Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Need help? Found a bug? For faster assistance, join our Discord: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

How do the Knights out there defeat the new Troops, suggestions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do the Knights out there defeat the new Troops, suggestions please

    I am having trouble defeating the new troops in either Duel battles or Battlegrounds battles now. It was doable before the new troops came out, you could often chew through the Knights with half health left and enough time to defeat your enemy, but with the current troops it is very hard depending on level. I am lvl 57 and I am getting defeated by other players 3 and 4 levels below me with Templars particularly. I haven't fought too many of the other new troop. I just now lost to a lvl 54 ranger that had lvl 51 Templars. I managed to defeat the Templars but had a very small amount of health left and I was only able to get off two shots, but the first shot had to be Slasher I had no Rage left.

    I feel like I can not use much in the way of defensive as I have to go all out offensive against the Templars just to get them defeated. My BR isn't that bad at lvl 57 (35943), I have wings and Crusader horse, but I don't spend money on the game.

    How are you knights out there, minimum cashers, defeating these Templars with enough rage and time to defeat the opponents that you should be defeating? My level in Arena has slipped by almost 50 and I am finding that I am unable to raise it back up.

    Advice please....

  • #2
    I'm not a knight, but I saw a strategy some knights are using - cast a holy seal as soon as you start the battle - lower the health of the opponent, and then use Ultimate Slasher. Gather rage for one turn, then either Ultimate Slasher again or whirlwind (depending on whether the opponent has more or less hp than his troops now). Reverse damage could also help in damaging the opponent if you can't get to him. Unfortunately, on higher levels it becomes useless so I'd use an astral for that if possible.

    I've also seen knights with good PDEF (try to make your PDEF to be at least the value of 80% archers PATK of your level), reflection and agoran shield that just kill everything because they can't be damaged - troops actually heal them when they block. Place your troops in front of you (templars) and gather rage. If the enemy damages you he will very likely receive a lot of damage back and you won't mind. Gather rage while your troops die. Use delphic when his troops die. This strategy is based more on outlasting your opponent than really outdamaging him, and it's not very likely to work against mages as well (unless you have a good MDEF, which is harder for knights).

    I know that this is not ideal, but it's the best I've got. Hope it helps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ignore this guy's suggestion please, this guy didn't ever play knight, and know nothing about it. I am experienced knights, I have to say "hs->ultra slash" totally doesn't work on the 55+ lvl battle, you never know your hs can stun opponent or not, you will definitely waste one turn, and hs cast time is horrible long, you only wish is to wipe out enemy's troops as soon as you can, even though it getting tougher since Templars come out. my suggestion is here:

      1, try to collect cloth to increase your inital rage over 50, so that you are able to cast WW at the first turn.
      2, DO NOT USE HOLY SEAL at the first turn, unless you 100% sure your hs level is higher than your enemy.
      3, DO NOT listen to suggestion from people only play with mage, they do not really care about knight's survivability, in fact they wish they can have this edge over knight for ever.


      Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
      I'm not a knight, but I saw a strategy some knights are using - cast a holy seal as soon as you start the battle - lower the health of the opponent, and then use Ultimate Slasher. Gather rage for one turn, then either Ultimate Slasher again or whirlwind (depending on whether the opponent has more or less hp than his troops now). Reverse damage could also help in damaging the opponent if you can't get to him. Unfortunately, on higher levels it becomes useless so I'd use an astral for that if possible.

      I've also seen knights with good PDEF (try to make your PDEF to be at least the value of 80% archers PATK of your level), reflection and agoran shield that just kill everything because they can't be damaged - troops actually heal them when they block. Place your troops in front of you (templars) and gather rage. If the enemy damages you he will very likely receive a lot of damage back and you won't mind. Gather rage while your troops die. Use delphic when his troops die. This strategy is based more on outlasting your opponent than really outdamaging him, and it's not very likely to work against mages as well (unless you have a good MDEF, which is harder for knights).

      I know that this is not ideal, but it's the best I've got. Hope it helps.
      _________________________________

      Monkey King [S3] US EAST
      Character Name: Ghang
      Status: Played since April 21, 2014

      Wartune [S67] US EAST
      Character Name: Halifax
      Status: Played since Nov 11, 2012

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
        Ignore this guy's suggestion please, this guy didn't ever play knight, and know nothing about it. I am experienced knights, I have to say "hs->ultra slash" totally doesn't work on the 55+ lvl battle, you never know your hs can stun opponent or not, you will definitely waste one turn, and hs cast time is horrible long, you only wish is to wipe out enemy's troops as soon as you can, even though it getting tougher since Templars come out. my suggestion is here:

