Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    If you have an honor level you can't keep, then you don't DESERVE to have that honor level.
    nobody deserves it?hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      nobody deserves it?hmmm
      Zeref, grow up and read what you actually highlighted.

I know you can't actually read and comprehend at the same time, so please feel free to just post any old **** as your reply. WHICH YOU WILL ANYWAY

Comment

Zeref, grow up and read what you actually highlighted.

I know you can't actually read and comprehend at the same time, so please feel free to just post any old **** as your reply. WHICH YOU WILL ANYWAY
        yah forgot vip 9 loses no honor so they deserve that title?only them?lol how stiupid

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
          yah forgot vip 9 loses no honor so they deserve that title?only them?lol how stiupid
          See your stupid reply has arrived.

IF YOU HAVE AN HONOR LEVEL YOU CAN'T KEEP translates in your world as NOBODY DESERVES IT.

In most other peoples world's it usually means that if your too underpowered for an honor level, then you don't deserve to keep it. Has that explained it any better for you, or do you actually need me to explain it like I would to a 2yr old child?
          Last edited by Billy_McF; 02-01-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT. The battlegrounds are the fairest I have ever seen them.

If you have an honor level you can't keep, then you don't DESERVE to have that honor level.

What do people expect when they stall their characters development JUST to gain LD honor level. You should have to put some effort into getting it, not just camp, and then even more effort to hold onto it.
            Have you had 30k br at 39? Have you had 50k br 49? Have you had 80k+ br at 59? Have you have 90k+ br at 64?
            We don't stall, we slow level. We don't pay as much as the big cashers and yet we're right behind them. Smartest move in the game.
            And we do as well put effort into doing it.
            Last edited by R250715925; 02-01-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R250715925 View Post
              Have you had 30k br at 39? Have you had 50k br 49? Have you had 80k+ br at 59? Have you have 90k+ br at 64?
              We don't stall, we slow level. We don't pay as much as the big cashers and yet we're right behind them. Smartest move in the game.
              And we do as well put effort into doing it.
              If you have the BR at each level as you suggest, then keeping your honor ranking will not be a problem.
              Also if you slow level as you have said then you are NOT stalling your development JUST to gain Lord Divine. Slow levelling has it's pro's and con's but that's a totally different topic

Comment

• I am still saying the BG is as good as it is now and it doesn't need any changeing. I can only repeat myself: either level slowly and miss out on some stuff but advance in the honor ranking and the overall stregth this way or cash ur BR up so u can keep up with the leveling, either way especially when put together works incredibly well.

Did anyone besides me notice that EpicFail posted, that he had been gone for 8 months. 8 MONTHS! What was he expecting in that time? That everyone would stand still and wait for him to return? Does he have any idea about the amount of gold people have put into astrals and daru into troops in the mean time? Ofc everyone he used to play with who stuck with the game is now stronger then he is. there were probably like 10+ mounts that came out in the mean time which everyone was able to get even if u r a free player. in these 8 months also a lot of things changed like the introduction of sylphs. Everyone had had more time to work on their sylphs, get free things for their sylphs etc then he did. I start to feel more that he is just upset that he is not that big shot anymore that he once were.
                server: Kabam s30
                IGN: Leighton
                Class: Archer
                Level: 80

Comment

• Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  I'm already thinking of how to optimize a character for that insane system.

Step 1, level to 80.
                  Step 2, farm PvE 30 armor. For god's sake, don't enchant it. Don't socket any gems either. Well, maybe Charisma.
                  Step 3, quit your guild. You definitely don't want to have any guild skills.
                  Step 4, equip these astrals:
                  Enhanced Will Destroyer, Enhanced Reflection, Aegis Major, Enhanced Illusion, Enhanced Guardian Angel, Refined Blessed Health. I know, that's only 6 astrals.
                  Step 5, reset your skills and make sure you don't add any passives that actually increase your stats.
                  Step 6, reset your sylph stats and add everything into Intelligence (or Strength) so your sylph adds as little as possible to your stats.

