Debating returning to EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
    No, I still don't understand. Please explain this thoroughly. No, I'm not trolling, I just don't really follow what you are saying.
    Take two six-sided dice (think Monopoly dice). A result of 6 or 7 is considered average thus no change. If you roll a result of 2, it has a major negative impact on the damage you deal, a 12 is a major positive. This is how Ruthlessness works. Normal float damage is roughly 10% criticals not included, Ruthlessness increases the range of results before critical damage is applied. Assume your average damage is 1 million, normal float would have a range of 900k to 1.1 million. Ruthlessness at 70% expands this further to a range of 200k to 1.8 million damage before criticals are taken into account. Since a critical is a multiplier, you could conceivably do much less or a lot more depending on the result. That is why SpeeDHunter suggests to use a lower level Ruth astral with EWD as your base damage is increased, the lower level Ruth astral provides a larger range of results but too large a variety often hurts... If I understood correctly
    IGN: TreeTopper
    Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
    Guild: ESKReborn
    Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
    Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by DanteMugetsu View Post
      can u give an example to explain it a bit further, because i just woke up and i try to see what you mean but i fail miserably?
      I'll give example numbers, my avg damage is 600k and using 75% ruthlessness.
      With crit+L10 determination:
      - max is = 600 x 2 x 1.75 = 2.1M damage
      - min is = 600 x 2 x 1/75 = 16k damage
      With L10 wd:
      - max is = 600 x (1.5+ .75) = 1.35M damage
      - min is = 600 x (1.5 - .75) = 450k damage

At least that's my approximation, unless someone can give better approach.
      [morfinnor]
      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by ATreeTopper View Post
        Take two six-sided dice (think Monopoly dice). A result of 6 or 7 is considered average thus no change. If you roll a result of 2, it has a major negative impact on the damage you deal, a 12 is a major positive. This is how Ruthlessness works. Normal float damage is roughly 10% criticals not included, Ruthlessness increases the range of results before critical damage is applied. Assume your average damage is 1 million, normal float would have a range of 900k to 1.1 million. Ruthlessness at 70% expands this further to a range of 200k to 1.8 million damage before criticals are taken into account. Since a critical is a multiplier, you could conceivably do much less or a lot more depending on the result. That is why SpeeDHunter suggests to use a lower level Ruth astral with EWD as your base damage is increased, the lower level Ruth astral provides a larger range of results but too large a variety often hurts... If I understood correctly
        Alright so this is the deal as I understand it that would explain Ruthlessness being seen as more favorable for EWD than Crit users, while still giving the exact same damage output over time.

Now:

EWD increases your damage with a set amount. Question is if this extra damage is treated as a separate packet or not.

If it is treated as a separate packet?

Normal damage 100k.

Float makes normal damage 90k-110k.

EWD makes this 140k-160k.

Ruthlessness level 10 makes it 20k-180k.

EWD makes it 70k-220k.

Now take the crit formula (Crit/Deter 10):

(This is assuming it always crits):

Damage is 200k.

Normal float makes this 180k-220k.

Level 10 Ruthlessness makes this 40k-360k.

Am I completely off base here???

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
          I'll give example numbers, my avg damage is 600k and using 75% ruthlessness.
          With crit+L10 determination:
          - max is = 600 x 2 x 1.75 = 2.1M damage
          - min is = 600 x 2 x 1/75 = 16k damage
          With L10 wd:
          - max is = 600 x (1.5+ .75) = 1.35M damage
          - min is = 600 x (1.5 - .75) = 450k damage

At least that's my approximation, unless someone can give better approach.
          unless you did a mistake in 16k damage, i can never believe u would do 16k in any situation with 600k base...something is off
          Originally posted by TheVictorious
          Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
          Originally posted by PunkPetal
          Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
          Originally posted by EdGrr
          A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
          IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
          Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
          Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
          Class: Mage
          Currect Br: 61????

