No announcement yet.

Mages too damn OP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh, mages have the edge. It's pretty blatant to see. Before knights had a shot at taking out a mage (still not a reliable one) but with clothes it's at least a double AOE if not a triple. Something's off there.

Another issue though is personal attacks on the forum. It's sorry to see. There really needs to be a "report" button.

Comment

• Yup mages have edge over Knights. But we Archers kick mages butts with high critical! But at same time archers get worked by knights with high PDEF. Also Archers/knights own the WB

Comment

• Originally posted by intelinside1 View Post
        Also Archers/knights own the WB
        Archers own the WB... Then mages and finally knights.

Any knights or mages in the top 10 - I would bet a considerable amount have either spent a lot of money previously, or are balening... or more than likely both...
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xeptone View Post
          Its pointless to argue with kattuktk
          Give up ppl
          His mind is already set on how weak the knight is
          No amount of proof will make he think otherwise
          Says a "high level" mage who looses to knights..
          Besides who are you to try and put everyone against me?? i never took a shot at you so now why are you behaving childish?? Oh wait i guess ur 12 anyway.. sorry

Comment

Its pointless to argue with kattuktk
            Give up ppl
            His mind is already set on how weak the knight is
            No amount of proof will make he think otherwise
            Your Xept right? plz don't criticize anyone when you have so much crit 989 when you have a will destroyer(lvl 8) and even used a gem slot on it along with refines so you wasted some of your stats on crit when it doesn't even do anything for you... if you're are Xept that is and I don't think you were just doing it for wb since your crit is still too low enough to make a difference and you have it refined. Correct me if I am wrong or talking about a different player I just assume you are Xept since that is similar to your forum name
            Server 92- King
            Guild: Thundera- Assistant

Comment

• i just change the astral crit when wb
              it become 2000 +
              decent enough to get good % of crits
              at this point i can take a bit of scrafice and boost my wb earning by a lot
              and i am lazy to keep socketing in and out 3 times a day and waste my gold
              to socket back in mdef gems
              when it is usually knights and archer that kill me in my server
              not mages

by the way did u even look at the previous pages
              and read the post to and fro between me and kat
              at no point of time i did accuse or call him anynames or downgraded his name

well kat it was u that took pot shots at me
              told u i am only vip 6
              and there u are claiming i am some sort of big cashier without brain ....

then it dawn to me .... urgg its pointless to argue with u
              even with enough facts
              u still wont admit it maybe u just wont be bothered with it
              Last edited by Xeptone; 03-11-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

i just change the astral crit when wb
                it become 2000 +
                decent enough to get good % of crits
                at this point i can take a bit of scrafice and boost my wb earning by a lot
                and i am lazy to keep socketing in and out 3 times a day and waste my gold
                to socket back in mdef gems
                when it is usually knights and archer that kill me in my server
                not mages

by the way did u even look at the previous pages
                and read the post to and fro between me and kat
                at no point of time i did accuse or call him anynames or downgraded his name

well kat it was u that took pot shots at me
                told u i am only vip 6
                and there u are claiming i am some sort of big cashier without brain ....

then it dawn to me .... urgg its pointless to argue with u
                even with enough facts
                u still wont admit it maybe u just wont be bothered with it
                Well you have crit on your gear that you pvp with it goes to waste as it count towards your br but doesn't do anything in an actual fight so its a waste in pvp for a useful stat. You aren't gemmed to specifically beat knights either and they were probably gemmed to beat you and the pve set doesn't help too much when facing knights its more useful to outlast other mages from what I hear from other mages that use pve sets. If you aren't fully equipped for pvp and the knight is...yeah you'll prob lose to the knights that gem specifically and refine to beat mages.... and if you aren't built to beat knights because you clearly went towards a balanced defense while these knights didn't focus on any physical defense who probably get whipped by other knights you shouldn't really make a comparison. I stomp this one knight on my server but the mages say hes harder to beat than me because he has way more hp and magic defense... but he lacks physical defense and attack to do anything against me. Mages that build to beat knights will always win against knights on similar level anyone should understand that.
                Server 92- King

Comment

• As in every archer finds a knight difficult to beat

So now finally lets get back to the topic
                  Is mage OP ?

Coz from ur reply
                  Knights can specifically gem and counter or at least resist mages to a certain degree
                  So thus proving mages is not really as OP as the topic claims

U just have to specifically go towards the build that actually counters them
                  And u will find urself in a better position to resist or even beat the mage senseless

Btw i only got 3 eq with crit stats
                  and 2 socket with crit gem that i can only either choose mdef or hp gem... ( which is why i dun take out)
                  2 k more hp in battle is not much of a use against good knights or archers

What i want to point out is
                  Actually its balanced knight pawn archers ... archers pawn mages ..... mages pawn knights
                  Unless u go towards the counter build then u become stronger against ur weakness
                  but weaker against those that u should be strong against

OP ? no .... mages are just simply more easy to use to greater effect ... YES

Comment

As in every archer finds a knight difficult to beat

So now finally lets get back to the topic
                    Is mage OP ?

