No announcement yet.

Debating returning to EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to be rude but if you read my message you should be able to discern that I have a basic understanding of the game mechanics.

Comment

In pvp, EWD is always better, except for archer.

You compensate your crit heals with massive defense... changing your crit gems to block, pdef, and mdef will make opponent's damage lesser, thus you really will not need crit heals... Suggested rune to bring is guardian and heal rune, so you can have extra hp heal.

Or just make 8 gems of each kind - 8 mdef, 8 pdef, 8 block, 8 crit, so that you will not have the hassle of always converting... You just change your gem if you feel like it... It is also suggested to have a separate level 10 EWD so you can switch back to crit..

About refines, that is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
        In pvp, EWD is always better, except for archer.

You compensate your crit heals with massive defense... changing your crit gems to block, pdef, and mdef will make opponent's damage lesser, thus you really will not need crit heals... Suggested rune to bring is guardian and heal rune, so you can have extra hp heal.

Or just make 8 gems of each kind - 8 mdef, 8 pdef, 8 block, 8 crit, so that you will not have the hassle of always converting... You just change your gem if you feel like it... It is also suggested to have a separate level 10 EWD so you can switch back to crit..

About refines, that is up to you.

level 8s?
        wouldn't be surprised if OP has level 9s or even 10s
        when i get the gold i will have all level 10s with a bunch left over
        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
        Class: Archer
        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
          level 8s?
          wouldn't be surprised if OP has level 9s or even 10s
          when i get the gold i will have all level 10s with a bunch left over
          Nope, i mean 8 gems, not level 8 gems.

If Yesheron has level 10 gems at disposal, then try to make 8 level 10 gems of each kind
          If she has only level 9, then try to make 8 level 9 gems of each kind.

So she would not have to convert to go back...

Comment

I don't have any high level spare gems. I have six level 10 HP gems, the rest are all level 11. I synthesized 11 because I felt it unlikely to be a gem event giving rewards for level 11 seeing that they only cost two gems to create.

I will purchase extra determination and then convert to EWD build with a few crit gems (level 9 ones I think) for exchange. I'll let you know how it works out; it will take one or two weeks to make the change, though.

Comment

im a bit iffy on lv 11 gems since gem/whips sc cycle is kind of broken and gem fusion coming soon which starts at lv 10 dont want..well if you have lots of lv 11s i guess it doesnt matter but meh
              having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                EWD is +50% damage. Crit is +100% damage, 60-80% of the time. (Percentage depends on how high your crit is, and if your opponent has guardian angel astral). So crit is always a better choice if you have determination 10 and 8k+ crit.

You can find more about how combat works here:
                http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/p...une-basic.html
                And particularly about critical:
                http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/2...crit-rate.html
                Crit is superior in PVE content yea but in PVP is another story, if u have 80% crit rate with 20k crit (lets say mage vs mage both 350k BR), just adding an EGA lv10
                into the mix puts your crit rate to 40%, if u put moderate to high block (10k+ onward) and high defenses you will feel the damage decrease greatly, i felt this in bg
                and it really sucks when you fight a brick tank.

Im following the advice of a great mage in these forums about an EWD setup (which ill have complete by this week probably) and cant wait to use it really, crit
                gambling gets old quick (unless of course you have a 600k br archer with 30k crit lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                  Crit is superior in PVE content yea but in PVP is another story, if u have 80% crit rate with 20k crit (lets say mage vs mage both 350k BR), just adding an EGA lv10
                  into the mix puts your crit rate to 40%, if u put moderate to high block (10k+ onward) and high defenses you will feel the damage decrease greatly, i felt this in bg
                  and it really sucks when you fight a brick tank.

Im following the advice of a great mage in these forums about an EWD setup (which ill have complete by this week probably) and cant wait to use it really, crit
                  gambling gets old quick (unless of course you have a 600k br archer with 30k crit lol).
                  What advice was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
                    250k HP
                    I think that is slightly 100k to low for your br, and that might be the reason why you're not performing like you think you should.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                      I think that is slightly 100k to low for your br, and that might be the reason why you're not performing like you think you should.
                      It is certainly low for my BR but this is because I am mainly on Defense gems, and I don't really think that changing those to HP would improve matters. My Endurance from the mount isn't maxed. The rest is.

Comment

atm im a crit mage and i was the last of the high br mages of my server to switch to crit as i was very careful.

crit is the atk stat, ewd is the tank stat. you will lose power (in theory) and gain massive defence. but the question is will defence be enough when an enemy will delphic you at 50%? personally i doubt defence astrals will protect you much, however if you use block gems instead of mdef/pdef i think there is a higher chance to survive. however surviving longer also means another thing: longer battles. you can compensate this with having a strong sylph.
                        mages are fine in short battles, but in longer lasting battles it gets thougher for them since other classes can quickly change the outcome. imo offense is the best defense.

you value pvp more than pve, so ewd is an option. but results of battles doesnt always get influenced by the atk build (crit/ewd). when you fight someone with similar br. think about what happend? did you get a crit heal, did he crit a lot? maybe that can answer your question in best way. i mean you might lose many battles, but an ewd build wont save you from ppl with 50k+ br and an ewd wont make you lose from someone with 50k+ br less than you

Comment

I personally think that EWD setup is good for mages against other classes....that guardian angel astral really helps and i just keep ignoring it because i still prefer crit heals over not being critted against. Now i havent done the math on that, so if someone else has in fact...please share your thoughts on that as well. Maybe im wrong not using guardian angel while on crit build, but i doubt it.

Since a lot of mages arent using crit build...in CW im fine with my crit setup without guardian angel astral.

Comment

when i was camping 59 for honor
                            i had absolutely no problem beating people
                            10-20k br higher than me
                            the one class i could not beat though
                            was an ewd built mage
                            an ewd mage with way lower br could be me, with ease
                            i just couldnt break the defense
                            that was lower levels though
                            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                            Class: Archer
                            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

The 'recently' introduced res and will crystals are a major effect on the current outcome of fights. Its always hard to compare two complete different situations for that matter, but like i said, i like EWD setup against other classes. I do pretty good against most mages in pvp, beat quite some 30-40k br higher mages, but against knights and archers around my own br i have a very hard time.

Comment

I used WD last CW, wasn't too bad, having constant damage compared to updownupdownupdown was nice, the extra defense/BR is good too if you need the extra push for finals in CW, but for BG and stuff idk, PvE crit build still seems like the best thing to have since the majority of good rewards come from PvE events. If you can afford both maybe okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X