Debating returning to EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
    Why would a higher level Ruthlessness lead to losing damage? Is the case that the floating damage value should not supercede the EWD? I.E. level 7 with 1% astral slot for 50% float?

Or maybe 40%? Since float is 10% by default?
    if your EWD is lvl 10 and ruthlessness is also lvl 10 it leads to losing dmg or the term Leak.
    50% EWD + 70% float, means you can deal higher up to 120% dmg to -20% dmg. the lower the ruth's level the better, lvl 3 is my suggest level.

and crit build is also good since we have sylphs now. you might consider that.
    I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
    and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
      Can you please detail why the Ruthlessness astral should be a low level. I have been unable to get solid advice.
      I've tested with a level 10 ruthlessness, the range for herc delphic (with 80k matk) is between 2M and 20k damage. Believe it or not.
      [morfinnor]
      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
        I've tested with a level 10 ruthlessness, the range for herc delphic (with 80k matk) is between 2M and 20k damage. Believe it or not.

yeah i think threll said something like that
        one of his attacks hit for 200k, and then the next one hit for like 20k
        i didnt believe it at first
        but thats a huge range
        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
        Class: Archer
        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Got rid of Ruthlessness because of the bizarre damage variations after lvl 5. Most of the time wound up doing much less damage than any other astral in its place. It's great for Crit builds when it peaks, but tends to be middle of the road to the suck when you do less damage with a sylph delphic than a normal skill for your class.

EWD's main advantage is to boost overall damage (or healing) using only one astral, where Crit builds need generally Determination and Crit astrals to be effective. For archer a heal critical also activates the damage boosting passive (like when Rain Dance is used).
          IGN: TreeTopper
          Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
          Guild: ESKReborn
          Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
          Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
            yeah i think threll said something like that
            one of his attacks hit for 200k, and then the next one hit for like 20k
            i didnt believe it at first
            but thats a huge range
            If you know the game well enough, you know the positive outcome from that damage appears to be there where you dont need it,
            while the negative one appears when you do need a huge hit.

Kinda the same with regeneration giving you 50k hp when you;re still on full hp 3 times in a row....

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
              If you know the game well enough, you know the positive outcome from that damage appears to be there where you dont need it,
              while the negative one appears when you do need a huge hit.

Kinda the same with regeneration giving you 50k hp when you;re still on full hp 3 times in a row....
              lol yeah i know that all too well
              when i was beating necro
              all i had to cupcake do was crit on the last hit
              5 days in a row i tried, i was doing everything right
              my delphic wouldnt crit, or my attack at the end to kill wouldnt crit
              then when i finally did beat it
              my internet died or something and when i came back on 2 hours later it had kicked me from necro
              Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 12-30-2014, 05:11 AM. Reason: Rude word
              IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
              Class: Archer
              Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
              Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                lol yeah i know that all too well
                when i was beating necro
                all i had to cupcake do was crit on the last hit
                5 days in a row i tried, i was doing everything right
                my delphic wouldnt crit, or my attack at the end to kill wouldnt crit
                then when i finally did beat it
                my internet died or something and when i came back on 2 hours later it had kicked me from necro
                We had the same beating spire yesterday, all 4 non crit on last wrath feeded delphic, so we didnt make it.
                Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 12-30-2014, 05:11 AM. Reason: rude word in quote

Comment

you put Ruthlessness to crit right? then 70% negative float is inevitable. EWD minimizes the negative float that's why i prefer using EWD and Ruth and putting it at low level than Crit build, yeah you can deal higher dmg with crit-ruth but you wont be happy with leak float dmg. trust me you wont hahaha

alot of ppl doesnt understand Ruth, hope this help
                  I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.

Comment

Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post

Well, I understand how it works, I just fail to see the use of it.

Comment

you put Ruthlessness to crit right? then 70% negative float is inevitable. EWD minimizes the negative float that's why i prefer using EWD and Ruth and putting it at low level than Crit build, yeah you can deal higher dmg with crit-ruth but you wont be happy with leak float dmg. trust me you wont hahaha

I had a 75% ruthlessness from refine as well.

That's the weird thing. for crit it was = (damage x crit_multiplier) x floatiness
                      but for wd = damage x (multiplier +- floatiness) which is quite unfair.
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                        Well, I understand how it works, I just fail to see the use of it.
                        good for your if you understand, btw the "help" i meant is for the OP,
                        seems you dont need advise tho XD

Comment

That's the weird thing. for crit it was = (damage x crit_multiplier) x floatiness
                          well 2M crit-ruth dmg is quite unfair too than the dmg EWD-ruth can deal

Comment

good for your if you understand, btw the "help" i meant is for the OP,
                            seems you dont need advise tho XD
                            Haha, i actually hoped you're gonna tell me where and when lvl 10 ruthles is useful.

Comment

can u give an example to explain it a bit further, because i just woke up and i try to see what you mean but i fail miserably?
                              Originally posted by TheVictorious
                              Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
                              Originally posted by PunkPetal
                              Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
                              Originally posted by EdGrr
                              A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
                              IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
                              Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
                              Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
                              Class: Mage
                              Currect Br: 61????

Comment

No, I still don't understand. Please explain this thoroughly. No, I'm not trolling, I just don't really follow what you are saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X