Priest should change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by berndesu View Post
    it isnt even giving damage reduction, all it does is converts our attack into hp, i dont know the conversion % but in most situations it cost more hp than it gives~
    ~"~ i already replied to your question about death cometh
    and for that video, thats against a holy/hybrid, mind making a video of you against a blood priest? ah..doubt theres any there, cuz our scion skill doesn't work properly and if we use it, it helps others kill us quicker.
    Just ...Kyu

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
      there was a previous statement here about the bloodfog totem that cloaks priests. i believe it works very well as i PVP'd a lv 60+ priest with it an it totally messed up my skills since that takes away your target, you can't aoe a target auto atk if you have none. even for a second or two in most battles thats all you need to gain a distinct advantage. cause me to have to retarget an redo my aoe's by hand, which low level fire mage aoe's are super fast, can't always be aiming those suckers. imagine aiming in tamalan arena 24/7. thats our firwave. then i can see the same thing happening w my main mage.fighting then while i'm doing direct atks they pop one of those out an throw off my game for just long enough for me to mess up a aoe an curse me 10 ways from sunday. an the rings of death nerf defenses an atk already , so once those are landed mage really has no chance, since their main deal is atk, low defense, lower someones already low defense an the target is easily taken out. if its brought up again- well some mages have higher def then you. fine kk, thats exactly my point as well here too, there are 3 sides to a coin. front back an edge. an we all know when we flip a coin it doesn't land on the same side all the time
      A Mage who's not too much ahead of me (just has one Gen higher Pixie & 5 levels higher Hellwing) but otherwise about on par could 2 hit me outside seng with Meteor & Flame Explosion.. There I didn't try anything, I just wanted to see if he actually can do it. So I still think that those are fair requests. And second of all if i'm not wrong Mages gets the 2nd/3rd best defences from Slayer Set. Lastly okay i'ma try to find a cheap SoT and show how the things will go with Bloodfog Totem if you fight someone who has attack speed of ~160%.

Originally posted by berndesu View Post
      and for that video, thats against a holy/hybrid, mind making a video of you against a blood priest? ah..doubt theres any there, cuz our scion skill doesn't work properly and if we use it, it helps others kill us quicker.
      http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ll-Death-Comet

Bern I tried...
      Last edited by venomeh; 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM.
      Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

• Originally posted by berndesu View Post
        you don't have to be blood priest to get blood priest rebirth skill, i'm mostly fire mage w meteor and valley of death. i've fought many blood an hybrid priests. same thing happens, as i said, i've been fighting priests an playing priests for almost a yr now.
        Originally posted by venomeh View Post
        A Mage who's not too much ahead of me (just has one Gen higher Pixie & 5 levels higher Hellwing) but otherwise about on par could 2 hit me outside seng with Meteor & Flame Explosion.. There I didn't try anything, I just wanted to see if he actually can do it. So I still think that those are fair requests. And second of all if i'm not wrong Mages gets the 2nd/3rd best defences from Slayer Set. Lastly okay i'ma try to find a cheap SoT and show how the things will go with Bloodfog Totem if you fight someone who has attack speed of ~160%.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ll-Death-Comet

Bern I tried...
        thats the point i was trying to make. not all of us are built the same way or fight the same way. and even if we are built the same way, we don't fight the same way, or use skills at same time. all depends on who has slightly more upgrades then the other person(to atleast give them the stat advantage), the rest is how well the person plays. there isn't going to be any changes that R2 can make which will let you permanently be top dog is what i'm saying. what if that mage then cashes or something even more to beat you if they give just your class these boosts. are we gonna see more threads like this saying its unfair to you because how much money they spent or time getting that way, or amount of battles and deaths it took for them to learn not to let you make a move an be pro?? my guess is probably. since we see these threads all the time. just because mages get good defense from one set of equipment doesn't mean that on the way to slayer we had that defense. most of our defense comes from soul. or icicle armor an frost shield. rly.
        i've said it before and i'll say it again. none of us can properly judge here who has a actual advantage thats more then the advantages an disadvantages programmed into each class in these situations. none of us have shell lvl 100 scions with no soul. you can't compare someones soul completion to another persons an know exactly how things will turn out even if they invested into similar things, like , what if numbness kicks in.or forgiveness.
        r2 gave us the skills, how we use them and when is up to us.
        --
        to the death cometh thing. if your regen'ing the equiv of that amount. then yes its working. i don't see how thats not. thats the same as drive buff in a way-dmg is done an you regen a % of dmg dealt. in effect dmg reduc. or is that not what healing a wound is?reducing dmg dealt to you-recovering.=priests are recovery agents mostly. knights get dmg reduc skills that reduc in physical ways not magical

