No announcement yet.

Priest should change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have many powerful priest friends i do have a low level healer account i just cant see anything wrong with it i think priests are real cool
    User:Patrick2675
    Class:Mage
    Guild:thenemy
    Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

Comment

• Originally posted by tajmahal62 View Post
      I have many powerful priest friends i do have a low level healer account i just cant see anything wrong with it i think priests are real cool
      Must admit that I agree with the cool part, since imo they have best attack animations.

How ever it's not fair that we have lowest attack/casting speed, lowest attack, and 2nd lowest defences with Slayer Set.

And then skills like this: Life Drains, drains max 1800 I think? hp from enemy, absolutely useless, same goes for Holy Lights ~420 hp every 2?! sec. Another useless skills. Then while we already have lowest attack we get skills what doesn't even deal 100% of MATK, but 80% instead making our attacks even worse. Skill that gives more crit defence and crit defence seems to be bugged at first place. Skill that gives us was it like 3500 HP at lvl 5, not gonna benefit us in any way, just waste of skill points. Skill that stuns the enemy while we're casting it, mkay. Bloodfog Totem that even max level won't stealth us right after using it, making Rangers for example be able to hit us before it even stealths. Buffs should give buffs to only party members, but still everyone around gets the buff. And Death Comet that still doesn't increase HP/MATK or give immunity to stun.

Don't you think that some improvements should be done?
      Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

• Perhaps slightly, but nothing can be done without a healer, CL...needed. All i can say is dont be disheartened im happy the way things are...all of us have out weaknesses and so do each factions if there is strong demand i must have overlooked something but from what I can tell they have been designed to be weak like mages but to have the nessercary skills to accomplish what is needed.
        User:Patrick2675
        Class:Mage
        Guild:thenemy
        Server: The Wilterlands

My guides <---Mages/Easy pet leveling ---> Weekly events and promotions--->

Comment

• Was requested to post these suggestions here, so what you think about these?

- Life Drains

The Drain should be prosentual & Make the Damage Reduction Increase & Lowering last for atleast 5 sec for it to be effective.

- Holy Lights

Same as above, should be prosentual Heal and maybe add there some damage reduction as well?

- Grace

Should lower the cast time on it & possibly make it deal some damage like in the chinese version.

- (Master) Blood Beam

Should probably do 100% of our Magic Attack and x% of our MAX Hp, instead of current Hp.

- Tenacity

Needs a check that the skill / those Critical Defences are working properly.

- Bloodflow

Imo it shuld be atleast 20% Magic Attack increase at lvl 5 no matter how much your Hp is.

- Demon's Grasp

Should probably just stun the enemy, not so that the enemy's only stunned when we cast it. Or then make it do some damage while we're casting it.

- Death Comet

Should be fixed so that it actually increases MATK & Hp, and gives the immunity against stuns.

- Buffs

Should apply for the Priest's party members only.

And if nothing can be done to the skills then defence readjusting could be one option.

Then other good suggestions.

Originally posted by B3lle View Post
          A: Let our heals crit, make it based off crit dmg% like attacks are
          B: When curses crit make them actually do more dmg based off crit dmg%
          C: Make our slayer gear add both int and end(like rangers get str and int)

PS: Just as a little heart to heart with the GMs here. I've been playing since this game has come out, I have't always agreed with some of the choices you've have made but i've liked some of them. I've lost 90% of the friends i had at the begining of the game, some of them quit because they hated "x" change, some of them just found a game they enjoyed more. It didn't matter if they were a casher or not, we're all just people trying to enjoy how we spend our time. The player base isn't anything without R2, and like-wise R2 is nothing without the player base. Please listen to what we are saying, you have several old old players saying the exact same thing inside a 17+ pg thread, all we're trying to do is help.
          Originally posted by somenoob222 View Post
          things i would like to see changed for priests.
          1. Offhand should give more hp, and hp% bonus ON TOP of the magic damage reduction.
          2. Pvp sets should give both cast and attack speeds.
          3. Cool downs of Blood pact, Sacrifice, and Demonic Grasp get lowered.
          4. tenacity should also lower other players chances of hitting crits, as well as lowering damage.
          Originally posted by berndesu View Post
          Cast speed for light beam and Duration for blood beam should be lowered when you further level up the skill.

