About Mages and Electro Skills & Resistance Thread 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SquishyFoxy View Post
    then how do you account for the EMPIRICAL observation that our NONSYLPH skills damage is DRASTICALLY reduced when facing a player with extremely high Electro resistance. I have not seen this with other sylphs equipped but I suspect this might be due to this being preferred sylph for so many so that is the res they build in dimension.
    I'm just gonna take this part right here and address.

1. Whatever Sylph you have equipped is what your attacks are. Not JUST your Sylph Attacks, but all your class Attacks inherit that type of energy as well. So if you have an Eve / Hercules / Zeus on - all your attacks, even RoF and Meteor, will be of the Electric type. If you have a Gaia on (as I do), then all your attacks, even Lightning Bolt and Thunderer, are DARK.

This isn't a question to anyone but an extreme minority that are either trolling or just can't grasp it.

2. Yes, most everyone who can run high Electric Resist does so. I am a Mage. I have 600k BR. In the last CSGB fight I fought TWO archers over 700k BR and two assisting Knights at 500k or so BR - all with Hercules pets - and won, handily, in a 4 on 1 fight. My Electric Resist was a 1450. At the 50% Mark, Hercules Delphics were only hitting me for 30k - 50k damage.

THAT is how resist works. If you don't want to have your non-pet attacks subject to high electric resist - STOP USING AN ELECTRIC PET.

Comment

• well, i think the issue is resolved

non-sylph damage is affected by target's resist (highest resist value out of the 6 elements)
      non-sylph damage referring to Knight/Mage/Archer dmg while not awakened. Pve monsters with no elements, probably fall under the same damage type, but need some tests for that.

oh wait, there's more
      Originally posted by Zorich View Post

1. Whatever Sylph you have equipped is what your attacks are. Not JUST your Sylph Attacks, but all your class Attacks inherit that type of energy as well. So if you have an Eve / Hercules / Zeus on - all your attacks, even RoF and Meteor, will be of the Electric type. If you have a Gaia on (as I do), then all your attacks, even Lightning Bolt and Thunderer, are DARK.

This isn't a question to anyone but an extreme minority that are either trolling or just can't grasp it.

2. Yes, most everyone who can run high Electric Resist does so. I am a Mage. I have 600k BR. In the last CSGB fight I fought TWO archers over 700k BR and two assisting Knights at 500k or so BR - all with Hercules pets - and won, handily, in a 4 on 1 fight. My Electric Resist was a 1450. At the 50% Mark, Hercules Delphics were only hitting me for 30k - 50k damage.

THAT is how resist works. If you don't want to have your non-pet attacks subject to high electric resist - STOP USING AN ELECTRIC PET.

now that contradicts the "highest resist theory" that every1 seems to be sure of.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

how dare you imply that I have not "earned" your respect. Who the hell do you think you are that you have the right to judge and put down others because you don't like it? Get your panties out of a wad...if you dont want to further the topic and you want it to go away..then just dont come here. but how DARE you suggest I am not worthy of your respect?
        Originally posted by SquishyFoxy View Post
        Umm no I have provided cogent concise observations and asked for a discussion..you respond with a tirade about mages and your resentment of the class. I did not character assinate..you did. THAT is arrogant and innappropriate. you actually the one that has shown an inability to remain on topic and inability to interact productively with your peers.
        I did not do anything of the sort. And the accusation that I somehow assassinated your character is also false as you did that yourself with your post. This "tirade against mages" you speak of was actually just me making my "empirical" observation regarding the overpowered nature of a class that can heal up 1,000,000 damage in 60 seconds and then asking "what do you want resolved?" A question you did not bother to answer but instead responded with a post flaming me with all of your ARROGANT "how dare you, who do you think you are" remarks.
        Last edited by OhBummer; 03-24-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

if you go to skill calculator it clearly says this. This is the skill calculator ss taken today. It may have not been updated so if I am not a knight how would I know the skill was changed? I did investigate this after the patch in which this was happening. The knight I ran with said her skill description still said "front row" and in addition I created a knight to investigate this and my knight skill description said same..front row.. so later for YOUR class alone it changed the description but did not update it in their skill description. That does not illegitimate what the topic is or the evidence. If you have no experience of this happening then you don't ...good enough...but others do...and your dismissal of something because YOUR description is purely a nasty and diverting technique. [ATTACH=CONFIG]130896[/ATTACH]
          The skill calculator is NOT updated to reflect the game. The text in the game has been updated. That skill calculator hasn't been supported for years. This is the actual text:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Intercept.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1710083

And you're talking poop when you say you made a knight and it said "front row." That's not true at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post

Just wanted to clarify. I was attacking equipped with Gaia and pretty fair dark res. My Opponent was equipped with Hercules and had extreme electro res. My electro res is fair at 550 or so.
            ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
            SquishyFoxy
            S1 resident Gently fragile mage
            (a tad on the delicate side)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post

i asume u didnt watch videos i have posted....

