuff attack. You do the math on that and it's not hard to figure that it's probably a better overall debuff than Incendiary.

Yeah, we Mages will still get the best Advanced Class AoE @ 400% - so that's something. But that's still not as good as a Lightning Sylph. And it won't have the ability to Stun like Hell Frenzy or the Iris Delphic. But, we also won't be able to use Rage Runes anymore because of an Advanced Passive that ups our regen to +5 from +2, but blocks our use of Rage Runes. So there's a lot of suck involved there too. The two things we really want: 1. Thunderer that has a 100% Chance to Slow for PvE purposes, and 2. A Passive Healing Buff that restores us to being the best Healers - we didn't get.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      Now you know how us knights feel before this came out. When the only people that were accepted in MPDs were 2 archers and 2 mage parties. Wait till next update when lighting and dark comes out. Hardly anyone will use iris anymore. So learn to deal until then.
                      0xy - seriously - lose the bitterness.

There's a lot of people here that truly felt for the Knights when they were the ones on the low-end in PvE, and we always made room for them. Yeah, you had your handful of D-Bags that rubbed it in that the Mage class could own a Knight, just as you had those Archers who rubbed it in that they owned Mages. That was a form of balance - in PvP at least. We're entering an Era where the Mage class is becoming fairly worthless in all aspects. Sunto will be our only unique PvE skill to bring to the table. We'll have the worst DPS and the worst Pet Healing. In PvP, we aren't going to stand much of a chance against equal BR opponents that use Iris to keep themselves up and compliment their huge PAtk DPS.

Saying , "Now you know how it feels" is a purely inflammatory remark, and doesn't address anything other than you being glad that someone's getting shafted that isn't you. Not exactly a nice sentiment now, is it?

Also, Lightning Sylphs are PvE Sylphs, not PvP for most, because they only have 1 reliable AoE. Iris will remain the PvP Pet of choice for Knights. Lightning will be the WB & Necro Pet, Dark will be the Pet for Spire, Iris for MP and ToK. That's how most Knights run it on the Chinese Servers.

Comment

• I've run LL NM with a crit mage (my team's normal mage) with blue Iris 4 star, and an archer blue iris 4 star.
                        On Rain dance our mage crit heals for 70-80k, while the archer crits for 90k+

Have also run with a knight with a 2 star blue, non-crit, heals for 40-50k (though the knight isn't "top class" putting it nicely below 100k br)

Sylphs do generally change a lot of aspects of the game, and open up a lot of different possibilities, can't really say I dislike the change even if sometimes at the receiving end of arena losses/bg losses w/e from massive heals or massive crit delphics. Things are a bit more unpredictable now and it makes it more fun.

Comment

• This whole discussion is over with the electric sylph release, -85 resistance makes it up for one shot iris. Its cool for now, same as orange apollo - but with the new stuff it will be PVE only

Comment

• Originally posted by Arma_Another View Post
                            This whole discussion is over with the electric sylph release, -85 resistance makes it up for one shot iris. Its cool for now, same as orange apollo - but with the new stuff it will be PVE only
                            That's -85, NOT -85%. It's not a big deal at all.

If you up your Armor by 85 Pts, you'll reduce about 2K Damage per 100% done. Not bad. If you had 85% DR you'd be unbeatable.

Comment

they do...pan does the same thing the knight does

and mages are still more popular than knights by far, oh we can heal once/twice evry min....but mr mage can dish out 5 dif heals back to back if he has the rage

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                                0xy - seriously - lose the bitterness.

There's a lot of people here that truly felt for the Knights when they were the ones on the low-end in PvE, and we always made room for them. Yeah, you had your handful of D-Bags that rubbed it in that the Mage class could own a Knight, just as you had those Archers who rubbed it in that they owned Mages. That was a form of balance - in PvP at least. We're entering an Era where the Mage class is becoming fairly worthless in all aspects. Sunto will be our only unique PvE skill to bring to the table. We'll have the worst DPS and the worst Pet Healing. In PvP, we aren't going to stand much of a chance against equal BR opponents that use Iris to keep themselves up and compliment their huge PAtk DPS.

Saying , "Now you know how it feels" is a purely inflammatory remark, and doesn't address anything other than you being glad that someone's getting shafted that isn't you. Not exactly a nice sentiment now, is it?

Also, Lightning Sylphs are PvE Sylphs, not PvP for most, because they only have 1 reliable AoE. Iris will remain the PvP Pet of choice for Knights. Lightning will be the WB & Necro Pet, Dark will be the Pet for Spire, Iris for MP and ToK. That's how most Knights run it on the Chinese Servers.
                                My point is this game isn't fair to anyone. There will always be a time were a class is shafted in some way or form(except mages for some reason. 7roads do not think they need to be shafted like the rest.) Knights truly never get there "time" in this game. Yes, they get much better and are more wanted than when this game came out. However, they are still a rare class due to the fact they arn't as good as mages in this game. Mages are always wanted in MPDs. Idk maybe your server is just being silly but every mpd, spire, and arena in my server someone always has one and sometimes 2 mages. Soon when Wartune 2 comes out mages will even get more buffed up(which they really don't deserve imo. To me they need to get nerf'd a tad.) and the main class people will still continue to play mages. Mages are the most popular class in this game not only due to the ability to heal, but due to being the only class that has strong AOE skills. The only class that can take out both archers and knights with ease.

You have a lot of pros in your class which is far more than knights and archers. Sure there may be times where you won't get into MPD but you will own pvp and BG and such. Mages are never going to going to go obsolete. They will always be the "best" class to pick since they are the easiest to play and truly doesn't have any major negatives against them. Other than being squishy they own everything in there path. That is why I think they need a nerf. They are just too OP in this game which actually over shadows the other classes in this game. Who cares about having defense when you can take out the rest of the classes with a few AOEs+OP sylph. When Dark comes out it be even worse than right now. Right now Iris is being used a lot but once lighting and Dark comes out it will hardly be used again.

Comment

Working...
                                X