Comment

unless you did a mistake in 16k damage, i can never believe u would do 16k in any situation with 600k base...something is off
            no its how the calculation is working
            its unlikely but its true
            i was using ruthlessness for a time on wb
            around level 5 or 6
            i did an 80k crit delphic with my herc
            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
            Class: Archer
            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
              no its how the calculation is working
              its unlikely but its true
              i was using ruthlessness for a time on wb
              around level 5 or 6
              i did an 80k crit delphic with my herc
              so if i get 45% ruthless, with ewd i will have almost the same result as being with crit (w/o ruthles) and i wont have to worry if opponent has guardian angel? only downside for mages is crit heals then? also wont use anymore crit gems?
              Originally posted by TheVictorious
              Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
              Originally posted by PunkPetal
              Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
              Originally posted by EdGrr
              A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
              IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
              Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
              Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
              Class: Mage
              Currect Br: 61????

Comment

The 1/75 value seems off. It should be 0.25. 1/75 < 0.25.

Comment

It is hard to believe, but yes I've hit 20k damage on hercules delphic. It's easier to see/test on atoll bosses.

so if i get 45% ruthless, with ewd i will have almost the same result as being with crit (w/o ruthles) and i wont have to worry if opponent has guardian angel? only downside for mages is crit heals then? also wont use anymore crit gems?
                  That's probably true, havent try that tho. I love my gold too much
                  [morfinnor]
                  Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Float damage seems to work as +10% to -10%, and Ruthlessness astral increases that value (70% Ruth making the range as +80% to -80% or 180% damage to as low as 20% before criticals). I stopped using Ruth astral not long after sylphs were released, as seeing my Gaia (now Eve) Delphic doing less damage than Short Circuit even with Unstable Voltage on a critical hit. Ruthlessness can be something of a way around the disabled crit hits from EWD, overall I find that a higher level Ruth would bring too many often low results, especially since in the case of WB, most finish with a delphic.

I think that EWD is applied before Ruthlessness, so the math is very messy. Base damage increased before the float value is applied. Or it seemed that way when I used the EWD/Ruth combination on my mage toon.
                    Last edited by ATreeTopper; 12-30-2014, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                      It is hard to believe, but yes I've hit 20k damage on hercules delphic.
                      That brings me back to my question, why would one use it, if that's the result.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post

because it can massively increase the damage as well
                        personally i dont like it
                        a few times i used it i hit the 500k mark in wb before the cashers did simply because i hit a 400k+ armour piercers
                        but that was like a few seconds of glory, overall my income dropped i think
                        its good for stuff like sky trail though, when you dont quite have enough power to beat it
                        a lucky round can give you that extra edge
                        it can turn a 400k delphic into an 80k delphic
                        or it can turn a 400k delphic into a 1m delphic

Comment

very few but a lucky string of positive hits can bring down ppl in bg you would not be able to beat. I also used it in spire once at lvl 7 float for a laugh and with herc and Vulcan I hit over 4.4 mill
                          Precision----S3 Worgs Lair

Precisia----
                          s371 Harmony

Comment

because it can massively increase the damage as well
                            personally i dont like it
                            a few times i used it i hit the 500k mark in wb before the cashers did simply because i hit a 400k+ armour piercers
                            but that was like a few seconds of glory, overall my income dropped i think
                            its good for stuff like sky trail though, when you dont quite have enough power to beat it
                            it can turn a 400k delphic into an 80k delphic
                            or it can turn a 400k delphic into a 1m delphic
                            The little use of it makes me even question more if the gold investment is worth it.
                            Eventually you'll pass that boss you want to beat anyway.

I hoped someone could give a good occasion to use it, but it seems its just some last resort astral for those with nothing left do spend gold on.

Comment

The little use of it makes me even question more if the gold investment is worth it.
                              Eventually you'll pass that boss you want to beat anyway.

I hoped someone could give a good occasion to use it, but it seems its just some last resort astral for those with nothing left do spend gold on.
                              ah well i didnt spend gold on it
                              had it in reserve, got an extra deflection astral
                              decided to try it out

Comment

personally i dont like it..
                                but that was like a few seconds of glory, overall my income dropped i think...
                                In agreement with these statements about Ruthlessness in general. For WB I felt my overall income dropped drastically when my other astrals became better quality and higher level (specifically Pristine to Holy Sniper Edge and base Determination to Pristine Determination) while using Ruthlessness. I find it is too unpredictable an astral, but EWD might reduce the negative effects enough to be worth it for non-Archers. Most of the EWD users I know have changed over to a Crit build when they were tough enough bastages to have less of a need to shore up defenses, usually as of lvl 60 and up.

Comment

Working...
                                X