i have carying Cerberus so my atacks are fire type , so how some player that dont have fire resist can get only 5K damage from my thunderer??

and only when he lowered his electro ress i have dealed 100% more damage, in some cases 200% .... ????? any clue?? we have try same thing with all resistances on maximum and only when he max out his Electro i deal lowest damage. and trough all the time i have using Cerberus. i have even deal more damage when he maxed his fire ress.
              Alchemist

S-287
              1M+BR Mage

Comment

• Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                well, i think the issue is resolved

non-sylph damage is affected by target's resist (highest resist value out of the 6 elements)
                non-sylph damage referring to Knight/Mage/Archer dmg while not awakened. Pve monsters with no elements, probably fall under the same damage type, but need some tests for that.

oh wait, there's more

now that contradicts the "highest resist theory" that every1 seems to be sure of.
                Zorich's statement is how it's supposed to work, I think. Your attacks (all of them) should correspond to the element of whatever slyph you're using. I'm not sure what exactly is broken that it uses the highest res and not the corresponding res. It could be unable to determine the attacking element or it could be confusion in which defending elemental res to use (and thus reverts to the default, i.e. highest). Of course, for all we know, it could be working as R2 intended or res/element shouldn't even come into play unless awakened.

Short of it is, it has been tested (by me and others I'm sure), that highest res is used for DR outside of awakened slyph, no matter the attacking elemental alignment in PvP.

Comment

• oh god.....u guys still on about this....just stop trying to explain something to some that is oviously trolling))))the dude that started this thread im sure he got it by now.....but likes having pll commenting for him..geez
                  IGN:Choco(ex:InnØceήce)
                  Class:Mage
                  Level:80
                  Server:Scarstone-S274
                  Battle rating:1.6 mk(nice fake BR)
                  Guild:Genesis
                  The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

Comment

• Who necro'd this dead thread? Dead argument is dead.

Let it rest.
                    Name: Phoenixia
                    Server: R2 S-319
                    Class: Mage
                    BR: 911k
                    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                      Who necro'd this dead thread? Dead argument is dead.

Let it rest.
                      the gap between post #117 and #118 is 1 month away, so there you go.

and it's funny he's being the 2nd fool of this thread, posting without even reading the comments where it already explained how res works multiple times.
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• I am not a fool and your inability to understand the issue at hand is not furthering the topic. People have speculated how res works on this thread. Speculation neither proves a fact nor does it address if this is bug or intentional. It took a month for me to have evidence of this glitch as opposed to rampant speculation. It was at that time that if felt it appropriate to necro this issue as you call it. Now it may seem foolish to you to reexamine an issue when you have fresh data but believe me it is more foolish to let hearsay be law. I reopened the topic to further the discussion. You dont want to hear it? It annoys you? That is fine. No one is twisting your arm to read and participate in this discussion. Just ignore the thread. As simple as that. But to call me names does not further the conversation. This is not a settled issue nor is it how it is intended to work by the way. My source? The developers. Thank you for your time and i would appreciate it if you would refrain from calling me names
                        Last edited by SquishyFoxy; 03-26-2015, 10:22 AM. Reason: typos
                        ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                        SquishyFoxy

Comment

• ah, sweet denials.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• why is discussion so threatening to you? To speculate on how something works is not how one proves the underpinning mechanisms. that is just talk....however discussion can lead to formulation of hypotheses that can be formally tested and furthered. All research is done that way. what happens when the test shows a certain indication? it is tested again and again and again ...in same circumstances, different circumstance, same angle, different angle. and why? all to get at truth...why should we care? It affects how we do things. I was never trying to mage whine or increase my damage to others. I could care less about that. I beat most people on sylph anyway ..I just do think it is important for regular skills to be functioning properly. If they are erroneously nerfed by a program glitch that is a serious problem for ALL classes not just mine. and so I think it worth the time to revisit this discussion. This does not make me a fool and I would appreciate it if we can moderate this thread so personal insults (including any I give when feeling attacked and hurt) can be expunged. Thank you
                            ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                            SquishyFoxy

Comment

• 1 month isn't a necro, especially since the topic of this thread is still active in game.

Now if it was a thread where the last post was in 2012 and was about the old-old style BG, *then* it was most definitely a necro, and the mods would've put it out of its misery.

So may I remind all folks here to play nice and try to have a civilised discussion? I'm sure we're all mature enough for that, even if we have to try hard. Thanks.
                              "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                              and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

• Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                                1 month isn't a necro, especially since the topic of this thread is still active in game.

Now if it was a thread where the last post was in 2012 and was about the old-old style BG, *then* it was most definitely a necro, and the mods would've put it out of its misery.

So may I remind all folks here to play nice and try to have a civilised discussion? I'm sure we're all mature enough for that, even if we have to try hard. Thanks.
                                Thank you very much. I think that is an excellent suggestion and I will try hard to maintain that spirit. ♥
                                ♥♥Hugs and Hearts♥♥
                                SquishyFoxy

Comment

Working...
                                X