Oh and curse the day you ever bought yourself a mount...
                  After all that, you just cut your stats to what 1/5th, 1/8th that they were? You think a level 35 with your fate and soal cannot be removed, your acadamy reserch still must be considered. I could foresee you fighting the average newb in level 30 or 35 set and probably level 40-45, gemmed up with to maybe a few 5's, Their guild tower skills might be up there in the 5-6level if thier guild has given them any good advice. His stats are likely 2 times yours likely though. If the player knows what hes doing by than I think hes got atleast a fair chance.
                  On the flip side, alt players who wish to take advantage with the reverse of this would be killing you I think. Stalled out at Level 35 with level 35 pvp gear All gem slots open with high level gems 8+. Enhanced Illution, Enhanced Determination, Enhanced Ruthlessness. Stall troop at level 10, spend all duru on enlightment. who cares about the troop. High soul and fate. I could go on but this should be enough to handle your 1 time stun and Retaliate, Especially a mage if he got sun up.

Ps you can unequip your mount...

Originally posted by Atomslaya View Post
                  Just saying NEXT each time is making you look pretty silly when you just selectively reply.
                  It's really becoming quite funny how you (think you) negate part of an argument and then go on as if the entire argument is negated. This really is the last time I'm gonna even comment on what you post, cause there really is no discussing with you. You gloss over anything you can't negate and what you do try to negate is done poorly, yet you think you're doing a great job (sorry to burst your bubble).
                  1. Just because only people come on the forum to complain doesn't mean that you aren't a minority, there are thousands and thousands of people playing wartune, yet only a few complain. Being a loud minority doesn't make you right, the silent majority seems to think everything is good as it is or you'd see a lot more people complaining. And even if you were a majority, that still doesn't necessarily make you right, but lets not get into that discussion as this is not the case. You belong to a very loud and persistent minority, period.
                    As you might have noticed even, more and more people that disagree with you seem to be finding their way to this topic. So there aren't only people that want things changed. People are even bothering to post to keep things the way they are, which happens far less often than people posting to complain.
                  2. I never said change shouldn't happen, please read what I say properly before spouting nonsense, you're making yourself look bad. You even quoted it in your post and still manage to disregard (over) half the sentence. You still haven't given a good reason to change things (no a bunch of people making thread upon thread is not a good reason in itself when what they say isn't correct) nor have you provided a workable alternative (as i said, you're looking to change the entire equipment, sylph, ... br ratings just to try and make your way work). So your entire argument about the dark ages is again entirely besides the point, just as half what you're saying. So you might be able to go on and on, but it doesn't help your case as you're talking besides the point.
                  3. As Nk412 pointed out, filling entire bg's could prove quite troublesome depending on how wide you would make bg br brackets. Yes there are quite a few people playing Wartune cross server, but similar br people aren't all joining bg's at the same time. So you could be stuck in a half empty or worse bg. Good for carters, but it's BATTLEGROUND, not cartville, as i said before. The point is to battle each other, which is kind of hard with almost no people in it.
                  4. I've shown you clearly how a br system could be "abused", it's why you then suggested to change all that stuff about how equipment, sylph, ... br should be calculated. Yet now you dare claim that there's really no way to abuse it?
                  5. Why wouldn't you be allowed to change your runes? They're essentially like spells and also don't change your br whatsoever. Or do you not actually mean runes, but maybe astrals?

Big kuddos to everything MolochMage said btw, there would just be other people that would utterly crush you. There are plenty of people with alts. I can see quite a few people making an alt purely for this new bg to go mess with people the way MolochMage suggests.

Another 30 minutes of my life wasted, but I see it as charity earning me good karma and shizz. Educating the uneducated is a civic duty.
                  1 Someone asked me why I'm bothering if its just going to be ignored. How many others think the same way so dont bother. This is probably why we seem like a minority. I'm just more persistant I would wager the MOST of players posting to keep it the way it is, because they dont want to lose the advantage they have. So they have a vested interest to disclaim and troll these threads. Which would account for why we look like the minority.
                  2 Where was I saying change the all the equipment? I remeber saying equipment like the few astrals that dont give BR should. I belive what I sead was
                  Originally posted by Ep!cFa!l View Post
                  As stated before though some stuff would need to have BR added to them if they dont have already.
                  Once you click to enter the battle though whatever you are equiped with is locked though. No even entering the inventory or slyph menus, no changing your runes
                  A few items and interface changes. Still hard but not unrealistic.
                  3 Theres been times I have had this happen to me in the new system. Usually if I join late in the match. Ive even been in 1 vs 2 BG's. rare but will likely be in lower levels. Someone earlier was complaining it would remove people insentive to grow? You pointed out one even I didnt think about. There would have to eventually be a Blaw BR+ group just as we have a Blaw level+ group. whatever that # be would also be an insentive to get there for those who are pushing to fight the best and be the best.
                  4 What you call abuse I call stratigising. Above I shown a stratigy I would use in a br rated bg against your "Abusive" stratigy. I wouldent bother with it myself but its something I would talk to any newbs I recruit. I think it would help keep their interest in the game till they built to a point they they feel leveling to join us in Guild wars and such. Your slow leveling aproch so many are talking about.
                  5 as the first quote in point 2 stated, some things would that dont have BR would need it. Runes was one of them in responce to super high level stuns. which is why they would be locked out.