GMs I really hope that you consider these ideas.
          Last edited by venomeh; 08-13-2012, 09:01 AM.
          Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

• Originally posted by R297807 View Post
            I'm a lvl 100 Scion Hybrid Priest myself, and I rely on Blood Beam, Blood Pact, and the 3 curses for DPS in PvP. I agree that Priests definitely need Attack Speed also, seeing as how most Blood Priest skills rely on it. For example, by the time I can get another lvl 100 ranger to half hp, I'm already dead mainly because of their high attack speed. I believe it will make Priests more balanced with the other classes . I don't think they're that much weaker than other classes though.

In most lvl 100 pvp battles, battles only last a few seconds. To give Priests a fair chance against other classes, they have Goddess' Embrace; one of the best skills (only downside being the cooldown) as you can bypass all damage for a few seconds (10 seconds at lvl 5).

-Against Shadow Rogues: Use Goddess' Embrace the moment they're about to stun you to escape (as for combat, to avoid Decimation)
            -Against Knights: Knights with lvl 5 Drag are pesky, but use Embrace the moment they drag you to escape their stun/shock blade, and proceed kiting
            -Against Rangers: Prevent Charm/ Traps with Embrace, rest of the fight involving who has better DPS (Bringing me back to the point above)
            -Against Mages: Stops the stun effect from meteor with Embrace, Rest of the fight involving better DPS
            -Against fellow Priests: Takes off the curse effects

For kiting: When you try to kite a Knight/Rogue, in-between every curse, try to attack in between each curses. For Example: Curse of weakness, then proceed with Blood Beam/Blood Pact, then Ring of Decay and proceed with another attack, etc. It helps wither down tanks/dodgy Rogues.

In 1 vs 1 fights, this gives Priests (that aren't full Blood) a chance to fight evenly with other classes, and in instances like Seng, can allow you to handle tricky situations like being trapped in curses or escaping from multiple players coming from different directions (happens very often in Seng for me ^^). As for DPS though, many Priests decide to use Light Beam rather than Blood Beam because of the low attack speed, but I think that since the other classes have so many DPS attacks, they should change it so Priests can have both attack speed/casting speed (for example, Orange Slayer Staff has 7% Casting Speed, you could split the % into 3.5% Attack and 3.5% Casting).

This is just my opinion though, and the way I pvp . I do hope they make changes to my favorite class ^^.
            wow u seem like u're very experience in pvp... well i would agree with your strategy except... its not really that fullproof

-Against Shadow Rogues: Use Goddess' Embrace the moment they're about to stun you to escape (as for combat, to avoid Decimation)

True, but the problem is, how do u know when they gonna attack you? they can always wait until u finnish using GE b4 they stun u. a rogue wif lower attack can still kill a priest wif all their awesome scion skills once u are stun.

-Against Knights: Knights with lvl 5 Drag are pesky, but use Embrace the moment they drag you to escape their stun/shock blade, and proceed kiting

this seems easier said than done. u know knights can cast shield breaker the same time as drag? all it takes is 2 fingers. even if u manage to pull off the GE stun, their CD around 39 seconds while yours is 60 seconds. they can always wait for another pull while having titan guard on.

-Against Rangers: Prevent Charm/ Traps with Embrace, rest of the fight involving who has better DPS (Bringing me back to the point above)

a priest wif almost same lvl, gear etc cant possibly out-dps a ranger.

-Against Mages: Stops the stun effect from meteor with Embrace, Rest of the fight involving better DPS

true but remember, the metoer can do huge damage as well? metoer probably would take out like 70% of your health. besides, priest cant possibly out-dps a mage. priest stand no chance against mage unless huge diff in terms of lvl n gears.

