X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nysrogh
    started a topic The "I want BG by BR!" thread [merged threads]

The "I want BG by BR!" thread [merged threads]

I didn't understand the system of battleground.i fight with 39 lvl player!!!!.battleground is just a place gaining free honor if you are high lvl!.this battle fields must be grouped like 30-35,35-40...because how can we win with a palyer who has arena armour if you are under 35 lvl ???? if you change the system like that it will be more competitive as well....

• sweetwaters
    replied
    Originally posted by daunapu View Post
    And why not?
    The stronger dominates (grim reaper style/close to god style) while the weaker gets silly blessings, whines,turns in superior crystals and life goes on

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by sak950 View Post
    Why the hell i got 50K BR and I'm facing people with over 250k BR ? And getting Constantly attacked by those Lovely People?
    And why not?

Leave a comment:

• sak950
    replied
    Why the hell i got 50K BR and I'm facing people with over 250k BR ? And getting Constantly attacked by those Lovely People?
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 04-29-2015, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sweetwaters
    replied
    I myself ditched BG because even carting is an issue,once you get 1/2 shotted to oblivion

So I stick to GB for the honor/insignia and the other resources

BG by BR, we'll wait on it

Leave a comment:

• Harala
    replied
    When if R2 going to fix the battleground system? I just got kicked for 5 min of no point change - even though the same group of elite players had our spawn area completely blocked off and kept killing the resource officer over and over. You couldn't get out without being attacked by a player 20+ levels ahead of you, thus guaranteeing honor loss, nor could you turn in a cart even if you already had one. Are we just supposed to be fodder for the elite players or get kicked? Why are there level 70+ players allowed to be a bg with level 50 and 60's to begin with? And why is there no mechanism for making sure they have to play with integrity? I got one kill and two carts before being blocked in after being one-shotted twice trying to get out. Guess I lost what little honor I'd gained. How does this help players get honor and pts toward gear, etc? I'm about ready to cancel my subscription and stop playing over this, since it's obvious I'm not going to be able to get my next level of gear and increase my BR if this situation continues.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereth View Post
    It doesn't matter WHAT level you are in BG or Sacred Fire Temple...you're at a disadvantage if you don't have thousands of dollars to throw at the game. Period.

I'm level 80, and over 220k BR, and a moderate casher, but there are people in Sacred Fire Temple with BRs of 700-900k BRs that have NO competition from anyone, and NEVER will, because they have thrown so much money into the game over such a long period of time that nobody else will ever catch up to them.

There are roughly 40 level 80 players on my server, and only 3 of us even bother going to Sacred Fire Temple anymore, and that's the 3 with the highest BRs for the server. And they still get the holy hell kicked out of them, because their BRs are only around 400-500k.

The cross-server idea is cool and all, but it should be an opportunity to do BETTER than you do on your own server, not something that is ALWAYS guaranteed to be a losing proposition, no matter what.

Having the BGs and Sacred Fire Temple matchings go by BR instead of Level would be a HUGE step in fixing the playability of cross-server events (not just BG and SFT, but also ARENA), and would vastly improve participation in those things, and morale.

When you have NO chance whatsoever of doing anything but being sent back to spawn fifty times in 20 minutes, why bother going? I don't. The vast majority of players don't anymore. there's just no point.
    I can kill at least half the people in FT, but i dont pvp any more cause i try to limit the time i spend in the game and skip many events i find rewards are pointless. Still FT rewards are one of the few i want, cant get soul seals from anywhere else. So instead of not doing it all, i enter, go to a tower to start getting points and go afk doing my own stuff irl. If i get killed, just come back (mind i am vip 9 so i dont lose any honor at all, but in FT everyone is with highest honor rank, so even if you are not vip 9 you will lose just 10 honor iirc). Imo its a good gain instead of not doing it all or afk in camp, you should try.

Leave a comment:

• Bereth
    replied
    It doesn't matter WHAT level you are in BG or Sacred Fire Temple...you're at a disadvantage if you don't have thousands of dollars to throw at the game. Period.

I'm level 80, and over 220k BR, and a moderate casher, but there are people in Sacred Fire Temple with BRs of 700-900k BRs that have NO competition from anyone, and NEVER will, because they have thrown so much money into the game over such a long period of time that nobody else will ever catch up to them.

There are roughly 40 level 80 players on my server, and only 3 of us even bother going to Sacred Fire Temple anymore, and that's the 3 with the highest BRs for the server. And they still get the holy hell kicked out of them, because their BRs are only around 400-500k.

The cross-server idea is cool and all, but it should be an opportunity to do BETTER than you do on your own server, not something that is ALWAYS guaranteed to be a losing proposition, no matter what.

Having the BGs and Sacred Fire Temple matchings go by BR instead of Level would be a HUGE step in fixing the playability of cross-server events (not just BG and SFT, but also ARENA), and would vastly improve participation in those things, and morale.

When you have NO chance whatsoever of doing anything but being sent back to spawn fifty times in 20 minutes, why bother going? I don't. The vast majority of players don't anymore. there's just no point.

Leave a comment:

• ChromedKim
    replied
    Suggestion: Change Battleground Level Matching to Battle Rating Matching . . .

