X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWall
    replied
    Originally posted by R27391871 View Post
    Any buffs, would be assumed to include the wc, but you guys just wanna keep harping on about how its ok to use the wc and gain rewards that you haven't earned.
    Why assume? Why not go by what's actually stated?

What the hell do think it means when it says, Battle Ratings increased by buffs using items such as potion/scroll do not count towards the BR calculation ????
    You really want to argue semantics? It doesn't say any buffs. It says buffs using items. Warriors call isn't an item. The post lists specific things that don't work, like potions and scrolls. If they'd wanted warriors call not to work, they would have listed it as well and they would have made it not work. The fact that warriors call worked in HoF II and now worked again, while pots and scrolls didn't work, would back that up.

Oh look it doesnt mention using wc, so we can use that and sit in a dungeon... yea, I think wc is called a buff, and therefore shouldnt count towards your total, besides im sure I have seen it mentioned that wc doesnt count, just not sure in which post.
    Oh joy, another person who is sure seeing it mentioned that wc doesn't count, but can't point to an official R2 post to that effect. I think I'm going to start a bunch of new posts later with new rules for people to follow too...
    Last edited by TWall; 11-28-2014, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R27391871
    replied
    Originally posted by R272123321 View Post
    Players did not know what would happen when they buffed so they took the risk with spending the pots/scrolls/wc and it looks like it may have worked for them. I just dont see why other players are calling them cheaters when they didnt cheat.
    If you read my previous posts you would understand why I would call it cheating, but I explain again

in the T&C its stated that any attempt to use an exploit is deemed as cheating, to me,although not 100% same thing, it looks like a flaw in the rules.
    I dont blame ppl for trying, but I disagree with it, effectively even knowing that buffs dont count they still attempt to skirt around the rules.

To sum it up, if you have knowledge that certain items (buffs) will not be allowed, and then attempt to defeat the system, its plain and simple cheating, or at least an attempt
    to cheat.

Leave a comment:

• boggieswag
    replied
    I run a legal firm if anyone needs a lawyer lol
    Not needed - related to many lawyers who practice law or are on now on the administrative (politics) side of law and those who transposed to the insurance industry managing claims dealing with legal matters..

Leave a comment:

• EsmeWeatherwax
    replied
    Originally posted by TWall View Post
    And what authority is that? Do mods have authority to set rules that are not reflected anywhere else (either ingame or in official R2 posts)? So are players now charged with reading all mod comments within a thread (and not just that, but also reading all player comments within a thread and checking to see if they have been edited by mods or even former mods) to learn what the rules for the game are? Is that really the expectation?
    Mods speak to the GMs on players behalf. We try to find answers to fill the (often huge) gaps the GM posts have by hammering the GMs for answers, which we'll then relay to the masses.
    It is a player's responsibility to read the forum, if they care to be updated, because that's where information is handed out. The mods will link to answers or useful updates as often as reasonably possible. If you don't care to read up, that's your loss. You can't blame the mods or GMs for you not reading up on big events.

Leave a comment:

• R272123321
    replied
    Any buffs, would be assumed to include the wc, but you guys just wanna keep harping on about how its ok to use the wc and gain rewards that you haven't earned.

What the hell do think it means when it says, Battle Ratings increased by buffs using items such as potion/scroll do not count towards the BR calculation ????

Oh look it doesnt mention using wc, so we can use that and sit in a dungeon... yea, I think wc is called a buff, and therefore shouldnt count towards your total, besides im sure I have seen it mentioned that wc doesnt count, just not sure in which post.
    Players did not know what would happen when they buffed so they took the risk with spending the pots/scrolls/wc and it looks like it may have worked for them. I just dont see why other players are calling them cheaters when they didnt cheat.

Leave a comment:

• R27391871
    replied
    I run a legal firm if anyone needs a lawyer lol

Leave a comment:

• boggieswag
    replied
    Originally posted by TWall View Post
    And what authority is that? Do mods have authority to set rules that are not reflected anywhere else (either ingame or in official R2 posts)? So are players now charged with reading all mod comments within a thread (and not just that, but also reading all player comments within a thread and checking to see if they have been edited by mods or even former mods) to learn what the rules for the game are? Is that really the expectation?
    No that cant be the case, as then Mods would be seen as an extension of the company in a legal sense, and then the behaviors, actions, misrepresentations, etc would then be seen and could be deemed as an extension of the company and thus, liability increases.... I don't think R2 could afford that type of insurance, nor would any company take on such a risk, nor would the company open themselves up to that kind of liability..