seng video up. in this you will see a few ppl who are slightly stronger then me of each class just one shotting me. each class can be OP. but thats up to us mostly.
        Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
          you don't have to be blood priest to get blood priest rebirth skill, i'm mostly fire mage w meteor and valley of death. i've fought many blood an hybrid priests. same thing happens, as i said, i've been fighting priests an playing priests for almost a yr now.
          thats the point i was trying to make. not all of us are built the same way or fight the same way. and even if we are built the same way, we don't fight the same way, or use skills at same time. all depends on who has slightly more upgrades then the other person(to atleast give them the stat advantage), the rest is how well the person plays. there isn't going to be any changes that R2 can make which will let you permanently be top dog is what i'm saying. what if that mage then cashes or something even more to beat you if they give just your class these boosts. are we gonna see more threads like this saying its unfair to you because how much money they spent or time getting that way, or amount of battles and deaths it took for them to learn not to let you make a move an be pro?? my guess is probably. since we see these threads all the time. just because mages get good defense from one set of equipment doesn't mean that on the way to slayer we had that defense. most of our defense comes from soul. or icicle armor an frost shield. rly.
          i've said it before and i'll say it again. none of us can properly judge here who has a actual advantage thats more then the advantages an disadvantages programmed into each class in these situations. none of us have shell lvl 100 scions with no soul. you can't compare someones soul completion to another persons an know exactly how things will turn out even if they invested into similar things, like , what if numbness kicks in.or forgiveness.
          r2 gave us the skills, how we use them and when is up to us.
          I'm not asking to be permanently the top dog I just wanna be Priests to be ON PAR WITH OTHER CLASSES like I've said countless times.. And from what I've seen other Priests on this topic are thinking in the same way.. Also I don't mind cashers too much, it's their money and they are free to spend it wherever they want.
          Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

• Originally posted by Zatemo View Post
            Seeing as you (shadow) say that r2 might not be able to copy the skills of the other versions here's some ideas to how the skills could be changed:
            1: Lower grace cast time to maybe 2 secs, lower the healing to compensate for cast time reduction (and also for next effect), then add in HP regen buff and/or damage reduction buff

2: Possibly make Life drain have and added effect of HP DoT (like lvl 1 does 1% HP every sec for duration of the actual draining of HP debuff which is 3sec, I've tested)

3: Imp.Holy light to be %HP regen, or Holy light and Imp. holy light to depend on Heal stat (not has to be as high as light heal %, maybe for light heal to be 10% of heal stat, Imp.holy light to be 30% of heal stat + like 20 to 25 or so, i.e. 0.1 x heal, and 0.3 x heal + 20 to 25, these are for lvl 1 of the skills btw)

4: probably make demon's grasp to damage and buff the user which makes it so that when the target is hit, they are stunned for 1 or 2 secs each time (of course, the duration of the buff would be like maybe 1 more than half of how long the original skill lasted for). Yes sound OP and you're probably going to say, what if more than one person attacks the target. SOLUTION: if the buff causes the stun (which is a debuff on target), it wouldn't matter since the buff has a time limit and it'd be the same as any other class that stuns while having people gang up on you pretty much, knights stun for 3.5 sec and gets attack increased, rogue stun for 4 sec and do pretty high damage. And also, if it was 1 sec stun, there would still be a chance for the target to not get stunned if the user uses light beam, heal, or something with cast time (assuming no curses on them), thus not necessarily stunning for the full duration of the buff. Fellow priests may say that knights could remove this buff, and also the factor of the void soul skill that removes debuffs upon being hit (on chance) would make this unfair compared to other classes' stuns, but if one has cursed them before hand, the chances of knights removing your buff before they're stunned is small, unless they have the void soul skill. But then you're likely to be able to fit in another stun or just cut them off with an already cast curse and/or blood beam. I am aware this would mean that priest would be able to AoE stun due to curses and blood pact, but considering lag as well as the skill of the player, hardly many would be able to make it exactly so that the curses strikes once per sec of buff and to add in blood beam after the 3 curse strikes, thus making it unlikely for someone to stun for the full duration of the buff. Also, considering other classes have instant stuns, it's likely that they could stun the user before they can apply the effects of the buff.
            An alternative change for grace could be that grace cast time is reduced and causes both the targets (i.e. AoE around user or around target; or can be single, though it'll only be good for 1v1) and user to be unable to debuff nor attack (and this debuff cannot be removed until it runs out), and can only buff and of the skill heals the user as well.
            Server: Windshear Peaks
            Character: (s6)xXZekeXx
            Class: Hybrid Priest

Comment

• yeay... death comenth is fixed now !!

