death of the knight class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
    lol they nerfed block heals for a reason, people in china would be healing of upwards of 50k per block, nothing would get done
    Yet i wonder whats the damage already over there. You state it as if knights were using moderm warfare while others remained at stone age. If a knight gets "50k block heal", dont even want to know about an equal par-ed archer sylph crit...

Anything that is fixed "in numbers" is dead in long run. Anyone can block, just use gems, which eveone can, and you ll see it. The only diference is the 3k heal, which gets smaller and smaller as more attack and new stuff is added to the game. Since its passive it's still ok, definetely not as awful as reflect damage, which even requires to cast it, and lasts 10 hits? seriously? Definetely not the reflect that bosses got for sure (even the low level crappy mobs got a better reflect, the chaos shield looking mobs).

The idea of knights being tanks is getting more old fashion than anything. The only thing that remains competitive is the +20% pdef bonus, which of course is nice until everyone switches to magical damage... then you can kiss them goodnight with your "all mighty" mdef...

Maybe the should just add endless sylph rage so we can be sylphs all the time and forget about this class balance things.. (which i m sure they would love to... )
    " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.

Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
    Class : Knight
    Nick : Khine

Comment

• After playing since patch the only real difference I would prefer is if block heal worked in PvE, but as far as PvP goes it could be seen as OP. They made some good changes to knights, and some not so great, but eh don't feel weaker than before patch, just can't pick on noobs for some nice block healing in BG (yay for heal rune tho)

Comment

• so there is a passive for thrasher that allows us to slow?
        can someone please give more info as im not lvl 80 yet

Comment

• Originally posted by KINGQQQQ View Post
          so there is a passive for thrasher that allows us to slow?
          can someone please give more info as im not lvl 80 yet

Yep .

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post

Yep .
            does it apply on pvp or just pve?
            S371/Zetsuen.
            Honor: GDK
            KNIGHT ☣

Comment

• Originally posted by redav View Post
              same as archer's DF effect
              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
              IGN: Kimwong
              CLASS: Knight
              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

• Who said , kinghts are OP ? , because the director of lies determinated it was a lie !
                "Reading stupid posts is stupid , but answering is more stupid"

Comment

• Originally posted by redav View Post
                  Both.

I used it last CW, wasn't too bad, in one fight got 5 attacks in before the other guy did anything else lol (first he tried to EDD which is incredibly slow as is, then changed mind and went into awaken, then by the time he selected skill... etc)

Comment

• thanks a lot wraith
                    cant wait till i hit lvl 80

Comment

• This all makes me glad I decided to level Fate Resistance up before Brutal Edge. Some of this mess can be combated by dumping tons of whips into Armor and HP on your mount, but then that still leaves Strength suffering so PvE mobs that cut your damage by 95% and raise its own attack by 5 million percent if you don't kill it in ten seconds....

Final Fantasy XI has a free week of gameplay coming Sept 10-17. Maybe I'll go back to that game. At least it's just a flat $27.95 a month and you have to earn your strength instead of buying it. And yeah, I bought about $2500 to $3000 worth of strength in Wartune over the year I've been cashing. (started out a non-casher for the first several months)

Comment

• And as for stealing our future levels of holy seal at our current levels (thinking it would force us all to level) think again. Why should I level now? I'll just dig in harder and build defense until three rounds of holy seal just gives me a little coffee break and I pick up the fight again with the same or more HP than I had when I was first stunned. Build knight defense until MDEF matches PATK and you should be good. And then PDEF will be about 10k higher than PATK.

Comment

• i fought lots of mages , and not fair get them down to almost dead and they heal back to full health grr . cant win if they always healing full health unless you pet up
                          KNIGHTS RULE ...

Comment

• Originally posted by SirKILi View Post
                            i fought lots of mages , and not fair get them down to almost dead and they heal back to full health grr . cant win if they always healing full health unless you pet up
                            build up your chaos rune.

Comment

• Originally posted by acit77 View Post
                              build up your chaos rune.
                              + learn to intercept

Comment

• Inequality in terms of advantages and disadvantages is the main issue here I believe. While other classes seem to be improving as the updates come and go, I do feel knights are falling behind as less attention is being focused on them as a class. However, I admire all those that are willing to keep playing as a knight, despite these faults. Though I do wish R2 Games would consider making something that would significantly affect knights positively in order for them to catch up with the other classes. I personally believe they have missed out on a lot of things.
                                'The black flame which dances in the night breeze is my symbol of recognizition'

Comment

Working...
                                X