Reason:
    1. When u hit level 30 now and you try to enter Battleground you can see lots of camper mostly 50k+ BR min and 100k+ BR max and ended up getting abuse kill by them.
    (its not just the level 30 bg, there is also 35, 40,45,50,55, and so on . even with level 10 dryad you cant kill them im sure cause i already experience it . . the only bg level that is fair is level 80)
    2. Where is the fun when u see those high BR campers hunting down those newbie and abuse killing them and the worst part those newbie will just quit . . . thats why there are less people whos hitting level 80 . . .
    (atleast make a 10-50k gap BR every new Battleground level) seems fair since everyone will experience having a balance battleground than having a Battleground which u cant fight along the way of playing. . .

all the following reaction of people because of this thread will be answered by "Dryads" you cant get abuse by highbies with balance BR cause u will get caught by your abusive action giving them dryads . . .

its either hit them and get honor, title, and daily event or ignore them and farm and still get your BR upgrade due to some events . . . your BR will hunt you down

Leave a comment:

• benjamin19900
    replied
    Battleground Ranking/Matching

Can you change the matching of the ranks for when you enter battleground for us its bad that when i enter a battleground at lvl 61 im in there with lvl 80+s with over 200k br what the hell i understand the differality but this makes no sense even when i was at lvl 30 i was still in battleground with 80s. The question is why? Why not match the people who enter battlegrounds with players closer around the same lvl at least like lvls 20-30, 40-50,50-60. jus saying it might help stop all the crie babys from crying n a massive amount of drama.

Leave a comment:

• rangelaeyes
    replied
    Best get used to it. I have, which is why I only very rarely do BGs anymore.

Leave a comment:

• iLarp
    replied
    Originally posted by drwho2014 View Post
    if they don't change it, break it

go in with 10 minutes left, sit in camp
    5 minutes of no change in points automatically kicks one out of battlegrounds ...

Leave a comment:

• Arandeath
    replied
    it's not going to get better,my non-casher 74k will always
    be up against the 150k+ casher br.we are here to feed them
    so they feel justified with all the money they put on a game.
    last bg it was one with 225k and one at 185k,camping the
    graveyard and killed the resource officer on top of it.so even
    if someone snuck past for a cart,no point really.

Leave a comment:

• iLarp
    replied
    I completely agree with Yofireballer's opening post. SOMETHING must be done to ensure that those participating twice a day for 48 minutes of their game time, do not walk away from their game experience with virtually nothing to show for it. MY last 2 BG's I have received nothing from my time spent therein other than the loser rewards at the end, and a quest completion for my first of 2 BG's

One thing I would suggest is that the developers come up with something that would enable those participating in Battlegrounds at least be able to pick up one or 2 carts of crystals. I have just resumed playing Wartune after 18 months away from the game, and something has obviously changed. I am now level 47, and have been doing my 2 daily attempts since I was high enough to participate in battlegrounds. I am meticulous about equipping my character with the best items available for each level. After 5 years of playing the game, even though I know the game quite well, I still read the guides to research how I can be the best I can be.

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that nothing appears to have been done to level out the playing field or develop a matching system, to prevent the gross mismatching that currently exists in Battlegrounds. As previously stated I have been completing my 2 daily battleground attempts since level 30. I have only won 3 battles so far on my archer. What frustrates me more than anything is the fact that as of late (my last 3 battlegrounds to be precise) is my opponents have successfully camped our spawn exit, and prevented us from collecting crystals. My last couple of battlegrounds even though I have the maximum Dryad buff, I have not been able to pick up a single cart of crystals. For me personally, unless this changes soon I will move onto another game of this genre, where the developers have devised some method of matching, or means whereby participants at least have a chance of doing something constructive for their character for the 24 minutes spent in the battlegrounds. A few simple solutions that come to mind immediately is spawn area guards that actually serve a purpose for those or the area they are placed to guard. Another would be diminishing returns for repeatedly killing the same opponent. I can attest to the effectiveness of this, having seen it applied in other games of the genre where PvP is part of the game experience. Personally I think the idea of diminishing returns in battlegrounds would go a long way to help. Something along the lines of a 30% reduction of points received for the second kill against the same opponent, a 60% reduction for the third kill, and 100% for the fourth kill, unless of course somewhere in between those kills that same opponent would win, whereby all diminishing returns would be completely reset. Another solution would be an increasing Dryad buff that is actually effective enough to ensure that participants have at least 1 chance of walking away with a kill.

As it stands none of the current developments within the game are doing what they were designed to do. Namely to ensure that all those who participate in battlegrounds have a near 100% chance of walking away from their 24 minute battleground experience, with something constructive for their character, for their time and effort spent.

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Like I said earlier, Wartune was designed for a different (Chinese) market. Brutal BG might drive business in there, but here in the US, no one wants to buy pains or stress in hope of feeling better in the future. Giving players pain and bullying before they start spending or when they were still small simply means they would never start at all or stop spending right away. Wartune is not the first or only imported game, but it seems to me it's not customized for its target market.
    Perhaps; I'm not familiar enough with Chinese culture to say. Wartune does a very good job of exploiting people's competitive side and desire to win, and with a few tweaks to make it more palatable to a US market, it would probably be an even bigger cash cow. I've seen evidence that Wartune USA does have influence over what goes into the US version of the game; the lack of auction house being a primary example. That said, I have to wonder why they don't weigh in on other parts of the game that may work in China but are far less effective here. You'd think small changes that would increase profits would be something they'd want.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X