Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] How to be strong for your level (Slow leveling)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ginger, great guide! I started following it in my 30's and allowed myself to sit at 39 for a week to honor farm to Elite Warrior and up my BR (eventually got to 16.5K before moving on due to boredom).

I only had one question. How do you average 3 BG Chests a day!!? I can barely get two and that's only if literally no one attacks me. The gem output from Catacombs nets me a lvl 3 gem (after synthesis/conversion) every couple of days. The battleground chests seem to pale in comparison. Thoughts?

Comment

• Just look at the picture - he squirts out gems from his nether regions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhaisabh View Post
        Hey Ginger, great guide! I started following it in my 30's and allowed myself to sit at 39 for a week to honor farm to Elite Warrior and up my BR (eventually got to 16.5K before moving on due to boredom).

I only had one question. How do you average 3 BG Chests a day!!? I can barely get two and that's only if literally no one attacks me. The gem output from Catacombs nets me a lvl 3 gem (after synthesis/conversion) every couple of days. The battleground chests seem to pale in comparison. Thoughts?
        I click at the sides of the screen.

So from the crystal patch - you can click at the side of the screen and your character will run back round to your base via the shortest route. As the RRO comes into sight click it and wait for the pop up screen to trade crystals. Then run your character to the side of the path so you can just see the crystal on the edge of the screen. click and you character runs to the crystal field via the shortest route. If you're lucky this click will take you straight to loading too.

With practice, the only times you actually stop moving are for the few seconds loading your cart and delivering crystals to the RRO.

Yes, the catacombs have a better gem drop rate than the BG's. But they also give you a hefty XP prize too... This guide is mostly about avoiding XP, so in part avoiding the catacombs because of that XP.

Ultimately the choice about your game play, is yours and yours alone. This guide is how I play. I know it's not for everyone, but when people ask how I play, this is my answer.

Anyhow - I hope the above gives you some insight to streamlining your game play too.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• The only problem is that once you do decide to move on and level up, you'll face much stronger opponents, especially after level 50 there are people with high level holy seals.

IMO, either stay 39 or go straight for the 70's or else it's not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by winlord View Post
            The only problem is that once you do decide to move on and level up, you'll face much stronger opponents, especially after level 50 there are people with high level holy seals.

IMO, either stay 39 or go straight for the 70's or else it's not worth it.
            50 is when the holy seals come into play. so sitting at 49 is an option too.
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

• I wouldn't start doing any slow leveling until level 30+, because that's when the slow levelers get the awesome advantages, but this slow leveling does not help on new servers, and if everyone did this (in one guild for example) the other guild would have better equipment and (i.e. more higher br equipment) and your guild will be trashed.

So don't do it at right start of your server,
              I am so awesome, that I'm not even awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                This guide is brought to you with the assistance of CreamySaucepan. A dirty cheating haxxor. But I lurves her. I can’t help myself.

There are two ways to play Wartune in our opinion.

The first way is to rush for the top: To be the first to achieve every accolade: Biggest, strongest, highest defence, highest rank etc. While there is nothing wrong with this playstyle, to maintain that #1 position eventually is gonna start costing you balens. Lots of balens. More balens than I can afford to throw at this game. The other problem is that with a new server - playing this style is fine within the realms of your server. It instantly becomes a problem as soon as the cross server things come into play and you discover that there are others your level, with much stronger builds as they've gone slower.

The other way is to take your time and play at a slower pace. You get time to prepare in advance your gear, plan your build. Learn from others about strengths and weaknesses of new maps, gear, boss's etc - without having to be the guinea pig working it all out. Level has its advantages - in that as you advance, you open up new gear, troops etc. But overall - we think slower leveling is more rewarding and has a slower burnout potential.

This list of ideas is to show you ideas and suggestions regarding how you can level more slowly, and thus build more strongly than your same level peers. We decided to split it into two sections. The first section will deal with ideas that everyone can utilise. The second part (in post number 2) will deal with more items that are more specific to cashers.

Section 1: Ideas for Everyone:
                • Goals: Set yourself some mini goals to achieve. Be positive about reaching them. It’s important that you set something achievable. Rather than set your sights on #1 on the lists - set yourself a BR goal to hit before the next level. For example, at the time of writing Ginger was trying to achieve a 38500 BR, before he hit level 49. Other ideas for goals: Aim to get an astral leveled up, or a certain BR total, or maybe a guild skill done. Once you have your goal decided, put everything into achieving it!