As for your civic duty, I find it funny. I was considering what I'm doing with you a public service. Forcing you to think.

Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
                  @EpicFail
                  If your cashing a good amount, no need to slow level. SLow leveling helps the people who don't have cash to ahve an advantage in bg.
                  This discussion of BR based bg will be exploited 100% It will destroy game values and hard work. This is my opinion and many others agree as well this is a bad idea to go too. The gem thing was a little example of a situation.
                  DO you even see the scenarios that will happen that people post on here?
                  And, "How many new players joined this game realized they wont get any honer beyond the lock out from going below crusader and just quit." *** does that mean?
                  Slow level = Chance to kill without cashing.
                  Exactly how does one gain the advantage when both sides practice the same stratigies for the most part. You dont think the cashers have the same leveling practices. They advance faster because of all the extras they get for being VIP. Bonus event tokens, bonus exp, chances to get free high level gems, seeds, etc. We both level the same way but if you have more you can do more.
                  Do I see the senarios? Hell I'm posting some myself. So yes.
                  As for the last part.it was just a thought I had during the post. I'll admit it shouldnt have been posted as its irrelivent.

Originally posted by Leighton87 View Post
                  I am still saying the BG is as good as it is now and it doesn't need any changeing. I can only repeat myself: either level slowly and miss out on some stuff but advance in the honor ranking and the overall stregth this way or cash ur BR up so u can keep up with the leveling, either way especially when put together works incredibly well.

Did anyone besides me notice that EpicFail posted, that he had been gone for 8 months. 8 MONTHS! What was he expecting in that time? That everyone would stand still and wait for him to return? Does he have any idea about the amount of gold people have put into astrals and daru into troops in the mean time? Ofc everyone he used to play with who stuck with the game is now stronger then he is. there were probably like 10+ mounts that came out in the mean time which everyone was able to get even if u r a free player. in these 8 months also a lot of things changed like the introduction of sylphs. Everyone had had more time to work on their sylphs, get free things for their sylphs etc then he did. I start to feel more that he is just upset that he is not that big shot anymore that he once were.
                  ROFLMFAO dude this post is about helping the newbs. I knew before I even decided to come back I was going to be gimp. This is no almighty shock to my system. You are simply focusing on my 8 month absence and ignoring the fact that I hated BG as it is even when I was OP'ed. I dont see the HONER in destroying deffencless people. I'm a not politician.
                  Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-03-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ep!cFa!l View Post
                    Exactly how does one gain the advantage when both sides practice the same stratigies for the most part. You dont think the cashers have the same leveling practices. They advance faster because of all the extras they get for being VIP. Bonus event tokens, bonus exp, chances to get free high level gems, seeds, etc. We both level the same way but if you have more you can do more.
                    Do I see the senarios? Hell I'm posting some myself. So yes.
                    As for the last part.it was just a thought I had during the post. I'll admit it shouldnt have been posted as its irrelivent.
                    Most people who have 1k+ to spend on here, do not need the slow leveling strategy because they will immediately obtain the br faster.
                    Yes the casher has more advantages but we as slow leveler's as just right behind them.
                    I also wanted to explain something to everyone about level up unlocks more stuff to increase your br.
                    Yes when you level up you get more equipment, more astrals, more Academy level and hte other stuff but...
                    That is too much stuff to focus on to get it at a better stat. You still got guild skills, astrals, and equipment to enchant at the same time yet do you have enough gold to cover it all?
                    Unless you cash, no.
                    Most people who fast level, usually stop in the 60 range to work their characters up a bit cause 70+ PvP just sucks a lot xD And their br is still crappy...
                    I can see what you are saying though. If it wasn't abused, and there weren't so many slow levelers, it would work with like the range of x amount of br to x amount.
                    It would give other players who have equal br a literally match that's fair for everyone. Somehow though I see someone even stalking at that limit br for a certain bg and just farming their too just a bit slower to gain LD.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                    I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                    I...I love you like a love song baby...
                    And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                    :o:o:o:o

