No announcement yet.

The "I want BG by BR!" thread [merged threads]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll bet you are from an old server. Allowing stun in battleground is just as idiotic as the matching system itself. Tell me how someone from s400 can build a holy seal as high as yours, and I'll concede the argument. Sandbagging to dominate in Battleground should have a cost, not a reward. Refusing to level is counter-intuitive. Why should someone benefit from NOT advancing in the game. Sylphs and Stun should only be for home server use. If you want a true battleground, make the players fight on an equal footing. Lumping all similar levels together without accounting for sandbagging is why Battleground doesn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by R28593959 View Post
      I'll bet you are from an old server. Allowing stun in battleground is just as idiotic as the matching system itself. Tell me how someone from s400 can build a holy seal as high as yours, and I'll concede the argument. Sandbagging to dominate in Battleground should have a cost, not a reward. Refusing to level is counter-intuitive. Why should someone benefit from NOT advancing in the game. Sylphs and Stun should only be for home server use. If you want a true battleground, make the players fight on an equal footing. Lumping all similar levels together without accounting for sandbagging is why Battleground doesn't work.
      I am from s371, and as a fast leveler I am always stunned, but the slow levelers from my server are simply dominating in bg. There are cons and pros to both styles, and yes it is counter intuitive , but if you dont care about cw or gb why not? why do you need the lvl 70 set when you can just destroy almost everyone in bg and team arena, while easily doing your mpd? its called enjoying the game. If you choose to have them all fast don't blame the bg system, it was your choise to level up so fast. And why matching the people in bg by br is much worse was already discussed countless times
      Last edited by Draggyy; 02-23-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R28593959 View Post
        I'll bet you are from an old server. Allowing stun in battleground is just as idiotic as the matching system itself. Tell me how someone from s400 can build a holy seal as high as yours, and I'll concede the argument. Sandbagging to dominate in Battleground should have a cost, not a reward. Refusing to level is counter-intuitive. Why should someone benefit from NOT advancing in the game. Sylphs and Stun should only be for home server use. If you want a true battleground, make the players fight on an equal footing. Lumping all similar levels together without accounting for sandbagging is why Battleground doesn't work.
        Here, refer to my thread about Winner's Mentality vs Loser's Mentality:
        http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ser)-Mentality

Winner changes himself to adapt to any environment.
        Loser whines to "try" to change the environment to his fixated method of doing things.

Which one are you?
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          Here, refer to my thread about Winner's Mentality vs Loser's Mentality:
          http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ser)-Mentality

Winner changes himself to adapt to any environment.
          Loser whines to "try" to change the environment to his fixated method of doing things.

Which one are you?
          agree... i think u just wanna bully ppl in you own server..... ( bg looser )
          then u will get bully in PVP thats fair enough...

Comment

• matching system s ucks!!!

Thus far, in EVERY event where I and the group I am in are matched with other players(battleground, arena, and tank trials) we are constantly matched against players with a much higher br than ours. Now, I am not asking for easy fights, but a fighting chance would be greatly appreciated. It has gotten so bad that I have quit doing arena and will probably quit doing battleground. It just is not any fun to loose 29 straight fights in arena, and being killed by everyone I fight in battleground. If some changes are not made in this system, you will likely lose another customer.

Comment

• raise your br like everyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by Spellsinger05 View Post
                If some changes are not made in this system, you will likely lose another customer.
                If you didn't spend any moneh, you're not a customer.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Welcome to the club.

Most people, regardless of their level actually have this problem. Personally I end up fighting all the big dogs in the x-server arena. Just have to deal with it or stop doing them.

It has been brought up a lot of times already, and nobody has come close to a good alternative on how matching works

Comment

• Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    If you didn't spend any moneh, you're not a customer.
                    Lol, CondorHero wise as always. How comes a spammer like you hasn't been banned yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Poryg1 View Post
                      Lol, CondorHero wise as always. How comes a spammer like you hasn't been banned yet?
                      because he was a customer
                      Server: East Coast Server 300+
                      Class: Mage
                      Level: 70+
                      Battle Rating: 90+k
                      Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

• What would be the problem with matching by battle rating rather than level?

Comment

What would be the problem with matching by battle rating rather than level?
                          1 person Lv 80 BR of 140k, 2 others both around 40k = total BR of 220k

Other team has 3 people BR around 75br = 225k total.

Who do you think would win?

Edit:- also add in the fact that the top 8 players in x-server range from 170k - 160k. How would you arrange any arena for them?
                          Or are you suggesting that they are not allowed to participate.

Comment

What would be the problem with matching by battle rating rather than level?
                            we have 2 problems if not by level. First, total br matched is 60k. Team 1 has 20-20-20k br and Team 2 has 10-10-40k br. Yes unbalance distribution of br. and Second, Team 1 has same as before 20-20-20k br in level 40+ range and Team 2 has also same with 10-10-40k br but the 40k br is in level 50-55 range. What im saying is it can cause a level gap that may out-skilled you. The real prob is the availability of players, I can sense the player pool is getting smaller in arena
                            I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                            and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

• im tired to holy

please stop it im in bg with levesl 67 68 69 some times 74 too and this guys use holy with me 3 rounds one level 74 or 67 holy with 65? not is just im tired today i lost 400 honors in one fight because one level 67+ use holy 3 rounds with me !!!!!! 400 honors!! and when im near win fight bg ended w.t.f !!!!
                              Name:Ereshkigal
                              Class:Archer
                              Level:65
                              Server:246
                              Br:85.000

Comment

• It's not the f word, i am currently in same situation as you. The only answer is maybe stop bg for a while and up you HS
                                IGN: Tiwaistyles
                                Class: Archer
                                Level: 70
                                Honor Title: Imperial Commander
                                Battle Rating: 100k
                                Server: s142 (Winterdale)

Shot you in the arse, make you bleed to death... Out of your arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X