New IoB Packs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KidSess View Post
    Bare in mind that this idea of mass alt are in ALL games that are either hacked or run with bots which most are free to play. The problem is that, how to stop this without hurting massively the players? there isn't a way. Making all things bound will only drive the game to an end and there will be no "trade" income. Thus, resulting in cashing to have fun or nothing at all. That is honestly not a passive idea for the view of other players who cannot afford to spend a lot of money in the game, which is the majority of the population.

edit: merge thread please, i thought i had multiple quote selected.
    i know all too well they are in all games.... so the million dollar question is,just how to fix this problem,u can't blame R2,since they are trying to stop the botters from even greater monopilizing on their games income... this is a different case than the BB gmut bound situ that caused an outrage among players,all i can say is i'm glad i used IoB properly and catapulted past ever needing EW's,i'm sry for the ones who tried but didn't,i'm not really sry for the ones who tried to just hoard and sell,that turn around and say but but but... cuz even then they complain about it being bound cuz everyone knows bound stuff can't be sold... So all in all theres really no solution,however the scion+ idea wasn't a bad idea,its just a matter of time b4 the bots become scions aswell,and what of new servers... they don't even need that stuff anyways... yet

Comment

• filtering out MallMMO was a good idea to start with imo but the change in packs was a disaster. Like some others i really never cared about wings and was helping guildies with them and trading em off for other things that i need for an upgrade. And yes changing the level cap would be another issue since most bothered to make em high enough to barely get into iob already. Scion would be way too much investment of time and more rage fits. i even doubt if most alts that people use get to any good level once they hit the lvl 45 cap(most does not imply all) So how r2 manages the bots would be a really interesting thing to keep following up. But really please change it back if that can ever be possible.

PS : i think one of my posts was deleted :P
      Last edited by point_man; 03-30-2014, 05:10 AM.
      Dont mind the questions ; my curiosity needs feeding

Character : zq_Deathstab
      Server : S33

Comment

• IMO, making things bound is fine, but the amount of those bound items need to be multiplied by AT LEAST 10, starting NOW, does the GM even know that we need thousands or ten thousands of certain items to max it ? even assuming that you can get for example 10 bounds ewings per day, you'll still need a minimum of 1k days to max it.

Basically what I'm seeing here is, they want to fix the problem of mallmmo, and any kind of RMT , but they're giving some nasty super retarded very low amount of those bound items, what's the deal ? You guys aren't even giving 0,1 % for free, maybe only 0,01 % for free, per week.. Just look at all these new features, without cashing, there's no way we can catch up to those, and it's not some light amount of cashing either, if any of you think that spending 1-5 k dollars per month is considered light cashing, then i really have nothing to say. I keep seeing some people saying that r2games prices are cheap, most likely those are trolls and spammers though.

Comment

• Beforehand, I apologize for the length of this post. I've never posted on the forums before (due to not being outraged or felt the need to speak up until now)

So here's my two cents on the matter:

I am a member of the R2 Server based on Newgrounds, not on the main R2 site. This already puts us at a disadvantage, for many different reasons. Our server has been up and running since February of 2013 and is still basically in it's infancy overall. I want to comment on how this change affects our server by explaining where we all sit at.

1) Our strongest and most progressed players of the game have, at maximum, Demon Lord Wings +3. As of current I believe there are only 5 players who actually have those wings in general. Many of us are getting close, but only 5 have hit it so far.

2) Nobody on our server (that I'm aware of) has maxed both their attack and defense sperions. They have either maxed one or the other, but not both.

3) There is 1 person on our server who has a Kilin mount, 1 other is on the Guilded Battle Stallion, 4 or 5 have attained Hellwing, and everyone else is below that.

4) There is only 1 person that I know of who has a Fused Fragarach. There is also only 1 person who has a Fused Mount.

As you can see, we have a very limited number of people who have attained any type of strength at all. It takes 3 of the strongest people we have on the server together (priest, mage, and ranger) to be able to complete Evil Beast Sanctuary, and they've never been successful to make a single piece of equipment yet. Our server is having a hard time upgrading and progressing as is, and with the new changes, it's pretty much put all those upgrades at a stand still.

Daily I come on and see another of the strong players or more progressed players have stopped playing entirely. Approximately 1/2 of the players on our top 20 list are either inactive in playing, or have quit altogether.

The change in IoB packs hasn't sparked people to pvp more than it was before in IoB (for trying to gain a higher pack) and it's simply making it that much harder to get any progress in the game. The tokens seem to be the only thing driving anyone forward anymore, and without a constant invaders event, that's just not possible.

Again, I apologize for the length, but I feel as though it's necessary to explain our situation before the entire server comes down to 3-4 people playing or just stops entirely. Thank you for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by point_man View Post
            PS : i think one of my posts was deleted :P
            Yes one of your posts was deleted. You should think about how it is probably not a great idea to encourage people to use an outside service and break the TOS be doing so. We understand the frustration. We want to help get this fixed in some way. But that does not make soliciting for an illegal site acceptable under any circumstances. And further posts promoting the use of mallmmo or ANY other external site for buying gold/items/etc, will be deleted and the account banned from the forums without notice.

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Comment

• Hi, just want to say Crystal Saga has been kept alive not only by cashers but also by non-cashers, each player plays a big roll in why CS is still alive today (keeping this light and on point). R2 had often asked us "the players" what can be done to make better gaming experience for everyone. We responded, asking for new quest/dungeons, outfits, mounts, equipment and over time R2 responseded and gave us mostly anything reasonable and for that I cant say "thank you" enough.