Coz from ur reply
                    Knights can specifically gem and counter or at least resist mages to a certain degree
                    So thus proving mages is not really as OP as the topic claims

U just have to specifically go towards the build that actually counters them
                    And u will find urself in a better position to resist or even beat the mage senseless

Btw i only got 3 eq with crit stats
                    and 2 socket with crit gem that i can only either choose mdef or hp gem... ( which is why i dun take out)
                    2 k more hp in battle is not much of a use against good knights or archers

What i want to point out is
                    Actually its balanced knight pawn archers ... archers pawn mages ..... mages pawn knights
                    Unless u go towards the counter build then u become stronger against ur weakness
                    but weaker against those that u should be strong against

OP ? no .... mages are just simply more easy to use to greater effect ... YES
                    This topic is entirely about pvp though.... knights get minimal daru and gold from wb compared to other two maybe like 20% each time and that adds up every single day... Divine altar is an event based on dps again knights lose out on another event that adds up everyday. With the stuff the mages and archers get everyday that knights do not yeah they eventually will have the attrition make them weaker but mages have no weaknesses from the looks and the clothes help them more than it does for any other classes I'll give you reasons why for each one
                    1. Archer- sure it helps but lunatice fire is going to be used anyway if your troops are dead from one luna your probably not up there in troop count/troop lvl/ academy. Archers attacks are random as well so they dont' really get to choose who to target most of the time so they could shoot a 1 hp troops twice if they have bad luck.
                    2.Mages- the only real restriction they have compared to the other two classes was rage since their have more aoes and have lesser cds on all of them they can basically spam them to take out troops immediately which is easy in pvp set.
                    3. Knights-same as archer don't benefit too much one whirlwind won't kill troops anyway. the only thing it could do is maybe get a delphic faster. Knights have much bigger cds than the other classes when it comes to their skills. It will take a knight forever to kill troops but its not possible to survive through mages attacks unless you are significantly stronger than them.
                    With new troops coming out in the next patch it will only benefit mages even more than the other two classes. There is a reason people say that charisma is more beneficial to mages...the troop hp is a problem for the other two classes its hardly anything for mages. I don't know how you can't notice the other two classes taking several more turns just to kill the mages troops isn't a heavy disadvantage...

As far as it goes Mages>Archers>Knights when it comes to individual development time....the only mage shortcoming is necro which is only a difference with moderate to heavy cashers anyway..
                    Server 92- King

Comment

• Well put
                      This I have to agreed
                      there really isst any real good place that knights shines
                      the only advice i can give is wait
                      Till patch 1.6
                      With Charm system knights can heal 3 times each times with 35 % of max hp
                      Then its mages turn to whine

Comment

• well just read this whole thread was rather funny, but i do have to agree mages are a lil to OP, knights are now underpowerd put block back to what it used to be and they wouldent be,as far archers go i dont care xD

Comment

• Arher vs Mage

Damnation, Meteoric Destroyer > All soldiers dead, Archer on 50%

Archer still working on first soldier

Meteoric Destroyer - 30 Rage, 142% magic damage, 32% chance to do another 800 damage, 25% damage boost QTE

Rain of Fire - 16 Rage, 140% magic damage, 25% damage boost QTE

Lunatic Fire - 45 Rage, 134% physical damage, crit rate increased by 10 (useless) , 25% damage boost QTE (Costs 29!! more Rage and deals less damage then Rain of Fire)

Multi Shot - 10 Rage, 2x55%+150 physical damage, 100% crit rate, 25% damage QTE

Basicly Meteoric Strike and Rain of Fire (AoE) does the same damage as MultiShot (ST), to all targets, while multishot only hits max two targets where damage gets split doing half the damage of Meteor per target. Both of them also deals more damage then Lunatic Fire.

Mages can use 2 AoE skills for the same cost of 1 Lunatic fire, both doing more damage then the Lunatic fire and same damage as Archers main ST skill to all targets.

Ontop of that mages also have massive heals, while archers skills dont work on players or NM bosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                            Well first up who the **** are you to decide how much knowledge i have of this game??
                            Second this is exactly what i said u dumbshit that all of them more or less will have either one level 7 "or all level 6" and i meant the non BR increasing astrals not the regular PATK, PDEF etc
                            Third my rule was NOT for everyone.. if you could have read english then you would have known the meaning of "most of the time"
                            Fourth, since you are so ******* knowledgeable why dont you tell us your way of measuring the strength two players in the cross server battlegrounds?? all you get to know about them is their BR and their base stats.... the only other way of knowing how powerful that person is other than BR is to check their effective BR and effective BR is a "very accurate" way of judging players especially if you dont have any knowledge about their other stuff (not even their clothes). I have mentioned this point in my statement.
                            Oh and yes even if you care to reply then please do so only if you have the answer of my fourth point. Take care.
                            :edit: on second thoughts not even going to reply when someone talks to me like this and I will be civil on this forum, but you did completely ignore where I presented actual facts/statistics that proved you wrong.

But all I hear from archers is that knights dominate them, and I struggle to archers right now due to the high crit and their ability to open with lunatic fire now. I'll wait and see with new troops and see how that affects the balance. You are not the only class with problems.

I mentioned this in a previous post (maybe another thread) but first battle of battlegrounds knight stuns me, then ultimate slasher, then whirlwind and then another ultimate slasher and I died before my troops even did. He had about 4k on my br if I remember right and I was 45.7k at the time.
                            Last edited by R24877577; 03-11-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Just got owned by a mage in solo arena who opened with thunderer and stripped away 2/3rds of my HP's before i got to do anything. he was 3 levels below me and had a pretty average mage, certainly not a big casher. tried again twice more not as much damage as first time but could not beat him without runes. now even the terrible AI is wailing on me. my VIP run's out tomorrow it will not be getting renewed and i have a covenant with 25 days left then i'm gone.

just found out D&D neverwinter is a free to play game so i'm going to try that. hopefully someone will do a clone of wartunes that actually understands about game balance and bothers to beta test.

Calgacus S88

Comment

• I wish my thunderer could take out 2/3rds of a knights hp. That's most likely a build issue right there. A lot of knights from my experience focus on pdef but not a great deal on mdef but the ones that do focus on mdef can be quite the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X