• Plan Ahead: Look into purchasing your armour sets (or the components of them) in advance. Purchase your rings and jewels in advance too! This gives you time, potentially to have them enchanted to the max level, fully socketed & refined, before you get to the level required to wear them. Then it's simply a case of swapping your gems over and you're away!

• Battlegrounds - A Gem Fest: Most players scramble for honour. While it's true a higher honour title allows for a better medallion, which in turn increases BR. We personally prefer to look at the other asset of BG - carting! You only get your first two runs per day to cart. If you keep your head down and remain inconspicuous, you can average enough crystals for 3 chests from the BG's. Coupled with your daily 95 gem, you can be relatively certain of at least a level 3 gem every day! If you're good, that's approaching a level 5 gem every 2 weeks.

• Avoiding Unnecessary Experience: I think it's pretty obvious to say that to level up slower, you need to avoid unnecessary experience. Take for example the guild tree: Huge amounts of experience, for very little return. Sure energise the guild tree as soon as it spawns - but then leave the guild chamber. Likewise don't do more than you need to of the daily quests, pick and chose the ones that benefit you most, or return least xp. Don't do the spire, don't do the bounty quests, or again if you have to pick the white ones that return the least experience.

• The Catacombs: are a fantastic source of gems and are pretty much exclusively the only source of crypt tokens. Much as I hate the catacombs huge experience rewards - I do love the other glittering prizes. I tend to limit my catacomb runs heavily. Though if I stay at a level longer than I plan to - I tend to party in the catacombs, earning extra gems and crypt tokens. For the daily devotion for the catacombs - you only need to enter the catacombs, there is no requirement to complete a level or anything. So you can just enter and leave.

• Farming: Depending on how much time you have to log in and sit behind a computer all day: depends how effective your farm can be. Hourly seeds are more productive than the 4 hour seeds - so if you can do hourly seeds all day - do. Also I tend to steal only the 4 hour seeds as you get more return for your click.

• Your academy: While it may not seem it at first, it eventually forms a big factor in your strength. Its potential keeps increasing as you level up. However: It takes a lot of kyanite (and time for non VIP) to max out, slow levelling helps this process as you’ll get more kyanite and time per level.

• Refine your gear: Your gear comes (most of the time) with 5 random stats assigned to it. These are the usual suspects, attack, defence, HP etc. These stats add to your BR and contribute to your build. Refining these stats can make a chip in the window into a great big crack. Properly refined gear helps. For example - a mage using will destroyer has no need of any crit - refining will let you remove the crit and replace it something else. Refinement crystal shortage? Try using some excess insignias to purchase the 300 insignia brooch from the arena shop for a refinement roll!

• Astrals: A major gold sink hole. Astrals can form a significant portion of your battle rating. As such it’s important to keep spending gold on them, be it in huge chunks over days, or a little bit everyday. This will keep them levelling up and making them stronger. There are many guides here about the best way to capture astrals, as such, I’m not going to expand on that here. But simply leave it at: you should spend more gold on astrals.

• Guild Skills: Like astrals, this is also a major sink hole for gold. Again like astrals and also like your academy, your guild skills eventually tally up to form a significant chunk in your battle prowess. They are however limited by the level of your guild. So at the risk of sounding quite shallow, a higher level guild is advisable for when you take the time to concentrate on these.

• 95 Devotion Chest & Daily Check In: Everyday online rewards you. Either through checking in enough days of the month or through the daily devotion system. There’s a long list of daily chores to work through. But trust me it’s worth it to fight for that 95. Currently for 95 devotion you get: 5 bullhorns, a 50% exp scroll, 50k daru, a rose, 50k gold, a level 5 luck stone, a skeleton key, a horse training whip, 5 soul crystals and a random level 2 gem. Over a 30 day month, you can see that it soon adds up. Every month for checking in 26 times you receive: 5 level 2 gems, 105k gold, 58k daru, 18 skeleton keys, 1600 vouchers, 4 level 3 gems and an outside chance at a level 4 gem.

• World Boss. The single biggest source of gold and daru in the game. Attend as many of these as you can. If you can spare the vouchers, use a few to give yourself a boost to your income. Gold is the most important commodity in the game, the game revolves around gold. I can’t stress enough how important gold is to maintaining character development. In need of some extra gold? Got a load of insignia sitting around? Purchase a load of lvl 3 XP books from the arena shop. A bargain at 10 insignia each it's quite cheap to get 100 of them (1k insignia). Then sell them. That's a quick easy 200k gold in your back pocket.

• Solo and MP Dungeons. Running dungeons that are a lower level than your character, reduces the amount of xp they give. At level 48 I tend to run Delphinian Swamp and The Graveyard, as they give very little xp and high yield rewards.