But based on the votes on this thread, we "the players" who played a big part in keeping Crystal Saga going. We want our IOB packs switched to how it was for the better of the gaming community. And on top of that we also want an apology for changing packs without fair warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by PurifiedEvil View Post
                Hi, just want to say Crystal Saga has been kept alive not only by cashers but also by non-cashers, each player plays a big roll in why CS is still alive today (keeping this light and on point). R2 had often asked us "the players" what can be done to make better gaming experience for everyone. We responded, asking for new quest/dungeons, outfits, mounts, equipment and over time R2 responseded and gave us mostly anything reasonable and for that I cant say "thank you" enough.

But based on the votes on this thread, we "the players" who played a big part in keeping Crystal Saga going. We want our IOB packs switched to how it was for the better of the gaming c
                ommunity. And on top of that we also want an apology for changing packs without fair warning.
                the change wasn't done the screw over the players... it was done so the bots tryna sell illegally was screwed over.... that in mind a solution other than this presented is next to impossible to think of... like i said in another post the million dollar question is how to fix IOB so the botters don't get free unbound items to sell on the site and make the players happy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aionyx View Post
                  the change wasn't done the screw over the players... it was done so the bots tryna sell illegally was screwed over.... that in mind a solution other than this presented is next to impossible to think of... like i said in another post the million dollar question is how to fix IOB so the botters don't get free unbound items to sell on the site and make the players happy?
                  How about doing what other games do and crack down on the banning of Gold Sellers...instead of changing things to bound in game which screw over the players. Getting 5 purple packs a day or none in the case of S36) with bound EW is going to do nothing for wings and if you were still on Angel Lord or Demon Lords and could only do 1 click a day then you'd be ******. Every one has different reasons for not being finished their wings, some it may be that they've been selling the EW instead of using them but they may need the money more, others it may be greed but that's their choice. There are people who can't make it to IoB for whatever reason who relied on these people selling the EW in order to work on their wings and now that can't be done, there are new people joining the game who are going to get to needing EW's really quickly who are never going to see Demon Lord wings. There are newer servers where people haven't had the chance to get to Divine Wings yet and now more than likely won't unless they cash a bunch.
                  (S36)Auroria
                  160+ Eidolon Knight
                  Apocolypse Co-leader
                  (S36)JustinMazing's Wife <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Auroria View Post
                    How about doing what other games do and crack down on the banning of Gold Sellers...instead of changing things to bound in game which screw over the players. Getting 5 purple packs a day or none in the case of S36) with bound EW is going to do nothing for wings and if you were still on Angel Lord or Demon Lords and could only do 1 click a day then you'd be ******. Every one has different reasons for not being finished their wings, some it may be that they've been selling the EW instead of using them but they may need the money more, others it may be greed but that's their choice. There are people who can't make it to IoB for whatever reason who relied on these people selling the EW in order to work on their wings and now that can't be done, there are new people joining the game who are going to get to needing EW's really quickly who are never going to see Demon Lord wings. There are newer servers where people haven't had the chance to get to Divine Wings yet and now more than likely won't unless they cash a bunch.
                    all that is true,but there was a time where there was no IoB and even i as slowly as it was,got Demon Lord wings,even then i woulda took bound ews :P but besides that,i imagine its rather more complex then just banning,its like a **** ant nest u stomp some but more come... its next to impossible to stop them,and most other games are the same they ain't banned their gold sellers

Comment

• Originally posted by Auroria View Post
                      I agree I have to say that i am not against the Bound packs an understand why R2 did what they did, I think the information should have been announced in a system message to all servers before the maintenance happened I think players would still be upset but not shocked. I think R2 forget about their players and forget that this game is still around. With this being said most of us that were able to upgrade our wings was because of IOB and some cashed the whole way, So understanding the frustration of the players I think R2 should think about it instead of penalizing all players get a program or something to be able to stop the Botts, For others players who did not upgrade just because they rather have gotten money then lesson learned! :P
                      *Shortee1119
                      Soul Of Ruins
                      Married to: Azurastrike
                      "*Life is too short to live with Regrets*"
                      (S42)Tinosia Delta

Comment

• Originally posted by shortee1119 View Post
                        So understanding the frustration of the players I think R2 should think about it instead of penalizing all players get a program or something to be able to stop the Botts :P
                        If it was as easy as using some program to catch and remove bots , it would have been done years ago.
                        The program the bots use basically copies a players actions in game so any program looking for a bot only sees normal player activity , it would require a full team of staff to even begin to get a handle on the amount of bots and honestly it wouldn't help very much in the long run.

Comment

• unbound the old packs they shouldnt of bound an item you already had
                          new packs can stay bound i think, and just put FRC back pls

Comment

• MisterCuddles, unfortunately, R2 is not even able to ban and delete bots even if they have ss and videos of their actions... Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRaspberry View Post
                              MisterCuddles, unfortunately, R2 is not even able to ban and delete bots even if they have ss and videos of their actions... Just saying.
                              Sure they can ban them , they have before many many times , only problem is it's completely pointless when the bot will be replaced within 24 hours by another bot.
                              Anyways there are enough threads about the bots , This thread is about the iob packs so lets stay on topic.
                              The issue players have with the change to previously collected packs has been forwarded to Dev's , we can only wait and hope they will reconsider at least a temporary rollback to give players a chance to open and move items around as they need to.

Comment

• Im kinda over it now. More bothered by the fact someone randomly appeared in the rankings of s69 from nowhere at rank 2.
                                Rae

Bellas Chasm

Gimblewart

Necropolis & Amethyst Forest

peanuts

Dark Forest

Sup?

Comment

Working...
                                X