Comment

• So what changed about it, all ppl say is 'its fixed'

Comment

• Okay I'm Not gonna be a whinner like most the post i have seen in this thread. I have stated in other threads about plausible solutions only to go ignored and unsupported. So lkare some solutions, I feel that if applied, will not make priest a broken class, and will actually give us a fighting chance.

1. Skills like blood pact = They say percentage based, but for some reason are capped numerically.

You only see that and it haunts you every day if you are actually a priest. I say this cap should be removed and the priest, allowed it's percentage based DOT, if Nepethor can do it why cant we. I pick on this fact cause the last time I looked Rangers can heal for 90 percent with no cap.

2. Insane casting and cool down times. Seriously we get 4 actual attack skills in full blood, and 3 if you go hybrid or pure holy. I'm fine with that, but the down time between them normally is what kills use all. Literally I am forced to used curses in dungeons, I say this cause that's the main source of damage. The heal skills take so long to cast and use, i have no time for timing out some lagged out attack skills. Heck Blood pact is 12 sec cool down, with what i think is a 6 or 8 sec cool down, also got a 1 sec cast time on light beam. There is some serious issues in this area that I feel haven't been fully examined.

3. Gears!!!

I however Feel that Making us choose between Dodge/matk or Str/Def is a bit lame. Could you just please make one set that gives us all the stuff we need, I mean no other class really has this issue. But once again the priest has been forced to make very tough choice, Do i want a lousy doge but it ups my Healing or Would I care for some real defense and get nothing else? I have no problems with choice's I love them, but How about some fair choices Please.

This argument is a bit lengthy and I have probably lost most of your attention by now. But I beg you, to re-read this thread or send me a message if you would like further explanations, Give all of what I had to say some serious consideration. None of these tweaks will break the game or give any players a major benefit. All this is asking for is increased serviceability which should already be there seeing as all the other classes that pretty much focus on dealing damage can kill everything in one hit upon reaching their apex. I feel that we should take a licking and keep on Ticking.

Server: Kraken Beach
                  Class: Priest
                  IGN: Damian
                  Server: Mount Kraken (S33/S36)
                  IGN: Damian
                  Class: Priest
                  Drink of Choice: Bella Bolle's Sweet Red, chilled

Comment

• I'm curious about Goddess' Embrace...
                    The description says "Purges negative status ailments from party members around the caster. Gives temporary immunity to debuffs". If it gives immunity, how come we can still get debuffed (when GE is still on) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bell3 View Post
                      Any Class
                      Get silenced=you die
                      Get stunned=you die
                      Get pulled=you die
                      If you want good pvp DONT play this game it's 100% unbalanced, no-one should ever be able to 1-2 shot someone with the exact same gear at max level.
                      The problem isnt with any class's defense, its the simple fact that every single class in the game can 1-2 shot other level 100's. It simply isnt possible to heal through 100k+ crits when everyone who actually has a geared char has 50%-90% crit in seng, and every class excluding priests can spam 6 skills in the span of 3 seconds because there isnt a proper global cooldown to ensure that this isnt possible.

This version of the game is scaled way down from the CN version(Demon lord wings give 18k+ attack on CN version and mounts give 100%+ boosts), so they EN version did slightly try to make the game more balanced. It didnt work though, every class in the game scales up to ridiculous levels if you put true effort into your character; even if you dont spend the insane ammounts of cash some people do.
                      Rouges- Have a 5 second stun, 40-70% crit easily, and can get 150%-170% attack speed at lvl 100 with pvp gear, can re-stealth in combat, spammable skills
                      Rangers- Get a silence, Strong Shot crits 150k-200k+, spammable skills
                      Mages- Meteor hits 100k+ and stuns(just why r2?), AOE's hit 100k+, and a plethora of other lovely spamable skills
                      Knights- Have a pull that has a range of 450 maxed, get a stun, get a skill that can immobalize the target, have 40-70% dmg reduc, spammable skills
                      Priests- LB hits 100k+ on crit, Healing(useless in pvp)
                      All classes- get 50%+ crit in sengolia if you put real effort into your character, no class can live past a 3+ second stun

~Posted on wrong account~
                      Lvl 100 scion priest with full purp +11 some +13, +13 orange wep, hellwing lvl 11, angel lord +4, 770+ soul, non-casher
                      I've been playing since the games initial release, and am sad to say that i only log on to do ladder and bath my alts so i can make 5 SS the next day.

