Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
    Im following the advice of a great mage in these forums about an EWD setup
    Agreed, "Zorich" has written several easy-to-follow posts on the subject and I believe they are worth checking out.

My own take is that in PVP, the fights that you are "supposed" to win, will be won, irregardless of build and BR, barring astral procs, you going AFK, you stripping, huge enemy Dryad's, and so on. The fights that you are "supposed" to lose will also be lost, build not withstanding.

For those fights that are "close", then CRIT. will be better, because pet delphics do so much damage and a critical hit with a pet delphic is better than an EWD hit.

Happy gaming.
    Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

biggest confusion is how much dmg in % u gain from crit (excluding determination) is double dmg or 25% or 50% what is cap if it is gained by crit stat or is flat all time and crit just determine chance to do crit

if I knew exactly than I would have easyer time to see if it is good to switch to ewd

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
        Agreed, "Zorich" has written several easy-to-follow posts on the subject and I believe they are worth checking out.

My own take is that in PVP, the fights that you are "supposed" to win, will be won, irregardless of build and BR, barring astral procs, you going AFK, you stripping, huge enemy Dryad's, and so on. The fights that you are "supposed" to lose will also be lost, build not withstanding.

For those fights that are "close", then CRIT. will be better, because pet delphics do so much damage and a critical hit with a pet delphic is better than an EWD hit.

Happy gaming.
        And then, you do 150k damage instead of 400k cuz you didnt crit, and regret your whole life you took crit, while reminding your opponent he won only cuz you didnt crit, whining for a revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
          I'm not doing too great in arena and battlegrounds and hope this could help.

My astrals are -

Determination & Goddess 10, Illusion 9, Sniper's 7, Pisces & Gemini 8, Ruthlessness, Deflection, Mysticality & Regeneration 6. I would change Determination and Sniper's to EWD and Guardian Angel.

I am a bit concerned about losing my critical heals.

What do you think?
          I don't know why on earth you use ruthlessness for pvp. That would be your main problem, not crit.

I have same stat as you, but less def since I'm crit/block build with more hp than you.
          I also used Level 10 GA with crit build and still heals minimum 100k+.
          It's usually enough for one BL when I run with similar br for group arena.
          The rest is sylph stuff, I don't expect to keep healing when enemy is in sylph mode.
          [morfinnor]
          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfish View Post
            biggest confusion is how much dmg in % u gain from crit (excluding determination) is double dmg or 25% or 50% what is cap if it is gained by crit stat or is flat all time and crit just determine chance to do crit

if I knew exactly than I would have easyer time to see if it is good to switch to ewd

no confusion crit gives 50% damage boost without determination. tested and proven it not hard to prove, just put on some crit on your toon( about 20% of your atk/matk) remove determination and record crit damage vs non crit damage its that easy
            having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Well im doing 2 builds with lv10 EWD, deter and crit astral with the needed gems for both sets so that will be covered, as someone above said about crit delphic or
              not crit, when you cut the enemy crit rate by 50% (or even more with further enhance the slot) they might or might not land those deadly crits, but there are many
              factors against a deadly crit like ilusion, block, advanced guardian rune, high res crystals against that element and so on.

I tasted what it is to fight mages and knights with maxed EGA (probably further with slot upgrade) and EWD and its not funny (talking of around same BR
              scenarios) when the mage keeps doing x2 your dmg since its 1 non crit after another non crit <_<

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
                no confusion crit gives 50% damage boost without determination. tested and proven it not hard to prove, just put on some crit on your toon( about 20% of your atk/matk) remove determination and record crit damage vs non crit damage its that easy
                well than its easy 50% from ewd is same as determination but since u gain extra 50% from crit (it will grow much more when time pass in battle to point on 50% boost).100% dmg from crit + determ on 50% boost is 150% while ewd is only 75% boost

while we gain extra def from gems when we switch ewd it wont grow with time like dmg grow 50%

Comment

well than its easy 50% from ewd is same as determination but since u gain extra 50% from crit (it will grow much more when time pass in battle to point on 50% boost).100% dmg from crit + determ on 50% boost is 150% while ewd is only 75% boost

while we gain extra def from gems when we switch ewd it wont grow with time like dmg grow 50%
                  That's when you crit, lets say you have a base attack of 100k and we get past the 50% mark. With EWD maxed it would be like hitting with 150k att + 50% so
                  every hit at 100% base dmg would be 225k dmg before defenses and dmg reduction of the enemy. With Crit would be 300k base dmg before defense if you crit,
                  otherwise you fall back to the 150k mark damage with the 50% bonus included, you see the difference here?