        1, try to collect cloth to increase your inital rage over 50, so that you are able to cast WW at the first turn.
        2, DO NOT USE HOLY SEAL at the first turn, unless you 100% sure your hs level is higher than your enemy.
        3, DO NOT listen to suggestion from people only play with mage, they do not really care about knight's survivability, in fact they wish they can have this edge over knight for ever.
        the point of using hs is not to stun them, but to inflict damage upon them so that then ulti slasher will target the player and not the troops

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
          Ignore this guy's suggestion please, this guy didn't ever play knight, and know nothing about it. I am experienced knights, I have to say "hs->ultra slash" totally doesn't work on the 55+ lvl battle, you never know your hs can stun opponent or not, you will definitely waste one turn, and hs cast time is horrible long, you only wish is to wipe out enemy's troops as soon as you can, even though it getting tougher since Templars come out. my suggestion is here:

          1, try to collect cloth to increase your inital rage over 50, so that you are able to cast WW at the first turn.
          2, DO NOT USE HOLY SEAL at the first turn, unless you 100% sure your hs level is higher than your enemy.
          3, DO NOT listen to suggestion from people only play with mage, they do not really care about knight's survivability, in fact they wish they can have this edge over knight for ever.
          the point of using hs is not to stun them, but to inflict damage upon them so that then ulti slasher will target the player and not the troops.

          Comment


          • #6
            i dont see this working. if the mage has less hp than his troops (which is reguired for ultimate slasher to hit the mage) he could just use a heal and the knight is forced to deal with his troops again.

            Comment


            • #7
              NEVER cast ww against a mage after 1.5 part 2 especially when they are using new troops. it's just bad... go with slash, ult slasher, and know when to shield to take the least dmg while still killing their troop and building rage on DD

              Comment


              • #8
                I have played all three class and currently am an archer so I know all three classes very well. I have read everything you stated and have come up with the best possible solution for knights to be able to compete in pvp against players with templars.

                The fist thing you want to do is get the troops warlocks. Why, you may ask? The fact is warlocks hit very hard with magic attack and have the chance to hit all people and the chances this happens seems to be close to 1 out of 3 attacks. This will than weaken your opponent in back row allowing for ultimate slasher to hit the back row enemy. Also templars have weak magic defense and will fall much more faster with warlocks pounding them. You will take loses in world boss but lets face reality knights and world boss just don't go together.

                Second troop positioning you want to be the front row ad the troops in the back so that the templars hit you. Have a high block rating and pop shield as much as possible so that the templar attacks on you will continuously heal you over time.

                Lat step is relatively simple build your rage up and as soon as the templars fall hit the person with your delphic and than continuously pound away until the enemy falls.

                One other thing to do as well you are 57 your br is not that great for that level so I suggest working some more on your gems and your astros to increase your level some. Also keep working on your talents and max them out and stay at 59 until you do so. Once at 59 and talents are maxed for that level than you will have some serious fun destroying everyone in the battle ground anyways, might not help for 60 plus on your server in arena but it will at least in battle ground.
                giving game one last chance :

                guild leader : endangered
                server 164 brighthollow
                class : archer
                current level : 54
                favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

                Comment


                • #9
                  you begin with slash + ult slash against templars? you must be kidding me.

                  Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                  NEVER cast ww against a mage after 1.5 part 2 especially when they are using new troops. it's just bad... go with slash, ult slasher, and know when to shield to take the least dmg while still killing their troop and building rage on DD
                  _________________________________

                  Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                  Character Name: Ghang
                  Status: Played since April 21, 2014

                  Wartune [S67] US EAST
                  Character Name: Halifax
                  Status: Played since Nov 11, 2012

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not a Knight..

                    But I would think Holy Seal, Ulti Slasher, Shielding etc would be the key, try not to deal any damage to troops and try take out person in back row while allowing their troops to constantly hit and heal you.

                    I would not get Warlocks, their AOE damage is weak. While they survive longer against mages, they also deal less damage to mages. Not to mention Mages don't even care about troops. They'll just AoE them and be it Warlock or Templars, they're both dead in 2 turns.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As a 68 mage I kill troops in first 2 AOES so I don't see how warlocks help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There's a lot of misinformation here. :/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i just lose all my battles there is no way to stop them unless you are a hard casher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            [lvl 59 knight]
                            i lost 8/10 duel @_@. usuallay i use (slasher-windwhirl-slasher) =their troop done. but now. i need to hit more for a troop T_T.
                            -----)darky | s115(-------

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by R25664847 View Post
                              you begin with slash + ult slash against templars? you must be kidding me.
                              Kidding you? Having to cast WW first allows mage to land an AOE before you. And you definitely taking more dmg this way and prolonging the fight. I'm a knight constantly fighting against 16k+ matk mage and have no problem even with new troop. I'd say it's much harder but it's still workable, for me at least.


                              P.S i've been using this to survive in the 60s BG to hit 3k cap daily
                              Last edited by darrylch; 04-07-2013, 08:15 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X