I really focus on mage class so i wont comment on other classes but i do know mages can not spam 6 skills in 3s even if that was some way possible all those skills would be weak and come with cooldown so it would make no sense, I've fought priests that have same eq as me so i must admit i win 90% of the time if I'm not playing around but priests are for support that's a class definition in every game and you can't take mages stun it is what "helps" to level out with the other classes if it was for stun mages lv80s+ would loose every battle they go into as for priests you cant complain as i said priest is a support class and your trying to make it into a top dps class, priests can easily solo dungeons other classes can't because of there massive healing and don't complain about def because mages, rogues and even rangers also have low def and mages nor rogues don't have any healing skills so can't do many dungeons priests can't so we only have dps. When priest start having high dps won't that be unfair for you to have dungeons and pvp.
                      Name: (S1)GeoStigma
                      Class: Hybrid Mage
                      Honor: Emperor
                      Plane: Eidolon
                      Level: Unknown
                      Guild: Noypi

Waiting for you and waiting your love...
                      But you never came to me
                      And I am still waiting until my death...
                      But you hate me...
                      So I shall kill you..
                      And make you suffer...

Kill me..
                      Kiss me..
                      Bury me..
                      But..
                      Just look at me....

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoStig View Post
                        I really focus on mage class so i wont comment on other classes but i do know mages can not spam 6 skills in 3s even if that was some way possible all those skills would be weak and come with cooldown so it would make no sense, I've fought priests that have same eq as me so i must admit i win 90% of the time if I'm not playing around but priests are for support that's a class definition in every game and you can't take mages stun it is what "helps" to level out with the other classes if it was for stun mages lv80s+ would loose every battle they go into as for priests you cant complain as i said priest is a support class and your trying to make it into a top dps class, priests can easily solo dungeons other classes can't because of there massive healing and don't complain about def because mages, rogues and even rangers also have low def and mages nor rogues don't have any healing skills so can't do many dungeons priests can't so we only have dps. When priest start having high dps won't that be unfair for you to have dungeons and pvp.
                        If only for support, then why holylights are epicly messed up? Why do we then have Blood tree? We haven't been asking priest to be top dps class... yeah it's true we can solo dungeons earlier than others, but later you'll be able to do that as well and 2x faster than us. Why shouldn't we mention that we have 2nd lowest deffs with Slayer Set while still having low damage output, if nothing will/can be done to our skills couldn't defence readjusting be an option to balance the class a bit? How would it be unfair if some improvements to the class would be made?
                        Stalkers OP.

Comment

• on our server, Phychodelica... top players are mostly priest...

Comment

• Originally posted by KingofTroll View Post
                            on our server, Phychodelica... top players are mostly priest...
                            You sir are a bad troll.
                            Stalkers OP.

Comment

• Meh ican start a thread about how retribuition knights are underpowered and all. But honestly, really. Any character, any class, would kick *** with cash/time/effort put into it. You've seen priests out DPS rouges, rouges out DPS priests, tank outdps rouge? Mage out dps rouge? even ranger. It just depends on your gear, and cash you spend in your character. Ofc, if 2 people, with the same gear and same soul, I think Knights or rouge would come out as stronger. Just because rouge can just stealth and sneak up on mage/priest/ranger and kill them before stuns run out. Tanks because that overpowered dragonhook, IMO all tanks should max out. Hook, stun, spam skills and shockblade. =Dead anyone but tanks with higher pdef than myself.
                              Last edited by 123asd1; 08-08-2012, 11:55 PM.
                              IGN:Uncle_HoChiMinh
                              Level: decently high
                              BR: decently high
                              Class:rogue
                              Server:1

Comment

• people people the game is like this there r weak charectrs against strong ones each class have advantage over other classs may be some more then others

Comment

Working...
                                X