Sure crit makes big numbers (it really does in PVE) but in PVP is a total gamble, plus the further you develop the EGA slot + EWD slot, the bigger the difference is
                  because non crit sylph hits in PVP literally suck. Nothing like having 2-3 of your big hits deal non crit dmg while you'll be eating steady dmg every single time.

With this im not forcing anyone to change, try or whatever an EWD setup, i just dont like gambling in PVP to points where it gets absurd and dieing because ops
                  crits are gone, this is why im gonna try for a good while an EWD setup.

And yes the great mage i was talking about is Zorich, building myself with his advice and im very happy with the results so far, props for him

Comment

That's when you crit, lets say you have a base attack of 100k and we get past the 50% mark. With EWD maxed it would be like hitting with 150k att + 50% so
                    every hit at 100% base dmg would be 225k dmg before defenses and dmg reduction of the enemy. With Crit would be 300k base dmg before defense if you crit,
                    otherwise you fall back to the 150k mark damage with the 50% bonus included, you see the difference here?

Sure crit makes big numbers (it really does in PVE) but in PVP is a total gamble, plus the further you develop the EGA slot + EWD slot, the bigger the difference is
                    because non crit sylph hits in PVP literally suck. Nothing like having 2-3 of your big hits deal non crit dmg while you'll be eating steady dmg every single time.

With this im not forcing anyone to change, try or whatever an EWD setup, i just dont like gambling in PVP to points where it gets absurd and dieing because ops

And yes the great mage i was talking about is Zorich, building myself with his advice and im very happy with the results so far, props for him
                    yea its gamble with crit but with 22k crit I rarely fail to do crit ,most important my sylph delph rarely fail to crit,and that dmg output of 50% on time passed really make difference when criting

I was ewd long but switched crit eventually not just for pve but for pvp because dmg was very low with ewd it was imposible to destroy agoran with rain of fire or meteor not to mention archers easy heal with ** because couldn't kill fast

Comment

yea its gamble with crit but with 22k crit I rarely fail to do crit ,most important my sylph delph rarely fail to crit,and that dmg output of 50% on time passed really make difference when criting

I was ewd long but switched crit eventually not just for pve but for pvp because dmg was very low with ewd it was imposible to destroy agoran with rain of fire or meteor not to mention archers easy heal with ** because couldn't kill fast
                      My crit will become 22k after 2 years, so I think I will use EWD first?

Comment

Any detailed advice?

Comment

since EWD and Crit didnt change, this one shouldnt be outdated

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....parative-Guide

if you want to use Ruthlessness, keep it low lvl and EWD does affect your heal.
                          try testing which suits your taste, better to experience it too.
                          I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                          and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Originally posted by R27560757SpeeDHunter View Post
                            since EWD and Crit didnt change, this one shouldnt be outdated

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....parative-Guide

if you want to use Ruthlessness, keep it low lvl and EWD does affect your heal.
                            try testing which suits your taste, better to experience it too.
                            Can you please detail why the Ruthlessness astral should be a low level. I have been unable to get solid advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
                              Can you please detail why the Ruthlessness astral should be a low level. I have been unable to get solid advice.
                              Ruthlessness Floats dmg depending on level, if you have EWD lvl 10 (50% dmg inc) and Enhanced ruthlessness lvl 3 (floating dmg 21% )
                              floating means -21% up to +21% can be added to your EWD, means your 50% dmg can be 71% or 29% dmg or in between.
                              im using ruthlessness and just killed 20k br higher than mine

*Edit: and like an the guide said, EWD build is more tankier than crit build
                              *Edit2: if your Ruthlessness is higher then it only leads to losing dmg
                              Last edited by R27560757SpeeDHunter; 12-30-2014, 03:29 AM. Reason: edit included
                              I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                              and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Why would a higher level Ruthlessness lead to losing damage? Is the case that the floating damage value should not supercede the EWD? I.E. level 7 with 1% astral slot for 50% float?

Or maybe 40%? Since float is 10% by default?
                                Last edited by Yesheron; 12-30-2014, 03:36 AM. Reason: ETA

Comment

Working...
                                X