Leave a comment:

• R27391871
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TWall
    replied
    Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
    At that time they (Greenfireflygirl) was a mod. So that post had and still has value and said player/mod had every authority to say that.

Leave a comment:

• Irashia
    replied
    Bunch of crybabies, sheesh. Play your own game and quit worrying about what other people do.

Leave a comment:

• boggieswag
    replied
    When its clearly stated that WC doesn't count I dont think it needs explaining and all that attempted and possibly manages to skirt the rules and gain the rewards are in effect trying to exploit a flaw, and as such with terms and conditions also clearly available to all, its states that its deemed as cheating. So I think if, and im assuming you did, use wc and park in a dungeon, I hope you and all other lose the reward and are given the appropriate reward.
    First, from what I have see thus far, no it was not clearly stated by any DEV or Game Master in writing that WC would not be counted. Second, if there is written evidence, then it is AGAIN R2's responsibility to make sure they have filters in place.. otherwise, they should never have put that in writing.. as they cant expect all players on all servers to cease and desist playing at whatever time this was supposed to have bee tabulated. That's nuts... and so AGAIN BLAMING PLAYERS FOR A FLAWED SYSTEM THE COMPANY and ITS AFFILIATES HAD AMPLE TIME TO RECTIFY (isnt this the SECOND HoF...LOL), but CHOSE NOT TO, is wrong and LYNCH MOB MENTALITY.

Now to your obvious, but unwarranted attack, I did not use WC as my 56K BR would not have counted for anything, but I don't have to be a recipient to see the flaw in your argument, so whereas you wish me, what is it again, that I loose the reward, I'd b happy to get it and that WOULD be a very big flaw... passes you some Koolaid as well.
    Last edited by boggieswag; 11-28-2014, 03:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TWall
    replied
    That post was from R2_Helen, she post most the updates and therefore is recognized as a mod, ok doesn't say moderator on her profile but I think we all know better.
    Yup, and that post and those rules don't mention warriors call. It talks about buff using items such as potion/scroll. Warriors call is not even an item. It also worked in last HoF. Had Helen's post said no warrior's call, wouldn't be making the point I'm making.

Leave a comment:

• R272123321
    replied
    When its clearly stated that WC doesn't count I dont think it needs explaining and all that attempted and possibly manages to skirt the rules and gain the rewards are in effect trying to exploit a flaw, and as such with terms and conditions also clearly available to all, its states that its deemed as cheating. So I think if, and im assuming you did, use wc and park in a dungeon, I hope you and all other lose the reward and are given the appropriate reward.
    Warriors call was not mentioned in the original HoF post. Pots and scrolls were mentioned and it stated that they would not count so no harm done if a player used them.

Leave a comment:

• R27391871
    replied
    Originally posted by boggieswag View Post
    And using WC is not abusing a flaw, as WC is offered in the game to be USED in the game... so your argument, which is solely based on emotions, fails again. It is very obvious, you are mad that you did not air on the side of caution and use WC... but what I don't get is why put yourself on a pedestal (alleged honest player, alleged non cheater who is allegedly respectful)... because you put your faith in a known flawed system... aka the lynch mob mentality.

Just admit you are mad because the system failed. You are no better than any other player - you choose to not air on the side of caution, they choose too... step down from the pedestal... but if you choose to stay there at least direct your anger where it belongs...

Leave a comment:

• R272123321
    replied
    Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    Lol a glitch is not a hack, a glitch is abusing a flaw in program, so yes, glitch applies

and jus FYI I logged off no astral changes at 316k, so if I had cheated and used WC I would have hit 350k, but I respect my fellow gamers and won't cheat them
    Buffing is not a glitch and no player had information that buffs would work for HoF. You could have easily buffed for HoF and for some reason feel the need to try ad bring down other players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X