• The Free Balens Button: There is some respite for the non casher with the 'get free balens' button - now while this is not perfect for everyone as it is quite region/country specific - I can supplement my account with as many as 30 or 40 balens a day, just watching videos. Although it probably averages around 18 to 20 or so a day. The one off offers are also very good - especially if they have things you're after, or if it's just a questionnaire where you can lie through your teeth about everything. However I would offer some advice when doing these offers: firstly use a dummy email, and never give out accurate personal information, avoid anything that wants to install anything or download to your computer.
                WOW.....
                Your guide blew my mind away.
                So excellent. I admit, I was always worried about being #1 and being the highest level in my server. But I just cannot keep up without tons of balens >_<
                This guide is like...*speechless* I love it so much
                Thank you Ginger ^_^ This is IMO the best Guide I ever read
                Last edited by Xhiah; 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: You saw this <_<
                Game: Wartune
                Server: 2 Edena Village
                Class: Mage
                Name: Mary Magdalene
                Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                Flying with the fishes,
                Or maybe in the Ocean,
                swimming with the pigeons,
                See my world is Different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhaisabh View Post
                  What Ginger said. It helps if you're playing fullscreen on a high-resolution monitor so the crystals (and resource recovery officers) are being displayed. My best monitor isn't wide enough so I end up using five clicks when assigned to the left (four to get to shards, then click on officer), and five clicks when assigned to the right (four to get to shards, 2 to get to officer). With mount, my round trip time (as either Tharlyci or Xaichazarai) when not engaged in fighting is ~40 seconds. That should be slower than absolutely necessary, but I find a slightly longer route makes me harder to select for interception. [Note: I am a moderately fast leveler as I do Catacombs every day, but honor chasing is pointless before L60 for me. Neither is strong for level, but they do make a point of leaving anyone that attacks weak and feeble with noxious knightly tactics. I'm used to taking down BR 2000-3000 higher than me in arena.]

What I do is a circuit -- I approach the shard pile in the center from the top (going through the chokepoint inbound), then return to the officer by going down from the shard pile. I get intercepted much more going up either to or from the shard pile, than going down to or from the shard pile. Doubling back through the chokepoint at the top can get the time down to 35 seconds, but if there is even one honor-addicted attacker up there I'll be targeted.
                  Last edited by Tharlyci; 05-03-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                    50 is when the holy seals come into play. so sitting at 49 is an option too.
                    Well, 49 requires somewhat heavy cashing on the mount front to be extremely strong, so personally I prefer 39 and I still think that's the better option for non cashers or even cashers who don't want to waste that much.

Comment

Well, 49 requires somewhat heavy cashing on the mount front to be extremely strong, so personally I prefer 39 and I still think that's the better option for non cashers or even cashers who don't want to waste that much.
                      Heavy? That definition differs from person to person. Yes, it might require *some* cashing, but nowhere near 'heavy'. The most it takes is time. Lots and lots and lots of time...

Comment

• Just a question, if someone were to start on a server which already has high world prosperity, how would you slow level? Cause a friend of mine is trying her hardest, but it's very hard to do, and she doesn't wanna leave our server..
                        Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                          Just a question, if someone were to start on a server which already has high world prosperity, how would you slow level? Cause a friend of mine is trying her hardest, but it's very hard to do, and she doesn't wanna leave our server..
                          With difficulty in honesty.

Starting slow levelling on an established server is very hard.

VIP level 3+ would help hugely - as described in post #2. Without the VIP, then it's a case of playing extremely carefully to avoid as much XP as is possible.

Good luck to her!

I hope she can stick it out, till it starts to be rewarding.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                            Heavy? That definition differs from person to person. Yes, it might require *some* cashing, but nowhere near 'heavy'. The most it takes is time. Lots and lots and lots of time...
                            Plus people who are starting now won't be able to get the event mounts without cashing "heavily" in future patches where they become available in certain shops.

Comment

Plus people who are starting now won't be able to get the event mounts without cashing "heavily" in future patches where they become available in certain shops.
                              But there will be new events that give mounts, so there's no need to 'cash heavily' to get the old event mounts. Just focus on the new ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                                But there will be new events that give mounts, so there's no need to 'cash heavily' to get the old event mounts. Just focus on the new ones.
                                New mounts can be obtained by everyone, old mounts were only available for those who have played before, which will cause a gap that can't be closed without serious cashing in future patches. If you're fine with being behind or cashing heavily, that's fine, but in my opinion, the original intention of those that choose to stay at a certain level for longer than normal is to avoid massive cashing and tough competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X