Comment

• should get honor for defeating npc..instead of players

Comment

• I know I said I wouldn't reply to you anymore, but this one cracked me up so bad, I just have to:
                        Ps you can unequip your mount...
                        That is your reply to Molochmage saying you shouldn't get any mounts as they give br?
                        Yes you can unmount your mount, but that doesn't change anything to the stats and thus br you receive from mounts.
                        ____

And again you somehow assume lower level players would have far bigger stats than higher level players at similar br's. Why are you so persistent in failing to understand that just IS NOT the case. All your stats directly affect your br, so there's just no way to have half someone else's overall stats with similar br, how can you fail to see this? How can you even claim with a straight face that someone with similar br could have double the stats?
                        BG's based on br brackets means that the people in them will have similar stats, that's just how it is.

So now that we have (hopefully) established that there's just no way your low level would have far better stats than the high level, lets elaborate why MolochMage's tailored character would whoop your butt.
                        Step 1: Lvl 80: This one is quite obvious, extra lvl's give so much advantage
                        • More skill points = better and/or more powerful skills
                        • Higher buildings lvl => higher troops
                        • Higher talent caps (i really think i've made my point on that one)
                        • ... (probably something i'm forgetting atm)

Step 2: PvE 30 armor: for the +x rage from each action, so he can use his far better skills as often as possible
                        Step 3: No guild skills: to prevent any fake br you might have from your opposite attack stat (power's patk or intellect's matk), since those don't actually make you stronger (also why you don't want any mounts) and in it's totality to just reduce your br as low as possible to maximize your lvl advantage
                        Step 4: Equip only astrals that don't give you any BR, but some do give you a very nice boost. Eg EWD, that isn't even usable by archers, cause they rely heavily on crit hits for rage gain. So in your bg's, mages and knights that could use EWD that doesn't add br would be stronger for the same br as an archer that just can't use EWD, but instead boosts crit which does add br.
                        Step 5 and 6 explained themselves, less br, to maximize lvl advantage.

+ no using fate stones possibly even, cause brutal edge adds br

NEXT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ep!cFa!l View Post
                          After all that, you just cut your stats to what 1/5th, 1/8th that they were?
                          Oh no. It's far too late for me. Here, let me show you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moloch-70-Newbie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1681129

This is me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moloch-70-Newbie-Nude.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1681130

This is me, without clothes, astrals, medal, sylph and troops ;D

On the flip side, alt players who wish to take advantage with the reverse of this would be killing you I think. Stalled out at Level 35 with level 35 pvp gear All gem slots open with high level gems 8+. Enhanced Illution, Enhanced Determination, Enhanced Ruthlessness. Stall troop at level 10, spend all duru on enlightment. who cares about the troop. High soul and fate. I could go on but this should be enough to handle your 1 time stun and Retaliate, Especially a mage if he got sun up.
                          You think this is about stun?

The character I specificed would be able to kill your proposed level 35 without using any skills...
                          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

• When everyone disagreed with you, you should take the hint and just shut the **** off. Epicfail is an epic fail indeed.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Fine make arguments against the changes I considered by using the system as it stands now ignoring my recomendations like adding br on astrals that have none. adding br to rune levels adding br to soal and fate levels, adding br to tallent levels. ignore all this and focus on what we have now to prove Im wrong. I your right you all win...

I Will say your right on your call against me about the mount. my bad I admit I was wrong about this, I could have sworn at one time it effected you BR but guess not.

As to my newb BR consept. He probably couldent touch you your right... he wouldent have the br. They barly break 20k your more likely to verse average joes in the 60's Super newb would have to be probably in 50's to 60's with best gear he could get(In the current system).

Its funny how everyone seems to be getting mad at me for trying to find a way of being fair. At no point did I say I'm right. I just wanted to have a discution about ways to be fair to new players. Like all other threads about fixing it though it all boils down to the posters an idiot, right?

you dont think the top players are employing the slow level build because they get their stuff faster and dont need to? Your willing to throw every advantage you can think of against this system but wouldent bother with any other?

Ariad if everyone dropped stuff because they were told they were wrong we wouldent have modern medicine, earth would still be the center of the universe. we wouldent have cars and we would all still be under imperial rule to rulers who think they are gods.

I guess humanity really cannot care about their fellow man unless theres a disaster they all face that puts everyone on an even playing field. Like a huricane or the 9/11 bombing. Why have we not fixed world hunger and poverty? Because theres no profit for anyone but those who need it. Let them starve and die.
                              Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-02-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• when someone is going on an irrelevant rant, you know they already lost the argument.
                                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X