IGN: Esther
            Server: Zenho Island
            Level: 32
            plane: mortal
            wings: Extreme glowing wing 1 (2 star)
            mount: Rabiit (soon 2 b cat. 2 stars)
            pet: morphed vulture
            gears: complete shining set (wahahahaha)
            honor: vassal

friends guide:

Comment

• Originally posted by venomeh View Post
              Was requested to post these suggestions here, so what you think about these?

- Life Drains

The Drain should be prosentual & Make the Damage Reduction Increase & Lowering last for atleast 5 sec for it to be effective.

- Holy Lights

Same as above, should be prosentual Heal and maybe add there some damage reduction as well?

- Grace

Should lower the cast time on it & possibly make it deal some damage like in the chinese version.

- (Master) Blood Beam

Should probably do 100% of our Magic Attack and x% of our MAX Hp, instead of current Hp.

- Tenacity

Needs a check that the skill / those Critical Defences are working properly.

- Bloodflow

Imo it shuld be atleast 20% Magic Attack increase at lvl 5 no matter how much your Hp is.

- Demon's Grasp

Should probably just stun the enemy, not so that the enemy's only stunned when we cast it. Or then make it do some damage while we're casting it.

- Death Comet

Should be fixed so that it actually increases MATK & Hp, and gives the immunity against stuns.

- Buffs

Should apply for the Priest's party members only.

And if nothing can be done to the skills then defence readjusting could be one option.

Then other good suggestions.

GMs I really hope that you consider these ideas.
              very reasonable suggestion for improvement on priest
              IGN: Esther
              Server: Zenho Island
              Level: 32
              plane: mortal
              wings: Extreme glowing wing 1 (2 star)
              mount: Rabiit (soon 2 b cat. 2 stars)
              pet: morphed vulture
              gears: complete shining set (wahahahaha)
              honor: vassal

friends guide:

Comment

• After viewing and also playing this game on all characters whom i personally tested and at some points asking my friend for help and consulting i have come to a few results
                as i say thing these r FEW results not just 1
                THE RESULTS:
                1. Priests r support class NOT PVP type
                2. Priests should not be used for any PVP unless they have an aura that's 500 + on soul with 5k+ on defense that's both physical and magical
                3. For anybody who wants PVP then chose rogues,knights or mage because only these class r DPS for those who want to stand on the back and help others instead of killing them with ruthless attacks then chose DPS classes (I recommend Knights)and work on improving them instead of being lazy like me
                that is all and that is all the results i could pull up hope this idea on priests should change thing is taken out cause they won't because
                PRIESTS ARE SUPPORTS NOT PVP CLASS
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                  After viewing and also playing this game on all characters whom i personally tested and at some points asking my friend for help and consulting i have come to a few results
                  THE RESULTS:
                  2. Priests should not be used for any PVP unless they have an aura that's 500 + on soul with 5k+ on defense that's both physical and magical
                  3. For anybody who wants PVP then chose rogues,knights or mage because only these class r DPS for those who want to stand on the back and help others instead of killing them with ruthless attacks then chose DPS classes (I recommend Knights)and work on improving them instead of being lazy like me
                  that is all and that is all the results i could pull up hope this idea on priests should change thing is taken out cause they won't because
                  after viewing and reading ur comments, dis are my conclusion
                  1. u're an idiot
                  2. u do not read
                  3. if u're not n idiot who read, u shud realise... they r not asking gm to make priest stronger. what they are asking is to make some of priest skill workable instead of being useless.

that is all and that is all my comments i could put together n hope this idea of u being a lazy idiot make u realise that U SHOULDNT COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU HAVE YET TO UNDERSTAND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                    After viewing and also playing this game on all characters whom i personally tested and at some points asking my friend for help and consulting i have come to a few results
                    THE RESULTS:
                    i would also like to note...that most modern mmorpgs are being designed in ways that all classes can participate in pvp, solo ability, and have some good dps. the days where priests only heal and buff, and knights/warriors only tank are coming to an end o.o most people like the variety but will be turned off when they realize they are severely limited in what they can do ingame.
                    IGN: Missy
                    Class: Priest
                    Level: 100
                    Server: (S15)/Aquatic Crypts

thank u R2 for letting me have my character back..

Comment

• For those who play strictly as Blood Priests, ya have my respect for takin that route. I gave it a shot, and personally disliked it. I prefer havin the Hybrid abilities of both Holy and Blood, but there are some SERIOUS gaps in terms of fair stat balance.

If a Priest/Priestess faces a Scion Rogue, it's an almost guaranteed death, regardless of the lvl gap (unless it's at least 15+ lvls). This is due to the very lethal move combination that most have picked up on, that combo bein any number of variations of the followin:

1. Stealth
                      2. Shadow Rush (Stun)
                      3. Choke Hold (slows Movement Speed and causes extra damage to Stunned targets)
                      4. Improved/Master Assassin's Thrust (sometimes used, sometimes not for a 100% damage blow)
                      5. Shadow Strike (re-Stealth)
                      6. Shadow Rush again
                      7. Quick Death as a finisher.

Most Scion Rogues use some variation of that combo to devastatin effect against Priests/Priestesses in general. On top of that, there's the threat from AM Rangers Stunnin and Silencin, the Knight's Dragon Hook/Stun/Crater Smash/insert variant move here combo, and the Mage Class's overall raw power. Priests as a whole are indeed severely underpowered, and it's drastically unfair. I'm workin to build my Priestess into a Tank Priestess of sorts, and even then I'm havin serious trouble in any kinda PvP situation. A significant DEF modification or somethin needs to be done, it's rough tryin to farm Badges in Seng for improvements

Name: (S24)Gracia
                      Server: (S24)Tundara (Merged with (S29)Molten Highlands)
                      Class: Lvl 71 Mortal DPS/Support Hybrid Priestess
                      Guild: (S29)UnderWorld
                      Spouse: (24)darknes22 (Scion Knight)
                      Last edited by Kōri-hime; 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM.
                      Name: (S24)Gracia
                      Server: (S24)Tundara
                      Class/Lvl: Lvl 56 DPS/Support Hybrid Eidolon Priestess
                      Guild: (S6)Elysium (Guildmaster)
                      Spouse: Happily engaged to (S24)TooL (Lvl 100 Eidolon Fire Mage)

How beautiful you look wrapped in the shadow of ecstasy...the glow of the dancing flames illuminating the chaos that shines through your innocent eyes, lying dormant in your twisted, tormented soul, the product of a world oh so cruel...let it shine, dear child, for it can set you free.

Comment

• Originally posted by YvonneKL1 View Post
                        wow u seem like u're very experience in pvp... well i would agree with your strategy except... its not really that fullproof

True, but the problem is, how do u know when they gonna attack you? they can always wait until u finnish using GE b4 they stun u. a rogue wif lower attack can still kill a priest wif all their awesome scion skills once u are stun.

this seems easier said than done. u know knights can cast shield breaker the same time as drag? all it takes is 2 fingers. even if u manage to pull off the GE stun, their CD around 39 seconds while yours is 60 seconds. they can always wait for another pull while having titan guard on.

a priest wif almost same lvl, gear etc cant possibly out-dps a ranger.

true but remember, the metoer can do huge damage as well? metoer probably would take out like 70% of your health. besides, priest cant possibly out-dps a mage. priest stand no chance against mage unless huge diff in terms of lvl n gears.

Yeah, Priests are still really lacking against classes like Mage and Ranger with their crazy DPS, and having low Attack speed doesn't help. The point though, is that Priests have a better chance to win against other classes if you play creatively ^^. As for the Rogue thing, that takes a lot of skill to learn. I fight Rogues all the time in Seng/GR so now I can predict when they usually attack (still a 50% chance I activate Embrace before they stun me though) :3.

Comment

• omg this thread is really popular

Comment

• because priests really do suck.

Comment

• Wow..this thread is full of suggestions.

Comment

• And it's just getting bigger, Mark! xD
                                â™”
                                Vampire Prince
                                • Server: Aurora Point
                                • Character: Alexmancerx
                                • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
                                • Level: Eidolon 120
                                • Guild: TheWanted
                                • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Working...
                                X